How long ago was the last successful violent revolution against a government?

How long ago was the last successful violent revolution against a government?

Not counting military coups or staged overthrows by a stronger country.

Attached: raqqq-9-26-17-3e1b66be1b933d26a484071f69dc29809f96d5d0-s900-c85.jpg (900x675, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSx8HJfBl7U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That question is basically 'How tinfoil are you?"

It can be a couple of years ago to before WW1 depending on the size of your foil hat

I don't think any amount of Illuminati can cover up an entire country descending into civil war and the leaders getting killed.

In 2003, Georgia had a nonviolent revolution

Not what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for times where citizens got sick of the government's bullshit, fought the army, and won.

242 years ago

>How long ago was the last successful violent revolution against a government?
What scale are you talking about? Like a town of 20 or a nation?

You don't fight armies, you fight governments.

Nation.

Funded by (((Who?)))

Starts with "S" and ends with "oros"

South Korea 1979.

Citizens don't just revolt overnight... They talk amongst themselves, they make their own government and then they make their own militia. It takes organisation to revolt, what you're looking for is near impossible.

here in 2001

Attached: Crisis2001_Recuerdo.jpg (1016x508, 335K)

Excuse me, 1987. I mistook the beginning of President Park's reign with the end.

Military coup. Doesn't count.

Attached: multimedia.normal.af6ee2bb918b4574.64616e69656c206d65726c655f6e6f726d616c2e6a7067.jpg (800x517, 82K)

A M E R I C A

It was truly a non-military coup nor a foreign made coup because there simply was no plan after this.

After the president fled people looked at each other and went 'well... what the fuck are we supposed to be doing now?'

Attached: 20-de-diciembre-2001-diego-lapiz.jpg (640x397, 66K)

the 2016 election

Fidel Castro

Egypt may fill the bill. The citizens got into a frenzy and did mass protests but the military was the real power broker and deposed Mubarak. As for whether this was induced and supported by the CIA remains to be seen. The Arab Spring revolts were a clusterfuck and I doubt the CIA have such power that they could induce revolts on such a level solely because of a kid lighting himself on fire in Tunisia. The CIA tends to be caught on the wrong foot on every governmental revolt and plays catchup. Most likely the military was already going to kick Mubarak out and put another General in as dictator but they got assurances from the CIA that personal gibs would flow if they transitioned it to a democracy. Which promptly was abolished after Muslims do what they always do; vote for the most dip shit Islamist party possible when given real freedom to vote.

Ukraine on the other hand was definitely an orchestrated coup. youtube.com/watch?v=kSx8HJfBl7U is a decent rundown of the entire timeline of events.

Kiev Ukraine just short time ago. Eastern Regions of Ukraine then had counter-coup to separate from (((Kiev))) coup government.

>successful violent revolution
The real question might be how long ago was the one which actually improved things. It seems the successful part and the violent part seldom go together. A revolution of the mind is superior in all ways, although it takes some footwork and risk of violence as well.

Can't happen anymore. We've become drops in an ocean. It may even get comfy

Venezuela. 2003

>I'm looking for times where citizens got sick of the government's bullshit, fought the army, and won.

1945 to 1950

One might differentiate between revolutions and independence movements. However I have a hard time thinking of violent overturns of leadership which didn't result in worse situations than they initially fought against. Americans were doing well before. The French were chafing under the monarchy according to my shallow knowledge of that one. The French public has done well aside from 'enrichment'. But then the British did comparably well without having removed monarchy all together aside from maybe the recent enrichment and loss of empirical powers.

>Not what I'm looking for.

>Doesn't count.

Real revolutions have never been tried.

They have, but like your flag, they almost universally fail.