Sell me on your religion Jow Forums

I'm an agnostic theist. Some guy approached me on campus and told me to come to his church group and read King James Version bible. What religion is best? What Christianity/bible is best?

Attached: 16615_large.jpg (416x600, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
youtube.com/watch?v=ICevOGtsTdE
archive.is/X8Tqk
archive.is/iFGqR
archive.is/J3Y6Z
archive.is/pBMGf
renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-3/
archive.is/Fdsxo
archive.is/qQPMf
archive.is/ICpaJ
archive.is/RgZOY
youtube.com/watch?v=cLU6oms0j4o
youtube.com/watch?v=6tsGXlQ2kCY&feature=youtu.be
readingtheology.com/the-king-and-the-maiden-by-søren-kierkegaard
jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/
thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm
mobile.twitter.com/RosaryMysteries/status/982266164544913409
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What religion is best?
The absence of religion.

For an individual maybe, but certainly not for a society.

Just read the love of destiny, I'm busy.

That’s debatable
In any case no reason to dumb yourself down to the average mindless idiot

RSV or King James or Latin Vulgate

Calvinism. Actually makes logical sense.

I worship Banebdjedet, PBUH, who there is undeniable proof for. Since ancient times his followers paid tribute to him by masturbating. I am pretty sure I pray to my god more than any other religious person does.

Attached: banebdjedet posting.jpg (1871x978, 322K)

He came not to save the world, but save you from the world.

Attached: 1493761223641.jpg (977x2144, 243K)

You only need to concern yourself with the gospel of Jesus Christ at this moment.
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

Deism is the only redbulled religion

Attached: 1520280504557.jpg (600x600, 20K)

Unironically agree with the Leaf. Calvinism represents the closest thing to a truly biblical theology.

I would recommend an ESV

I will need sell Jesus on anyone...either you accept Him as your Lord and Savior or you don't...I only pray that you would choose Him today and turn your will and life our to Him

I'm a christian now because the bible is poetic to read and if taken to heart many of its passages can have a deeper meaning in an individuals heart especially in a society filled with degeneracy and false idols. The bible isn't meant to be taken literally its very metaphorical in many senses, but in the end it does have a good message.

God is the sovereign, transcendent and personal God who has made the universe, including us, his image-bearers. Our misery lies in our rebellion, our alienation from God, which, despite his forbearance, attracts his implacable wrath.

But God takes the initiative and prepared for the coming of his own Son by raising up a people who, by covenantal stipulations, temple worship, systems of sacrifice and of priesthood, by kings and by prophets, are taught something of what God is planning and what he expects.

In the fullness of time his Son comes and takes on human nature. He comes not, in the first instance, to judge but to save: he dies the death of his people, rises from the grave and, in returning to his heavenly Father, bequeaths the Holy Spirit as the down payment and guarantee of the ultimate gift he has secured for them—an eternity of bliss in the presence of God himself, in a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

If your not into the whole afterlife and god is all loving parts of the religion and mainly want to focus on the philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth I highly recommend the Jefferson Bible.

Many christian are bible-thumper's and just overall brainwashed but others are just keeping the faith.
Good luck and god bless.

Attached: Christ.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Shamanism.

Jesus. There is true freedom in what he taught. He was all about showing people the Father. His wisdom rustled the jimmies of corrupted, and hypocritical leaders of his time and place. He put the truth above even his own sense of self preservation. Jesus is truly the way to God. I say this with every small shred of decency that hasn't been stolen from me by the world. Jesus is our only hope.

Attached: 20170810_014725.jpg (402x402, 158K)

Deism is like anarchy: it is a transitional phase that brainlets pretend is the final solution.

Calvinism is stupid above measure. You don't trust the word of the Bible, but the writings of Calvin. All five points of the stupid tulip are false.

>1 Corinthians 13 King James Version (KJV)
>13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
>
>2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
>
>3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
>
>4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
>
>5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
>
>6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
>
>7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
>
>8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
>
>9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
>
>10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
>
>11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
>
>12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
>
>13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Calvinism or Catholicism/Orthodoxy are probably the best.

My biggest problem with Calvinism is the decentralized nature of it makes it less effective at resisting poz. Catholic western countries are typically less degenerate than protestant ones for this very reason.

The emphasis on hierarchy is also better in Catholicism/Orthodoxy than Calvinism.

Predestination is very logically consistent however and hardcore Calvinists are typically excellent. See SPG or Boers for good examples.

THIS ALIEN RACE AGHHHHHH MAY THEIR THICK HEADS BE DISINTEGRATED IN HOT STEAMING MIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the good strife i have striven, the course i have finished, the faith i have kept.

this shit is fucking bullshit. Some retarded old christkike came up to me while I was driving out of a parking lot asking me for donations to some christkike church. Fuck off retard I wish mods would do there fucking jobs.

islam is the most redpilled religion
white islam is needed

Attached: islam is the way.png (595x555, 311K)

>What religion is best?
The one that brings you closer to God, Christianity (Catholicism in particular) for me, but your mileage may vary.

>What Christianity/bible is best?
You've just opened up a nasty can of worms mate, brace for the incoming shitstorm.

You are using pagan symbolism HAHAHA fucking shit

>im angry because some guy asked for money off board
Religion is an important part of politics

What's the difference between Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity? They both follow the new testament right?

They're both wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=ICevOGtsTdE

song related

The right bible? No such thing.

Attached: Religon (58).jpg (670x893, 281K)

Go spin a dog

but this i know with all my heart
his wounds have paid my randsom

>what is Roman's 8

Theological differences are very minor between the two. Key is that Orthodoxy is more compatible with ethno-nationalism in the sense that they have sort of national churches, but on the down side it's not really established at all in the english-speaking world and many of the churches suffer from significant corrupt due to Communist-era persecution.

Attached: 20170810_014636.jpg (480x330, 81K)

Actually I dont care that some christkike retard asked me for money thats what all christians want anyway. I was actually making a joke about how I should create threads asking people about stupid shit as well. This board is fucking dog shit and mods wont delete stupid shit threads like these. If anything this thread is a bait thread to get people discussing christianity. What I should have created a thread specifically asking WHY DO CHRISTIANS BEG FOR MONEY FROM ME WHILE I WAS DRIVING OUT OF A PARKING LOT IN MY TRUCK?????

Attached: 1506852657984.jpg (903x640, 63K)

Attached: 1513965509145.jpg (960x543, 138K)

Attached: 1512252447135.png (720x543, 245K)

Attached: 1491840637248.png (686x428, 497K)

Attached: 1512852908605.jpg (1440x2536, 497K)

Attached: 1518631447230.jpg (2084x1362, 708K)

Attached: 1510737775269.jpg (2512x1332, 702K)

Attached: 1509686420178.png (720x508, 627K)

>All Christians Are Cucks
archive.is/X8Tqk

>All Christians are Cucks #2
archive.is/iFGqR

>All Christians are Cucks #3
archive.is/J3Y6Z

>All Christians are Cucks #4
archive.is/pBMGf

>All Christians are Cucks #5
renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-3/

>Cucktianity: What Is A Covenant
archive.is/Fdsxo

>Cuck Identity
archive.is/qQPMf

>Cuck Identity #2
archive.is/ICpaJ

>Indoctrination
archive.is/RgZOY

Synagogue of Satan debunked
youtube.com/watch?v=cLU6oms0j4o

Attached: 1509122953112.jpg (3624x2618, 1.75M)

Attached: 1492938682054.jpg (600x931, 56K)

Attached: 1498955170146.jpg (500x682, 209K)

Attached: 1522203843256.jpg (528x400, 43K)

Attached: 1494163997229.jpg (800x521, 161K)

Attached: 1503322334803.png (775x300, 151K)

Attached: 1506832941871.png (775x300, 237K)

Attached: 1499109069130.png (775x300, 244K)

Attached: 1517630072040.png (2028x1576, 653K)

Attached: 1507874928148.jpg (710x623, 142K)

Anyone who follows the five precepts is 100% Buddhist.

-no killing
-no stealing
-no lying
-no drinking
-no cheating on one's spouse

I don't give a fuck what those new age soy boys tell you, if you follow these precepts then you are a brother or sister in dharma and nobody but yourself can take that away from you.

Attached: 1340644_1[1].jpg (630x630, 28K)

Jeez user are you ok

I follow the three laws of the Inca, do not lie, do not steal, do not be lazy.

Jesus is the way to the light if that is where you wish to go.This the only way to be in the light. When I say light I mean the one that is the creator ,god etc. The choice is yours you do not have to part of it you have free will. But there is no other way to get to the heaven described in the bible but the choice is yours . The man Jesus would have like you no matter what you thought of him . He tells you to pray to god not him one one hand . And that he his god in flesh on the other hand know one can explain it to you which means it one can not be true. I go whiit esus

If everyone on earth followed the teachings of Jesus Christ there would be peace on earth tomorrow.

No more war, murder, famine, adultery, usury and greed. As a civilization we would be free to pursue things that would make us greater as a civilization, like curing all disease and exploring the stars.

The problem with christianity in the past is that it has been forced on people. You can’t do that because then you never really know Jesus. The Lord gives you a choice and you have to make it. It’s all up to you now.

>The bible isn't meant to be taken literally

Nope. 1 Corinthians chapter 15, the one chapter in the bible Jordan Peterson will never teach on.

>For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

>Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
>If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

>Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die. Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
>Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Attached: Bryan Denlinger - Not So Fast.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

*tips fedora*

>sell me on your religion

If you wanted the answers you would seek them out yourself. Religion is not to be "sold" to people. Truth is, by definition, exclusive. There is no "best" religion. There is only what is true and what is not. For starters you can begin with Jesus Christ existed, performed signs, was crucified, and then thousands of people began to claim he was raised from the dead enough so that billions of people still believe it +2,000 years later. Take with that what you will.

Cool.

Atheist here, reading the Bible alone is not going to impress you, despite how much christians like to tell themselves that it does. You'll have to read it, then read it again (or rather individual sections more intently) and either read or listen to what other people have said about it and maybe you'll end up accepting it as your Holy Book, otherwise it will just be a neat book to read.
I can recommend the NIV as a start-bible although the KJV people will despise it for reasons you can only care about if you are REALLY into bibles and a certain phrasing or single verse deleted here or there will make you go apeshit.
King James is not a good starter-bible if you want to have any idea what the hell you are reading, it's rather something you can work yourself up to.

*tips fedora

Attached: 1392580538574.png (416x347, 210K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6tsGXlQ2kCY&feature=youtu.be

Watch this

Furthermore some of the most powerful verses in the Bible are the ones stressing the literalness of the bodily resurrection of Gospel.

Titus 1:2
>In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began

John 20:26-31
>And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

>And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 11:25-27
>Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

John 3:16
>For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Attached: noah-s-ark.jpg (1000x636, 151K)

Attached: 26848513-8A51-47AC-9133-B90F86FF001D.jpg (550x543, 92K)

Yours? Nice, can totally relate to that whole "holy shit this is all so fucking bizarre and yet so beautiful at the same time I don't even know where to begin guys" feeling.

readingtheology.com/the-king-and-the-maiden-by-søren-kierkegaard

Have faith, valium withdrawals

Thanks for at least acknowledging that atheism is a faith.

I'm Polish

Truth? Religion has been subverted by satan, all of it, come out of her. Jesus resides in all of us. Love is eternal

Read Thomas Aquinas, Emporer Julian, and Dumezil in that order.
Ave IVPITER OPTIMVS

Just be the better person you can and do what you think is right, if heaven exists you will probaly get in there, if this is not enough you would not have entered anyway.

I like where your head is at

Take the Shia pill

Attached: 6pLWOoy.jpg (1002x564, 124K)

What is truth?

>What ... bible is best?
I like the New World Translation because it's so clear, and full of historical notes and cross references. Entire thing free here: jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/

I'm psychic
You live in Arizona

I'm a wizzard
You go to Arizona state.

Attached: 1521091954170.jpg (694x713, 205K)

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I just liked your video, cunt. You actually did do a good job.

It's amazing!!!!!!!

>I like the New World Translation because it's so clear

You like the New World Translation because it outright adds words that do not exist in the Greek manuscripts to conform to Jehovah's Witness' lunatic doctrines.

The only serious Bible for English speakers is the King James Version.

Job 6:6 (NWT)
>Will tasteless things be eaten without salt, Or is there any taste in the slimy juice of marshmallow?

KJV is the most direct translation from the original languages, don't listen to all these foolish, hell-bound, agnostic/atheists. Repent & Trust in Christ before it's too late. God knows your heart and if you're truly searching for HIM.

Christianity like all Jewish religions are divisive by nature. Take the Shamanistic pill.

thiaoouba.com/seeau.htm

m8
m8 pls
>mallow: a herbaceous plant with hairy stems, pink or purple flowers, and disk-shaped fruit. Several kinds are grown as ornamentals, and some are edible.

Attached: Excerpt.png (674x577, 92K)

there's transliterations but even KJV suffers from a the meaning of words shifting over time.
A good example is 'Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth'
This doesn't mean be a cuck, it means powerful but restrained people will inherit

Wait until I get into the feet symbolism mate
I'll get a webcam for that

Dont forget Ukrainian Greek Catholic lads.

Attached: 622px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sviatoslav_Shevchuk.svg.png (622x800, 290K)

Heh, cheeky! Yeah it's alright I guess. What would be amazing though is if I'd be an Australian posting from Poland myself and we'd just randomly run into each other on Jow Forums, imagine.

Avoid Catholicism and every denomination that came out of it. That includes Protestantism as well.

There is not Trinity, there is no prayer to saints and Mary. Only baotism in Jesus' name and one God. If I were you, I'd go to a Oneness Pentecostal church to get baptised in and then further continue in the faith and preach the gospel to others.

Attached: the-whore-of-babylon.jpg (1826x492, 338K)

You never know brother- stay well- I'm going gym

Cute cunts

Happening rn :

mobile.twitter.com/RosaryMysteries/status/982266164544913409

Predestination is against the message of the Bible and renders it absurd. Only JWs teach the truth of the Bible

Why are Aussies the funniest people - did you need to develop this sense of humor to survive Down Under?

Attached: 1503466727588.jpg (1000x1000, 87K)

this