Foreign spies have apparently been intercepting cell-phone calls in D.C

apnews.com/d716aac4ad744b4cae3c6b13dce12d7e
archive.li/JqA1q
>For the first time, the U.S. government has publicly acknowledged the existence in Washington of what appear to be rogue devices that foreign spies and criminals could be using to track individual cellphones and intercept calls and messages.
>The use of what are known as cellphone-site simulators by foreign powers has long been a concern, but American intelligence and law enforcement agencies — which use such eavesdropping equipment themselves — have been silent on the issue until now.
>In a March 26 letter to Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden, the Department of Homeland Security acknowledged that last year it identified suspected unauthorized cell-site simulators in the nation’s capital. The agency said it had not determined the type of devices in use or who might have been operating them. Nor did it say how many it detected or where.
>The agency’s response, obtained by The Associated Press from Wyden’s office, suggests little has been done about such equipment, known popularly as Stingrays after a brand common among U.S. police departments. The Federal >Communications Commission, which regulates the nation’s airwaves, formed a task force on the subject four years ago, but it never produced a report and no longer meets regularly.
>The devices work by tricking mobile devices into locking onto them instead of legitimate cell towers, revealing the exact location of a particular cellphone. More sophisticated versions can eavesdrop on calls by forcing phones to step down to older, unencrypted 2G wireless technology. Some attempt to plant malware.
>They can cost anywhere from $1,000 to about $200,000. They are commonly the size of a briefcase; some are as small as a cellphone. They can be placed in a car next to a government building. The most powerful can be deployed in low-flying aircraft.

Attached: 1521002879224.png (1634x1392, 1.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

media.defcon.org/DEF CON 24/DEF CON 24 presentations/DEFCON-24-Eric-Escobar-Rogue-Cell-Towers.pdf
nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html
finance.yahoo.com/news/nsa-pilot-program-collected-us-184558717.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminds me of how on the day of Parkland there was an event at the NSA that got covered up. This might be the same.

bump

>government makes devices to intercept phone communications
>uses it to spy on our citizens for decades
>gives it to random city police stations
>police spy on whever the fuck they want for years and years
>nothings wrong here, move along civilain. OH and pick up that can
>...
>police and kike congressmen get spied on
>oy vey its anoda shoa our privacy goy theyre spying on all of us, we must do something
literally 0 fucks about this. Remember kikes, encryption is bad.. right?

They've been doing it to me for quite a while. A few different entities. Even now I have chinks trying to phish me over spoofed texts.

They deserve it

sounds about right

Honeslty spying needs to be democratized until we can watch zuckerburg taking a shit on his toilet.

Then maybe wed get some reasonable privacy laws and encryption.

Attached: 1495716076041.jpg (1000x791, 471K)

it is right, the thing is called a "stingray". Its been in wide circulation for over a decade now. By "wide circulation" I mean the cia literally just gave random police stations these things with the agreement "lol just dont abuse it k".

The way cell phones work is they connect to whatever tower is closest.
This thing is a tower that is the size of a briefcase and it just man in the middles the cell signals. All they have to do is parse the shit to find the source they want and listen or even alter the data all day and night and there is no way to tell its happening.

Yeah this was israel doing it though

Doesn't really matter anymore, CLOUD Act legalizes it, as long as they're a five eyes friend.

Wrong.

You're a kike shill paid here to dismiss this news as nothing.

literally this.

cell site simulators and most signals intelligence equipment is also manufactured from israel. apartheid states always get good at breaking up dissidents.

Amdocs my nigger. Israel doesn't need to spy because we literally pay them to monitor our telecom traffic.

Who gives a fuck anymore.
I hope all of the data gets leaked so that the officials that allowed spying on us will get a taste of what its like to have all of your private shit read and spread around for laughs.

Attached: 1521634161836.png (680x677, 409K)

It's Patriot Act that bypasses FISA. It's not wrong, read the law.

fucking lost at the picture slogan.

who are you shilling for? whos your master?

Yea I remember watching a Vice document about it a few years ago, I remembered thinking don't take it to the capital If I had any doggie texts.

You're a faggot boot licker
>oh no the people spying on me are being spied on whatever shall we do
who fucking cares. they deserve to be spied on.

It's Israel

Attached: 1509345911343.jpg (608x608, 59K)

>Put backdoors in our own phones
>give information about backdoors to jews
>jews use it to listen into politicians phones

OH NO
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN
IT'S ALMOST AS IF PUTTING INTENTIONAL BACKDOORS IN OUR DEVICES IS A RETARDED IDEA!

STINGRAY DEVICES ARE NOT BACKDOORS

yeah, they're crowbars

Attached: 1518697334502.jpg (698x710, 313K)

You really should go back to cripplechan. It's more your pace.

Attached: 1506800358349.jpg (800x800, 353K)

we have any 35N in the thread? 35M here

theyre man in the middle devices, they just trick your phone into to connecting to it dumbass. there is no type of cracking or anything involved.

>Force new phones to use age-old security flaw because law enforcement exploits it
>Not a backdoor
What would you call it?

This. I could care less if our politicians and executives are being spied on if they and their networks continue to abuse their overreach of spy on their own citizens. Fuck them, it's obvious they don't serve the interests of the people anymore. They only cater to the conglomerates and corporations. How does it feel to shit where you eat? This is only the beginning.

Which is a backdoor, by the way. Forcing a device to use an insecure method because it is a known vector for the "right people" is still cracking the device's security methods.

>they just trick your phone into to connecting to it
No it doesn't, that's what a wifi spoof does.

what did he mean by this?

>this much damage control
Stop being Jewish

What you're saying is akin to saying radio retroreflectors "trick" a device.

you a signals intelligence collector?

well fuck, it cant be a backdoor if its just using the phones entire functionality, its just in the handshake right?

Here’s a solution for anyone listening: make a device that masquerades as a random phone. It changes its profile by the minute so you can’t screen it out. Take said device and install it on towers. Allow said device to cycle through signal locks with all towers within vicinity. If a new “tower” is detected, send a notification to the FCC to inspect the triangulated position for a Stingray. Bonus points if you want to add a signal jammer on your device that targets the Stingray is on.

Attached: 2B93052C-F3E7-4504-9613-37E64C18850F.jpg (768x1024, 147K)

This is a wifi spoof for 3G. It makes your phone believe that it's a 2G device.
This was known literally back in the 00's as a security problem, but not fixed because Law Enforcement uses it. Thanks Patriot act.
What damage control? Stop being wrong.
This is literally because we've legislated that tech companies intentionally have to put backdoors in their shit for our three letter agencies and leave zero days open for years at a time.

Then we shit ourselves with "OH NO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN" when literally all computers/phones/tablets/tech devices everywhere, even being used by the three letter agencies, have backdoors in them

OH NO THE DEVICES WE MADE INSECURE HAVE BACKDOORS IN THEM HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN NOW OUR ENEMIES ARE USING THEM THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE THOSE AREO NLY FOR US

STOP USING THE SECURITY FLAWS THAT WE DICTATED SHOULD BE THERE

I hope it turns out half of these pricks have been storing CP on their phones and China spreads it all over the globe.

Attached: 1499537756388.gif (480x270, 3.73M)

Attached: 1492374523657.jpg (909x987, 360K)

idk what to call stingrays, but I wouldn't call it a back door. More like a mirror.

You forgot the part where
>traitors sell secret cell phone spy technology to the enemies of the USA
>probably was hillary
but yes, you are otherwise correct.

Assuming is mos

You should be mad at the jews for doing this because they're the pricks who decided to work with the three letter agencies.
Intel's Heartbleed problem was an NSA backdoor. AMD didn't have this problem because they're not based in Israel.

Attached: 1519808400580.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Why are you acting like this is a new issue, though?
You saw it play out for nearly 3 years, in real time.

This is literally a problem that's over fifteen years old.

>It's not a big deal goy, this happens all the time, ignore the breaking news from today

Attached: 1512019527203.jpg (640x572, 151K)

This has been happening for awhile now. It started with US agents getting rolled in foreign countries due to cell phone metadata.

>doggie texts

are you trying to type "dodgy"? lmao

rodger the dodger is now rogger the dogger hahaha

Attached: doggie.gif (231x144, 1.9M)

event that got covered up? it was fucking trannie muslims that crashed through the gate and then they said "it was a couple of kids who veered off the road and were scared so they crashed into the barricade" total fucking bullshit.

Looks like all you shills have the same talking points

Wrong. It was mossad just like you

It happened to Trump for 3 fucking years, and then he legalized the vector in the omnibus.

if its abusing a flaw thats been made to exist then i agree, its a backdoor. i dont doubt this, infact i believe it. cellbrite, narus and verint are all out of israel.

No, he didn't. This is a foreign government ILLEGALLY setting up Stingray devices. You're trying to brush it off as nothing because you're a kike shil;l

Attached: 1508758512808.gif (2000x1153, 365K)

I'm brushing it off as nothing because you're naive.

media.defcon.org/DEF CON 24/DEF CON 24 presentations/DEFCON-24-Eric-Escobar-Rogue-Cell-Towers.pdf

oh and sprinkle in the illiterate "yea" when you actually mean "yeaH" while you're at it. back to india pls punjab

"yea" is pronounced "yay". as in, "yea or nay?"
the slang for "yes" is "yeah". not "yea". they are not interchangeable and there is no excuse for such poor comprehension.

Attached: 1522165995267.png (309x513, 363K)

Attached: 1498655724906.jpg (1023x768, 376K)

im sorry faggot i meant to say "trannie-muslim kikes disguised as arabs"

Mossad tried to steal some shit and got BTFO when they tried to escape

Attached: 1521491405877.jpg (450x520, 97K)

sorry mate ill but the bong down

Attached: 1517610600177.jpg (840x1199, 132K)

nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html

wait, that's wrong. disregard, yea is technically biblical for yes. and that makes the posts funnier.

Attached: 1492680133863.jpg (671x436, 140K)

Attached: NSA_LOUDAUTO[1].jpg (800x1035, 197K)

and I am as white as they come mate, blonde blue eyes etcc.. Just hate being dyslexia

ISRAEL SET UP ILLEGAL STINGRAYS IN WASHINGTON DC. ISRAEL IS GOING TO BE WIPED OFF THE FUCKING MAP

Attached: 2477838.png (1434x1085, 874K)

finance.yahoo.com/news/nsa-pilot-program-collected-us-184558717.html

you monster. it's an innocent piece of (borosilicate) glass

Attached: 1522257503210.gif (339x249, 3.77M)

Attached: 1521161352610.png].png (613x470, 33K)

RMS was right as usual, what a surprise.

What exactly am I shilling by showing that this shit has been going on for years? We've been doing it to everyone and everyone has been doing it to us and we've gone out of our way to outsource spying on US citizens in exchange for our agencies spying on their citizens. Israel is notorious for having double agents within our intelligence networks and are known for conducting operations against the US.

This stuff is common knowledge and I link articles showing that and Im a shill?

bump

You act like I have a problem with that. They've abused us for decades with AIPAC.

They fucking killed JFK, sunk the USS Liberty and were responsible for 9/11. AIPAC is nothing.

bump

>Foreign spies have apparently been intercepting cell-phone calls in...
oh you mean how like that one time the US was caught spying on its allies in Europe

Attached: merrrrrrrrr-1.jpg (690x388, 62K)

Attached: 1472085982268.jpg (300x250, 14K)

bump

bump

Vassal =/= allly