Why have Americans forgotten the poem written on the Statue of Liberty?

Why have Americans forgotten the poem written on the Statue of Liberty?

>"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
>With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
>Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
>The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
>Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
>I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Attached: the new colossus.jpg (800x1105, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/09/undocumented-immigrants-and-taxes/499604/
heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/40/naturalization
tenthamendmentcenter.com/2010/04/28/immigration-vs-naturalization/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep your Jew poem, and we'll keep our constitution and rule of law.

>poems are more important than laws

It wasn’t written on the Statue of Liberty, it was commissioned for it along with like 50 other poems. It was later put on a placard and placed in the lobby of the statue. Notice in the full poem she states she wants the VIRTUOUS of mankind — why do they always leave this out?

Because it wasn't on there originally and it was put on there by a Jew to make America feel like it needs to take in more "female and child refugees".

That was before we had income tax faggot, how about you abolish it first.

Attached: Federal_taxes_by_type.pdf.jpg (2760x690, 214K)

Nothing in the Constitution says anything about restricting immigration.

1) You're wrong
2) autism storm incoming

If you're going to base policy on shit written on monuments, I prefer what's written on the Georgia Guidestones.

I have a new poem we can use

We're Full

Immigration is an Article 1, Section 8 power, Meme user (which means you're not US).
A fucking statute doesn't overrule the congress' power to pass laws on immigration, and your being wrong about it just shows you can't talk to the issue... meme user.

>Fuck off, we're full, you have to go back
fixed.

> Written by an immigrant
> pro-immigration of trash
Not written by a real American, so I don't care. Also poetry does not set the precedent for law.

Immigration is not enumerated in Article 1 Section 8.

>retarded foreign shill thinks everyone memorized some random crap on a random statue somewhere else

yeah GO FUCK YOURSELF FAGGOT

We're full of xenophobic retards.

>The Congress shall have power ...To establish a uniform rule of naturalization

Do you know what naturalization means? It's not immigration.

I'm not a xenophobes. I'm happy to me other people from strange cultures in the Zoo.

If you want poor and wretched immigrants, then bring them to live in YOUR house and pay for them with YOUR money and send them to school with YOUR young children and sleep in the bedroom next to YOUR wife.

Cucks like you make me sick. You virtue signal from your snowy white suburbs and never once have to live with the disasterous consequences of the policies you support.

If you want diversity and huddled masses, fuck off to a third world shithole. We're full

it's a fucking poem not policy

>Muh retardation is epic. I don't believe the gobbermant has the power to stop me from entering.
Just shut the fuck up.

:)

Show me the text
No it's not, you're thinking of naturalization which isn't the same.

You can take that down now. We’re full.

Why do I need to invite them to my house? There's plenty of landlords and employers willing to rent out apartments to immigrants and hire them for jobs.

>Image search fuck off we're full
>All Australia and USA images

Noice

Attached: IMG_0071.jpg (1241x1426, 235K)

>The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion;

The poem was referring to whites. And I say this as a Chinese man.

the poem was added years and years later by a jew poet fuck off meme flag

I think the MANKIND part is more important. importing animals is never in the constitution

People who come to work and produce goods and services for us aren't "invaders".

We haven''t.

You're on Jow Forums. These idiots are impotent. Trump was elected by old people--not the alt-right. Jow Forums is a containment board filled with worthless, powerless, barely-able-to-drool retards.

>he thinks people walking over an imaginary line is an invasion
Imagine being this much of a small-dicked faggot. You sound like a radical feminst cliaming they've been invaded by the shear presense of cis white males on campus.

Not xenophobia, just taxpayers overburdened with illegal shitskins sucking up welfare, committing crime, destroying our beautiful cities and causing societal dysfunction.

You obviously haven't been properly 'culturally enriched' if you think this is in any way related to 'fearing' others.

Let's curate poems for the trump wall. You can do it Jow Forums

And have you forgotten that the Statue of Liberty points towards Europe?

Fuck off

>years later
We should send the entire commie statue back to france 2 b honest famm

People who enter illegally, work illegally, and don't pay taxes are invaders.

You need to go back Juan

people that come unauthorized are

YOU need to live with the consequences of the policies you support. Otherwise, fuck off.

no trump, no wall, no USA at all

i am more worry about americans forgetting what is written in their constitution.

A poem written by a Zionist Jewish woman on a statue given by French Freemason's that America didn't even want and wasn't going to put up.
Let's base our entire national policy on it.

Underrated

Just because some Jew writes a poem doesn't mean it's public policy.

>>The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
They took it a bit too literally

>he thinks german troops occupying imaginary lines we call poland is an invasion

it depends if you're a judicial activist or an originalist.

Why have you forgotten that wasn't even originally on it?

>t.someone who only reads Jow Forums for news
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/09/undocumented-immigrants-and-taxes/499604/

Because it's a poem, not something relevant, you brainlet.

Attached: IMG_0567.png (800x729, 48K)

Most assistance programs aren't made available to immigrants, especially not undocumented immigrants, dude. Why are xenophobes so ignorant about this issue? The biggest recipients of transfer payments are in fact old white native-born people who rely on social security and medicare.

>filing taxes on stolen SSNs
you're a dumb nigger

originalists would be against immigration laws, the US had an open borders policy for the fist 100 years. And no, the naturalization act bit with free white persons was only about citizenship. We never had migration restrictions until the 1870s and the early ones were just bullshitting against Asians.

Emma Lazarus, who was active in promoting more open immigration, writes a poem and it is put on a plaque at the base. Everyone these days assumes it was a statement of national immigration policy.

It would be like putting a sign on your neighbors front door that says "come in, and help yourself to some food from the fridge."

>he thinks people walking over an imaginary line is an invasion

Which they do after hopping a not so imaginary border wall and avoiding not so imaginary checkpoints.

>Most assistance programs aren't made available to immigrants, especially not undocumented immigrants
they are to their anchor babies
emergency rooms have to treat illegals
public schools have to take illegal kids

if people are going to argue, read these:

heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/40/naturalization

tenthamendmentcenter.com/2010/04/28/immigration-vs-naturalization/

>didnt read the article
the ssn numbers are unmatchable because they dont exist.

Spell correctly please.

>do you know what naturalization means
You should ask yourself that question honey :)

Wrong again kiddo. You obviously do not live in a border state. Tu sabes nada. Now please fuck off and let the grownups talk

the 1964 Act was passed, because "native-born" Americans lacked the drive and/or skill that intelligent "third world" people had.

>what are word filters newfag
>We never had migration restrictions until the 1870s
because we didnt have a problem

I wonder (((who))) decided Americans lacked the skill and drive?

emergency rooms have to STABILIZE undocumented patients, then do not have to treat them further.

the WASPs

>emergency rooms have to STABILIZE undocumented patients
that is not free

I like how nigger OP ignored this point
Why are you faggots so obsessed with open up the borders but not abolishing taxes?

I think you mean two jews and an irishman

>Get a load of this faggot

No /mlp/ is a containment board. /soc/ is a containment board. /lgbt/ is a containment board. This is a board for political discussion but I wouldn't expect a leftty feels idiot who thinks "old people" elected Trump to figure that out.
Not everyone over 29 is old, unless you are literally some undeageb& clueless dickhead.

jews were discriminated against at harvard, yale and princeton,

and the wasp establishment needed talented jews and catholics to manage their feudal system, so in exchange jews and catholics got some privileges and basically outmatched the Episcopalian Wasps.

harvard, yale, and princeton would not exist today had the Wasps not let them in.

then maybe they should be fucking billed, right?

but maybe they are in the emergency room because native-born americans are too lazy to mow their own lawns, too lazy to build their own homes, too lazy to handle their own trash at a price that is far more desirable?

When people quote that poem you should ask them if they want to go back to the immigration policy as it was when it was written

>then maybe they should be fucking billed, right?
no they should be shot as foreign invaders

You mean our immigration policy of no immigration quotas at all? Sounds good to me.

they are not enemy combatants.

more like economic refugees

being in america its only tradition they get shot

cheap labor exists to benefit those who can afford, if you can't afford to hire cheap labor, you are a worthless citizen.

>small-dicked

Why is EVERY leftist obsessed with saying this? Doesn't matter what the issue or argument is, they always talk about their opposition have small dicks - also leftists tend to be disgustingly scatological in general and not in a 'funny' way but in a 'if this were 1940's they would be in an asylum for being anti-social lunatics' way.

>they are not enemy combatants.
>more like economic refugees
so?
they are still invaders

>Muslims
>yearning to breathe free

That's not how it works in reality.
Doesn't Islam literally mean Submission?

Kike graffiti is not a governing doctrine.

no I just have no use for it

Cause you're a kike

they are worth more to america's future, because they are willing to endure hardship for opportunity for their children.

that's more american than some worthless nativist who is uncompetitve, unhelpful, and prejudiced.

worthless nativists are uncompetitve, unhelpful, and prejudiced.

that's why no country wants them.

wait wait wait wait are you saying that not all white people are productive and value to society isnt based on your race or place of birth?

economic migrants are shit tier materialistic people
>that's why no country wants them.
I dont care

>foreign statue espousing liberty and friendship between US and France that got a poem slapped on it which was written by a zionist jew demanding the US government let more bolshevik commie jews into the USA so they could subvert it and turn it into an authoritarian zionist goyim slave war-machine

really makes me think

People who come to work and produce goods and services for us are "invaders". The government, which robs half of the national income every year and incarcerates millions of Americans, is "protecting us".

good, have fun eating roadkill and drinking polluted water

How can a person who died in 1887 be a "Bolshevik commie"? Do you retards ever listen to yourselves?

>People who come to work and produce goods and services for us are "invaders".
yes
>The government, which robs half of the national income every year and incarcerates millions of Americans, is "protecting us".
The reason the government is so shitty is because the descendants of these people can now vote

>good, have fun eating roadkill and drinking polluted water
What does this have to do with immigration?

yeah, those rust belt jobs were just being leased to those communities. they are not entitled to them. those people have to prove their worth to the people who actually create jobs.

>in this thread
>inbred Irish-german american ugly mutts bitching about white immigration
cute