/smg/ stock market general

Haggai 1 edition
>5 Now therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.
>6 Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/Dar8zS0k

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Risk management:
pastebin.com/sqJUcbjp

Real-time market news:
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
thefly.com/index.php

Live Bloomberg stream:
livenewson.com/american/bloomberg-television-business.html

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free charting tools:
tradingview.com
koyfin.com/
finscreener.com/

Stock screeners:
finviz.com/
tradingview.com/screener

Premarket Data and Live data:
investing.com/indices/indices-futures
finance.yahoo.com/

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101:
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Basic rundown on lean hogs:
theoptionsguide.com/lean-hogs-futures-buying.aspx

List of hedge fund holdings:
fintel.io/

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

last:

Attached: 1551855798197.png (780x1200, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hello niggers I begin my new posting series on dividend aristocrats. I will be focusing on
>food
>non-cyclical consumer essentials
I will not be focusing on
>utilities
you are too late for utilities imo, they have already been rotated into. I may do a series on them later
>pharma
JNJ and PFE are good dividend stocks, however they will be excluded from this series
>financials
CINF is a classic aristocrat, however it will be excluded from this series because we are late cycle.
Good dividend resources are a mixture of
dividend.com
dividendinvestor.com
finviz.com
nasdaq.com for checking EPS and DPS
data may vary from source to source so be sure to check multiple sites!
Today's recommendations and non-recommendations will be as follows.
>PG
not recommended. It's payout ratio is very high meaning it cannot grow. very sad. this would have been an excellent stock 30 years ago but you probably weren't alive so sucks to suck
>KO
this is a stock dobber circle jerked before going all in on writing calls on margin on AMD. very sad. You should have bought it 30 years ago, but it's payout ratio is very high and you are a nigger
>LANC
extremely based food bro. high buy.
>CL
this stock makes me cum
>TR
Did you know you can make a fortune, grow your income passively, and make great gains from a company that sells some of the shiitiest candy of all time? Now you know
I'm literally just going down a list found in the source at the bottom
I hope you have enjoyed this post and I will continue this series later.

Attached: 1549951360853.png (776x795, 937K)

In summary
>PG
>KO
bad. 30 years ago you should have bought but now you are buying a boomers bags when they die. You are a nigger with a small penis
>LANC
>CL
>TR
All extremely based with low payout ratios, good growth and stable futures. They will survive in incoming societal collapse.
Reminder you are a nigger with a small penis
This will be my last post for the day, good day

Attached: 1547167663377.jpg (736x867, 74K)

Bloomberg doing a piece on Purdue Pharma bankruptcy

wells fargo and chase will be center of next collapse

y

Elaborate, I'm loaded up on BAC and WFC puts.

JP Morgan & Chase pulled out of the Canadian consumer credit market recently

So that's why they were refunding all that money.

Heh, KHC a good value. Collect a 0.40 Divvy while you wait for the turnaround. The brands are iconic and won't be going anyplace. Now that the Fake meat train has stalled now's KHC's chance.
Honestly can you picture a world without Ketchup or Mustard or Mayo or how about the Kraft singles and mac and cheese? Or how about the Coffee. The backlash would be extreme if they were to go. Hell you've prob got some of it in your cub bard right now.

what the fuck is a "cub bard"?

Hmm, more interesting tidbit of information. Someone did a study of FDA advisory meetings. Seems that drugs that passed the advisory stage, 70% of them got the final green light later that year. I don't know about you but I like those odds. Profit... I smell Profit. Big Pharma knows this to. I fully expect a lot of heavy bags to be dropped on AMRN's board table between 11/14 and 12/28. After 12/28 the cost to buy goes up a hell of a lot.

So start accumulating now?

MY OPTIONS ARE GOING TO ZERO WHEN TLRD GOES BANKRUPT AAAAAAA

A lot of fishy business
1/4 manhattan homes are Empty. Seen articles about how nothing is selling so their is suspician that sellers are just renting cause almost everything sold ends up trying to rent out. Lots and lots of expensive properties are unsold and no one want to rent either. Saw articles about orange county having lows in the market-poor is creeping in from LA crashing prices.
I have been doing research and it seems like these two banks amongst other are gonna get fucked. With all these repos people are wondering where this liquidity is needed so badly. You need a lot of rich people to afford these places and there arent a lot of rich people anymore. I think we are seeing the first part of cascading effects of losing middle class. Companies with lots of money in “middle class” type assets are gonna be fucked. Everyone is a poor wagie or rich now. And we have been building a lot of middle class shit no one can buy. Banks bundle it up and selling them just like in the 2008 crisis. So much stuff will crash in price soon enough. Probably as long as repos go i guess. Relatively new to this stuff but it looks fishy to me.
Especially with chase paying back everyone in canada and leaving

Up to you. I've already got a shit pot of shares but from what I've read for whatever reason even if the advisory meeting goes good the share price just goes nuts downward. You'd think after such good news the opposite would happen. People getting spooked and taking the easy buck I guess. So two ways to do it. Wait till the meeting date or a day after and then buy. or buy now and wait. But keep in mind this; Big Pharma may not wait. Stranger things have happened. Hell look at Arry. That company got bought and they don't got anything passed yet.

You wouldn't by chance also be the user with T-babies are you?

Yeah I am.

Nice to hear. I've been following your amen and t analysis for awhile now. Still haven't bought either. Hope to soon and I hope you do well.

AMRN*

Lost almost everything only $100 left on RH account gonna yolo it all on NIO Puts wish me luck.

IMPOSSIBLE golden bullrun coming soon

Attached: xcccx.jpg (2122x2976, 456K)

How much did you lose?

>buying stocks

Attached: boomer crashboy.png (1040x516, 263K)

>/smg/
>suck my genitals

Attached: 1496582215622.jpg (601x461, 46K)

>Lost almost everything
Same

Attached: 1548193358603.png (1018x2036, 159K)

Dividends are your fren!

>buy etsy

Attached: buy etsy.jpg (400x230, 29K)

Heh, I picked the wrong target fund. (didn't place order for it yet thank god). The one I actually needed based on my age,etc was the 2050 one. Hell I can't pull money outta my 401k till 59 1/2 (60) anyway without getting slapped by a fee so what's 5 more years to me. Sides that gives it (fund) more time to grow fat.

>Stock Market Setups In Place For Monster Breakout
What’s so impossible about it?

I started an IRA using target funds but its taking away from my ROTH contributions. Is there any benefit of having both types or should I just stick to ROTH?

Indeed

A lute playing bear child.

No. As a matter of fact I do not have any of that.

>Chase
FFS it's "JP Morgan Chase & Co"
>JP Morgan Chase
JP MORGAN CHASE
IT'S NOT JUST CHASE
AND
AND
AND
ITS AND CHASE
SAME FUCKING COMPANY
DICKS

And they didn't just forgive all debt, just the consumer credit. Still bad, about half of canadians carry something like $15k worth of consumer credit debt. JPM&C can't collect it, they tried for 2 years. They can't make money off of debt there. The beginning of the end of the kingdom of canadia has begun.

Also banks have been offering CDOs forever. They didn't stop after the bailout. Banks are faggots.

>trading derivatives
Shoo financelet. How's Facebook's "libra" crypto currency doing? Did your shitcoins get BTFO?

How are you investing negative $58k?

How?

you dare question my davie504 reference

Attached: 08.jpg (980x1000, 399K)

I don’t know, I like my boy Ned’s take on tilities. I think it’s the only sector they’ve got in overweight.

I’m not getting the sense that we’re due for a curve reversion, Powell is being cautious and so much of the financial news is dwelling on all the spooky factors, not the upside surprises.

Attached: 1B69CE36-B786-49DB-ACC2-9597857C2A12.jpg (974x961, 450K)

Hope you guys picked up calls for ENPH! Nice little dip on Friday I loaded up more oct 30’s and need 35’s for nov next but with the recent news I might be too late to get them cheap. Oh well! Cloudflare is looking more bullish than any other recently released IPO so I’m excited to see where the next move up (or down) takes me. Next play coming soon...

Attached: F7A1CF7F-CCEC-4545-ADA6-D19F6521F601.jpg (1120x640, 224K)

I've been putting money into VPU but it stinks now that i have more money to invest its already pricey

Anyone has google drive links for books recommended by OP? Especially interested in the intelligent investor

I'd guess there may be tax benefits. I know my 401k funds aren't taxed till I pull them out. But having more than one source of income down the road is never a bad thing.

gen.lib.rus.ec is your fren

Probably fucked up writing options. Figured you shouldn't be able to lose that much on Robinhood due to credit requirements but maybe I'm wrong.

Buy MSFT

Why the hell does RH allow you to go red? Or am I misinterpreting this?

>Howdy Modi
Is this for real? Trump's campaign is usually pretty good at marketing and creating catchy names. but a Howdy Doody reference in 2019 wouldn't be my choice.

Some ZoomTuber?
Are you learning to play the bass or something?

>literally paid shill

It’s a trillion dollar company, how much can i even make off this fuck? If it goes up 10% that’s a hundred billion, how the fuck is that happening? If i was a billionaire id buy msft but wtf is the point now? Maybe if i was retired and wanted a safe divvy...

Are dividend stocks a meme? I look at these payouts compared to share price and they seem too slow compared to growth stocks. Is there something I'm missing? A matter of perspective?

What about the flat line growth of their gaming division?

>they will no longer release xbox live member numbers

I'm developing a new strat. I'm sick of bagholding and worrying that the crash is going to wreck my portfolio. I don't want to wait on the sidelines for the crash because who knows how long that will be. I'm looking for trades where a short position looks profitable. If the market does tank, then the trade will be even better. Anyone doing this already or notice any short opportunities?

Right now there isn't data to support a major economic crash, but buy protective options if you are scared.

Right now I'm throwing down as much cash as I can because I believe there are too many people like you out there that are scared. Made about $2000 doing this the past month.

They're a meme if your overall capital is less than like a million. Even then, that's like the MINIMUM you would need for dividends to even be somewhat viable. Don't listen to the dividend posters. They're delusional. If you aren't gambling on options you're never going to make it.
>inb4 5 replies from "dividend aristocrat investors" with 2k portfolios

futures popping up

we're looking at a green monday boys

Attached: chrome_T1ankOncBq.png (1522x861, 79K)

I personally wouldn't buy a dividend stock unless it was beaten down or part of a growth strategy. For example if the S&P 500 goes up on average 8%, then add in 2% dividends and it isn't a bad return.

Of course like anything else it depends on your strategy. I think of the S&P as your safe bet, meanwhile at least 10% of your portfolio should be speculative.

Your forgetting that Time + Drip is the key for Divvy income. Ex: 240 T-babies now without buying more shares equals 30,000.00 in 26 years. If you wait till a major shat happens (like last winter) then your basically assured of not losing money unless the company itself goes into the shat.

Note that 30k is assuming you don't buy more shares over 26 years. The payout would go up if you say dumped 1000 more each year into it and/or started when you were 18 - 20.

Hell Time + drip is the key really for any investment over the long haul unless its like a quick growth play or some shit.

Congrats to baggie and myself.

There is utility value in having cash flow without the sale of the underlying asset, such as funneling money into real estate or trading options. More importantly, if you are holding dividend aristocrats that cash flow is fairly dependable even through a recession.

Im also looking for this but wanting to add some calls to this to really capitalize
Is QYLD safe to stash cash for recession, theoretically it should be worth about the same even if the market tanked, right?

I think a reit or other dividend stock makes sense in a tax advantaged account so you can reinvest the dividend

With QYLD you can get 1% a month, grow will beat inflation too

Consider: 100 T-babies + $100 dumped into it each month at $38 per share would be $34,000.00 after 30 years. If the share price falls well, that's even more shares for you which is more income down the road. At 32 a share your payout jumps to 62,500.00. Also there is Divvy hikes. So yeah.

S&P 3000!!!!!
(again)
Get your hats out!!!!
(again)

Glad i grabbed tqqq before bell

>trump is finna go to war with Iran
I'm not sure how I feel about the tvix I held so as not to make another daytrade.

Could be $60 I'll never see again. I might just let it ride since it loves to spike when we least expect it.

At 500 shares starting + $100 each month + 30 years w/share price of 38 per you'd have almost 100,000.00. The cost to buy those 500 shares? only $19,000.00 @ 38 per. Again share price falls your looking at more income. But fuck man 100k is pretty good unless your in deep debt or some shit.

I like trump a lot desu. I watch him pretty closely cause interested and now gamble on him. Media really is retarded as fuck. Dude will never take use to war. I would bet A LOT or money on that. If jew could get him to war for them he would have already

Trump wants to be remembered as a supreme negotiator and deal maker. War is the ultimate failure of the deal making process, Trump will avoid it at all costs.

I just meant we're deploying troops, and things are heating up. Rebels saying to prepare for another Iranian strike.

My media of choice has been saying trump doesn't want war, and is being made to look weak by continually doing nothing since iran took out our drone a while back.

But lets say you pulled it off, say you bagged 1000 shares out the gate. Your income after 30 yrs would be 172,000.00. This again is going by the 38 per share price + $100 more each month.

Note this is on top of whatever other income you got.

Why do people say ROKU is BROKU? I read their 10Q and it looks like they are doing alright. They may have lost a bit of value, with higher debt but they increased their cash by almost 2.5X

But fuck it, let's up the ante. Say some family member kicked and left you a pile. Say you bought 5000 shares @ 38 per. And you did not buy anymore shares, you just let Drip work. After 30 years you'd have 767,155.00.

Nothing like trump has always done in the middle east so far. Call me when we war, not send a bunch of kids to an airbase to fuck underage boys

she has some fantastic knockers. is she single???

>I read their 10Q
Trust the 10k, not the 10q.

>Say you bought 5000 shares @ 38 per. And you did not buy anymore shares, you just let Drip work. After 30 years you'd have 767,155.00.

That is horrible and less than 5% a year.

Attached: Capture.png (488x285, 12K)

If the SPY gets rejected from 3k again, hold on to your butt cheeks.

ROKU calls Monday morning, the more I look into it the more I feel like it's a surefire bet

Naysayer here. I'd still wait until sentiment gets better. I'd watch RSI and MACD like a hawk

Which told do you use to do so? Your brokers? Any easily available tools for poorfag zoomers using Robinhood?

Hopefully the dude weed gets a bounce. A higher low setup on the whole sector would be nice.

Attached: 321d37dcfc007b5e093bd4944002ff25.jpg (736x1039, 60K)

Look at this investment of mine from 2015.

I bought some Exxon Mobile and in less than 2 days after buying it Warren 'fucking' Buffet exited the stock. Fucker exit scammed me. So I had to wait, and COLLECT DIVIDENDS.

Eventually because I didn't panic I made a 7% return. This is how to play dividend stocks. Try to buy something where you think the price is going up and if you fuck up just hold on collect dividends and wait.

Attached: Capture.png (898x665, 34K)

Well tell me when I get to buy back in to the tobacco dividend kings, the pain doesn’t look like it’s going to end anytime soon.

>Which told do you use to do so?
wut

>Any easily available tools for poorfag zoomers using Robinhood?
Think or swim is easily the best for poorfagging it up. I use it for keeping up with the live ask/bid prices and you can add studies and all sorts of nifty things like bollinger(?) bands, RSI, MACD, and Volume. you have to make an account which is the only downside, but you don't have to put any funds on it.
I used to have TOS up on my comp, and use RH for making trades before RH had a web service

Attached: 65a.jpg (422x314, 17K)

>buy back in to the tobacco dividend kings
What one? MO?

Probably MO or PM, I don't know if there are others that have been in the game long enough to be royalty/pseudoroyalty

Attached: pic related.png (1931x1009, 256K)

MO invested in juul.
PM just raised their dividend and has the higher market cap, so the better investment if they merge.

>memedicators
cute

This is what I used to use years ago. I just recently came back to trading. What do you use for trading?

true true... CRON is seeming like a good choice though.

I wonder if PM is going to just let MO keep plummeting so they can buy out at a real nice price.

Tradingview. They even have a slick mobile app that works half the time

>I wonder if PM is going to just let MO keep plummeting so they can buy out at a real nice price.

Wouldn't you?

If I'm just looking for a screener which one do you think has the easiest learning curve? I've been messing around with finscreener and finviz but I honestly dont look at 99% of the shit the display

Yes, that’s why I’m not HODLing. Though the DRiP opportunity is looking nice, I highly doubt they’ll go out of business. But this vape nonsense could draw out for years.

>I wonder if PM is going to just let MO keep plummeting so they can buy out at a real nice price.
Most likely.. i don't see any rush for people to start buying MO.. it has a 76billion market cap with ateleast 13billion in loans +interest JUST for it's juul investment.. then to top it off there is so much negative news surrounding e-cigs..

MO is going to $30....

Been thinking about shorting. Never shorted before though...
I usually try to stick with calls

as in actually short it or buying puts? theres a difference

The thought of buying it after a multiple contraction severe enough to get it to $30, and that the yield would be >11%... that’s kind of hot, in a money boner way.