Get ready for 100-million person third-world megacities, say experts:

Would you live in one of these cities, Jow Forums? In the future, much of humanity will:

>The 1960 street map of Lagos, Nigeria, shows a small western-style coastal city surrounded by a few semi-rural African villages. Paved roads quickly turn to dirt, and fields to forest. There are few buildings over six floors high and not many cars.

>No one foresaw what happened next. In just two generations Lagos grew 100-fold, from under 200,000 people to nearly 20 million. Today one of the world’s 10 largest cities, it sprawls across nearly 1,000 sq km. Vastly wealthy in parts, it is largely chaotic and impoverished. Most residents live in informal settlements, or slums. The great majority are not connected to piped water or a sanitation system. The city’s streets are choked with traffic, its air is full of fumes, and its main dump covers 40 hectares and receives 10,000 metric tons of waste a day.

>But new research suggests that the changes Lagos has seen in the last 60 years may be nothing to what might take place in the next 60. If Nigeria’s population continues to grow and people move to cities at the same rate as now, Lagos could become the world’s largest metropolis, home to 85 or 100 million people. By 2100, it is projected to be home to more people than California or Britain today, and to stretch hundreds of miles – with enormous environmental effects.

theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/19/urban-explosion-kinshasa-el-alto-growth-mexico-city-bangalore-lagos

Attached: Buenos Aires Es Blanco.jpg (1920x1152, 1002K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI
bbc.com/news/world-22508439
theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/19/urban-explosion-kinshasa-el-alto-growth-mexico-city-bangalore-lagos
theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/21/people-pouring-dhaka-bursting-sewers-overpopulation-bangladesh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Kinshasa, DRC

>Population in 2015: c 12 million

>Projected in 2100: c 83 million

>Pierre Sass moved to Kinshasa in the 1990s. Like thousands of young men, he came looking for work, rented an overcrowded room from a “brother” on the edge of the city and, four years later, bought his own plot of land. Today, the edge of the city is 3 miles (five kilometres) away and he has built his own two-room house for himself, his wife and three children. He has electricity but no water or drainage.

>Kinshasa had just 20,000 people in 1920. By 1940 it was home to about 450,000 people. Today it has possibly 12 million and is predicted to be Africa’s second largest city with 75 million people inside 50 years. By western standards it is a dysfunctional, sprawling megalopolis, ringed by vast shantytowns of informal settlements, their infrastructure nonexistent or collapsing.

>“When you go to there today you see disarray and congestion,” says Somik Lall, the World Bank’s lead economist for Africa. “Yes, it will be one of the biggest cities in Africa by 2050, but I do not think it is the model for future Africa, nor do I think it will have a population of 70 million.” He argues that Kinshasa’s current condition is not necessarily indicative of its future status. “There’s no way to say what cities will look like in 2100. Seoul in 1980 could never have predicted how it is today. It was grimy, dirty, industrial city. Africa has a young labour force. Places like Kinshasa are some of the most dynamic places in the world.”

>By 2100, about 40% of all humans and nearly half of all children in the world will be African – one of the fastest and most radical demographic changes in history.

Attached: 1522714269747[1].jpg (1920x1152, 428K)

This is why it's so important to strip whites of exclusive political representation through immigration. Elite are always thinking 50 years ahead

>Researchers predict what the future will look like - and it's beautiful...

Attached: 1522714062877[1].jpg (1920x1152, 452K)

Start learning mandarin, hindi, spanish or english

>Would you live in one of these cities?
100 million niggers? No thanks.

>or english
I'm going to stick to that.

>Would you live in one of these cities, Jow Forums?
Not a chance

Attached: Americanflags.jpg (3008x2000, 1.12M)

Population "predictions" are about as much horseshit as predicting the weather beyond a few days at most.

Almost all arable land is already being farmed, and there is only so much we can do to increase food production. At some point, we can start using more marginal land, but that increases the price of the food, which prices out the sort of subhumans making these shantytowns. This doesn't even touch on the reality that industrial farming (which is what has allowed us to go beyond the earth's natural carrying capacity of ~1billion) is energy intensive, and not sustainable once oil starts to run out.

TLDR: These "megacities" will never come to pass, we'll hit a malthusian collapse long before then.

Enjoy the ride.

Isn't it really stupid to project growth like this when those things are never linear? Remember how we should be under water by now if those "scientists" made reliable predictions?

youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

its all so tiresome........

youre right that with niggers its not linear
its exponential
scientists faking alarming analysis to get more funding isnt really relevant here

>megacities
>posts picture of slum wasteland
that doesn't count as a megacity...

Attached: 1488262830965.jpg (658x662, 73K)

were gona start replacing all of our diets with insects
bbc.com/news/world-22508439

this is like watching some rabbit population breeding until they starve

It's ridiculous, those estimations are all shit. Afirca can only breed like rabbits because of all the 1st world food/aid they receive. Do you guys really believe Europe/USA will be able to keep pumping them full for the next 80 years? Either Europe will collapse and then Africa is fucked (because the chinks will fuck their shit up monumentally) or Europe will make a radical (by todays standards) turn and then Africa is probably fucked because why should we feed those damn niggers?

Good it'll be so much easier to decrease the African population that way. I'm not talking about nukes. A simple plague will suffice in such close quarters.

Attached: population-to-2050.gif (684x784, 612K)

we /cyberpunk/ now boys

People have been saying that for a while, but the Lagos region probably has at least 22 or 23 million people now, and growth remains rapid. There were predictions back in the 70's that everything would come crashing down by the early-90's when Lagos was getting closer to 10 million. A lot of Africa is fallow land. With Chinese industrial-scale farming, starvation probably won't be an issue for a long while.

Attached: Lagos.jpg (1920x981, 438K)

NIGGERS MUST BE GENOCIDED FOR THE GREATER GOOD

what's the point of living like this?

I like how this faggot pops out of the woodwork occasionally, and suggests that it would be a BAD thing for nature to help us with overpopulation. Instead of spending his billions on helping actual humans reach the stars, he makes the problem worse by helping 3rd worlders breed out of control.

When the world population hits records numbers massive diseases will break out.

They might eventually figure out they can enslave the lower classes and make them run farms, like the american plantations.

>Almost all arable land is already being farmed
Actually africa has huge land masses that are not being used- or just being used with primitive methods
Afrcia is huge and still got potential. what you say is true for europe though, and also to majority of USA

that actually looks nice and organized compared to other slums. Very little trash, and neatly stacked firewood.

The problem is that niggers can't do shit without any supervisor. In 20 years or so you won't even need them since robots will do that, and then it's only on how to dispose them so you don't have to feed them.

I'll go to a megacity if I get to be judge Dredd. Just don't ask for the population to keep climbing.

I only have one question. Who provides these people with food in such a city?

If warming continues much of Russia would become farmable as well.

This is part of the elites culling plan. Make highly lethal viruses, release them via a terrorist proxy in these mega cities so the humanimals population is brought into check. They won't make the virus impossible to survive, just expensive too, to ensure it destroys only the lowest classes but leaves a sizable slave and middle drone class to work for them. It doesn't need to fix the population problem, just slow it down, by them some time so they can get into space and be free of the issue entirely. Then they will leave earth behind to drown in brown babies.

It just seems so terrible, doesn't it? There's plenty of open land in Nigeria. Why emigrate to a shantytown like that?

Sure, if all of the native population was sterilized, it would be a literal paradise. South Africa and Rhodesia has already proved how bountiful Africa is, when tended by humans. They also proved how hilariously incompetent the natives are, and how they'll always be parasites. Even if you can convince humans to live among them, and farm the land (dealing with the outrageous crime rates that is always present where they are), their birth rates far exceed the productive races. Even a simple thought experiment of "what happens when there is literally no more room for shanty town expansions, without fucking up farmland". Do you think you'll be able to convince them to stop having children?

When have niggers ever ran successful farms?

Yeah until we stop sending them free money and food. When the foreign aid gibs stop, 70% of Africans will starve.

That would depend on external factors. Maybe the chinese will go and enslave them, maybe europe will get its shit together and take it over and use robots.

If it's africans I still think slavery is likely. It would probably be common if the UN didn't exist.

Until one thing moves to any of these cities.
Ebolachan

>changing the topic

Most geopolitical strategist are forecasting that we top out around 8 and 1/2 to 9 billion. This is because of that coming breakdown of the international liberal trade order which allows for the free and unfettered distribution of goods and services. The result is going to be feminine across Asia and Africa.

We got so much land that I believe in my lifetime there will still be places where no one lives and where I can live in solitude which is a balm for the soul.

Attached: file.png (540x563, 348K)

>t. Malthus

After The Singularity there is no point in even predicting and that is 15-20 years out.
Successful Net energy from Fusion reactors or successful harnessing of Methane Hydrate will be a game changer that tells malthus to go fuck himself yet again.

Kek I was going to post him too. This nigger literally started the legal precedent for chattel slavery in the US.

>theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/19/urban-explosion-kinshasa-el-alto-growth-mexico-city-bangalore-lagos

When you see these pictures, don't you think "what is the point of life?"

The answer really has to be no point.

Impossible. Niggers build outward, they don't build upward. Building upward is exclusively the domain of white people.

How come black people never look at a pile of garbage like that and think "You know, we ought to do something about this?"

Hmmm something like HIV?

Didn't/ work, and you are right that there is a threat of a global supervirus, but it's not only going to affect the places you don't like kek.

Similar to that movie Elysium.

Hopefully we can count on nature to deal with this (e.g. an epidemic) before things get this bad.

Not even same continent.

What's the point the point of living any way?

This is just a concentrated example of how meaningless life is.

The result will be hundreds of millions of nigger """refugees""" flooding into white countries.

Yeah man!

Attached: Judge Dredd.gif (500x281, 166K)

That's forecast as well, but that outcome is determined entirely by the attitudes of acceptance in those white countries. Those refugees can in fact be intercepted and turned around if the Europeans have the will to do so. And it will be mostly Europeans because it's a long swim to North America.

>Muh Singularity.
I like how many people just take on faith that hard AI is a solvable problem, when we still have no clue what provides US with consciousness.

Same people who fall for the fusion power meme, which has been "15-20 years out" for 50+ years.

I see people talking about famines and disease but i get the feeling that civil unrest will bring these cities down because of a lack of institutions keeping all these people in line

Copenhagen looks good. Also, you should see the photos in the related article about people cleaning out sewers with their bare hands in Dhaka:

theguardian.com/cities/2018/mar/21/people-pouring-dhaka-bursting-sewers-overpopulation-bangladesh

>After decades cleaning the sewers of Dhaka, Bangladesh’s crowded capital, Sujon Lal Routh has seen plenty of misery. But the tragedy of 2008 was the worst. After a day of heavy rainfall left the streets flooded – as usual – seven workers were assigned to clear a blocked manhole in Rampura, in the centre of the city. Normally, cleaners cling to ropes to stop them getting sucked in by surging water when they clear blockages. But this group were new to the job. “They didn’t know about the impending danger or how to work in that situation,” says Sujon. “So, sewer water swallowed them.” ...

>On the sides of the roads, in the blinding rain, the ragtag army of sewer cleaners goes to work. Some poke bamboo sticks into the manholes. Others are plunged, half-naked, into the liquid filth and forced to scoop out the sludge with their bare hands. “The world’s worst job”, global media declared last year after pictures of the workers neck-deep in waste went viral.

Attached: Dhaka sewer.jpg (1920x1280, 512K)

You can't fit 100M in a city with that low of population density.

They would have to be density of at least Singapore.

Attached: final6.jpg (962x687, 160K)

Ghana is niggerland and pretty developed for Africa tbqhfamalamalam

Eventually people are just going to snap and start shooting them. Where is it written "White people must be perpetual caretakers and tax slaves for third world orcs who shit out 12 kids each and refuse to feed them"? If it comes down to my kids eating, or African kids eating, theirs starve, mine live.

Attached: the modern west.jpg (720x692, 49K)

Megacities full of consumers on basic income.

Attached: kowloon.jpg (1921x3132, 1.91M)

I don't give a fuck about third world countries full of brown people. Lmao
I'm moving somewhere cold where the shitskins literally die and living the rest of my life surrounded by trees, snow, water and other white people. This world is turning to shit, because shitskins will not stop breeding. So fuck them. I don't give a fuck what niggers do on their little nigger shit mounds and neither should you. Hopefully they all die off.

Attached: 172e3996f4472a2d82b6fe2b1eb4ca77.jpg (600x403, 73K)

1st world food aid actually makes them much worse off. Think about it, they are 3rd world nations, much of their economy is straight up farming and then we give free food destroying the market for anything they have.

By the time the political class in Europe start to feel the effects of unchecked brown immigration, they'll be so outnumbered that it won't matter. Any chance for Europe is going to come post collapse.

>Get ready for 100-million person third-world megacities

I've been ready for decades.

Attached: Megacity One.jpg (1024x686, 182K)

Can you imagine what African immigration to Europe will look like by 2050?

well they are based black guys I guess

That's why the kikes are pushing GMO, veganism, insect eating, (((lab grown meat))).

They know for a fact that there aren't going to be enough real foodstuffs to go around, even the lowest quality factory farmed chicken/beef will be in short supply. You can dumb down the goy all you want, but when people realize they can no longer afford to put meat on the table they will know something is deeply wrong. The alternatives listed above are trying to change attitudes before that realization occurs.

Judge Dredd will be reality within 15 years

it is when you just crawl around int he filth. why are they not trying to improve their living conditions`? its not like they have anything else to do. same with all those porch monkeys in the us.

It's like no one has ever heard of MegaRegions.

This is old news, and quite planned. You didn't REALLY think they were narrowing the streets to 'save money' did you? No, it's to prevent your egress once you give up your ability to drive (and you will).

Still make more money there than in a rural shack.

In pretty sure once it starts going into the tens of millions they'll be enough backlash to stop it

A city needs to be aesthetically beautiful, have proper planning, ease of transport, etc. These "megacities" are huge sprawling slums, rather than true cities.

>>Seoul in 1980 could never have predicted how it is today. It was grimy, dirty, industrial city.
>>It was

What? It still is.

Good, makes it easier to nuke them when someone competent gets in power.

Yeah, they have been doing it forever.

I think africa's problem is that individual africans are too stupid to run their own farms. If 1/50 of them are smart enough to run them, they can enslave the rest.

>implying that they won't starve and implode long before.

>Most geopolitical strategist are forecasting that we top out around 8 and 1/2 to 9 billion. This is because

That's because that's the old prediction before Africa bucked the trend and everyone who taught about the coming population plateau is scared shitless.

>The result is going to be feminine across Asia and Africa.

There will be famine, no doubt. But when the famines start the wars start. When the wars and famines are ongoing you'll see a mass migration the likes we have only heard about in history a few times before. It'll be a row of dominos sending countries into tailspin one after the other. Then they'll come for us.

Jews will still eat real meat. They want the rest of humanity eating grubs and recycled turds.

You make the mistake, and it's a common one, of assuming they're the same as us. They aren't human, they sort of kind of look like humans, and it causes our empathy to trigger.

That empathy helped us make functioning civilization, but now it is destroying it.

Then again these slum mega cities are going to be in Africa. There is nothing that says you can't build a real city to 100m people. There are a number of nice cities in Asia already with a metro of 30m+ people. Then again, the gooks would be most tolerant to such a mode of living.

Yep. That's why I'm not quite as frugal as I should be these days. If I make it to being an old gramps I want to be able to tell my kids I had the real deal of this or that thing. Yeah I had this fish before it was fished away, yeah I drove my own car/motorcycle, etc.

Imagine how much money YOU could make by investing in a highly automated factory and selling cheap garbage to those niggers in exchange for drugs and basically slave labor

Attached: C51oiU3UsAEHP77_orig.jpg (900x1440, 171K)

anyone who says "all the farm land is used" don't comprehend the option of fully automated skyscraper food producing buildings that farm, prepare, package, and ready for shipment enough food to feed a city and with multiple installments megacity. You're all literally just stupid engineers and fail to think and build creatively as well as functionally. There is a configuration of things with what we have to make this a reality. Could make it completely humane, kosher, halal, and taste good with the right tuning testing.

Attached: choking my chicken.jpg (261x195, 11K)

I just want to see a missle tear through there and explode in the center

I don’t mind this.
The only import Australia needs is fertiliser without it we’d starve.
If boat people come by the billions we’ll sink their boats and pull their bloated corpse from the sea to make blood and bone

Or rescue them and start prison farms feeding them sawdust and dirty water and using their waste until they die and then making blood and bone

Either way the fertiliser imports will keep coming

There's nothing inherently wrong with a well designed city. I'd probably enjoy living in a city that was as well maintained as some of the Japanese ones. Not having to drive, being able to walk to most of my destinations, but that's in a homogeneous society full of polite people.

Then you get the average american city that is infested with degenerate scum, and everything is poorly maintained because any tax dollars are being funneled into 'dem programs'.

>that pic
it's like living in a gigantic toilet

easy targets for nukes

God made Africa, it's beauties, riches and the black beasts in it for YOU, the white man to do with as you please, to exploit. Chinks are already doing it, the age of private colonialism has yet again come if you are smart

Attached: mao2.jpg (816x1944, 266K)

Right, because some starving nigger in Africa is going to be able to afford food made inside of a purpose built arcology.

Even assuming you had perfected the automation required, and got the building made for free (hint, it's not going to be constructed for free), there is simply no way that each calorie created in that isn't going to be outrageously expensive. JUST from an energy point of view. There is a reason that farmers don't make vertical farms.

why are we bombing sand niggers when instead we should just bomb this shithole instead, it would save so much of the planet its not even funny.

the elite want their slaves living in cockroach hotels, no freedom of choice whatsoever

More opportunities than subsistence farming, and if you're born there how could you know any different life?

George W Bush and PEPFAR are responsible too. AIDS might have kept the population at least somewhat in check

How? Literally how does this toilet not kill it's resident in mere minutes from the sheer volume of accumulated filth?

Hope a massive depopulation event (such as a nuclear war) saves us from this dystopian hell of a future.

Well demography is in fact a very useful measure and tool within the intermediate term of 20 to 30 years, but you're right that looking out to 2100 is impossible.