God's not rea-

How can you be so blind to the self-evident nature of a creator?

Attached: grass cells.jpg (1024x661, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8kjm5
youtu.be/8_OC2t7mIWE
youtu.be/Q8DDIe_2cHM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan
readingtheology.com/the-king-and-the-maiden-by-søren-kierkegaard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pareidolia is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists. Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations.

Attached: eyes in the spides.jpg (286x187, 10K)

That doesn't explain why it exists though. You take for granted that this XYZt time space volume we navigate should exist for some reason.. That atoms just happen to be there...

To think you are this blinded by pride...

Attached: 2464566.jpg (1024x917, 99K)

>pareidolia
>how can you deny Gaaad?
Fucking yahoo

Sounds like you want philosophers to argue with, not actual scientists. I'll let you go.

Because niggas don't use their brains

streamable.com/8kjm5

Attached: 15_9.jpg (716x352, 80K)

How exactly is it self-evident? Where is the empirical proof?

It may be a creator but it's more prone to be a very complex concept or being not an old white man with a beard in the clouds.

>something exists and i can't explain why. That is irrefutable proof it's this god guy who happens to have all the believes I personally have that was drilled into my head at birth by my parents.
being retarded must certainly be an interesting ride

>Only people taught it at birth are religious
user I-...

49% of the population have a below average IQ. That explains the stragglers. *tips and disappears in a cloud of smoke*

>perceiving a pattern which doesn’t exist

Kikery is the phenomenon of being a kike.

>Not understanding averages
user I-...

youtu.be/8_OC2t7mIWE When that faggot in your class starts preaching about some fucking evolution screech youtu.be/Q8DDIe_2cHM

This
I say it all the time, people who think a bearded guy who turns people to salt, tells people to sacrafice their kids but jk i was testing you, only focuses on 7% of the worlds geography in his religious text and chooses the jews as his people, also created the known galaxies are unironically retarted.

>says im wrong
>doesnt prove it
another thing I wont believe

140 IQ here and I came to faith in God after 20+ years of unbelief. This guy is allegedly the smartest man in the USA and believes in God. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan

>muh jebus is real cuz of autistic assumptions about stuff that possibly resembles my definition of intellegent design
Gods above you people are thee most retarded people to walk the earth right behind muslims and kikes

which god do you believe in?

Creator? Probably. Metaphysical being? I'll bite. LAWD JEEZUS AND HISS DEDDY CAPITAL G GOD? No way.

>old white man in the clouds

Who ever suggested that god was physical in nature?

Scientists are as qualified to weigh in on the metaphysical mysteries as a soldier is qualified to be a physician.

The Holy Trinity

>Claims he's right
>Doesn't prove it
user I-...

>it’s this god guy

You understand nothing

And an average iq is subpar

>inb4 hurr durr you're claiming to be right
No I'm not, I'm just saying no one knows but you're retarded enough to claim you're "more right" than everyone else

146 IQ here, I was raised in an extremely spiritual household, but as I got older and gathered more knowledge I lost faith. My theory on high IQ people who believe (my father is one of them) is that they encounter a string of coincidences or a traumatic/surreal event that they were unable to rationalize, hence they believe. What turned you to christ?

>believing in coincidences
>140 iq

I have news for you.

>How can you be so blind to the self-evident nature of a creator?
>self-evident

Attached: 9876tr.gif (220x169, 1.08M)

>things just happen to be there
Yeah god just happens to be there
Tell me how is god there and I will tell you how these atoms were there

If the scope is great enough, even the most rational people can question whether or not the string is woven by a higher power, especially if they are emotionally invested.

God was an alien teenager!
We are nothing more than a school science project!

Burden of proof fallacy. Until then, i remain unconvinced.

DUDE
AYY
LMAO

Actual scientists would not argue with him, only pseudo-intellectuals like yourself would. An actual scientist is far too busy studying Gods great creation and looking for God, to bother with your emotionally based ignorant drivel of an argument.

Even if you could prove conclusively (and you CAN'T) that there really is a creator, that still doesn't mean that whatever it was dictated its autobiography to a bunch of bronze age sheepherders in the middle east that he made his "chosen people" for some unfathomable reason.

Non sequiturs are the cornerstone of xian faith.

Emojis?

There's no proof that He doesn't exist either.

daily reminder that Jow Forums is a christian board
tip your fedoras elsewhere, faggots

Attached: 1480742038701.jpg (425x516, 135K)

And who created the creator?
And who created the creator of the creator?
And who created the creator of the creator of the creator?

Metahpysichs doesn't prove a god. It just proves that a god could exist

to "belive" is a bad word fot the topic
God is a fact

It's scientific name is "quantum field of all posibilities". For example.

Attached: 10628388.jpg (640x610, 49K)

Attached: IMG_1336.jpg (600x600, 117K)

Believing in God is perfectly fine.

There's this simple truth: at some point in time matter and energy just happened out of nowhere. And that is something that can't happen in nature.

Everyone can address the issue however they like: there might or might not be an invisible man living in the sky, but blindly believing that there's no God is just as bad as blindly believing that there's one.

Just don't push your own beliefs or your lack of them down my throat and we'll be fine.

>the universe, bound by time and space, can meme itself into existence with nothing preceding it
>a transcendental god, not bound by time or space, must have been created by something that preceded it
>behold the power of atheist logic

Attached: 1499399789246.jpg (395x701, 113K)

>the concept of a baseball exists
>oh yeah prove it!
>here!
>this is just an arbitrary arrangement of atoms, projecting human meaning onto it is unscientific, nothing exists but chaos and you're a crazy religious nut for thinking otherwise!

Maybe there is a creator of reality and of the fabric of the universe and the formative building blocks of that fabric. Where did our universe spring from? and why did it happen? No one has the answers to these questions, but we can continue to ask them.

However, if there is a force behind the creation of our universe, its certainly not an anthropomorphic being who cares one iota about human beings. There exists a parasitic fly that lays eggs in the eyes of human hosts. Who can argue for such a benevolent anthropomorphic being when nature is so cruel. Notwithstanding that, consider the millions of species on our planet who have lived and died before our own emergence.

I hope humans continue to grow to answer these questions and break down the building blocks of reality. I have a feeling it will take another 10,000 years to even get a small glimpse of these answers though.

It was kind of a gradual process. My own congenial skepticism led me to question my understanding of the world and to confront with the nature of death. I naively thought death simply as the absence of experience and imagined it as mere nothingness, kinda like a black blanket veiling my mind for eternity. But this cessation of perception doesn't touch what is perceived, but the subject who perceives, and something that radically nullifies or modifies our nature must indeed be something, have a substance. Death could be an end but it might as well be a passage, a voyage. This second hypothesis brought me at least to admit that there might possibly be a God. But the idea of death being something very real, with its own definite substantiality, also led me to examine the limitations and flaws of human thought in general. Thought always reduces its object to the laws and categories of the mind and envisions the world as a coherent totality whose parts must be amenable to a precise, solid kind of regularity. This is a constant trend in classical philosophy: Thales thought the water is the source of the universe, and everything ultimately is water, since everything derives from water; in Hegel this defining principle is reason. But none of the classical philophers has been able to explain death satisfactorily. Death is a taboo, always shunned as a mere nothing that doesn't concern really man - Epicurus is a great example. In fact, the root of the problem is that human thought struggles with paradox. We can't tolerate the paradox, our vision must be linear. But meditation on death finally prepared me to accept the Paradox!

With these grave ruminations in mind, I was able to face the Gospel. That story surely is incredible, isn't it? There we have this appalling tale that God, that infinite and omnipotent divinity who created all you see from nothing, the King of this universe who could wreck all empires throughout history just by virtue of his unfettered will, loved man, his minuscule and miserable creature who dishonored Him in every imaginable way, so much that he desired to show Himself to man under man's own flesh, not only that, he decided to SERVE His creation, to endure the misery of human life and eventually to suffer death by their sinful hand. Of course He could have just avoided getting killed if He wanted, He could have smashed those unbelievers and show His eternal glory to everyone, but He didn't. What kind of unfathomable love is that? So, long story short, I decided to worship Christ. Not the God who works wonders and defies magicians, but this absurd God who loved man so madly that he renounced His own divinity and experience time. Credo quia ineptus est.

>its certainly not an anthropomorphic being who cares one iota about human beings. There exists a parasitic fly that lays eggs in the eyes of human hosts. Who can argue for such a benevolent anthropomorphic being when nature is so cruel. Notwithstanding that, consider the millions of species on our planet who have lived and died before our own emergence.
Those are conjectures cyprusbro. Your just projecting what your opinions are about a Creator but you don't rationalize what your claims. "Evil" or "cruelty" don't undermine the existence of a Creator nor His nature and behavior about us.
You see the pixel but God see the image. You just don't know if that fly brings any good. God knows best.

Death is real.Your body and brain will cease to exist. You will be worm food unless cremated. Countless people have died before you and you and I will eventually be among them too.

In view of this, we should probably stop shitposting on here and strive to be the best versions of ourselves and do everything we can to enrich the lives of those we love and care about.

a-kek-men.

That's what I said. Death is very real. But we lack the intellectual instruments to understand its essence. We can only say it is something which makes a nothing out of your current self which understands himself through time. Nothing more.

This is true, I am projecting my perception, based on logic and what I can test.

Im sure a parasitic fly laying eggs into the eye's of an orphaned starving child in Sudan is not part of a benevolent being's plan; no matter what polemical spin you place on it. We human's have a pretty good idea of what suffering is, and if you were a 'God' I'm sure you would not consider parasitic bugs living inside human host's eye to make them blind as part of your 'plan' either.

why the western trinity and not the indian trillionity? The millions gods fold into one some of them say after all, so why three and not more or just two.

Attached: mahishasuramardini_durga.jpg (380x650, 96K)

>based on logic and what I can test
I know it is difficult to accept it, but you're making logical fallacies cyprus bro.

>Im sure a parasitic fly laying eggs into the eye's of an orphaned starving child in Sudan is not part of a benevolent being's plan
No, you are not. You don't have the big picture. Only the creator can have it. Meditate on it.
Because with conjectures, you can make up anything, per example: "Yeah maybe after being blind the child received more attention and more food, huh". See? Conjectures aren't logical in any form.

I previously worshipped Jesus Christ, it is a part of our culture here, however his story of sacrifice for humnakind is one which predates his own historical existence -if he existed. In other words the story of Jesus is likely based on other older stories.

I think there probably was a young radical rabbi, causing some commotion, I dont think he performed miracles or magic. To think the universe needed a blood atonement is for 'sins' seems ridiculous too.

Horus's story predates Jesus notice the similarities
>Was conceived by a virgin mother named Meri, and had a stepfather named Seb (Joseph)
>Was born in a cave, his birth announced by an angel, heralded by a star and attended by shepherds
>Attended a special rite of passage at the age of twelve and there is no data on the child from the age of 12 to 30
>Was baptized in a river at the age of 30, and his baptizer was later beheaded
>Had 12 disciples
>Performed miracles, exorcized demons, raised someone from the dead, walked on water
>Was called “Iusa”, the “ever-becoming son” and the “Holy Child”
>Delivered a “Sermon on the Mount”, and his followers recounted his sayings
>Was transfigured on the Mount
>Was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a tomb, and was resurrected
>Called “Way”, “the Truth the Light”, “Messiah”, “God’s Anointed Son”, “Son of Man”, “Good Shepherd”, “Lamb of >God”, “Word made flesh”, “Word of Truth”, “the KRST” or “Anointed One”
>Was “the Fisher” and was associated with the Fish, Lamb and Lion.
>Came to fulfill the Law, and was supposed to reign one thousand years

I accept that my understanding is imperfect -as should you.I accept that I dont have the bigger picture -neither do you.

>It just proves that a god could exist

Lol, that is something anyone can prove by simply existing.

>There's this simple truth: at some point in time matter and energy just happened out of nowhere.

Not a truth, but a glorified opinion. Experience of spacetime is a product of threedimensional existence. If your premise is that something has to pop into existence before it can exist, you are just making a wild guess.

I might have misunderstood you but..
>the subject who perceives
How would you rule out the objections of the absolute materialists that the subject who perveives so does like a very advanced automaton and getting reshuffled into a state of nonperception by something does not mean that that something must be anything other then material too.
But well, that does not rule god out completely and hard atheists are rare, rightfully labeled being faithful in their conviction too.

>What kind of unfathomable love is that?
Maybe curiosity?
I liked the "the creator created to perceive himself" angle some people use.

That does not explain why you believe in the trinity. There are unitarian and arian christians too afterall. You went by the rule of the majority or got thoughts about these too?

As a sidenote to pic related, you forget the unique feature of Christianity, a religion which confronts us with the absurd notion of the only, all-encompassing divinity taking the form of a single individual. You definitely don't find this anywhere else.

Attached: jesus-vs-horus-deb.jpg (800x501, 159K)

>Horus
Isnt that pretty much made up by the zeitgeist faggots?

>Death is real.
>Your body and brain will cease to exist

Doesn't sound that real, chump. Your death is only real to other people. You will never get to experience being dead.

i can't prove or disprove god, upon working this out i stopped careing about the whole debate, there's no real point to it. atheism whoever doesn't pass itself to future generations too well, so maybe humans need relegion.

>bad things happen, therefore God doesn't exist
Tell me about this perfect world that you hold up as the metric by which you judge God? You've created this idea in you head of how things should be, but this world that exists only in your head must not have things like heavy objects or germs - either that or you wish to be an automaton, blissfully determinate and completely unaccountable for your sins and pride.

>How would you rule out the objections of the absolute materialists etc
You mean, how do I infer from perceptions that a subject must exist? Kant's transcendental deduction is a good argument imho

>I liked the "the creator created to perceive himself" angle some people use.
I don't know, that kinda implies that God created the world as a way to fulfill a lack but that's simply unacceptable.
Read this great parable by Kierkegaard. readingtheology.com/the-king-and-the-maiden-by-søren-kierkegaard

>bad things happen, therefore God doesn't exist

this is a strawman representation of my argument.

I think a more eloquent point is, bad things happen therefore God isnt benevolent. If you have children would you let your child die of a painful disease? Or would you do everything in your power to protect and provide for them at such tender age i.e. clothe, feed, educate and love them?

there is a creator but we still need to make first contact them

Sorry assuming we are children of God, implying it's a benevolent creator of course.

I am God, ask me anything

Attached: 1507076108069.jpg (710x823, 136K)

It's just a big fallacy of the single cause, like the substance doesn't exist because you know the dimensions of the container. It's the only thing you can measure, thus the only thing you're strong enough to purport to be true, because you yourself have been conditioned to persecute people who don't do the same. Not doing so gives you existential dread, as the possibility sets in that you just might not be your own god.

I think it is pretty interesting how God SPOKE things into being, but is unable to manifest into the human mind without being SPOKEN into manifestation.

>Who ever suggested that god was physical in nature?
What was Jesus if not a physical manifestation of God?

TFW THERE IS NO PATTERN

BUT THERE IS A PATTERN

How's Terry? Do you approve of the OS? When will he get another laptop?

Kind of clever and deceitful equivocation, demon. God isn't manifested in anyone's mind. The idea of Him is.

If this world is all we have then sure, letting your child die of a painful disease would be awful because the greatest good that could exist would be happiness and longevity in this life.

However, that's not what really any theist believes. There is an afterlife. One presumably worth any amount of suffering on this world to end up in the right part of.

Bad things happen for the greater good. You can't be a truly good and virtuous person without overcoming some adversity, else you are just sheltered and never tested.

Old russian saying, the same hammer that forges steel shatters glass. What're you made of.

So when we hear voices in the static, that's god? what if the voices are telling me to do bad things? What if they want me to hurt others I love?

Hypothetically of course.

Not so good. He has strayed from the path of righteousness. Though his OS is true and holy, he himself is a man of flaws and mistakes. Whether he gets another laptop is up to him, for he has free will.

Ideas are very real though. They are a bit like the wind. You may not see the air itself moving, but you can see and feel the effect it has on your surroundings. The idea of God has inspired people to build masterpieces and do a kaleidoscope of actions, painful and pleasant.

>use photoshop and dye to take a pretty picture of a phospholipid by layer
>use doctored photo as proof of a god

Seems legit

>things are real therefore god is real
wow genius

>Kant's transcendental deduction

Looking up Kants Transcendental deduction it looks like he made a difference between transcendent objects and other ones that could be deduced from perception. The transcended ones, such as god, infinity, or freedom of choice, were based on speculation as "regulatory ideas" a kind of tool to orient yourself but nothing certain.
Throwing his name around didnt help me here, you have to explain closer.

That metapher is nice.
>unacceptable
why tho, if god did not lack a complementary world then we would be made without purpose but to sate his boredom and he basically fell in love like Pygmalion the sculptor did who made a statue not because he needed but still fell in love with.

You have no idea what you are looking at. Some douche canoe in a lab took a picture and then added color using photoshop yo pull out stupid shit for normies to
Masterbate to

Read a ducking book. Tonthink TOU are this blinded by your own ignorance.

Dunning Kruger

>Bad things happen for the greater good.
Like thousands of children bursting into flames and dying horrible, gruesome deaths but pajama-makers refuse to start using flame-retardant materials until they're actually sued in court?

That makes a lot sense.

I am going to guess you are in that 49 percentile based upon your use of averages

I have a 141 IQ and I can tell you god is fake

Your move brainlet.

I am a scientist and that isn't what we do

Oh shit. You found god! Now what? What changes? Should we start praying it? Asking it for stuff? Convincing ourselves there is an afterlife? Believe a bunch of retarded stories stolen and rebooted by jews, just like they do in Hollywood? Kill people who don't believe? Where do we go from here?!!?!?!?

You don't even understand simple concepts like "muh big bang theory", why are you larping as an intelligent person?

So god worked in shitty pixel art into something just for me?

the real is answer is to start practicing the spiritual process so you reach unity with god gnosis/theosis also called enlightenment in the eastern faiths

So it's a pajama maker's responsibility to not catch your kid on fire? News flash, the clothes they wear during the day are pretty flammable too, because clothes in general are flammable.

What a weird example to use in this context. I mean there's countless tragedies and you go to something so off the wall and retarded.

>Muh McDonalds Covfefe burned me... they kept burning people until they were sued

>.>

user are you saying people cut god into pieces every time they mow their lawn?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

But what if I don't?

then you won't reach the kingdom of heaven, no one says you have to
but literally no one who ever reaches that point ever regrets it and would choose to do it again even if it took 10x the effort

no
god cut himself into pieces every time he mows himself
people are just god wearing a mask pretending to suffer and getting killed(as a joke)

Attached: 1511306104082.jpg (600x623, 193K)

open your eyes to the rules that govern your world.

>kingdom of heaven

Attached: tumblr_inline_mvfelx64xE1qmvs3s.gif (422x240, 718K)

I agree with your basic premise, but I think God actually does suffer in these subjective states. It's not pretend.