So California is painting it streets white to "combat" global warming.... At a rate of 40k a mile. Any thoughts?

So California is painting it streets white to "combat" global warming.... At a rate of 40k a mile. Any thoughts?

Attached: Los Angeles painting city streets white in bid to combat climate change | Fox News.png (931x524, 481K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/los-angeles-is-painting-some-of-its-streets-white-and-the-reasons-why-are-pretty-cool/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Any thoughts?
probably cheaper to pant some extra grass, but sure. Whatever works I guess

For up to a 10 degree reduction. It doesn't seem like it's hardly worth the money from a state that's already broke.

its ok to be white

>For up to a 10 degree reduction.
Greetings Jow Forums I am the owner of MAB paints and I just want to say be sure to paint all streets with our luxocoats!

Dam the shit commiefornians believe they really are that dumb to spend that much from a fucking paint salesman.

won't the paint just sooner or later rub off?

My only thoughts are:
>I wonder if they used oil based paint
>I wonder if the manufacture and fumes produced by that paint aren't worse for the environment
>I wonder if this is even true or just satirical

> (OP)
>My only thoughts are:
>>I wonder if they used oil based paint
It's water
>>I wonder if the manufacture and fumes produced by that paint aren't worse for the environment.
They haven't mentioned that in the article. Good point!
>>I wonder if this is even true or just satirical
It's all over, give it a look I thought the same thing. It's ludicrous

with a thick, extra glossy waterproof finish

Yup. Depending on the amount of traffic, The road will have four black streaks in it in six months max. The rest will get dirty over time and will probably defeat whatever purpose they think this serves. Welcome to California.

I agree

Attached: Screenshot_20180223-104230.jpg (1079x1292, 691K)

Ok well now I'm wondering:
>Would water based paint stick properly?
>How will it effect the road surface?

>road painted white
>it rains
>clouds part
>shiny white slick surface
>can’t see lane markers

Can’t wait to get my black tires screeching on that white strip
You were made to be underneath my big black kumhos

How long till someone sues the state over it?

Painting the roses red
We're painting the roses red
We dare not stop or waste a drop
So let the paint be spread

Oh, painting the roses red
And many a tear we shed

Because we know

They'll cease to grow

In fact they'll soon be dead

And yet we go ahead
Painting the roses red

Painting the roses red

Oh, pardon me
But Mister Three
Why must you paint them red

The queen
She likes them red
If she saw white instead
She'd raise her voice
And each of us would quickly lose his head

Since this is the thought we dread

Painting the roses red

Don't tell the queen that's what you've seen
Or tell her what we've said

Yes, painting the roses red

Not pink

Not green

Not aquamarine

also, how will this affect traction? wet day performance? sunny day with light bouncing off the paint and into a drivers eyes?

won't reflection be really bad?

That floating balls thing for shade to reduce evaporation was successful. I'm all for a test run.

but the tires will make it black again

>Any thoughts?
Yes, fuck them. My car taxes went up to help pay for road maintenance and this is the shit they spend it on.

>public workers fund runs out of money for pension plans
>paint the pothole covered roads

ayy lmao

My thought is that I need to start a road painting company ASAP

>paint streets white
>instead of absorbing heat it reflects it into the atmosphere/housing causing more damage
>drivers now have to wear ski-googles to block out the glare
>every time a car leaves tread marks you need to re paint
the fuck are they thinking?

cbsnews.com/news/los-angeles-is-painting-some-of-its-streets-white-and-the-reasons-why-are-pretty-cool/
Y'all are retarded, It's more of addressing that LA gets hot as fuck. Asphalt is like 20 degrees hotter that surrounding areas because it absorbs so much sunlight, and LA is covered by like 80% asphalt. This could lower the temperature significantly in the city which improves living standards. But, the 40,000$ per mile figure is retarded and illustrates why I would never live in LA.

Do it I’ll invest in you

Yeah wouldn't it make more sense to make white tar and test it on roads that need repairs

white power

Officials in Los Angeles have been painting streets white to reduce the effect of urban "heat islands" and combat the effects of climate change.

The LA Street Services began rolling out the project last May, which preliminary testing shows has reduced the temperature of roadways by up to 10 degrees. The project involves applying a light gray coating of the product CoolSeal, made by the company GuardTop.

"CoolSeal is applied like conventional sealcoats to asphalt surfaces to protect and maintain the quality and longevity of the surface," according to the company website. "While most cool pavements on the market are polymer based, CoolSeal is a water-based, asphalt emulsion."

While each coasting could can last up to seven years, they are also pricey, with the estimated cost of $40,000 per mile, the L.A. Daily News reported.

Attached: 1491617425485.gif (324x290, 1.95M)

Exhibit 1

Primitive flyover resident can not understand simple concept as global warming

It's not the worst idea I've ever heard from California.

every day the state blows me away. i think "there's absolutely no way they'll top this" and they do every time. that state is up to its eyeballs in debt and they paint the fucking street. and not only that they paint it fucking white. i genuinely don't know how any sane person can live in that environment.

a bullshit excuse for some politician to pocket alot of money payed out by taxpers

>making the road reflective
California has reached a new level of stupidity

100% retarded.

>$40,000 per mile
unless it's doubling how long the road lasts, that can't be fucking worth it.
leftists have no sense of economy

Criticizes a state up to it's eyeballs in debt while living in a country under a sea of debt.

why not just color new asphalt white?

wouldn't that be more practical?

You know what that means boys.

Attached: Initial-D-Ae86-racing-decals-for-all-scale-model-cars.jpg (1920x1080, 71K)

>BLEACHED

Attached: 1519873461234.png (556x1080, 822K)

Awwww thinking you can stop it by throwing money at it. Fuck off Chad

>sunny day in LA
>time to go for a drive
>road is an unending strip of blinding glare
>driving
>out of the glare, a car appears
>10 feet away
>slam on brakes
>skid on slippery paint into their rear end
>they're stopped because they rear-ended the car ahead
>15 miles of crashed cars ahead
>every single road is like this
>$40k a mile

Attached: 1523256395208.jpg (498x456, 35K)

My fucking eyes!!! Anyone with blue eyes knows what I'm talking about - too much regular concrete and we're blind.

Maybe this is their plan
To blind every blue eyes person out there

following that logic you yourself should be in a sea of debt, because fuck it other entities are in debt right? stay retarded faggot

yeah, in some countries i can't go outside without sunglasses.

better than doing nothing and hoping it gets better magically

People will say this is racist by the end of next week.Thus having them to paint it back.

Do they think the heat will just fly off the earth without heating up any of the air above the roads? This is only going to make things worse. At least with black roads the ground will absorb a lot of the heat.

>Paints road white
>It gets dirty in less than a week
Money well spent.

It starts at the state level. Basic economics, if states we're run properly fed would have to bail out.
>> I understand that federal spending if off the fucking rails

White people painting the street white in the ghetto. How do i donate to this obvious troll?

>spend most of this shithole winter cooped up indoors
>get a job where i drive more
>sun coming out more due to spring
>absolutely fucking blind from the glare off the snow

I should invest in sunglasses before i blind myself for real

60k a mile

I laughed out loud at Big Black Kumhos

at what point do you think the californians will realize their tax dollars are being wasted in front of their eyes and revolt

This

its not a circus everywhere, but at least once a day i am disappointed by our government as well as several people driving or existing in my vicinity.

>paints road white
>it insulates the tarmac
>it gets much hotter and softer and cars and people begin to get stuck in it.

Great plan all around. Is this first grade science they're implementing? Do they not realize that both sides of the white paint will reflect heat?

Too beta, they will buy air if ya tell them its good for ya

Get Costas, great sunglasses

>40k a mile to counteract the fact that you live in a man-made blight upon the earth and are being roasted for it.

I hate my fucking state dude.

Attached: 1368068053034.jpg (500x186, 39K)

this didn't used to be the case - 40 or 50 years ago, it was so completely different... the fuck happened? where'd all these commie degenerates come from?

Racism !

It' not OK for the roads to we white.
Someone must be going to jail

Should sell soy air, oxygen produced by soy plants.
They'll buy it just to virtue signal on twitter

makes sense if you're not stupider than a 7 year old and understand how colors work

What will they do when the streets get all dirty with the tire marks?

And how will the people drive with all the glare on the street???

How the fuck is that going to help at all? Isn't co2 in the atmosphere the reason heat gets trapped on earth? If they're trying to bounce shit off the pavement back in to the atmosphere, wont they just be exacerbating the issue?

I'm a brainlet here.
Is there any truth to this? Enegry doesnt just dissipate when it hits white paint. So it bounces off the street and then goes where?

Attached: 1523218641695.png (581x421, 102K)

isnt it just going to reflect back into the atmosphere and make it worse besides making the roads a go cart slick track in the rain?

Things like this lead me more and more towards believing that when the right is in power the left actually goes out of its way to sabotage the welfare of the country just so people will think they were better.

IT'S TIME TO STOP
Why is California even still a state? Why hasn't the government cut off all funding from this abomination? What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Attached: 2003354.jpg (200x200, 5K)

I don't think it would have that effect. If you have ever noticed that the white painted parts of roads are the last to deteriorate. Although it could be because they are subjected to less traffic.

It's sad Northern Cali is amazing but I wouldn't even visit anymore. Glad I saw it when I did.

>Soysniffers
>plant huffers
>bio freaks

Why not develop white asphalt.

>combat global warming
>not just combating the urban heat island the dumbshits produced by building concrete jungles

AGW is the dumbest shit anyone has ever thought of. Genius in terms of market and emotional/mind manipulation though.

> (OP)
>Things like this lead me more and more towards believing that when the right is in power the left actually goes out of its way to sabotage the welfare of the country just so people will think they were better.

>>seems that way

>reflects heat
Holy shit I disnt think of this
They're causing global warming
Why is a hot road bad anyway?
Don't you want to absorb heat?

why didnt they just tell all home and building owners to paint their roofs white.

Attached: Unknown-1.jpg (278x181, 9K)

"We Must Secure The Existence Of Our Streets And A Future For White Pavement."

California is a massive graft scam. I'm pretty sure that is the single motivation for all this shit. They just take advantage of all these retards who are environmentalists without thinking.

I went to there recently, and totally agree with your position - it's changed so radically over the past 30 years or so... it used to be incredible!

It's futile. You'd have to paint areas of land the size of a country to reflect enough light to cool the Earth by any meaningful amount. You'd end up doing more damage to the environment than good if you did this. This is why hippies with strong opinions backed with little knowledge shouldn't lead governments.

as long as drivers dont get sun glare and crash into each other.

>>That floating balls thing for shade to reduce evaporation was successful
no it wasnt, it raised the temp of the water and killed everything beside some strain of poisonous red algae

Road surface? I couldnt even imagine. Id say in high speed turns if would have an effect but in a straight line or slow turns i doubt it

Isn't reflecting heat back into the atmosphere going to make global warming worse?

Just cruising in mah prius with the ac cranking with my man bun. Heading to a jam sesh brah.

Mecico

Bahaha I missed that, I remember seeing the balls and was beside myself.

LOL

Into the buildings
More ac
More global warming

Don't worry about it.

Part of it is absorbed by the paint and into the road surface beneath it. No material is a perfect thermal reflector afaik. A good deal of it is reflected back up into the air, making the ambient temperature much warmer. It's also important to note that a good deal of the warmth we feel on any given day is radiated from the ground itself. So in winter these roads will be insulated and likely to ice over very easily. On very hot days the tarmac is likely to soften to the point where heavy objects like cars will begin to sink when at rest at stoplights or when parked.

It's absolutely retarded. Someone honestly though the old wive's tale of "black makes you hot, white makes you cool" was absolutely correct. In fact it's much better to wear black on hot days because it won't insulate your body heat and the wind will take it right off your clothes.

Need to meme the fuck out of this

Yeah the blinding glare will probably be a huge problem desu.

Not globally. It will make it much warmer around the roads though.

>paint them white
>they turn black from dirt
>????
>profit
good ol' liberal thinking it seems

Attached: 1501296520847.gif (414x382, 2.82M)

Coming soon to a government mandate near you:

Attached: shsdgfhf.png (634x630, 268K)