What's Jow Forums's opinion on Buddhism?

What's Jow Forums's opinion on Buddhism?
It's the most peaceful and thus best religion

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-15-13-15-01.png (1280x720, 761K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3eRjPvKnOmQ
tipitaka.net/tipitaka/dhp/verseload.php?verse=005
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0E46ogUjU
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nanking
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not peaceful when threatened
It's a belief system about balance

Buddha was a white man.

Picture related.

Instead of fighting oppression of Buddhists by force, the Buddhists sacrificed themselves so the government would stop the oppression

based

Attached: burma.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Not a religion.
Sage.

>

a scientific approach to understanding our True Nature of Mind and thus alleviate World Suffering

Attached: CORE KYOTO WOODBLOCK BUDDHA.jpg (1623x909, 435K)

Supposed you have a string on a lute. Too loose and it sounds like shit. Too tight and the string snaps.

It's a philosophy that can be used anywhere by anyone.

It's so peaceful it kills muslims

>B-b-ut Islam is a religion of peace

It's Hinduism without the gods. What westerners call Buddhism is a philosophy, not a religion.

He knows de wae, muh bruddas

Shoo shoo, jew

Like the leaf said, it's peaceful unless threatened.

The definition of peaceful, then

Attached: 1492394747111.png (323x241, 134K)

Implying killing to preserve peace is bad
Isn't your country doing the same though?

My interpretation of my buhddist philosophy is simply to make cooperative choices, in ever facit of my life, essentially to eliminate fear from my life

I mean lets keep it 100, the only good muslim is a dead muslim, regardless if you follow a "religion" of peace

>religion
>insinuating any religion is anything but a tool to control people
kys faggot op

It's the real Aryan belief system

Yep sometimes people get what they deserve.

wow good post have an upvote

Attached: activatedalmond.png (209x248, 56K)

Buddhism as you know it is just a meme.
Its like saying "Christianity is peaceful" but there's so many kinds of Christianity and peoples who are christian its not clear what it means in real life.
Real life Buddhism isn't any more peaceful than Christianity in a general sense, it may be even less peaceful on average.
Take Japanese Buddhism, most of our modern traditions grew out of our warring states period. People used Buddhism as a way of assuaging their fears about death and their guilt over killing others, and they were super violent and suicidal for hundreds of years. Does that mean Japanese Buddhism isn't "true Buddhism?"

Read pic related OP.

The imperial japanese in WW2 were often Buddhist, and were explicitly supported by Buddhist religious leaders. It's actually very easy to justify war from a buddhist point of view: if the self does not exist, then short term suffering and gross violation of individual rights is justified if it benefits the greater good. This was the argument the Japanese buddhists made when slaughtering millions of chinamen. They believed they were bringing civilisation to asia, and were justified in bringing horrible suffering in the short term.

Having said this, I do quite like Buddhism and there is certainly a lot of merit to it, it just isnt true that its the most peaceful religion and thus best.

Look up Jainism if you want to know about the true religion of peace. Extremist jains will brush the ground in front of them to avoid trampling small insects.

Attached: zen.jpg (333x499, 29K)

I miss when buddhism was trendy and vapid bitches converted to it because of Richard Gere instead of that being islam.
Instead of child rape gangs and terrorist attacks we got yoga pants and temporary ink tattoos.

Buddha was overweight

Good point. How hard is it for humanity to simply consider others without expecting reward?

Does buddhism have a book/manual/teachings?
If that is so then that's true buddhism.
The same way that you can look at christianity through The Bible and tell who's closer to Jesus teachings. You can surely find violence in The Bible, mostly from God or related as historical events, but the teachings of Jesus are not warmongering at all, they're mostly about peace.

So /ourguy/?

Fucking woke

literally retarded, ego annihilation nonsense. the only good buddhists are bugmen who can't feel anything anymore.

Attached: porglife.jpg (812x852, 134K)

Your nations challenge is to be less parochial and racist, then you will transcend the church and truly become spiritual.

I never implied that

Buddhists should be allowed CCWs and standard cap magazines

They would never hurt a fly but they would kill a whole room full of violent murderers
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3eRjPvKnOmQ

Attached: 268EA011-1C43-4EC1-9BE1-798EDFE08608.jpg (500x496, 123K)

>It's the most peaceful and thus best religion
it is not the most peaceful and if a religion is peaceful then it is a bad religion

Um no? He is literally described as a superman.

Chinamen did not surrender and said they would BTFO Japs right before Nanking

Talk shit get banzaied

Buddha's (and JC's) fundamental law: 'enmity does not cease with enmity, it only ceases with compassion, this is the law, ancient and inviolable.'

Dhammapada 5

tipitaka.net/tipitaka/dhp/verseload.php?verse=005

Japan liberated Asia from european colonialism you white pig

>Buddha was overweight
the fat Buddha is budai , Buddha is a title not a name

but there's so much after "shakya" Buddha it really changes the religion.
Basic Buddhism is escape from endless rebirth through achieving enlightenment.
Mainstream Japanese Buddhism is based on the belief that we are already living AFTER the apocalypse and that enlightenment is no longer attainable. If you put your faith in Amida Buddha, she will make sure your next life is to be reborn into the pure land, a sort of heaven.
You don't have to do anything special to achieve this either, you just have to say the nembutsu 1 time or even have someone else say it for you if you're already dead.
Makes it a great religion for a career soldier who might have to do terrible things and who could die any day.

the japanese are shinto + there is nothing wrong with violance it is part of human life

What? How does stating a fact make me a Jew? You utter retard.

Kek. He fell for the hippy Hollywood version of Buddhism. Chinks are subhumans who would rape an kill entire races without a shred of remorse. They 're just putting on a show of docility to trick gullible folks. I thought Whites would've figured that out by now.

They're currently massacring muzzies in myanmar.
They're alright in my books

kek

>extremist jains will brush the ground in front of them to avoid trampling small insects.
So they just break their limbs. Nice.

>Mainstream Japanese Buddhism is based on the belief that we are already living AFTER the apocalypse and that enlightenment is no longer attainable
Fuck that's heavy.

Attached: 1523606007638.jpg (1200x800, 330K)

>How all Buddhist monks should be
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0e0E46ogUjU

Attached: 95F4267F-E2C0-446F-8480-24575A876CA7.jpg (900x517, 84K)

If you are wise and you know a true enemy, you should not hesitate to defend yourself against him and kill him if necessary

Attached: 895084B4-48AD-48B0-9A90-275468119D98.png (1024x576, 973K)

well yeah but it was from a super violent period, the message is very moderated these days.
That and there's all these weird bullshit cults that pop up always threatening to become more popular than the pure-land schools I was talking about. I don't know anything about them, I think they're super creepy.
Aum Shinrikyo was one of those cults, the psychopaths that commited the Tokyo subway sarin attacks. Aum was an oddball I guess, they were mixing in all this SF technology crap like the stuff Scientologists do. There's a big Jinja near where I live that isn't actually a Jinja, its a center of one of these new cults and I have no idea what they do.

The BTFO of Nanking
>Nanking was highly indefensible topographically.[18] The mostly gently sloping terrain in front of Nanking would make it easy for the attackers to advance on the city, while the Yangtze River behind Nanking would cut off the defenders' retreat.[1
>Though both men publicly declared that they would defend Nanking "to the last man",[21][22] they were aware of their precarious situation
>In order to deny the Japanese invaders any shelter or supplies in this area, Tang adopted a strategy of scorched earth on December 7, ordering all homes and structures in the path of the Japanese within one to two kilometers (1.2 miles) of the city to be incinerated, as well as all homes and structures near roadways within sixteen kilometers
>Burned their own shit
>By December 9 Japan's forces had reached Nanking's last line of defense, the daunting Fukuo Line.[59] At this point General Matsui had a "summons to surrender" drawn up which implored the Chinese to send military envoys to Nanking's Zhongshan Gate to discuss terms for the peaceful occupation of the city, and he then had a Mitsubishi Ki-21 scatter thousands of copies of the message over the city
>Refused to surrender
> "Our army has entered into the final battle to defend Nanking on the Fukuo Line. Each unit shall firmly defend its post with the resolve to either live or die with it. You're not allowed to retreat on your own, causing defense to collapse."
>Over the course of the battle roughly 1,000 Chinese soldiers were shot dead by other members of their own army for attempting to retreat,[73] and on Yuhuatai Japanese soldiers noticed that many Chinese pillboxes were chained from the outside to prevent their occupants from fleeing.
>Chinks literally slaughtered their own people during Nanking
>Soldiers dressed as civilians when they could not retreat
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nanking

Attached: 4D88D6DA-CB0C-4B5B-9553-3D57F0170E15.gif (340x239, 2M)

>The outcome of this war will not be decided at Nanking or in any other big city; it will be decided in the countryside of our vast country and by the inflexible will of our people ... In the end we will wear the enemy down. In time the enemy's military might will count for nothing. I can assure you that the final victory will be ours.
Nanking was literally stubborn Chinks sucking at war and thus desperately mixing civilians with soldiers

It's pretty true

We are in hell and we must all fight our way out

Attached: B1E29F4B-6571-4CE9-B53C-E88815FD5CD6.gif (497x373, 489K)

unironically very hard. specially when your needs arent met

If your needs arent met, why should you care about the well being of those around you?

It's a waste of energy you need to meet your needs

>In South Korea, in 1998, thousands of monks of the Chogye Buddhist order fought each other with fists, rocks, fire-bombs, and clubs, in pitched battles that went on for weeks. They were vying for control of the order, the largest in South Korea, with its annual budget of $9.2 million, its millions of dollars worth of property, and the privilege of appointing 1,700 monks to various offices. The brawls damaged the main Buddhist sanctuaries and left dozens of monks injured, some seriously. The Korean public appeared to disdain both factions, feeling that no matter what side took control, “it would use worshippers’ donations for luxurious houses and expensive cars.”

Jainism is the only religion of peace. It's adherents won't even boil water out of fear it will hurt micro organisms