How rich would you have to be to be able to have a huge castle constructed, with spires and shit...

How rich would you have to be to be able to have a huge castle constructed, with spires and shit? Would you rather live in a castle or a modern luxury home?

Attached: Tw3_beauclair_palace_3.jpg (1920x1080, 1.2M)

100 million minimum. And only in a shithole country then.

That castle would probably cost around $3 billion

10 million
modern luxury home designed like a castle

I heard about a year ago that some areas in Britain are practically giving castles away as long as you restore them and maintain the land.

Castles are amazing and it's been my dream to live in one since I visited my first one during a tour.
Absolutely beautiful but the logistics make it too difficult. Way too much maintenance, not to mention the compromised structural integrity from centuries old construction techniques that have long since been replaced and improved upon.
The best option I think would be to use your wealth to build a modern home with castle architecture as the inspiration.
A good amount of the price attached to currently standing castles is due to their historical significance, so I'd rather pay a fraction for the real estate and maintenance of a home inspired by castles rather than an actual castle.
I would also think it better to make it smaller because even large modern homes require an ungodly amount of maintenance. Either that or build it with the intention of renting out some spaces or building a community within it.

Building a new castle would be expensive and inefficient, and old ones are cold, damp and haunted as fuck, you might as well live in a haunted house

I'd rather live in a bastion fort. More defensible against artillery.

Attached: images (61).jpg (460x344, 43K)

Big homes are overrated. Even if I was a billionaire I wouldn't want one. You would have to staff it with an army of yes men addressing you as "jeeves". No privacy. Not to mention the maintenance costs and electricity costs. But who cares about that you are a billionaire. The main problem is that you would need to use a GPS to find your way around that place.

Attached: zYWoXDR.jpg (1600x1090, 662K)

Billions, many billions.

Also you're not supposed to live alone in these castles, you'd stay there with hundreds of people. One of the main reason was to have politicians/VIPs there with so you could control them and eventually kill them if needed.

Yeah in the old days they were government buildings. It's like looking at the Pentagon and going "woah if I had money I'd live in a pentagon"

I want a skyscraper in the water. 6 floors below the water and 7 above. Underwater tunnel to reach the place. Something like pic related but a little bigger without the bridge.

Attached: 8678-2-crystal-key-the.jpg (640x480, 52K)

>It's like looking at the Pentagon and going "woah if I had money I'd live in a pentagon"
Yes, but this is exactly what I want.

Attached: 1534603201247.jpg (960x717, 59K)

Millennials seriously need to stop talking about buying castles

Attached: image.jpg (768x999, 241K)

Attached: image.jpg (768x1003, 289K)

If I was rich I wouldn’t buy a house anywhere. I’d travel the world with my laptop bag, shitposting and living out of AirBnBs.

this but because of my immense paranoia of government surveillance

This seems like the move for crypto rich anons in the future. Pay for various air bnbs by tumbling crypto without a definitive property where you can be targeted to siphon tax money or overrun by refugees.

1M RSR should do the trick OP

How much does a house like this cost?

Depends where it is

Found out.

It cost around 9 million.

"Los Angeles Times told us that Al Gore - who remains at large - has bought a new villa for $8,875,000 in Montecito, just on the Eastern side from Santa Barbara, California.""

Why would I listen to a nigga literally named Gay

>picture is clearly not a castle

those can hardly be called 'castles'
more like medieval styled mansions with a large plot of land

Having a house like this is less about comfort and more about impressing guests. If you were a billionaire then it'd be important to keep up appearances to potential business partners.

> implying millenials can buy even a shed...

That's one thing I don't understand about rich people. It's like, why bother? You already have enough money that you can do whatever you want. What's the point of "impressing potential business partners" when you literally have no use for them?

Probably a certain level of vanity. They just want to amass as much money or influence as possible and make their name go down in history. Also, doing business is all they know by that point, so it'd be like cutting off your entire circle of friends if you wanted to get away from it all.

>Star of Chaos

>can't count

lmao none of you even read the article, its sarcasm

How does that change the fact that that picture is clearly not a castle, retard?