YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO

Ok few days ago I saw the supervolcano thread which could go off and end all life. I thought it was a larp /x/ tier thread. I actually started reading about it and the threat does seem legit. I'm a bit freaked out right now, I think all these billionaires building safe havens in New Zealand of all places isn't to escape from some race/civil war, its to escape from that supervolcano. I'm now 100% sure of it.

But what the fuck are we supposed to do? What precautions can we take to escape/survive it?

Attached: 1522607262591.jpg (313x286, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5527451/Underwater-fountain-magma-beneath-Yellowstone.html
wgntv.com/2018/03/11/is-the-yellowstone-caldera-active-right-now/
express.co.uk/news/science/931022/yellowstone-volcano-warning-virus-super-volcano-eruption-scientists
news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/10/yellowstone-supervolcano-erupt-faster-thought-science/
express.co.uk/news/science/918315/Yellowstone-ERUPTION-volcano-Supervolcano-STRAIN-magma-chamber-pressure
theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/15/why-silicon-valley-billionaires-are-prepping-for-the-apocalypse-in-new-zealand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4 "t-they can just drill some pressure relief holes and it'll be okay"
Even the team investigating Yellowstone's current seismic condition admits that drilling pressure relief holes would take hundreds to thousands of years

its happening whether we fucking like it or not

Yes. I know. What the fuck man, how is this not getting bigger attention.

I'm looking for survival for me and my family right now. We live in East Coast.

source:
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5527451/Underwater-fountain-magma-beneath-Yellowstone.html

>Even besides the potential devastating risks, the plan to cool Yellowstone with drilling is not simple.
>Doing so would be an excruciatingly slow process that one happen at the rate of one metre a year, meaning it would take tens of thousands of years to cool it completely.
>And still, there wouldn't be a guarantee it would be successful for at least hundreds or possibly thousands of years.

>inb4 ">dailymail"

I live in browntown (southwest USA) so I think we'll be okay but I should still look into air filtration and water purification. Best I can recommend is check out Uruguay, if memory serves its the whitest country in Latin America per capita

people are starting to wake up to the Yellowstone pill. there's no avoiding that son of a bitch.

>tfw we finally get to see the happening in our lifetimes but it isnt the one we expected

Attached: 1505814876769.png (700x677, 711K)

Dumbasses it’s not gonna happen until after you die naturally.

Because it's Fake News.
>Minor earthquakes occur in the Yellowstone area 50 or more times per week, but a major eruption is not expected in the foreseeable future.
wgntv.com/2018/03/11/is-the-yellowstone-caldera-active-right-now/

This is what you should really care about
>these viruses could be “loaded” with medicinal cargos and unleashed inside the human body to target specific areas, such as cancer tumours.
>This could in effect make targeted drug treatments much more effective, opening up new avenues for therapy and reduce drug side effects.
express.co.uk/news/science/931022/yellowstone-volcano-warning-virus-super-volcano-eruption-scientists

Speak for yourself, this is THE happening to end all happenings

>all these billionaires building safe havens in New Zealand

if we have a global winter due to all the ash and gas blocking out the sun it will simply take them longer to die.

There's a similar one in New Zealand, under Lake Taupo

>YELLOWSTONE
fuck off shill

Yellowstone has a while before it blows. Pay attention to akai in japan. Its just as big. About to blow. Going to be a major happening. Or look at the san juan de fuca - its about to cause an 8 or 9 mag earthquake and fuck up shit from seattle (press f) to LA.

>safe heaven in New Zealand
>To escape super volcanoes and earthquakes

You know how I know you know nothing about geography and geology/seismology. I'm actually quite stunned, I knew you guys (not all) are retarded about geography but even then this is fucking ridiculous. Even both my little cousins know about how earthquake prone the region is the large amount of volcanoes never mind their own super volcano they have aswell.
Jesus fucking bell man, c'mon.

Attached: IMG_0011.jpg (768x769, 118K)

THE BIG ONE (fuck california)

>But what the fuck are we supposed to do?
Pray everyday that it should happen and wash away the filth

Not with ten million tymes the size of muh lazer pointed at it user.

Left is dirty slag, right is cuter but id have to put her on a diet for a couple of years, i mean months.

brap to the left
brap to the right
sniff sniff sniff sniff
alright

>drilling
>into pressurized magma
i got a bad feeling about this

Attached: 1517152029673.gif (642x414, 3.35M)

Yawn. It's too much to think about rn. I'm feeling sleepy

Ive been hewring this shit for a decade

Attached: 4C602083-4C81-4FDE-A153-A1E35CFB62FA.jpg (803x552, 54K)

newfag pls leave or lurk more. yellowstone threads happen all the fucking time

>but a major eruption is not expected in the foreseeable future.

You think they'd be allowed to publish a report saying we're all fucked now? We are in the margin of error now by just considering the cycle of explosions. The supervolcano erupts every on average once every 600-700K years, and the last time it exploded was 650k years ago. Also recently activity is picking up.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/10/yellowstone-supervolcano-erupt-faster-thought-science/

>If the supervolcano underneath Yellowstone erupts again, we may have far less advance warning time than we thought.

>In 2011, scientists revealed that the ground above the magma chamber bulged by up to 10 inches in a span of about seven years.

>"It's an extraordinary uplift, because it covers such a large area and the rates are so high," the University of Utah's Bob Smith, an expert in Yellowstone volcanism, told National Geographic at the time.

Here's a more recent report:

express.co.uk/news/science/918315/Yellowstone-ERUPTION-volcano-Supervolcano-STRAIN-magma-chamber-pressure

>In an article for the Billings Gazette, David Mencin and Glen Mattioli, geodesists with UNAVCO, say “the strain signal is larger than would be expected if the crust under Yellowstone were completely solid”.
>This would suggest lava is flowing, allowing pressure to build in the chamber.

Look at what they are doing behind the scenes, buying safe havens in far away lands like New Zealand where you'll still get some sunlight if the supervolcano explodes.

theguardian.com/news/2018/feb/15/why-silicon-valley-billionaires-are-prepping-for-the-apocalypse-in-new-zealand

It's pretty obvious you're just a shill throwing up another of the million slide threads going on right now because of the YouTube shooting.

Your shit is weak as fuck. If you were legitimately concerned about your safety and family, you wouldn't be sitting on your ass on Jow Forums.

>precautions
You mean how can we accelerate the process and make it happen, right?

fuck it
fuck you
i won't have to see this faggot thread anymore

Its active. The norris basin (upper magma chamber) has been active recently, but this (small eruptions/movement) has happened before (in the 50s). The newspapers you are citing usually write everything as apocalyptic.

I'm just learning about this and I wanted to talk with anons. Feel free to fuck off.

KILL US ALL YELLOWSTONE!!!

I couldn't care less, if/when it goes off.

Our species has shown it's nothing but a blight on this planet, we need a culling.

Attached: 1519786955538.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Very cool. Keep learning. With the solar minimum coming up, volcanoes and earthquakes are going to increase.

Attached: yellowstone_caldera_map2.jpg (1800x1453, 340K)

As a species?
Continue research in lab grown plants and meat, build nuclear reactors and hope it doesn't happen too soon.
You personally? Don't live to close to it.
I guess having a bunker wouldn't hurt but it's not a long term solution.

These threads get put up all the time. It's going to happen. Just not in your lifetime.

Except you're not learning a fucking thing.

You keep posting the same ridiculous clickbait articles and screaming about how the sky is falling, Chicken Little.

Lol, you are hilarious

that koala looks like it has all the answers

It's about as real as the risk of The Big One underneath California: Yeah it can happen but don't worry about it until it does.

>Not knowing that Jews installed Nukes into the base of the Volcano just in case their "Globalist Initiatives" fail so that they could play the "If I don't get what I want, then nobody does" card, thus starting a new ICE AGE and attempting to end all life, unknowingly creating a new subspecies of Cromagni who will take control of the newly formed Ice planet that was once Gaia/Terra or a some say "Earth", ushering us into a Platinum Age of existence.
I'm still planning on moving to Montana though, I hate Pennsylvania.

Attached: 1520960984476.jpg (617x1018, 62K)

Attached: 1519100174786.jpg (600x445, 55K)

bump

If Yellowstone decides to blow everyone is screwed. Even if you're in a bunker the ash is going to blot out the sun.

If it makes you feel better the sun could have a mega flare and eradicate most life or all tech at any time.

Lets all Praise the sun for those sweet solar flares

it isn't going to erupt you history channel peddling retards
t. geology master

at least not any time before the norks melt us all

We pray that it happens soon. The sooner is blows, the sooner I get to hunt and eat people and live the Madmax life.

>ll these billionaires building safe havens in New Zealand
source?

> building a super volcano bunker on a volcanic island

>being this stupid

pick one.

>You shouldn't worry about a supervolcano nearing the end of it's dormant cycle. What you should really worry about is this technology that can help save thousands of life but literally offers no danger beyond already existing diseases!

In a supervolcano even, you die. End of story.

bump

Nothing, it's a continent killer. Just kiss your ass goodbye if it goes off.

Attached: Nuke 1510039745515.gif (358x200, 3.48M)

>implying the sun is real and that we are not all stuck in our domes, experiencing a simulation

Fuck off we're full.

We also have a supervolcano equivalent to Yellowstone any how so it's not like moving here will save you from eruptions

Attached: oh-shit-i-im-having-trok-10379360.png (500x469, 106K)

Hundreds of millions of tons of lava would have to start moving before a major eruption. I think we’d pick that up.

Attached: B21342EF-754D-485D-A9AF-BDEA14045138.jpg (598x779, 143K)

How are you 100% sure about it? Did you interview them?