/dfg/ DeFi & Open Finance General - Join Discord already Edtion

What the fuck is DeFi and Open finance?

> defipulse.com/blog/what-is-defi
> defiprime.com/ethereum

Previous threads: , , ,
Discord: exFZe6m (some ongoing discussions about DeFi)

Projects & Links:

> defisaver.com/
> synthetix.io/
> tokensets.com/
> nuo.network/
> defiprime.com/product/fulcrum
> dydx.exchange/
> compound.finance/
> makerdao.com/

> stateofthedapps.com/dapps/imtoken-tokenlon
> blog.ethfinex.com/introducing-deversifi
> kyber.devpost.com/details/resources
> devpost.com/software/synful-futures
> medium.com/uma-project
> daxia.us

Loan, Lending & Borrowing info:

> loanscan.io/
> atomicloans.io
> 1lend.io

A ton of info on the topic:

> defiprime.com/

Projects listed by capitalization:

> defipulse.com/

Open Finance bot:

> hummingbot.io/

Social:

#defi:matrix.org

Articles / blog posts:

> nasdaq.com/articles/a16z-puts-15-million-behind-stablecoin-platform-makerdao-2018-09-24
> coindesk.com/coinbase-pumps-2-million-usdc-into-compound-dydx-defi-protocols
> medium.com/bzxnetwork/introducing-torque-borrowing-made-simple-8eb494925d16
> twitter.com/MapleLeafCap/status/1144252401995661313
> medium.com/graphprotocol

Attached: dfg.png (884x1016, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptocult.co/2019/09/22/makerdao-founder-says-progpow-could-result-in-dai-collapse/
warosu.org/biz/thread/9104976#p9106756
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> cryptocult.co/2019/09/22/makerdao-founder-says-progpow-could-result-in-dai-collapse/

So, Dai and Maker may just have a problem coming up.

SWTH, IDEX, FYP, NEXO,
are my fav in defi right now

Whole board seems to be missing out on this train.

Bullish for Reserve

been adding liquidity to some markets in uniswap. I like how you can add any erc-20 token. there are some markets on there like Ampleforth that do not pop up immediately, you have to add the contract address to see it. bought some cDAI on there when its price was better than DAI and the market price for ETH and felt like gordon gekko... pretty cool how if you buy cDAI on there it just shows up in compound automatically. I have a feeling uniswap is going to become better and better as more people learn about it

i like uniswap too, can't wait for it to get easier to use

Great work keeping these alive brother

>Pyramid scheme build inside a pyramid scheme pretending not to be a pyramid scheme
The experience shows, if it is shilled on Jow Forums it is too late. Go bother 9gag

>9gag
these idiots with pyramid scam and ponzi scheme accusations are ruining this board. They never provide insight or details. No one gives a shit about your negative opinion unless its based in and backed up by facts.

Can you guys google pyramid scheme and charles ponzi before typing here

>too late

right..

I've been shilling this shit since last year. And I was quite persistent with it. It's just now that you fuckers are starting to pay attention; or well, at least a few lucky ones. DeFi hasn't even breached the mainstream circles within Crypto yet. Good luck with your future riches to those who understand the value proposition here.

warosu.org/biz/thread/9104976#p9106756

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-23 22-24-31.png (698x300, 59K)

Attached: lend and borrow.png (1148x771, 408K)

holy fuck
what scam is that?

i knew you were a pajeet, fud the money makers for a moonshot at the next best shitcoin with millions in advertising behind it. Youre the sucker and your wallet is lighter for it

waruso is up yay

nuo, but all the teams, that have the balls to show their face, look all similar. Pajeets, chink, Eastern Europeans or different combinations, couldn't find a single white team. I wouldn't send a single Token to any of the websites listed in OP

RSR and MKR look pretty white

How do I make money on this?

compound.finance

passive income on your DAI (like 5-10% a year)

Good luck finding stupid cat ladies
But I will not touch anything that states shit like this openly with a ten foot pole

Attached: Protocol for tokenized margin trading and lending.png (1426x216, 23K)

invest in them and get out before they collapse
these projects have moved on from creating a random coin from wasting electricity

now they run on a blockchain that wastes electricity, then you take that coin and give it to them, then their decentralized smart contract (aka the devs) gives you in return another token which is apparently worth $1 which is backed by the coin you gave them
then you gamble with it without fear of ever needing to pay it back

you legitimately base or investments mostly on race? I'm looking at etherscans, finding out inflation rates, allocation to team and marketing, doing fundamental research, that does include where the business and employees are based but it's a minor factor comparatively.

Just get out of here and let the big boys talk $

Attached: meatgrinderbrainlet.jpg (680x418, 35K)

name one project that succeeded that had pajeets/chinks/eastern europeans running it

Check out defiprime and get familiar with the concept of decentralised finance in general. It's an entire sub category in finance. Shit is quite opaque at the moment, but trust me when you get the picture of what's forming here..... You'll get it.. Time for sleep I'll write a slightly less cryptic description in tomorrow's general.

Isn't Trezor eastern European?

>You are base your investments mostly on race
Not only but including. And I will not trust a band of pajeets to use my funds for the promise of some percents of interests to provide liquidity, when the option exist that I just lose it all do to a third party attack, like it happened against DAO in November.

The defi space stinks like Delhi atm. Also relying on an price "averages" from exchanges, top kek, no thanks

>The defi space stinks like Delhi atm. Also relying on an price "averages" from exchanges, top kek, no thanks

Well.. Swaps and oracle's. It should be pretty clear why they follow average prices rather than setting their own market.

NEO, BNB, Waves, Switcheo love the tech on that exchange, even Vitalik was some russian kid when Eth did it's ico. I legit thought vitalik was living in russia the way some people talked shit here
you know ill make you look even dumber if I include businesses like euro/asian miners, exchanges, and crypto services. I only listed a couple coins off the top of my head

what the fuck is an oracle?

You must be new here

centralized fuckable oracles.
As long as that doesn't change, trading shitcoins on dex and cex is enough risk exposure, no need to add an additional layer of uncontrollable risks to this market trusting a bunch of for profit "platform" providers that rely on another bunch of for profit "platform "providers". As said, pyramid scheme in a pyramid scheme pretending not to be a pyramid scheme.

go on then

In computation terms, anything that provides data.

In DeFi terms, a distributed analog to an API.

Which token should I buy and why?

These threads are bullish for link

How do i profit off this, go all in eth?

did you forgot vitalik is russian?

>did you forgot
*forget

no user. defi is something that can and will exist in hundreds of nuanced forms on every crypto platform existing and coming. nothing special for eth and it's just shitcoin bingo all over again trying to pick which defi ponzi will succeed.

it's only ever going to exist on ethereum.
It needs a pool of valuable tokens (esp. stablecoins) with many holders, the ability to trade these tokens with others, for tokens holders to use the dapp and for others to borrow from it.
This is a multifaceted network effect, as you need several moving parts at once. Currently even if you go individually by each part, it only exists on ethereum.

checked and based. all other coins are a meme

Attached: 0_8UK0m_p-yEkEI4MI.jpg (700x700, 64K)

This user gets it. Look at all the DeFi options. Even if they don't show their faces, you can smell curry or borcht. Wanna know how I know? The lending rates. They lend against your stablecoin deposits at 24% interest, compounded either every day or every block. This is nigger-tier, loanshark levels of interest. But decentralizing it makes it good, mmkay? The only way you can get your high interest of your deposited shekels is because some poor sod is paying triple that. "Not my problem," you say. You're next. As soon as things are economically unviable (read; when the VC money runs out, or if liquidations can't cover collateral) your deposits get negative interest. It's already happened to people on Nuo.

All that said, I'm pro-DeFi. But it's still in it's infancy, and risky af.