/eBay General/

How fucked am I? Edition

>be me
>sell $5000+ item costing ~$500 to ship cross country
>Buyer says it arrived just fine, but has small warranty issue (He says he'll settle for $750 partial refund or will try to use ebays money back guarantee to get all his money back. I feel like this is extortion.

What do I do? I represented the machine honestly to the best of my ability. I feel that this is like buying a used car with low miles on it, then discovering a small defect thats covered by the car manufacturer's warranty, and trying to extort compensation for time and gas money from the guy you bought it from for your drive to the car dealership so they can fix it. Really rubs me wrong.

If he uses the money back guarantee thing, what are my chances of being screwed out of everything by eBay? HALP

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 10.08.05 PM.png (294x160, 24K)

Bump for an answer.

Attached: 1569016310152.gif (112x112, 734K)

Tell him to fuck off and that you know his address. Should get the message across.

If you mailed it to his house tell him you can fly out to retrieve it over a secondary unofficial communication. Should fix his act real quick if he thinks youre serious.

Tell him that he will have to ship back the item in the same condition that he has received it. Since he told you in the message that the problem is only a small warranty issue, he can't just trash it to spite you. Imagine the amount of time and effort it would take him to go to the post office and ship something as expensive. Supposedly many scammers will balk at this idea and they're just trying to get a partial refund to get a discount.

Alternatively do a "sent ;)" trick on him and say that you have sent the partial refund. Since it's outside of eBay (if you call them they will tell you to never offer a partial refund because it's not covered), he won't get protection and they will also see the message exchange if he escalates.

Or "send" him $30 if that's how much it costs and offer to help with the warranty procedure. Wear him down until he gives up.

have him prove that it is broken, have him ship it back, or tell him to fuck off. I've had multiple buyers claim that shit was broken when it wasn't. All of a sudden after a few msgs of saying that it was fine before leaving it fixes itself everytime.

I've sent shit out because paypal said there was a pending transaction but I never received the funds. Ebay wanted me to fucking go to the internet cyber police try to get back $80 shits fucking retarded. Didn't even bother.

Attached: 1560271847128.jpg (712x388, 41K)

this is such a PITA

>If he uses the money back guarantee thing, what are my chances of being screwed out of everything by eBay? HALP
Certainty

eBay will force you to accept a return if he made the complaint within your return policy period. You will be responsible for return shipping since he said there was a problem with the item. If you refuse to accept the return and pay for return shipping, eBay will give the buyer a full refund out of your account and you will not receive a refund on the final value fees (eBay's cut when you sold the item). This is pretty simple stuff, retard.

Tell him you will kill his whole family if he fucks with you.

Buyer always wins once escalated, its why you never sell anything worth more than a couple hundred

>sell broken item on ebay
>demand buyer go to manufacturer
>whine on Jow Forums
next time be honest and clearly disclose item is broken and is being sold for parts . If you were in buyers shoes you would be pissed at buying a broken item and being told it is up to you to have it fixed

Attached: 1528864381429.jpg (493x639, 91K)

Don’t sell items that are prone to breaking on their way to the buyer

t.$80k gross yearly on eBay

It's a common scam and you got played. Ebay is in on it so there's really nothing you can do. It's sad but most people out there have an iq under 101. Best to assume everyone you interact with is a retard until proven otherwise.
You should still seek justice, just not through ebay. You have his name and address, go fuck him up. It doesn't take much. Something as small as panties taped to a brick with a note saying "fuck you". If married he won't be much longer after that. Broken glass in ground beef for his dogs, find where he works and arrange a shitload of complaints until fired, etc.. I'm sick of people like that, they need to be punished. You know he deserves that and more.

why did your listing not have an AS IS notice on it?

how many ratings does this guy have and how long has he been on ebay? I always set a standard, such as "Must be an Ebay member for 6 months with 10 feedbacks" or whatever, and that just kills off all scammers for any super high priced item I sell.

>withdraw all funds on your paypal account immediately, and please don't tell me this is your first high ticket item sale so paypal is holding your money hostage (if it is you DESERVE to lose the case and money altogether)
>ghost the buyer
>never sell on ebay or use paypal ever again
I just saved you from a future of trouble and scams, you better be thankful OP

Attached: 1568689983976.gif (216x261, 229K)

Unlink your bank account from PayPal and stop selling on eBay

NIGGER listen!!
CONTACT EBAY STAT VIA TELEPHONE AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION!!
send them screenshots of your shipping cost and conversations.
If you let him use ebay moneyback on you its over frend and you will get bend over by ebay and PayPal!!
CALL THOSE NIGGERS STAT OR LOOSE YOUR VIRGINITY

I would tell him, returns are fine but customer has to pay for return shipping and money will be returned once item is received. I don’t think he will want to pay $500 to ship it back to you. What a lazy cunt though, why the fuck wouldn’t he take it to the manufacture and use the warranty, fuck some people are just retarded.

It doesn't work like that, Ebay will take the customer over the seller!! Trust me ive fucked over sellers before so i know hes fucked unless he gets on the PHONE with ebay STAT

Yeah I know that, you are right. eBay are fucking jews, avoid selling there if you can op

What have you gotten yourself into user, at this point your assholes virginity is at the mercy of ebay and PayPal and theres nothing you will be able to do when they spit on your brown eye and give you the D

you are unironicly fucked. I’m sorry you had to learn this way. Paypal is literal skum of the earth

Anyone else sell on eBay?

Not even if he gets on the phone. eBay will just say you will have to pay for shipping. I know, because I had to call them for the same reason on an item that cost less than $5 to ship.

I just started selling crypto merchandise online, but I made sure I did a bit of research first, decided to only stock a bit on eBay because of all the horrible stories I read about them

Shhh the phone call was his 1% chance of hope, now you ruined any hope that he had left!!

Well done user, hopefully no one ruins your hopes and dreams like you just did to OP

Didn't you insure the item with the shipping company? Aren't they the ones who should be responsible for this damage?

At this point I would consider maybe what this user has suggested

What do you sell there?

Attached: 1553417066087.jpg (1320x2048, 369K)

At this point you have already paid $500 in fees to eBay, $500 in shipping, if you have to pay to return the item then ship it again, that will be another $1000. $2000 down. You either bite that bullet and continue selling or this next time before commenting to selling to a user on eBay, check they have a half decent rating first.

Probably cockrings and anal beads that he buys at wholesale price from china

>$80k gross yearly on eBay
What is net? And is First Class USPS the cheapest shipping option? Fees and shipping cut in profits like a motherfucker.

eBay would refund the fee IF AND ONLY IF the buyer doesn't ask eBay to step in. One little message and goodbye $500. Fuck eBay. Fuck PayPal. We need decentralized markets to gain more popularity.

True, well I guess op’s only option is to bend at the knees to the buyer