Jobs that don’t induce severe depression?

I’ve been in the workforce for around 10 years and I’ve had some major depression during those times. Maybe it’s the field I’m in...maybe it’s sticking to a constant schedule that I hate. Sometimes I’m more productive late at night and just not during 9 to 5 (who came up with those hours). Also, I’m a creative person but unfortunately it’s impossible to live (well not impossible) on soaring rents. My life isn’t bad, I just find the rate race to be really demoralizing. How’d you escape the rat race if you’re not a trust fund baby?

Attached: EE0B4795-4428-41D9-B7B6-A749811B42DA.jpg (2507x1673, 624K)

Rat race* not rate race

tl;dr it's you and your friends and the words you all speak keep each other depressed.
get a constructive hobby that isn't gossip maybe go do charity work.

Tim?
Yeah I hate to use the term wage slave but that's the most accurate term. Society sucks

English teacher in Japan or Poland.

Sounds like it might be time to try a side hustle doing something you like at your pace. I am doing this now and it has helped my depression working for the man. I'm building something that is mine which makes me feel good. I have learned that I'm an entrepreneur at heart and you may learn something like that about yourself.

Were all in the same boat for the most part. Try to find something that will allow you to formulate creative solutions. I kind of like having two part time jobs because I grow weary of going to the same place and seeing the same people day in and day out. Plus I can just quit either job and not take a big hit on income. Good luck user

whats always worked for me is being rich and having rich parents. its a lot of work but being rich really helps.

same boat non, you have condition yourself to be a drone at work, get good enough at your job to go on "auto pilot" that way your mind is free to explore creative ideas, also is correct, dont hang around toxic people that reinforce the negativity. Get a hobby that you get better at as you do it, music, writing, a sport whatever, NOT VIDYA, there is zero accomplishment there and any sense of accomplishment you get from it is as artificial as the game itself. it is not a hobby despite what degenerate gamers say. sitting on ass constantly and only having virtual progress is not a hobby.

if you are a creative person you have to change your perspective, the shitty job is there to fund your passion or at least keep you fed while you develop a craft, it is a means to an end

also id highly suggest eating healthy and exercising on the reg, helps with depression better than meds.

I'm still in the rat race (London) but I love my job and make good money.
What can help with your depression is regular exercise, fresh air, good eating habits, good sleeping habits.
That will give you more energy to pursue a more meaningful calling.

Similar position to you OP. I couldn't take the grind anymore and I quit 2 weeks ago. I felt like my soul was dying. I have about 4 months worth of money to live off of, and in that time I'm hoping to start making money off of 3d art that I've been doing as a hobby for a few years now. So we'll see what happens.

Although I don't suggest quitting unless you have another plan. Just quitting for the sake of laying around all day and doing nothing while your money runs out is dumb.

The cost of living is extremely high these days, that means you have to WORK. Hard, a lot of fucking hours, doing a lot of shit even unrelated to your job and you just have to "figure it out" or they'll find someone who can. The quality of life today in this so called 1st world country is dogshit for most men. God help you if you don't have a STEM degree or connections, because your ass is going to work a lot of hours just to make rent every month. You're going to be running on 4 hours of sleep each night, gas station hot dogs and caffeine. I won't even bring up the dating scene in the US because that is a different topic, but for the average man you'll be coming home to nobody or a fat/chubby monster that refuses to cook and also works many hours.

I'm telling you this as a man, not a day goes by where I do not think about ending it. The dream of having a stable job working 40 - 45 hours a week, having a nice wife and enough money to get a house and have a kid is just not going to happen for most of us.

Fucking faggot

Man, that's sobering.
I'm the first to cheer people and build them up, and encourage them that they need to be the best at what they do (even if it's digging ditches, be the best goddamn ditch digger there is, then establish a ditch digging company etc)
Hope it works out for you and life throws some great opportunities your way - keep your eyes open and don't miss them.

move off grid, start a farm, grow your own food, have a family, be self sufficient

Attached: cabinhouse (1).jpg (780x345, 106K)

demolition job helped me through a lot of personal issues and got a nice workout.
It gets dirty tho so if you're a pussy don't bother

All of these replies are great. Thanks, guys. It looks like a lot of us are in the same boat and not all NEETs who got wealthy from crypto.

It’s just really demoralizing sometimes, as I said. Also the office environment I find to house some of the lamest people I’ve met. I’ve met some great people, too...but for the most part it’s 9 to 5 during the week and beer and golf on the weekend. Not that there’s anything wrong with that but just the level of deep thought/intellectual thought is not there. My mind is always curious all day about these things and I wander off - sometimes it impacts my performance. It’s hard for me to be a drone. I always end up burning out after maybe 2 years at a job and then having to move on to something else. I think I just need to change my perspective and also be more grateful, but at times I just feel very aggravated and alienated in relation to my docile coworkers.

Eat a clean diet and exercise at least 1 hour 5 days a week. Now be like every other faggot on this board and tell me why you can’t do those simple things.

I would maybe be able to stomach the 9-5 lifestyle if I had a wife to come home to and kids. When you're a single guy its just torture, the office banter, the same shit every day, the sports talk, and you're not getting laid at all because you're busy at work and not meeting girls. Its hell.

But that's office work, I've done trade work outside and it was on another level of hell I never will forget. So basically what I'm saying is for a guy like me I'm fucked, and I cannot be a NEET so I have to work...

That sounds normal to me, I've never done the same thing for 2 years.
I always look for interesting projects and share ideas and try to carve out pockets of work that interest me and help my development.
I don' know how applicable that is to you, but try and get more proactive, harness your intellectual curiosity and channel it into stuff that helps your company

Don't worry about depression OP, in a few days your fried body won't even feel a thing. #WW3 #Trump #Syria

My gf works as an insurance broker, I can't believe the amount of work place drama that goes on there. It's like a high school. Women gossiping, everyone is cheating on each other.

My gf just got another girl fired for sexual harassment because the other women kept grabbing her tits (no she wasn't hot).

I work in a research lab and make almost half as much as she does, the amount of professionalism as far as people carry themselves is so much higher.

look for a more mentally stimulating job?

Yea that used to work out when us men had something to at home (loyal, trad wife and 5 kids) to make being the best ditch digger worthwhile. Now it’s either the cock carousel or she will trade up at first chance possible.

Well in burgerland you can't really hop around between careers and projects since health insurance is $300+ a month, our shitty health care system really forces people to be good goys since an accident while uninsured could cost as much as a house, or a brand new car (if you're lucky)

Attached: 20180411_163404.jpg (424x706, 231K)

Right, while you're working she'll get on tinder and invite some guy over as soon as the kids are off to school

I have started a band, we will never be famous or rich from it, we are all too old.
But it gives me a buzz for days after.

It's because 10 years have gone by and nothing's change so your reward system shits itself.
But nevermind goyim! Get the fuck back to work!
You don't want to be a faggot neet do you?

True... but also the toxic culture boys are immersed in since birth. I think these days they all want to be either:
Entrepreneur (but without the hard work, just become CEO by 25)
Anything that will give you an easy ride, e.g. sports
Rapper
Thief
Neet

No one wants to dig ditches or fix pipes anymore

You have to work for something more than a paycheck. Beyond things like a home, land and other necessities you don't need much in the way of material goods. Having a job or at least a hobby that you can be fully involved in is more important than money for Chinese crap.

Jesus...

>toxic culture boys are immersed in since birth.

Attached: You.jpg (750x924, 106K)

I worked as a framer for 5 years
Exercise doesn't do shit for depression if its real and not just meme bullshit
All it did was make me more angry and bitter, so i became more isolated, which made me more depressed
Diet is helpful though, at least you'll have some more energy and a bit of a clearer head

>No one wants to dig ditches or fix pipes anymore
Because unions are so hard to get into, laborers are overworked. They'll work you to the bone for a year and just replace you as soon as you stop being able to give 110%. Easy to do when a job is low skill and there are thousands of people willing to do it

my advice is to find a field in line with your interests. i have a boring desk job, but i work in music which is my passion, and it makes a world of difference. not just bc of the shit i work on, but bc my coworkers and network are all music/arts people. you like food or games or whatever just go work in that field

>and there are thousands of people willing to do it
it's why everyone is overworked and underpaid now; mass immigration is cancer

I'm 27 50K+ in debt for toilet paper.

I have no desire to enter a job market filled with people I can't connect with on any level doing monkey work for the rest of my life to pay for the privilege of living alone

i don't hate these people, i don't have anger in my heart like that, but i sure as fuck don't love them. i have no drive to jump through some faggot's hoops for a paycheck. i worked in a state building once and quit as soon as my miserable cunt of a boss started giving me lip. fuck outta here bro and fuck your tie.

if i had a woman to come home to that's a whole other thing, but as it stands, i'm paying bills to live in the void.

I have a ritual that I find helps cope with the rat race.
>go down to the seediest part of your towns red light district
>find the blackest fattest sluttiest most diseased obese nigger prostitute you can find.
>hire her for her steamy hot chocolate loving
>take her and her massive greasy tits back to the seediest motel room you can find
>make her undress as you sit down and watch
>stand up
>undo your belt
>and thrash the ever loving fuck out of the filthy cunt of a thing.
>leave

My job managing a preschool is utterly stressful and this helps me keep my shit together.

Seconding foreign English teacher

It's a hard reset. You lose your social connections and blackpilled outlook when you move to the new country. I did my stint in China and brought back my 3.14 waifu.

>No one wants to dig ditches or fix pipes anymore
No one wants to do these things because there is nothing else to aspire to. If you have a community that you want to improve and a family that you want to take care of, you will do any work that is available and be content. If your race and people believes it is their destiny to achieve great things, you will be happy to do any part to contribute to that, no matter how small.

However, if you have no identity, no community, and slim chances of getting a family, why bother? We are nothing men from nothing land, and the children growing up now will be even worse. One of the most important things a community can give to a child is a sense of destiny and identity, neither of which are being passed down to the next generation.

Never change Australia, never change

there's no mobility and it feels like giving up.

>I can't connect with on any level doing monkey work for the rest of my life to pay for the privilege of living alone
International feels

Attached: 8f4.jpg (1387x702, 93K)

This is genuinely a well thought out and articulate post.
Underrated

Its pure torture isn't it? You literally have to work or be homeless, and there is zero incentive for guys like us to work. No woman, no kids, no friends, no life outside of work, nothing. Just coming home to an empty apartment, cooking myself food then passing out so I can wake up and do the same shit the next day.

sorry Ivan, happening got cancelled

I was saying similar to my father the other day.
People years ago had a hope they were building a better future for their children.

Why and when and where did that ideal get lost?

>abbos

life ain’t so bad after all

I’ve been telling people that for years and they just look at me weird and continue to be poor

I fantastize about this but I do not have a degree or any teaching qualifications or experience. At this point, i'd be willing to go to somewhere even worse than china. I'd teach english in fucking vietnam or cambodia, I'd fucking teach english in south america with a gun pointed at my head for all I care. The rate race in the US is killing me.

I don't have the time or money to go back to school.

I worked as a laborer for a few years in a large factory making bread. I quit after a diversity hire came onboard... She was a young blackwoman who literally scratched at her scalp under her weave for hours on end, on the production line. She'd touch the bread, no doubt with dandruff under her fingernails (or oil from her scalp if she was wearing her gloves). I'd tell her she needed gloves, and she said she couldn't wear them because of her hair

Tried to complain on numerous occasions, and management actually came down on me for making her uncomfortable. I walked out. She was worth more to them as an easy tax credit despite violating food safety procedures and having no experience or skills beyond a HS diploma

>Jobs that don’t induce severe depression?
Prozac taster

Attached: 1499717839691.gif (576x576, 1.43M)

Work sucks when you're at the bottom rung.

Start a company or work your way up. There's a ton of companies that offer flexible hours

>there's no mobility
100% true

>and it feels like giving up.
Not when it ripped off the many layers of blackpill I picked up being NEET for years. It was a surreal feeling when the people there asked how I was doing when I wasn't running on 100%, or when they consoled me when I told them about some tragedy instead of ignoring me, telling me to man up, or laughing at me like they do in America.

I have a uni degree in an unrelated field, but did pass the Praxis and have 2 years of graduate courses. How hard is this to get into?

Trades. The trade-off is a broken body and mesothelioma

The most deserved digits I've seen in a while.

You are right, and now that I think about it, me doing well is okay (nice life), but I am often unsettled because of the state of the West (coming to pol and reading news doesn't help either)

you moved back to the states right? what are you doing now?

exactly

Nah dawg, that's bullshit. No matter who you are, if you are an able bodied worker in America you have it good. It's not hard to survive, it's not hard to work. Yea, there's hard jobs, but those pay a shitload of money without education because no one wants to do them. If you think you providing for yourself is hard in the wealthiest country in the world is 'hard', you are wrong.
The reason we are miserable isn't because it's so hard, but because it's so easy. Humans evolved to struggle. Toiling in a field all day, going to war all the time just to protect your family, hunting, etc, and you were privileged if you even made it to adolescence without dying from disease. Humans didn't have time to be miserable, and they didn't have the luxury of interacting with no one. You had to be social to survive. Just look at third world countries and see what kind of relationships and interactions they have with their neighbors and community, then compare it to the West.
The problem we have is we live isolating and miserable lives in the West. This is by design, it's not normal. Humans are easier to control in isolation. They feel weak, they feel powerless. Humans engaged in a community feel belonging, engagement, and empowerment. It's why exclusion is the greatest punishment in tribal societies.
Don't take the advice of anyone on this board when it comes to overcoming your misery. No one comes here because they have happy and fulfilling lives, even if they are technically 'successful' in real life. The only solution is a rejection or rebellion against the current system that rules us, nothing more, nothing less.

I've heard stories, bad stories, about some jobs in India and Africa that don't require a degree. Really, it's only a great choice for guys like me who fell for the science degree meme and fell into the NEET blackpill loop. It helped that I had a full ride for crushing the books in high school.

If you're dead set on teaching English, look into applying as black for free tuition maybe?

Are you me from the future? I hope so.

I'm getting a black pill overdose in this thread.

I often think where I will draw the line; I think I would quit if I am forced to work with a tranny

Holy shit im notalone

1. Look up "online TEFL"
2. Wait 2-3 weeks for them to email you with offer
3. Accept offer

Your Praxis cert is a meme for the English teaching scene. However, you might be able to look into some international schools with it.

Im......not alone. Omg first time i ever relate to other ppls

>God help you if you don't have a STEM degree or connections

STEM degrees are now fucking useless in Europe. Enjoy it while you can.

TFW I literally dig ditches

My wife is meeting my family at the moment. We're going back to China at the end of the week. Mind you, I make well over the average Chinese man's salary by teaching English there.

Definitely don't try accounting.

I've been thinking about restarting my late father's home-based PC repair business. He got a lot of good contact in the community, and I've been able to reap some of that. Want to turn it into something that I do more often than "When I need extra money" though

Attached: good question.png (809x597, 429K)

It isn't the job, it's the world. Even bright highschoolers are getting severe depression because the human spirit senses the hamster wheel and knows there's nothing an individual can do anymore to change the course of the world.

Dangerous. Today when people need to fix their PC they mostly just throw it out and buy a new one.

starting out, or?

homesteader

Attached: Homestead Plan.jpg (900x529, 66K)

I started teaching English and now work for myself doing translation and copywriting and live well

Thing is, I don't need to be "special" or anything like that. I'd just like a job that doesn't make me want to kill myself, a decent wife, and enough pay to put a down payment on a small house. If I could get that, I would be happy. But such a mediocre life seems like a pipedream for me.

bruh at least you're working with your hands out in the Real and not playing around with virtual nothings and ephemera in the hamster wheel

Librarian is a pretty good gig. I hate socializing and keeping up with office drama, it's a great little place away from the world.

God speed user, be the best digger out there

checked and good post

Learn to trade futures. Order flow or volume profile+fundamentals, no technical analysis ever.

>TFW I literally dig ditches
yeah man, I dig them too, they're pretty cool daddyo !

I disagree getting good at vidya is a hobby like any other. As long as it entertains you and you enjoy it do what you want

>tfw a Jow Forums thread is giving me ideas

I already have an English degree too. I have no one and nothing here for me. Should I bite the bullet, Jow Forums?

Doesn’t get better towards the top. Just gives you more responsibilities in exchange. I can’t take a vacation without weeks worth of prepping others to do part of my job while I’m gone. Thus haven’t taken more than a day or two off in a couple of years.

bitches love ditches

Your "starting out" wage isn't going to change much with experience. This isn't America where they pay the teachers more to do the same quality job because "experience" and teachers union pressure to do so. They'll just replace you if you ask for a raise.

There are stories, however, of some English teachers applying to Saudi teaching jobs after they accumulate a few decades of experience. These people are said to make great money.

Proven:
>Ramen noodle chef
>Potters
>sushi chef
>other crafts that don't simultaneously destroy your body

ditches don't give you stitches

PCs are getting more expensive to replace than they are to fix. My rates are affordable af, too. Billing more than $100 for any given issue (that I can fix within 2-3 hours) to me just seems extreme, unless its parts replacement.

what about the language barrier?

This, in third year mech eng at a good uni, 2:1 predicted grade, nothing. Don't have the motivation to study anymore, 2.5 years of depression and my Gdad died a few weeks ago. Its fucking pointless, Uni was the biggest mistake of my life. I am probably never going to pay off my uni debt with the interest, the subject doesn't interest me at all, I've wasted 3 years of my life sitting in my room jaded, I can't get a job anywhere.

Yeh, I know what you mean.

I earn decent money and my co-workers are hilarious. We just chat shit all day and get paid well for it. Been in cube world and I prefer digging/construction much more. I am 1000% happier now than I was working at a desk at a huge corporation surrounded by cunty middle aged women.

You know how sometime between 2005 and now, every website in the world somehow declined in quality simultaneously? That it wasn't just one or two websites that went to shit, it was the entire web.

That happened to the world too.

Jews finally figured out how to enslave white people.

Normally whitey revolts against slavery and begins revolutions and insurrections when he is enslaved, making it almost impossible to keep him that way.

But with the work culture, costs of living, and orwellian governments and police states, it's never been easier to turn whitey into a slave. Most of whitey are slaves now. Forced to work simply to survive while seeing no real benefit from his labour beyond simply getting to exist a while longer, exactly as a slave does.

White people everywhere can feel it crushing their soul inside. In a natural state of affairs people would listen to their instinct and stop, but instead we continue to force slavery on each other and ourselves.

Be happy you live in the UK. Here in the US you would be outside in the sun digging with juan and jamal for $8/hr

While your single you need to work twice as hard and save more money. Once you have a gf/wife this won't be possible without negative effects. Focus on YOU and you alone. Good women want men that have their shit together. When you think you have set yourself up right start doing charity on the side. Meet her there. Good luck

That's exactly what I mean. That mediocre life is now the ceiling of your ambitions, and the machinations behind that truth is what the spirit senses, and that's what makes everything so unbearable. It isn't about being special, it's about our human essence being constrained.