It's time to tap the Great Lakes

More and more scientists and politicians are recognizing the inevitability of a Great Lakes water pipeline system - Midwesterners will howl and scream, but they are part of a bigger national community, and the time has come to use the resources for the benefit of everyone. We can turn Arizona into a giant garden if we have the will:

>Pipe Great Lakes water to Phoenix? It's likely, NASA scientist says

>States surrounding the Great Lakes have a recurring nightmare about proposals to siphon off water for parched areas in U.S. or other countries. So they might be staggered by suggestions from NASA scientist Jay Famiglietti, who said a water pipeline from the lakes to cities like Phoenix was "part of our future.”

>Famiglietti, a hydrologist and senior water scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, was in Cleveland recently for a lecture. In the interview with Ideas, he said that "from a quantity perspective you might imagine that there’s a giant bullseye that can be seen from space that’s sitting above the Great Lakes. Meaning: It’s a target area in a sense for the rest of the country. "Because there’s so much fresh water, you can imagine that 50 years from now ... there might actually be a pipeline that brings water from the Great Lakes to Phoenix. I think that’s part of our future.”

greatlakestoday.org/post/pipe-great-lakes-water-phoenix-its-likely-nasa-scientist-says

Attached: Great Lakes.jpg (2100x1701, 629K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes–Saint_Lawrence_River_Basin_Sustainable_Water_Resources_Agreement
youtube.com/watch?v=KvlxWMNIq4g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Montreal dumped 6 gorillion gallons of shit in the st. Lawrence river, lol. Enjoy your shit-water, shartistan.

Fuck no.

Phoenix needs to die. Don’t TAPP the lakes.

Youre gonna have a fight on your hands that you cant win Americans.

Attached: Canadian Zombie.gif (500x282, 3.81M)

Sure, go ahead and pipe the water from Lake Ontario. All the Californafucks will wind up with the plague and a few leaches up their ass.

Mexicans need that fresh water.

>proposals to siphon off water for parched areas in U.S. or other countries

Don't live in the desert and then bitch about the lack of water. This isn't a difficult causal relationship. I swear the Southwest is filled with retards.

Please go ahead. drink the lake Ontario water first

Attached: 1522594424871.jpg (259x259, 14K)

Just let California burn.

but what color mana should we have it produce?

Attached: lake.jpg (223x310, 25K)

Thunder Bay here. fuck right off. not much would make anyone here want to fight but this might do it.

You can have Erie, but if you try to touch Superior or Michigan, blood WILL be spilt.

Do you know which way the St. Lawrence flows?

Not an engineer, but doesn't water need a 2% grade to flow? Chicago - Phoenix is about 1500 miles, and I'm damn sure there isn't a 30 mile drop across the great plains, heck quite the opposite. So either you have hundreds/thousands of pumping stations burning stupid amounts of energy, or this guy is talking out of his ass.

Also, if you're proposing some gargantuan, impossible engineering feat, why not pump the Mississippi to Arizona? Save yourself some 500 miles of pipes

Mich user here....we should start a fresh water ethno state

Anyone else think of this guy whenever they see a map of the Great Lakes?

Attached: 14AF4ABF-BD21-4ADB-8D15-5296CFCFED03.gif (650x610, 18K)

OP will propose running a pipeline under to the Canadian side of the lake and taking all the water from there and pumping it to the murrican side of the lake. that dastardly plan will pass, and the great Canadian water wars will begin.

Minnesota user here, let’s border off the Midwest and say “fuck you” to the coastal cucks.

>you can have the shallowest lake but don't touch the deepest ones
tap superior if anything. cleaner water, deeper lake, few communities along the lake to disturb

I don’t want them taking the better lakes. Superior and Michigan are prime fishing. Fuck off

Do you have any idea how MUCH water is in the Great Lakes? A few pipelines isn't going to drain them; you'll barely even notice the change in water levels. We're talking about skimming a little water off the top in order to make the deserts bloom. That's not a bad tradeoff.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Can anyone explain to me why the fuck so many people live in the American Southwest? Why do so many people live in a scorchingly hot desert shithole that's also dangerously close to Mexico?

the great lakes look like a bird flying from right to left. boom

didn't nestle drain the lakes to much complaint? if a bottled water company can effect water levels or whatevr then so can a pipeline

>turn Arizona into a giant garden
How about no.

Attached: 1506365691867.png (450x416, 186K)

Tunnels + nuclear power plants will push the water where it needs to go.

Attached: Pipeline.jpg (2018x1365, 606K)

everyone that lives in that corner is a giant retard, i mean just look at this thread.

How about we start with the Flint River? Ship that to ya free of charge.

>builds in the desert
>no water
>we need water

southwest fags strike again

Why should we sacrifice our natural beauty and water because a bunch of retards wanted to settle next to areas with no fresh water?

Bump

>st. Lawrence river
Saint Lawrence River flows in a roughly north-easterly direction.
Canadians are just Americans in denial.

kek

These are my waters, mate.

Attached: image.jpg (2998x2998, 3.47M)

Tell the fucking trailer bats in Arizona if they want a drink they need to move to where the food is.

Attached: IMG_0159.jpg (474x370, 41K)

You dumb motherfuckers have been trying to turn this worthless desert into a giant garden for decades. There is nothing good here, only old people and crypto-jew Mormons. Let it die.

You know I'm about 100 metres from the lake. I'm going to walk down there just now and piss in it.

Why not just build nuclear desalination plants if you're looking to spend that much.

That asshole. Have a (you) for reminding us.

Attached: 1503885017171.png (781x903, 116K)

we should get all the drinking water from the ocean to combat the rising water levels from all the glober warminenings

>We're talking about skimming a little water off the top in order to make the deserts bloom.
So you fags wanna destroy natural desert ecosystems that are adapted for the dry, to water your fucking lawns?

Fuck you.

There's a comic based on this where America consume all their fresh water and declared war with Canada for theirs. I forgot the title of the said comic.

STOP

Attached: image.jpg (2448x2448, 2.87M)

Fuck off dick bags. Make some fucking water desalination plants. All of the states the touch the Great Lakes have already stated 'our water, our choice.'

bump...much love and respect for my fellow Midwest anons

>Do you have any idea how MUCH water is in the Great Lakes? A few pipelines isn't going to drain them; you'll barely even notice the change in water levels. We're talking about skimming a little water off the top in order to make the deserts bloom. That's not a bad tradeoff.

Reminder that this is almost word-for-word EXACTLY what the Soviet Union said to convince Central Asia to use the Aral Sea for irrigation purposes, pic related is what ended up happening to the Aral Sea

Attached: images (45).jpg (416x353, 24K)

Mifag here. Git off my clay git off mah watah. Fuck off were full. Unless you want a pile o niggers, fuck right off.

LA LUZ EXTINGUIDO

>but they are part of a bigger national community
California is not America

Attached: 1522346904694.jpg (1788x1538, 332K)

here we go, someone should storytime this pls.

Attached: 26872190.jpg (317x475, 39K)

Yeah boyo’s I mean after all the Aral Sea project worked great for the soviets.

You cunts will never learn.

They tried to come after the great lakes in the past. Every time governors and such said fuck political parties and each threatened to use national guard and militia to shoot on sight. 1 NASA hydrologist isn't going to convince construction workers to get shot and killed. Hell, this isn't even a case of just states, they would need a consensus between all states and canada. In short, it's not happening without a bloodbath. Just idiots bitching.

Op is a faggot

Attached: 1481518319535.jpg (473x360, 38K)

Lmao, you won't get a single drop of superior. We will quarantine you desert people before that's allowed to happen.

>go on git

>communists mismanage a resource out of existence

color me surprised

Attached: Communist solutions.png (840x384, 182K)

Get your own water you nigger, use desalination you commiefornian Jew and pipe it from the pacific

this, get fucked california

Attached: 7542637902_1f9dc086c9_z.jpg (640x193, 79K)

>ethnically European people have to suffer to keep nigger alive again

The is new and exciting, I am surprised

I wonder if great lakes people will be allowed a vote.

Fuck off stupid desert niggers

Why the fuck would you build a massive city in the middle of the desert and expect to problems with finding fresh water. You made your bed now sleep in it and keep your dirty hands off my water

Sorry I don’t speak commicago

Attached: image.jpg (600x404, 218K)

You act like the Americans around the great lakes would let it happen.
This is one of the few issues that would unironically start civil war.
I know for a fact people in Wisconsin would rather see the entire state of California die than lose Superior.

CA here. Im going to take your lake and turn it into an Almond.

>literally draining the life force of whites to sustain browns

How can the kikes be so brazen?

Nuclear-powered Desalination plant on the pacific coast

real state is cheaper but there's a lot of beaners in arizona as well

"part of (our) future"

there is no "our future" you cucks....this is midwest water and we are gonna keep it. just becaues your shit states have enacted policies leading your ruin, doesnt mean its our problem you fags.....

Don't even think about it.

Attached: 1515892203570.png (700x525, 232K)

might throw a barrel of botox in there too

Attached: 1522594440035.png (264x191, 15K)

There are strict environmental regulations along the California coast dealing with marine construction/desal plants. Volume is way too small compared to a Great Lakes pipeline.

fuck the spics
the entire southwest can rot in hell for all i care
>b-but BASED texas!!
texas is a third world shithole filled with spics both legal & illegal, mentally retarded biblethumpers, white trash, cuckservatives, cartels, niggers, and fags. there's nothing worth saving

Precisely why we will not send a single drop of our wondrous freshwater seas to California. I'll die a violent death before that happens.

Arizona water worker here, we 'gon git yo water just like we took colorados.

Sucks to suck I guess

I know for a fact people in Wisconsin would rather see the entire state of California die regardless of Lake Superior

Well yes, but this would be cass' bellend desu

Attached: 1471663569540.png (473x500, 8K)

When I was a kid I pooped in Lake Michigan

Your a fucking nigger and have no right to this water. It is exclusively under the ownership of memeber of the great lakes water compact which includes states bordering the lakes and fucking liberal as fuck canada(good luck niggerfaggot with stealing resources from a global power). The lakes and Michigan are going to becone prime real estate if climate change is real or becomes more pronounced. As someone who lives in michigan i woukd rather see a fucking oil spill in the great lakes than see a fucking drop of it go to some dumb nigger farmer in desert dick dustbowl niggerfornia try to reduce the consequences of the overfarming you niggers do.

Fuck off cuckifornia. You aren't getting our water. Maybe you shouldn't have grown all those almonds and avocados while wanting perfect green lawns in a fucking desert. You deserve your fate.

Great Lakes Alliances WHEN?
Phoenix aka Mexico 2 Dios Mio Boogaloo can fuck right off

thats crown land not american fuck off

>Hey guys we've got a massive shortage of water in our state
> since we're a coastal state maybe we should build a desalination plant to supply ourselves with plentiful fresh water?
>Hahaha fuck no let's spend a fortune pumping water in from over the Sierra mountains

The stupidity of Commiefornia is honestly astonishing

For real eat a nigger dick

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Lakes–Saint_Lawrence_River_Basin_Sustainable_Water_Resources_Agreement

no nigga mexico aint getting our water

Michiganders are worried about nestle getting permission to pump drinking water out of the lakes though... You guys can google that

>Pipeline to Phoenix?
How about you build an impoundment on the Colorado, and use it to connect highways 64 & 68. It'll save a ton of money you'd otherwise have to spend on a losing legal battle reconciling apportionment and riparian water rights.

Attached: 1522551467535.gif (280x202, 1.95M)

Just blow up the pipes if they try. Fuck california.

Fuck off Bong it belongs to the residents of the 3rd coast

Shhhh.

Engineers can make water can flow uphill.
Hydraulic head is only one of our many tricks.
>mad scientist? Bah. Beware the mad engineer!

No. It wasn't like that.

STAY AWAY FROM MY FRESH WATER YOU SOUTHERN JEWS

>They tried to come after the great lakes in the past. Every time governors and such said fuck political parties and each threatened to use national guard and militia to shoot on sight.
Source? I really want to read more about state governments actually serving and protecting their constituents and their property.

>Giving water to mud people

Attached: 1476145888065.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

Fuck off and get your own water , maybe Arizona should figure out its own problems instead of acting like a nog and expecting water just handed to them because they they deserve special treatment

The inability to agree on any kind of major infrastructure project is one of the reasons will continue it's decline in influence. Yeah, dig in your heels and keep arguing while China is blasting high speed rail and highways through mountains. Literally as they reroute entire hydrological systems for industrial development

Attached: 1519288013888.jpg (500x318, 18K)

hmmm interesting idea, im from MI too, we trade all our nigs for some water? is it worth it?

youtube.com/watch?v=KvlxWMNIq4g