Google will be able to crack Bitcoin’s encryption in a couple years

Attached: BE4B2571-A85D-4B42-ACD7-9268F9B7E001.jpg (750x1082, 385K)

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/googles-quantum-supremacy-to-render-all-cryptocurrency-military-secrets-breakable/
interestingengineering.com/googles-quantum-processor-may-achieve-quantum-supremacy-in-months
technologyreview.com/f/614416/google-researchers-have-reportedly-achieved-quantum-supremacy/
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Quantum_computing_and_Bitcoin#Mitigations
albacore.io/faketoshi
csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bullrun till 2022 and waiting for BitcoinSV Quantum edition.

the devs can just make it SHA 512 and that will buy us a few more years

You can already crack bitcoin now it's just not profitable to do so

making bitcoin quantum resistant is fairly easy.

google is full of shit.

infowars.com/googles-quantum-supremacy-to-render-all-cryptocurrency-military-secrets-breakable/

Lol goog cant even code. Computing reached its peak in 80s. Blame nu capitalism.

It’s real. They have already solved chess retard

Attached: A773FF34-92A8-406A-B831-11B8A4878485.jpg (750x800, 180K)

Are you fucking retarded? The universe would die of heat death before you could crack a singular wallet.

Why are you posting this every day?

See below. You are gravely mistaken if you think Google is behind the ball on this one.

This is new news

the security is in the profit incentive not the algorithm

CAN THESE NIGGERS CRACK BITCOIN WITH QUANTUM COMPUTING OR NOT, I NEED ANSWERS

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u10.jpg (393x550, 32K)

Chess is a game not of strategy but knowing every possible potential outcome of a game, of course a computer is better at that.

That is a complete non-answer. You cannot crack an HD wallet even if it had 100 trillion dollars in it.

no

>full of kikes*
ftfy

Attached: 1543800668949.png (540x493, 102K)

It's months old you absolute faggot
interestingengineering.com/googles-quantum-processor-may-achieve-quantum-supremacy-in-months

no it's is a more precise answer than yours

given that sha256 will be secure for bitcoin as long as it is profitable to be not how long it takes to crack a hd wallet.

You guys should learn to code.

SHA-256 is safe against quantum computing so far, as the best algorithm requires 2^128 tries to find two different things that hash to the same value.

ECDSA is not quantum safe because Shor's algorithm will allow you to break it in 128^3 tries, which is not as big as 2^128 for traditional computers. Most of the encryption, like RSA, DSA, DH, etc. are all breakable by quantum computers. I trust the developers to be able to update bitcoin so it becomes quantum safe.

This new news. It broke 24 hours ago. Here is MIT’s review.

technologyreview.com/f/614416/google-researchers-have-reportedly-achieved-quantum-supremacy/

Attached: 17DA2A77-DED8-48A3-AE83-99767E6258C9.jpg (750x1256, 649K)

Seek below

Google search:

>Google quantum supremacy

Ye

They won’t because they’re the only ones who can so they’d get caught

Trillion dollar Jew tech company Quantum computer vs some anonymous faggot on a conventional computer yeah I wonder who will win

>Sha256 will be secure for bitcoin as long as it is profitable to be
Do you even know how bitcoin works?

so they'll just fork it lmao

Sha 256 breaking is a lot more damaging to entire nations and way more $$$ than fucking “160 billion” lmao.

I’m well aware there is a bigger security threat than fake internet money. Google
Could give this technology to China or some crazy shit. The threat is real

when the price of using energy to break sha256 is more profitable than using the same amount of energy to mine bitcoin bitcoin will need to change algorithms .
The economics is more critical to the security of bitcoin than the computer code you soi boy

>guy working in the CIA could go to china

Are you retarded? Do you realize that people are not going to jail for treason ? What a stupid retort.

Do you think Google is more likely to work with the US government? Or China? These people hate Trump and are not interested in working with us.

Bet there's only White and Asian males on Google's quantum computing team

honestly this

they are super serious about "inclusion and diversity," but i'm willing to bet that the special teams have only white men with a couple asians and 1 indian.

CSW already did this during his BBC 'fake' signing on TV from a few years ago. Literally 99.999999999% of people did not truly understand what happened when he did his 'fake' proof signing.

google is 80% indian/chinese these days and half the white people there are slav so I wouldn't put it past them. And they refused to help the US govt in a defense project while deciding to help build a censorship tool for the CCP. Google is not an American company anymore.

fuck... crypto was my chance of retiring by 25

if sha-2 got cracked, which it wont then they would move on to sha-3

mining is not the same as cracking.

fork to sha-512

easy

i feel you man

Thiel has stated on the record he thinks Google leadership is in bed with China

Cracking wallets =/ mining. If you have the computer power mining is ALWAYS more profitable than attacking the chain to perform a double spend. Thats how the incentives have been created.

I skimmed the paper. It's fucking bullshit. Here is the only part that matters.

However,
realizing the full promise of quantum computing (e.g.
Shor’s algorithm for factoring) still requires technical
leaps to engineer fault-tolerant logical qubits[19{23].

So they don't have fault-tolerant qubits because at the current time engineering these logical qubits requires EXPONENTIAL energy use. This isn't quantum supremacy because generating random numbers with a CSPRNG is already good enough. They are just saying using some contrived bullshit with random circuits we generate a string faster than it would take a normal machine to simulate these quantum circuits, but that doesn't fucking matter when this is a useless goal.

There's much more involved than a lame cryptomemecoin here.

many people are completely missing the point with Google and these Mega-corporations. They obviously have no allegiance to the US (or any nation state for that matter).

Lets look at facebook for example, they are under a criminal antitrust investigation from a hostile Department of Justice, and their first thought is to make "Libra." There are people who are betting on Google and these other Monopolies to win in the end. They can't see the writing on the wall. France and a few other countries are already banning Zuckbucks. But the retards who own these companies persist as though they are completely above the law and will never get shut down.

Attached: Screenshot (200).png (1054x708, 239K)

Google is ahead of the curve on this one. Discount them at your own risk.

To be fair, history has shown, these corporations ARE above most laws. When you can bribe your way out of anything and own the data of billions of people you are in some instances, more powerful than some countries.

>what is post-quantum cryptography

Maybe they aren't there yet, but they are coming for your butthole. If you think they have any competition or any restrictions, they don't. They have more money than God, and you are going to get buttraped if you ignore them.

>If you have the computer power mining is ALWAYS more profitable
no, this would depend on the value of the wallet

Once again, slower for you. MINING POWER DOES NOT EQUAL CRACKING WALLETS.

But Blockstream said forks are bad

I clearly said energy

ITT: brainlets not realizing that if Google cracks 256 bit cryptography Bitcoin will be the last of our worries.
THE ENTIRE INTERNET RELIES ON CRYPTO, YOU MONGOLOIDS.

It is not the same computing power, you would need entirely different machines. They are not equivocal. You can have all the energy in the world and you cannot crack a HD wallet before the universe dies of heat death.

Google is absolutely more powerful than many countries. They act this way because they fear no one, because they are used to working with an incompetent Government Bureaucracy they can constantly make shady deals with.

>Their arrogance will be their downfall
>Trump, and many other Senators have learned how dangerous Google really is, and how Google is planning to unseat ALL of them
>Faceberg is currently threatening the FED's power by "printing" Libra.
>Trump will gather all available information in a ruthless fashion and assemble a team of ruthless psychopaths and patriots alike attack them legally (and in any other fashion).

Trump will find a weak point and absolutely go for the throat. He will destroy Google one way or the other. He will break their back, or crush their throat etc. I'm assuming he's going for criminal charges against leadership. Only then will these other Tech companies get in line and behave.

Everyone thinks i'm crazy when I say that Trump (and his newly formed band of Senators) will absolutely destroy Google. He destroyed China in 6 months.

Attached: darkforest.jpg (750x500, 78K)

>It is not the same computing power, you would need entirely different machines.
that is my point, the economics is more critical than the IT

>Computing reached its peak in 80s
we haven't even bottomed out on silicon transistors. when fully propagated 6nm arrives, you are going to see some shit.

Electronic money is the least of our worries.

i don't even know what an HD wallet is, but i'm assuming it's much more secure? quick rundown please.

scaling 53 to 256?
ezpz huh?

BAHAHAHAHAHA
writer is a fucking retard

hierarchical deterministic wallet, you are almost certaintly using one.

computer science and cryptography maths != "learning to code" you fucking faggot. Code monkeys just load and invoke whatever library stack overflow tells them to.

What will they able to do with this? Can you give examples that are not "they gonna own the entire internet"?

MIT thinks they are a threat.

I think we have bigger things to worry about than them cracking the code on buttcoins

they can read all of your e-

Think about it. Banking systems and nearly everything else is run on a computer network. You need passcodes to access these systems.

>Banks
>Justice system
>Literally anything

Hard Fork to Sha-512, and continue to do so until it's unfeasible for Google to break it, repeat.

Almost all encryption security relies on sha256. The entire banking system would fail overnight if sha256 was cracked, government secrets would be stolen, weapons systems could be hijacked. It would truly be a nightmare scenario, bitcoin would hardly be on the radar to whoever can crack it.

hahahahahahahahahhaahaha

can you elaborate on this, or give me a link user? I have read that before, and would like to investigate that viewpoint further.

GENTLEMEN, I have an announcement to make. Please be seated and the presentation shall commence shortly.

Attached: 1563005746532.jpg (1200x1200, 111K)

I think he is trying to say craig wright cracked sha 256 to explain how he used a satoshi signature. If that is the case it is laughably wrong. Craig copied an old signature from satoshi and tried to pass it off as his.

so theyre going to magically improve proficiency by a factor of
2^203 in 3 years?
2^53 while impressive is a universe apart from 2^256
its not as simple as multiplying 53 by 5 to get to 256 qubits
each bit is exponentially more difficult than the last

MIT the briainchild of Enigma and pentlands scam Endor? lol

>0.0753 people understand

Look. I’m a chess player and I saw Google play 100 matches against a super computer with no loses. The impressive thing was, Google’s computer was given no information except how to play the game - and 4 hours of practice...

>After 4 hours of practice, Google’s computer is rated 4700.
>The supercomputer is rated 3600.

Google is a serious threat. Maybe they see something you don’t.

there is more to the "fake" signing than meets the eye. Even involving steganography, but I´m not well enough versed in cryptography to follow those breadcrumbs into the forest.

Would really appreciate another breadcrumb/link.

>there is more to the "fake" signing than meets the eye.
I wouldn't doubt this, but where is the evidence

>53 quibits
HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHA
also, in order to break SHA-256 you need an algorithm for the quantum computer to follow
there is nothing alive in this earth that can come up with that algo right now
it is exponentially harder to make quantum algorithms

ALSO
you need a computer of 1500 qubits to break SHA
but that's not all
bitcoin is double hashed, and...
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Quantum_computing_and_Bitcoin#Mitigations
>Bitcoin already has some built-in quantum resistance. If you only use Bitcoin addresses one time, which has always been the recommended practice, then your ECDSA public key is only ever revealed at the one time that you spend bitcoins sent to each address. A quantum computer would need to be able to break your key in the short time between when your transaction is first sent and when it gets into a block. It will likely be decades after a quantum computer first breaks a Bitcoin key before quantum computers become this fast.

QUANTUM
COPING

I bet you are a smart guy, and so am I. We have a tendency to discount other people. Google might have a new idea, technology or a completely new method

ETHEREUM IS QUANTUM RESISTANT
$2,100 EOY/Q1of2020

See below

i have a 512 quantum decrypter in my closet, don't count me out bro

Laugh all you want

Here you go, we are all satoshi now.
albacore.io/faketoshi

Anybody can tie a message to block 9 with a signature satoshi already used. This is how craig wright did it, now you can too!

Google has cracked bitcoin's encryption long ago, that's why they only use Chainlink

this. the shit in OP's pic is just click bait. quantum computing's effects on cryptography was news 20 years ago. practical post-quantum crypto libraries existed at least 6 years ago. the only thing we haven't done yet is standardize the algorithms used, but the NIST is working on that - csrc.nist.gov/projects/post-quantum-cryptography (not that we should listen to them)
Also, people spouting nonsense about breaking SHA-256 don't seem to realize that nothing considered secure uses SHA by itself, they use hybrid algorithms, like OpenVPN's --tls-ciphersuites options TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 or TLS_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256.
With regards to encrypted traffic, if your setup includes a decent form of PFS (Perfect Forward Secrecy) and/or ephemeral keys, then previously recorded encrypted traffic won't be susceptible to brute force attacks later, unless it's inside the key renegotiation window, which is why that should be set low.

not this time bro
one way cryptography is just like gravity
you can seethe and stomp the ground all you want, you can't go against it without firing up the rocket fuel

also, the real trick for bitcoin is not the encryption, but the game theory
if you had a massive super computer, instead of ATTACKING the network for a couple of bucks, you could MINE FOR THE NETWORK and make more money

this kills any form of attack and it's the reason bitcoin has never been hacked

also, some people fail to realize that SHA3 exists already

Ok. Always look out for threats. Failing to do so usually results in rape. The bad rape

If they're saying this now it means they can already do it and could have done it 2 years ago.

why mine the network if the profit is maxed at 12.5/block now, lees every halving... why not attack the network and leverage short beforehand.

because it's more profitable

I can’t beliece people aren’t taking this seriously

>cope

It's been taken seriously for a decade which is why everyone is ready for it. The Bitcoin community for example already has protocols for how to handle this exact situation. This would not even be the first time the most popular hashing function was broken.