Salvation Army

Who else is based and gets their clothes here?
>nice levi jeans $7 - 10
>hoodie $5 - 10
>shirts $5 -8
Buying the above outfit at the mall or JC Penny somewhere will run you $100+ easy. Why do people allow stores to fleece them with these prices?

Attached: CA7A793A-48CC-42D8-83F1-8C38ECFB51F7.jpg (525x350, 98K)

I buy stuff at thrift stores sometimes but can’t get all my clothes there. A lot of it is ugly and worn out. Many times I go and don’t find a single item worth buying in the hundreds I sift through. I doubt you’re looking that fresh if every outfit is second hand.

>A lot of it is ugly
Not so in my experiences.
>and worn out.
Sometimes that's nice, other times it's not.

>Salvation army
you fucking new rich poser fag. I steal my clothes from the clothes for africa container and fix them, and my food I dumbster, btw, broke 7 figures in July

based

5-10 range...wow they really jacked their prices up.. guess the 2-4 dollar days are gone... greedy places

I used to work at a thrift store, as an associate then a manager, if anyone wants to know anything.

Gotta pay their wagies somehow

>wasting your time looking through garbage clothes
Nice going fuckhead most of your clothes can be found online for just as much or less.
time is money. nice job wasting it looking for faggot clothes

Opinion on the quality of clothing usually passing through the shop? Is OP speaking the truth?

How difficult was the job?

i got an Armani dress shirt from here once for $5. I’ve sifted through a lot of shit though

like Ross or Target?

oh my god

he went to ross

I worked in a nice city and the store was often complimented for being clean. We still received tons of shit/trash items, but there was good (and clean) stuff to be found. There were occasionally people with expensive tastes who'd donate designer brands and stuff (mostly for women, so women's clothing, purses, shoes, etc.) I've purchased a decent amount of name-brand clothes from the store I had worked at (customers would get first dibs, of course).
However, there were plenty of "donation droughts" in our store. There were weeks where we'd get nothing but mostly stuff we had to dispose of. So it really depends on luck if you're looking for something specific i.e. jeans, sneakers.
As for the work, if it's a chain, then it mainly depends on the store management and corporate policies. My company liked to enforce daily "production" quotas on everyone working on merchandising. I did a lot of lifting furniture and sorting through dirty clothes. But as with any retail job, the customers were still the shittiest part, kek

As someone who has a good job but is extremely frugal, is it worth sifting through those places for deals?

Attached: 1525385851445.png (540x504, 359K)

Someone has coomed on and in each and everyone one of those items.

I can usually get good stuff at Old Navy for cheap, so I just opt for that

Do employees keep donations/buy them for themselves? How do expensive items (paintings, gold/jewelry) and obvious rare things get handled... Are they sent somewhere else/auction?
What is the percentage of dead persons items there? Like an estate clean-out etc.
Thanks!

Attached: 1554762948391.png (1127x685, 37K)

The company I worked for allowed employee purchases but only for merchandise that had been in the store for weeks. Although later on they canned purchases entirely while I was working there.
Employees aren't supposed to hold or hide anything, period, but it's happened where I worked with multiple people, and there's probably plenty of internal theft I don't know about.
Yes, you hit the nail on the head. Particularly expensive items (jewelry, paintings, and things often sold online like collectible toys and vidya) were never to be sold in the store. They would be sent to a nearby warehouse for online auction.
There's not really a quantitative limit to what you can donate, so occasionally, maybe every couple of months or so, we did have people bring in truckloads of things, perhaps from their deceased relative.

hell fucking yes

i find brand new name brand clothes with the tags still on them at thrift stores.
and buy black and white shirts from theadairgroup.com for less than 2 bucks a pop

More of a Marshall's guy myself. I like a bargain but I can't be assed to dig through a mountain of cigarette smelling shirts.

Pretty sure this pic is from "John Dies at the End"

I buy my dildos from there

Yes I do. Easy way to fill out a wardrobe. Never pay more than $7 an item. Target clothes are a good deal too. I buy suits, slacks, and nice dress shirts from Goodwill. Have also scored 3 pairs of nice Allen Edmonds over the years for $10-12 a pair.

no.

Ahahahah what a fucking act. Halfway based prick

You should be able to get t shirts for $2 max

because the time you spend sifting through all of this crap can be used making money and buying yourself something nice

I only buy books, the clothes at the goodwill I go to just has clothes from the 80s that don’t fit me. Even the hawaiian shirts are shit

Thrift stores are almost all junk

eBay is a great thrift store.

>salvation
The place is actually christian. They discriminate against gays. Don’t shop there, dude.

unironically yes

Kys stupid faggot trans nigger

Thanks just bought 100k

>doesn't buy from thrift stores & sell them on ebay

well said

Attached: 1566966195149.jpg (751x1000, 94K)

I was an associate at Goodwill for a while through high school, and my experience was mostly the same. You can find some real gems, but generally at larger chain thrift stores, the employees seperate designer brand stuff and sell them at different(more expensive) locations.

Just get bespoke suits and shirts from a traveling tailor. $1000-2K for a suit. $100-$250 for a shirt. You will be better dressed than 99.9% of people.

Yes, you have to fork out some money but as long as you maintain your figure, the shirts and suits will last 10+ years.

Where I worked, employees had a set "day" where they could shop. This was to discourage them from hiding items within the store to buy for themselves later. Was kinda lame, but we also got a 50% discoubt on everything, that stacked with other discounts.

I would rather buy my clothes at Walmart. I prefer new clothes over branding.

We never had anything like that when i was working there. Employees could get fired for hiding/stealing but soooooo many did anyways. The manager asked me one time to hide something for her it was every man for himself situation until the cameras arrived, and most people quit