WWTG

Waste Water Treatment General
Why haven't you got a job in this field yet? It's all old 50+ dudes who have no idea how they're going to replace themselves
>but i need a degree
Not true, cites pay for your schooling
>but i work with poop
So? Would you rather work with real people?
>but they will test for weed
Nah, they just want you to show up on time and most these jobs are $20+ an hour jobs with full bennies and pensions.
>how do i get in this?
cold call your local waste water treatment plant and ask if they need help, they most likely will due to the stigma of the job

Attached: ind-wastewater-plant-002.jpg (500x375, 45K)

It depends on what you are wanting to do as there are many jobs downstream in the process. From lab technicians to people who have to remove the hardened poop. Its like farming -- most of the people are over the age of 50.

>So? Would you rather work with real people?

lol, but also true

Attached: 1515081787087.png (372x351, 117K)

Lawfag here. OP is correct. I have represented small water systems against the EPA, and the only thing we really had to do to fix shit (besides boil alerts) was find qualified/educated operators. That was like pulling teeth, though. We had to import guys from 100 miles away. And, this "qualification" was like 6 months of minimal training that could be done on the job.

Also, if you can do the wastewater, you can also do the drinking water jobs. It's a lot of the same equipment and training.

I'm interested but what do they do exactly?

I guess you'll have a better chance if you've a background in biochemistry or chemistry engineering

If enough woke purple get jobs they can remove the fluoride jew.

I don't know much about the waste water treatment.

Is there a growing market for engineering and design on the mechanical/systems side of the business?

This has me woke OP
Thanks

This guy is correct, I'm a level 3 operator and got all my training on the job from a cold call.
Test all sorts of different contaminant levels in the effluent of the plant
Not true at all, they'll take damn near anyone interested in the field
We use no fluoride and are 100% opposed to it in the drinking water
Very much so, look up xylem since you're in canada, I made good money off investing in them a few years back

I'll be checking the local one and see if this is BS, wish me luck

>many jobs downstream
Cheeky cunt, for a meme flag; still a dumbass nigger flaggot

Worked summer help at one once. Comfy job, you get over the smell after a few weeks.

Tell them you're willing to do whatever, mow lawns, weed whack. They'll start you at $15+ an hour to test you to see if you keep coming back
The smell doesn't bother you after like two weeks

>would you rather work with real people
Yeah i like working with people so i can socialize at work.

>full bennies
Don't need dental or healthcare im genetically healthy

>pensions
Retirement is degenerate, why would i ever want a pension?

I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell, which could be both good and bad for this. Is their any in-demand sector that this won’t be a nightmarish hellscape?

I called my local plant but they didn't pick up. I'll try again tomorrow.

>full bennies
>”lol who cares I’ll be 18 forever”
I wish I wasn’t as stupid as you at your age.

Work for the state who over see this? You'd only have to run numbers and occasionally
go around to plants to make sure there numbers are kinda right
It's late on east coast time, call around 9 am local
>10 years till full pension
>fuckin idiot

Explain yourself, shill-sama

Attached: 1523319345886.png (490x627, 101K)

Yeah i am 18 and in PERFECT health. Most people my age have had a few surgeries. I'm not some genetic failure who will need a bunch of healthcare done.

Approximate career path and prerequisites?

>prereq
High school
>career
Start at town for $20 an hour with full health, dental, vacation, sick time
transfer to state when you get enough certs
>???
retire

Do u think i can do this in los Angeles?

I'm a coprophile that works at a water treatment plant and love it

AMA

How do we ensure no normies get interested in these types of jobs so more positions are open? We need to secure future jobs here, Jow Forums.

Attached: 1519146614748s.jpg (206x250, 8K)

>smell
Doesn't the smell stick to you then? Bonding with your clothes or perhaps your skin?

I checked local water plants and its pretty good starting out its 13-16 buck an hr and benefits.
Best news is they just opened a bunch of entry postitions last week wish me luck dudes.

Attached: 1518486423693.jpg (964x1020, 112K)

Okay but won’t I be doing smelly work for some time beforehand?

It really sounds like a good idea though. Another worry is that I can’t do much fine work with my hands (like penmanship or mouse+ keyboard) but can otherwise use them fine. Any of that going to hold me back? I can slowly type enough to shitposting on a tablet, or write larger reports with voice-commands, though.

Maybe I'm just used to it, no sluts have complained but I guess they wouldn't
Oh, you'll be doing smelly work to test you to see if you'll stay around and everyone will talk shit to you all day. It's just banter, brush it off and talk shit back. As far as computer work goes, these folk were wowed by my ability to make a spreadsheet and send it to the local environmental state agency, you'll be fine.

It's a job which requires you working with literal shit, the narcissistic normies will never want this job and the associated stigma.

Sigh... I might think on it. Anywhere I can get a better idea of what’s expected of me in my starting position.

Also, I can into spreadsheets, but it is an incredibly long process without fine use of my hands.

Oh, and how much do you make now, and how long have you been with them?

Yea, I'm in the water resources business on a higher end technical area (graduate degree), but I must say that this would be a great job for someone who doesn't want to spend a bunch of money and time in school. You can work almost anywhere, and it's low stress, and minimal direct supervision. It's not going to pay as well, but fuck with a two year technical degree, or even a high school diploma you a job that will never go away.

And just clarify, when I say its not going to pay as well, I mean it won't pay $50 an hour, but you will start at anywhere from $16 to $25.

$26.58 an hour plus once month on call which is 6 hours time and a half for daily rounds sat and sun which only take like an hour a day plus you get $100 for being just on call

I agree, can't out source it and you're always tied into state pensions.

Well...you're happy and doing productive work so I won't insult you today, leaf. That's more than a lot of people can say so I'm happy for you!

Attached: 1520819280952.png (720x644, 31K)

i exclusively use wet wipes that apparently ruin the system.

Doesn't ruin it but costs us more money for removal which we pass back to you.

You're shitting up the economy!!!!

...had to...

If you are still here, what do I say to sound like I’m not a retard when I call? Something better than “can I haz job wif no experience” and less autistic than “would you Diego to take me on as a paid apprentice?”

Call up and ask for the superintendent. Say you're mostly qualified for and interested in lab work but you're willing to do whatever they have on hand to be done to get your foot in the door. Your first few weeks may be bitch grunt work no one wants to do but if you do it and show up, you'll move up quick. Just don't be scared of nothing and do whatever they say without hesitation with obvious safety precautions like gas meters and the like.

I have a class c water and class 2 water and yes definitely everyone is retirement age there actually talks about what the he'll is gonna happen because no one applies.

Never thought I'd see a thread like this. But I'm the chief engineer for one of these thats a CDC site. Make 112$ an hour. But it's really weird. The people are all fucking oddballs man. Stresses me out because I went from being a regular engineer at a hospital where everyone was fun and normal, but only made 43$ an hour.

I’m genuinely interested, but how bad does one smell after work? Is it hard to be rid of?

Attached: 7475F865-0E11-4E13-A8DD-5A57E868F163.gif (403x234, 1.99M)

Yeah it's a weird bunch who end up working at these places but never leave
Actually read the thread before you reply and you see your questions will have already have been answered

You first.

I can say personally it doesn't smell very bad at all unless something gets stuck on stupid or breaks. It smells much better than sewer ejector pits... If that's a good reference for you. But where I am may be different as it's all very controlled and we literally burn our waste water (yes I said burn it's fucking wild)

Civil engineer turned architectural engineer here.

Yeah.

Well I with my experience with industrial glue for fiberglass means anything. Not really. Only way to avoid it is wash often and keep work clothes separate and washed.

Can i do it in LA? I'd imagine there's already beans filling the spots..I have 0 qualifications except a h.s diploma

OP was so triggered he had to start a thread. I'm going to dump some vegetable oil down the toilet in a bit just for your pals in the shit factory!

Yes, I read that YOU get used to the smell, I still have to exist around other people and asking if it lingers for their sake

Not an operator but something I considered doing after finishing a degree. It depends on the day. The first time I went to one it smelled really earthy like soil a few weeks later it smelled like somebody shit themselves was a pretty sharp smell.

Thanks, but I don’t think I have any qualifications for lab work. (I’m absolutely sure I could excel, but qualifications implies fancy paper permission slips)

laugh all the way to the bank then. While they are looing at 10-15 hour jobs like I am for CNAs, I might just go this route and make over 40+k a year.

It's like a cult. I don't want to give too many details , as I could probably lose my job just for posting here. But we have to take a bus into the facility after our security shit in the morning. And there's like these weird rituals and social requirements. For example. Each person getting off the bus does so one at a time. And no one else stands up until the person who last got up, gets off the bus.

Shitposting at it's finest.
+10 points if you are a poo

Uh we all have trucks here and just drive to work, no weird cult shit here but we only have 5 workers at our .6mgd plant, and admittedly small place.

It's hard to explain without telling you where I work. But you have to take a bus to the facility, and it's this old 1950's blue bird bus that's actually blue, but it's immaculate. The government does weird shit I guess for disease research.

Have fun getting shit backed up into your house and having to get your sewer line snaked

This is true. I had an uncle who designed and installed control systems for waste water treatment plants. He did very well. Had his own plane.

Now this is shitposting

Why women don't want to enter this field? It's basically male privilege

Sound pretty benis :DDD

Attached: Facebook_LifeLog_Meme.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

this you never answered the question and just were a shit covered dick about it. how long does the smell linger on you? Do you smell like shit every day after work?

You get used to the smell it don't mean you don't smell like shit to others

Good on you for making chief. I recently left a job as a Project Engineer at a WWTP for a pay raise in the private sector.

Can confirm on the wierd cultyness and people who never ever leave.

No you don't. I collect samples from our effluent and rivers and lakes. Very rarely do I deal with influent. Besides, are you that scared of smelling like grey water, you huge pussy?

Is the pay shit or do you get decent pay? I looked up salary and it seemed like a dead end, wagecucking for shekelstein would net me more.

checked

Attached: ckemagain.jpg (934x625, 60K)

shut up shit skin, your reading comprehension is at the level of a fucking retarded nigger.
>if you don't wanna smell like shit when not at work you are a pussy
I'm not some toe nail collecting neckbeard incel, smelling like shit out of work has a big effect people wanting to be around you.

>what are work clothes and showering?

>what are smells that are hard to wash off

You're already a piece of shit, why complain about the smell?

The fucked up thing is, I was only made chief because I have a bunch of NYC licenses, but most importantly because I have my CFC. Of all things. None of the people working there had the initiative to go out and get a CFC. One of the absolute easiest certifications on the planet. So when I went out there they basically begged me to take the job because they were paying a contractor 10k per day to operate their chiller plant.

Where I was the pay was fair, but it was absolutely a dead end. The only way to move up was if you could possibly take your boss' job when he retired. And I do mean retire, basically noone ever leaves.

I left and really the main reason I did was this.

Gypsys, especially those in Romania aren't allowed to call anyone a piece of shit. Get off Jow Forums and go beg for some booze money.

>And no one else stands up until the person who last got up, gets off the bus
Did you learn this the hard way on your first day?

>tried getting this job years ago
>want to get a waste water operator I position
>show up on a day that's supposedly the worst storm in years in a semi-medium largish town
>auditorium full of people here for the job
>to treat peoples shit
>on a day that supposedly had the worst weather in years

Never tried getting the job after that

For now definitely, but it's a prime candidate for automation.
>tfw I'm developing the sensor pod that will decimate this field

Am Civil Engineer. I would consider it if it wasnt shit pay government work. I do like hydraulics and the environmental side of engineering, but all the jobs are in transportation and construction and all the dosh is in structures. However, I do hate my current job in design. What is mid career salary, OP?

Attached: 1523045329578.jpg (635x722, 369K)

Doubt it, all our automated instruments fail all the time and always have to worked on. Us going out in the field and doing our own work is always faster and cheaper. Besides, there's no way for a computer to deal with a huge influx of snow melt or dealing with septic drivers dumping.

You don't have to get into shit often, unless something breaks. It's *treatment* of wastewater, not sewer pipe maintenance. Most of the water is not turds - it's bathwater and dishwater. Think about it - if you were up to your elbows in shit all the time, you would get cholera and die. I never met one of these guys who even smelled like a fart. They mostly sat around in trucks and dumped bacteria, filter media,and chemicals into tanks and ponds.Pretty fucking easy gig. I'd totally do it if I ever get disbarred

There's always some piece of mech equip that needs maintenance or breaks. Can your sensor pod diagnose and de-rag a pump impeller?

It's like farming? So the entire field of full of people who should have retired 10-20 years ago and have spent the last 40 years doing their best to exclude all young people from the business, including sometimes their own sons?

you'll be losing both arms in a tragic boating accident next summer which is why you won't ever amount to anything like your mother and i have always told you

>if I ever get disbarred
any risk of that, user?

More like /poo/ general.

Attached: Designated Beach.gif (480x270, 3.35M)

Sewer guy here.
Houston has over 45 sewer plants.
Houston has over 400 lift stations.
Each lift station has 3 or more electric pumps.
Each pump has its own controls.
All stations are monitored by wimax.
All sewer plants have 24 hour people.
Over 1 million miles of sewer to keep clean.

Nice thread. Shit stinks. Money is good

On the interview yes... I was given a look of death like I had committed the cardinal sins.... As if I was just supposed to know.

Is it a 9-5 job or do they work shifts?

Not OP, but ime the salaries are government salaries. That means that they are based off of market rates (industry average) for your area. The reason for this is to be fair to the people who have to pay the treatment bills that pay your salary. In practice, however, it means that there is no incentive for you to go "above and beyond". It is not a meritocracy.

Depends on the position. Most plants have 24hr operators and then admin, buildings and grounds or engineering staff that is more 9-5

How easy would it be to poison large metropolitan areas?

Attached: notacopnopolicemanifanyoneisplanningany23424333.png (500x522, 50K)

Any tips on getting. A job in GHA, preferably outside 8?
OP just says call them and you get hired before you say your name, but I would like more info on what to say and what is expected of me.

Not really. I am a real attorney, not some Michael Cohen toady fuckup. The rules of ethics aren't that hard to follow, in any jurisdiction.

If you're activated sludge plant is running correctly, the whole plant will smell like dirt, not shit. Its the lazy fuckers that can turn a plant sideways.