What are your thoughts on religious indoctrination, Jow Forums?

What are your thoughts on religious indoctrination, Jow Forums?

Attached: 93C52A73-D805-415F-8C46-68D61FDA14AB.jpg (500x500, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/8kjm5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia
youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_years_of_Jesus
youtube.com/watch?v=bL3HwBN2YqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE
youtube.com/watch?v=Y922dmJzlpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good for the soul, its either this or some anti-Christ ian indoctrination

a curse on mankind because it was meant to divide humanity

What are your thoughts on material indoctrination?

>all religions, including universal religions are meant to divide humanity

indoctrinated with anti-Christ's anti-Christian doctrine, much..

Morals and community are taught through religion so no biggy.

It was meant to help government faggot.

religion = to bind, it binds the spirit with lies. they are counter productive

img related
these people are the source of your doctrine, let that sink in
Also, why didn't the middle east all fall for the Chripes doctrine? Why was it just pasty ass folks with too many feelings

Attached: Ejected.png (928x8840, 1.22M)

Material Indoctrination? Haven’t heard of that before. Could you explain how exactly it works?

checked
it's a control mechanism and divide and conquer by religion is the oldest trick in the Talmud

As long as hating Jews is part of the indoctrination.

Attached: Gharqad.png (1000x1000, 690K)

You're living in it. Materialism/Humanism/Secularism/Liberalism. Denial of both metaphysics and objective reality.

Attached: 1484849389169.jpg (1664x936, 967K)

Attached: SECULAR DEGENERACY.jpg (640x360, 57K)

your false teachings are showing.

Every method of raising children is indoctrination, from raising them to think that Islam is the best, to teaching then that democracy is the best, it's all propaganda, and that's not a bad thing. It's perfect natural to want to propagate your belief system, as that brings the most stability

>conflating materialism with liberalism
You fucking brainlet.

A horrible influence on humanity because it gets people addicting to the OPIATE OF THE MASSES

Also, it makes them less likely to become Marxists. Which is a tragedy.

Attached: 4chan2.png (753x478, 400K)

It is rather but awful.
But often also necessary.

It gives guidance to people that would otherwise have none.
It will give them a frame of morals, rules and boundaries that they may not get from their family. Even if it's all made up, it's better than nothing.

The best and worst part about it is that it also instills a tribe mentally in the indoctrinated, if the religion you were indoctrinated into has a positive set of believes like say modern day Christianity it will protect you from falling under the influence of religions or sects with negative views like Islam or Scientology.
On the other hand if you get indoctrinated into one of those negative ones, you're fucked. It is much harder to reevaluate your morals if you are entrenched in a very twisted world view.

>It is rather but awful.
should be
>It is rather awful.
That was one but too many

Saying religious indoctrination probably wasn't the best idea, I forgot the fact that there are different kinds of indoctrination.

But yeah, indoctrination is a subject I am currently interested in because I think that all children face indoctrination on a certain level.

Implanting certain ideas into their heads makes it harder for them to change their standpoint later on, but it is necessary to fully understand something in order to form you own opinion on it, so teaching them those things and whether people consoder it good or bad is also important.

>t.shill
go crawl back into whatever asshole squeezed you out

remember all that fuss betwen heliocentricsm and terracentrism? That was due to religious indoctrination failing when truth contradicts doctrine

>Doesn't even know how to use a trip-code

This is just sad.

Keep your children safe from degeneracy. yes .That must be stopped Goy.

>What are your thoughts on religious indoctrination, Jow Forums?
religious understanding can do much better for most people
but then there's the stupid people simply cannot "understand" because it's beyond their cognitive habilities...

what do?
Indoctrinate them into something useful and healthy
or let them be
and risk occasional collapse of civilization who fail to manage this minor issue.

I was never raised to worship anyone but myself.

Attached: IMG_6005.jpg (540x299, 21K)

If someone actually had balls they would show this pic with a Koran instead of a bible

fpbp I'm not even a practicing Christian but OP's pic is how societies condition us regardless of the symbol on the cover of the book

Might or might not work. My father is a devout priest, and I grew up non-religious despite spending uncountable sundays in church and being involved in church activities a lot. I just kind of grew out of it once it became voluntary.

It's a way to instill a moral framework on people who are too young to be reasonable.

it's good great and a foundation for nations to come, what has liberal indoctrination done? except ruin great empires.

its a form of child abuse, the picture is very accurate.

god bless user

death penalty for them
they can meet god themself

you live in a material world, so its useful to know what the walls are made of
it's not harmful to teach fish about how to live in water, it is harmful to teach fish that everything is jello

Attached: Richard.png (618x464, 280K)

Christianity simply has not done this to the extant that Islam has

for a long time, christians were very big into converting everyone they ever met, how else did south america, korea, pacific islands become christian

paganism is far superior to cuckstianity

it has, just not in recent history
today's christians are weak

islam is still potent, but far worse because it is an enemy of logic, enemy of knowledge and an enemy of peace

Another thread full of cucks talking about something they have no clue about

streamable.com/8kjm5

The Biblical Gospel is that Jesus Christ(GOD in human form) DIED on the cross for our sins, He was BURIED (officiating His death), and He was RESURRECTED from the dead three days later.You don't have to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. If you receive the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ as payment for your sins, then you are saved instantly, securely and eternally.That is it.

Attached: Keep giving the Gospel.jpg (1920x1067, 447K)

>islam is still potent, but far worse because it is an enemy of logic, enemy of knowledge and an enemy of peace
christianity is also all of these things, the difference is that christian counries have superior education systems and have started moving on, the religions are very similar, its the people that are different.

If you want to know what I think, since I grew up in a conservative family, life can be enjoyed less.

A shorty story, about GG Allin:

>Born Jesus Christ Allin at Weeks Memorial Hospital in Lancaster, New Hampshire, the younger of two sons born to Merle Colby Allin, Sr. and Arleta Gunther. He was given this name because his father told his wife that Jesus Christ had visited him, and told him that his newborn son would be a great man in the vein of the Messiah.

>The family lived in a log cabin with no running water or electricity in Groveton, New Hampshire. Merle Sr. was an abusive recluse and religious fanatic, who threatened his family with death, digging graves in their cellar. In an essay titled "The First Ten Years", Allin wrote that his father wanted to kill his family in a murder-suicide. He "despised pleasure" and allowed his family "very little contact with others". They lived a "primitive existence" and "were more like prisoners than a family".

>In 1961, Arleta filed for divorce from Merle Sr., as his mental instability was worsening. Allin and his brother were from that time raised by their mother and stepfather, and settled in East St. Johnsbury, Vermont in 1966. Arleta changed her younger son's legal name to Kevin Michael Allin on March 2, 1962, during his first year of schooling.

>Allin, a poor student, was placed in special education classes and required to repeat the third grade. According to his older brother, he experienced bullying by fellow students for nonconformity. In his second year of high school, he began attending school cross-dressed, which he said was inspired by the New York Dolls. When asked about his childhood, Allin said that it was "very chaotic. Full of chances and dangers. We sold drugs, stole, broke into houses, cars. Did whatever we wanted to for the most part – including all the bands we played in. People even hated us back then."

>pic related is GG dead

tl;dr religious 'fanatic' dad wasn't so crazy after all. GG went from little house on the prairie to cross-dressing, shit-eating scumfuck, died a junkie death

Attached: 20071004142553.jpg (450x315, 90K)

I think most religion should be taught as allegorical, not literally, which is what typically happens when go from the kid version to the adult version anyway.

>death penalty for them
>they can meet god themself

yeah for the religious terrorists

its traditional catholic teaching to believe it all literally, or else your a heretic thats the belief.

either you believe it all or you're not traditional catholic.

((Jewish)) jews literally killed Christians since christ

you're forcing ((thier)) beliefs onto us right now, you're promoting ((thier)) beliefs.

I was raised Anglican and became jaded, I don't really know anything about how Catholics interpret the bible, but I doubt they take everything literally.

Oh I didn't know conversion was unique to Christianity #resist

shut up catholic
go lick a statue. acting like catholisc are not heretics themselves. you wear dresses. dont even.

jesus wore one, btw they're robes

Attached: 7777777999999999.png (192x301, 73K)

4 PILLARS THAT BUILT THE WESTERN CIVILIZATION:

- GREEK LOGIC/PHILOSOPHY
- ROMAN/COMMON LAW
- CHRISTIAN MORALS/VALUES
- FREE MARKET ENTERPRISE

If you don't recognize this, then you are denying the last 400 years of history of those 4 pillars being honed, tested, challenged, and utilized to make the West what it was during the enlightenment and on forward.

Even if you're an atheist and hate god, you have to acknowledge that Christian values and christian moral systems help consolidate and build the West and should continue to be used in a utilitarian function for raising kids with the proper moral fiber and then allowing them to make their own assessment when they reach adulthood.

However a lot of this is moot when current american culture is becoming majority fatherless so the only real way to instill morals and values is military service with certainty.

Attached: 234423.png (750x856, 474K)

christians do not go to war for religious beliefs anymore, that has burned out, wars are purely for material/power reasons now

christianity used to be a big enemy of knowledge and reason, since the renaissance with the reintroduction of greek classics, not as much
but imagine if stuff like this didn't happen throughout history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia

now you only have the fundamentalist christians who still cling onto easily disproven falsehoods like the young earth theory or that fossils are all fake

christianity's values in the new testament are peace oriented, but christians have never used the NT to wage war, they just pick what passage suits them in the moment
islam is more similar to judiasm than christianity

islam is a war doctrine, there's no peace in it unless you become a muslim
it is a young religion that needs to be broken down into a peaceful form, or removed entirely

did the hindus ever try to convert the chinese to hinduism by war?
did the buddhists go to christian countries and try converting christians?
did the pagans convert non pagans by war?

mono theistic religions are the problem
they're also the biggest load of lies

>Even if you're an atheist and hate God

I "hate" "God" the same way that I hate unicorns and dragons: I don't. I just hate silly ideas.

Attached: 4chanSmall.jpg (125x79, 6K)

>they just pick what passage suits them in the moment
>islam is a war doctrine
passages in the bible could easilly be used (and have been used) to justify war, murder, genocide etc.
we just dont, anymore, because we learned.

>You will never marry the biblefu on the right.
Also absence of religious indoctrination is just atheist indoctrination.

>- CHRISTIAN MORALS/VALUES
which are repackaged eastern values
christianity is basically a western form of buddhism, since jesus spent years in india

he might even BE an indian
some clues
>KRISHNA -> christ
>long hair
>beggers clothes
>hand signs
he was a pajeet

youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw

Attached: pajeetkrishna.jpg (191x263, 6K)

I just said that, you cannot justify war, murder or genocide using the new testament, you can only d it using the (((old testament)))

Ive read the whole bloody quaran
there's nothing peaceful in it, except a few lines plagiarised from judaism but overridden by later passages
99% of the book is believe in allah or die

except that Chrstian values are proactive and prescriptive while Eastern values are passive and descriptive.

The whole reason why Christianity and the West catapulted upwards even during the middle ages was because the active progress of the Church in seeking truth, knowledge, understanding of the worlds mechanisms, and how best to ingrain these morals/values into people while also acknowledging the individual.

Buddhism is passive and non-active, seeking to forego material things for inner truth, which while noble, is at the cost of seeking what is tangible in our world and also in probably levying morals onto the (then) ignorant masses. Hence why most of the East is pretty passive and follow their governments like ants and have lesser values on individual life compared to the West.

Both Christ and Buddha are transcendant figures but the memeic notions of the stories by which they transcended (one dying directly for the whole to inspire and the other just reaching enlightenment and hoping to be an example) lead to differing motivations for their followers.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>you can only d it using the (((old testament)))
i really dont see how that makes any difference, they are both in the bible and afaik, nobody ever says (in the bible) that the first half should be ignored, quite the opposite from what i've heard.

but sure, i do believe it when you say that islam is worse than christianity, it just makes so little difference when its the people(or society) following the religion that decides which parts they follow and when they have both been used to kill countless people.
tomayto, tomahto

baka desu senpai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori

what is proactive about jesus' values?
there's actually not much wisdom in christianity
there's far more wisdom in aesop's fables, or their indian equivalent the pachantantra, which also became the core of the buddhist fables

>Buddhism is passive and non-active, seeking to forego material things for inner truth, which while noble, is at the cost of seeking what is tangible in our world and also in probably levying morals onto the (then) ignorant masses.
what was it that jesus said about it being harder for a rich man to enter heaven than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle
he told all his followers to throw away their wealth and become BEGGAR BUMS like him
it was a cult for the poor, while weaving some buddhist values to be content at misery and persecution

the golden rule didn't originate in christianity, that is the core of morality worldwide

everything proactive, independent in western philosophy comes from pagan values and the old testament
the old testament is action (eye for an eye)
the new testament is inaction (let thy butt cheek be slappeth)

jesus never died on the cross, it's just occult symbolism

jesus has turned the west into a flock of defenceless blind sheep
how isn't that exactly like what you describe about the 'passive' east

>What are your thoughts on religious indoctrination, Jow Forums
I think that the left should stop doing it, especially to younger kids in school.

No worse than teaching that there are no right or wrongs and that they should just "figure it out themselves".

The Buddha predicted the coming of the true Messiah Jesus Christ

>nobody ever says (in the bible) that the first half should be ignored

jesus says to follow the ten commandments only, but ignore the rest, otherwise there'd be no reason for him to teach anything, you'd just all follow judiasm, which he obviously did not do

jesus is the total opposite of the old testament

christianity is the watered down version of judaism, written by greeks with some hellenistic ideas thrown in
similar to how buddhism is a watered down version of hinduism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_years_of_Jesus

but its not so important whether he was in those places or not
just the similarities in philosophy between buddhism and the new testament indicate influence of some form, or parallel value evolution

>If you teach things I do not like its indoctrination
>If you teach things I like its learning.
Gee, what a politically loaded word. Its almost as if it was coined for political reasons.

just teach philosophy and comparative religion in schools

they need to analyse and test to find what is actually true to what they are told is true

indoctrination is the worst, it traps them in one view and one way of thinking, it is the enemy of all progress

the romans created jesus to fulfill the jewish messiah prophecy to shut them up and pacify them, but then it backfired by spreading among the poor slaves of rome and ended up collapsing it

I would love this image if only people freed from Christian indoctrination were smarter or better or freer or happier or better in any observable way.

But that's not my experience.

indoctrination is exposure to one view, following the "right" way
learning is exposure to many views, finding the right way

> pagancuck conspiracy theories
sure thing
but jews don't believe in Christ and they have never views him as the messiah
and Christ never came to save kikes either

So kids in schools arent learning?

>jesus says to follow the ten commandments only
and he also says that nothing will change, im not sure because i havent read the thing myself, but this is something i heard Matt Dillahunty say and frankly i trust his word more than i do yours.

the bible is full of contradictions and bs, so why believe this particular part over some other?

>german using anti christian propaganda while his country gets overrun by muslims

we nuked the wrong country

>boo hoo hoo mommy made me go to church on sunday instead of letting me play video games all day!

fuck off, religion is an important part of society that allows us to share a common bond other than our skin color.

>calls people cucks
>is a cuck to a snake religion

>m'lady

Attached: fedoratipping.gif (263x396, 618K)

People's insights into how best to live tend to cross cultural boundaries and correspond all over the world. But they put those insights in the language of whatever religious or philosophical context their culture dictates. Nonetheless, the substance is the same: seize control of your life and don't fall victim to your own routines, habits and addictions; have meaningful relationships and recognize the interconnectedness between you and everything and everyone around you; cultivate yourself and contribute; and so on.

Because people in every culture have these basic insights, there are certain religious and philosophical sects or branches that promote those insights. However, there are also ones that contradict them and go in the opposite direction, leading people astray, down dark, isolated, hellish paths. The result is that the question of what religions are the best is irrelevant; what's important is the sect. To me, the most insightful sect of Christianity appears to be Quakerism. The most insightful sect of Islam appears to be Bektashi Sufism. The most insightful sect of Buddhism appears to be Soto Zen.

>still believing in stories made up by bronze age goat fuckers.

Attached: anencephaly.jpg (598x632, 17K)

Shortcut for the weak spirited

Better than allowing subconscious demon possession

Attached: 09C46398-EBEB-49D4-9A31-EB1C4CCDEE8C.jpg (259x194, 14K)

pic related

Attached: 1506410784219.jpg (640x820, 123K)

is it indoctrination to preach something that is true? They would find it out on their own if they searched.

Can be done the right way and the wrong way.

>what do you think of tradition and family values
uhhh... i like it

weak people still need things to believe in, rituals to follow, to give structure to their lives, that is why religion was created

but christianity has past its use by date
the new religion will be environmentalism/neo paganism/global warming

they already have all the pieces of a religion
you will really see it come into force by 2030 when the UN agenda 2030 plan is implemented, by then an entire generation of kids have been indoctrinated in school under your nose to make personal sacrifices to gaia without question
youtube.com/watch?v=bL3HwBN2YqQ

philosophy and practice of science (not belief in science) is the only way to free your mind

> Implanting certain ideas into their heads makes it harder for them to change their standpoint later on

ideas like "Germany was always a Muslim nation" or ideas like "Diversity is our strength" or ideas like "Hitler was bad, the UK and America and their capitalist owners were the good guys"?

Nowhere near as concerning as Communist indoctrination. Many who grew up being raised in a religious household experience a crisis of faith as they grow older and figure things out on their own, barring the zealots that is. However Communist indoctrination is far more insidious, harder to break, and incalculably more damaging than anything we pull from a religious scripture that isn't the Talmud.

youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE
which part of this is inaccurate?

christ was never to save the jews, it was to try and subvert them from their jewish ways and convert them so theyd stop resisting roman rule, but it didn't work and backfired by spreading amongst the poor in the roman empire

then the romans realised it was a useful tool of control, making everyone into a mind controlled slave and kept it ever since

nope
they aren't educated
they are schooled (a school of fish just follow a leader)
that's why they are so useless and mostly come out of school dumb as a rock

dont take my word for it, read the book for yourself
write down every value you would like to pass on to your kids
there's really not much there that's really amazing wisdom
it's so basic compared to aesops fables that teach you how not to be a fool

communism is practically its own religion, it has its own values, beliefs, honorary figures, customs (breadlines), just it doesn't have a spiritual component

i dont think reading it will give me anything usefull to pass down, i already have values i would like to pass on and im sure some of them are in the bible.

nice quads btw

The parallels are uncanny that's for sure. Though if I were to consider Communism a religion I'd just call it Judaism and leave it at that.

What kind of curse is it? Christian? Wiccan? Jewish?

I wouldn't
property is a big concept in judaism
most of the OT is about jews squabbling over figs or land, it's not hard to see why jewish people are rich, they have a strong sense of ownership

communism was created by atheistic jews in response to judaism, it replaces god with the state, and tries to abolish property

you will find some jews who are capitalist and others who are communist, just like all other groups

Religious indoctrination should be done by the family, not the state.

It tries to abolish property but said property just ends up in the hands of the (((Party))) which controls the state. Communism seems to me just to be Judaism where the Jews don't have to be underhanded with their greed because the government is backing them up and reinforcing their imagined superiority over the goyim. Marx and the Bolsheviks might have claimed to be atheistic but their behavior was identical to their devout counterparts.

Depends on the situation. Its absolutely criminal to deny a child guidance, disguising neglect as "freedom".

A child cannot possibly know for itself what is or is not good, the lie that just by throwing tools at it and letting the child figure it out is a fraud.

Either you need someone of trust to show them how to learn and how to apply those tools (in which case you are offering guidance and removing the supposed freedom) or you deliberately neglect their development in order to preserve your own intellectual purity of avoiding "indoctrination".

which part of any religion is 100% true and provable?

they will discover their values if they searched, and they should be encouraged to do this

it is definitely short sighted and results in the same outcome whether or not you put jews in it

guidance is not the same as strict obedience and removal of choice which causes intellectual atrophy

most religions are compatible and have the golden rule embedded in them, except islam
islam doesn't even let you change religion, it is by far the worst and not like any of the others
cannot think of any redeeming qualities or wisdom in it

I would remove islam from the list of choices, but teach them about it later so they know why it is terrible

however there is no harm in christians learning a bit about buddhism or hindusim or vice versa

Saturnian. Saturn is the god of a thousand names. It's all about Saturn.

>Guidance vs strict obedience
You could say the same about strict adherence to ideology in education.

Public schools these days are not immune to Leftist ideological garbage disguised as anti bullying, sexual education and what not.

Religion at least gives a firm alternative perspective to view the approaches taken. Something you won't get if all you're exposed to is (((post modern))) ideologies that teach and promote non-judgemental , everyone is not wrong but not right ideology.

Christianity isn't compatible with other religions. It doesn't just claim to have the word of God from someone who spoke to him or whatever, it claims that God came down to man, spoke, taught, preached and sacrificed for us. It's not a matter of opinion.

If anybody has the time Fulton Sheen gave a good talk on the subject. 20 minutes long but he's probably one of the most charismatic speakers of the 20th century so it goes fast. youtube.com/watch?v=Y922dmJzlpg