(((Drive Theory))): Instincts don't exist

Drive Theory states that our actions are driven by subconscious urges- which are
innate and unchosen, which we cannot vanquish, only suppress.
The fact is that we are act according to our values- which are consciously chosen.
>but how do we learn to eat and fuck?
By sensory response and/or imitation.
>but we don't choose to breath
That is not action, as one does not choose to breathe- it's autonomous action.

The fact is that we are not born with drives, and that our actions are the result of us acting to achieve our values. Just as you choose to be fat, you choose to be gay.

Attached: fasterLightLiveDarkness.jpg (246x205, 5K)

bump

Yes but we can alter the autonomic nervous system, such as in the instance of martial arts training, to adopt new action into our "without thinking" and automatic set of nerve responses.

This is refreshing, especially compared to the determinism of hierarchies that Jordan Peterson shills for.

In this case, you make a mental reflex. Reflex being the important word.

no. maybe it seems to you that you have a free will, but on a larger scale, EVERYTHING that people do is >driven by subconscious urges.

it's all written in the DNA. genetic differences produce differences in language, culture and religion.

Attached: 1487817838502.jpg (2092x1510, 781K)

So I choose to be Jesus, the Son of Hod?

Subconscious urges could be seen as instincts no?

For example, place a bunny in front of a child, the child has no instinct to attack the animal for food. Place a biscuit in front of the child and the child will fathom it is to be eaten - by exploration which occurs during the oral stage of development.

How many reflexes are the product of cultural indoctrination?

Free will doesn’t exist and we’re just machines fulfilling our value functions.

do what thou wilt

I think the point is that if you control percrption, you can control the goyim

I wish i could have chosen not to have allergies or a lung disease, because both have killed my drive

Thats pretty retarded and anyone who has studied even a small amout of biology will agree.

>>I can't explain it, therefore instinct
>I can't explain it, therefore God

>For example, place a bunny in front of a child, the child has no instinct to attack the animal for food.

Attached: 1135449080608.jpg (468x345, 56K)

W
A
R

I
S

OVER

Attached: flowers.jpg (1120x744, 259K)

lol OK

I think you know what I actually mean but you got me. :)

That's not really eating it. Babies for one have new teeth growing so they chew on everything, secondly the brain uses the mouth to explore at that age. There's some instincts yes, but ultimately the way a child is raised is how it will think and act. I will agree, a lot of people experience things at ages 0-2 that like you said, plays a role in like 9th grade. Stuff like a kid who likes unavailable women because he has abandonment issues with his mother.

>Subconscious urges could be seen as instincts no?

They are mental reflexes, which are learned, perhaps subconsciously.