Why do Americans live in McMansions?

Why do Americans live in McMansions?

Attached: 1523818739775.png (957x607, 889K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usonia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why do shitskins live in teepees, clay huts and shantytowns

Because they are fat

Maybe if you make another thread about it, you'll find out. Oh and sage.

because fuck you you beaner

The same reason yuropoors live in tiny flats

It's what we can afford.

Damn that looks terrible. Give me the 1000 year old studio flat in the downtown of "le historic city" with muslim neighbors

As shitty mansions go that's actually not bad .

Average small business owner here can afford one of these so they get scammed out of their shekels by realtors/builders.

You could have at least used a different image if you were gonna make a new thread. Also, architecture belongs on /his/.

Attached: remodeled house in detroit.jpg (640x480, 166K)

>mutt houses

top kek

Attached: 54376347347.jpg (1426x713, 689K)

whats wrong with the 3 car garage op?
that is more than enough
this. you should see what rich coke dealer gippos build here in HUNGary
it is gold plated and looks like a nigger rappers wet dream.

because not everybody has good taste.

this house is neat. they have some good house threads on /diy/ sometimes too

Attached: 1519800849931.jpg (720x569, 78K)

It's comfy af

>$1.2M
Nah, that's $280k. Tops.
Probably comes on 4 acres of land too.

they don't they live in america

>live in McMansions
live is the wrong word
most of these homes are empty all week long, and even on most week ends.

Attached: 1517199694021.png (934x565, 1.05M)

probably be close to 800k in my area near dc

Because McMansions are as soulless as most of them are, however they aren't made with the depressing grey concrete of brutalism.

Americans should live in a place that don't disturb their well being, that is in communion with nature, Americans should live in Usonian houses.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usonia

Frank Lloyd Wright, for all of his eccentricities, he was RIGHT.

Here's a proper mansion for comparison

Attached: ocku0vwgDK1sppt0x_1280.png (952x605, 1.15M)

They have a big country so land is relatively cheap so they can build large houses.

When i visited America i surprised to see that even Ghetto houses are huge with large gardens. It tricked me at first into thinking everyone was wealthy, but it's because they have so much land.

Also the houses are piss poor quality, practically balsa wood. I dont know why Americans cant use bricks.

yeah no, im not leaving my 100k+ car out in the weather

craftsman /comfy/

>mfw plenty of vacants around my neighborhood that I can pick up for a couple thousand apiece because I live in Appalachia in a city with an awful school district so property is cheap as all get out

I plan to remodel a couple of houses around me as soon as I get a bit more cash. Got a job, just need to save a few thousand. There's a real nice 3-story red brick house a block away that I /think/ is still salvageable, assuming it hasn't been condemned. My ultimate goal is to fix that one up and live in it.

But if I could just pack my shit up and move away, I'd like to live in something like pic related.

Attached: wood house inna woods.jpg (1024x683, 157K)

Because then developers can't make super cheap house on mass.

mcmansionhell.com totally owns rural and suburban retards

Attached: usonia1.jpg (1024x682, 233K)

Sage. Stop attention whoring your threads.

Attached: usonia2.jpg (1680x1267, 450K)

Comfy!!!

Attached: usonia3.jpg (1199x799, 1.53M)

To learn more about this guy and his work, check the 99% invisible episode: Usonia.

Attached: franklloydwright1.jpg (1600x1200, 546K)

I don't think it's that the houses are too large (though they often are too large for their lot size), it's more that they're badly designed. You can live in a big, cheap house that doesn't have stupidly placed, mismatched windows everywhere and pointless shit stuck all over it.

I grew up watching documentaries of american wooden houses being annihilated by tornadoes and just thinking "fucking why"?

I have a house similar to that and I live in Ohio. Only $250k. Never understood cityshits flaunting about how nice it is to live in a big city. You live in a fuckin' turdcloset, and for a chic person you seem okay with roaches. Fucking disgusting.

$500,000 in the UK. Meanwhile you better get your home ready for the new Turkish owners that are coming in.

Attached: uktinyhouse.png (756x558, 782K)

neo-futurism style 60's suburban house

Really nice style.

Cheaper, easier to insulate. Better than that drab shit you guys got.

Impossible there's another house not 5 feet away from it on the right.

>56% house
Burger butthurt ITT

Attached: 1523447031608.jpg (236x291, 9K)

>Better than that drab shit you guys got.
English architecture is great, it's Scotland that's a depressing hellhole

Cute house! Love, love, love!

Attached: cute-simulation-dark-pink-bird-lifelike-small-bird-doll-gift-about-13cm.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 137K)

is that a cuck shed

Just different cultures I think. In Japan they build houses to only last about 20 years then they knock them down. Spirits or some such. Here our houses are built to last like 50 to 100 years. You're an older culture so it makes sense that you have 500 year old houses. Pol makes me want a comfy brick or stone house now though.

Enjoy the fleas

>not wanting to be a slave to 30-year debt futilely trying to maintain a low quality house
what are you, poor?

I don't understand it, either. Wood is a good building material in the northeast where we have harsh winters, but it's stupid as fuck to use wood as your primary building material down south where you have different environmental concerns.

If you're gonna build a house in tornado alley, it should be tornado proof. If you're gonna build a house on the Florida coast, it should be hurricane proof.

For example, pic related was built in Key West, Florida in 1851, in a French colonial style and made out of limestone. It's known as the Ernest Hemingway house, since Hemingway lived there in the 1930s. It has survived every hurricane that has hit the island for over 150 years.

Attached: hemingway house.jpg (2048x1360, 1.25M)

contemporary architecture is nice for houses sometimes.

Attached: contemporary.png (1396x674, 1.86M)

They call them "tiny houses" but ya people literally live in those things it's sad. What does Pol think of pic related? We could play legos in real life. The machine costs like $3,500 and you can print your own lego blocks only brick sized.

Attached: QMR2-40-interlocking-compressed-earth-block-machines.jpg (746x650, 134K)

Not really. Look at the roof. The whole construction is illogical.

American houses are really fuckign weird.

No real Basements.

Houses build out of wood.

The rooms are spereated by Drywall.

Houses on little stilts.

Reinforced concrete works in every region of the world.

Your houses really don't look like they could last 100 years.
It's not even nice wood, just horrible panelling over plaster.

This looks extremely Norwegian or Danish.

oh don't forget the windows. Just single pane and no doal/triple action mechanics

Attached: 546456546546.jpg (741x649, 51K)

This, when europoots complain our houses are too big. Forever keks

Don't worry about it Memeflag, you'll never have one.

Attached: 1413820144_captain-spaulding-zoom.jpg (1252x1800, 897K)

The parts shown is fine. The ones blocked by the trees aren't

>live in NY
>need to save up for years just for down payment
>don't want to buy some shitty poorly put together house

Guess I'm renting my whole life.

Attached: FLW1.jpg (2560x1280, 899K)

400k near me, on .75 acre. It isnt even what I would call a large house. Or is that why its a mcmasion, awful aesthetics and fake mini manse?

Just move to greener and cheaper pastures.

Attached: FLW2.jpg (1024x768, 221K)

Attached: FLW3.jpg (1000x667, 345K)

Attached: FLW4.jpg (1600x1067, 832K)

Woah settle down there Eolus

Attached: greekposting.jpg (400x259, 17K)

nowadays, poured concrete is the only way to go in the SE

Attached: Concrete-House-wall-1.jpg (960x543, 79K)

Look at the roof in the middle. Why is it higher? What does the house look like on the back side?

why do mods allow house threads?

Mutts will excuse this sad arrangement because "muh niggers"

post war english architecture is a cunt hair above shit soviet architecture and you know it.

>Not just buying some empty land, a compressed earth block machine, and building your own house that you then showcase as the demo house for your new business in the home building industry building in durable bricks that will shut these Europeans up once and for all
It's like you like listening to people above and below you have sex and flush the toilet.

Attached: 1280px-Cebhomes.jpg (1280x960, 332K)

Because they are sleeping. Mods and shills go to bed at the same time. At night we post anti-burger threads.

This house is awesome and is undoubtedly in a white neighborhood

>buy McMansion
>punch a hole in it
Just one fit of autismo rage and i could literally tear down an entire house in murica, lol. Here, i punch a wall and just hurt myself, then go cry in a corner.

Attached: 1515619464670.jpg (563x503, 21K)

That shit roof angle that won't handle a snow load

but it's 4 pm here

No it's not.

This house looks like shit though, the mcmansion is infinitely better

A house like this in Canada would cost like 4 million lol

Any american can redpill me about electrical installations in Burgerland?

tacky.

MODDDDDDSSSSSS HELP ME WAHHHHH
Go back to whence you came. I've scanned the thread for over an hour and these architecture threads are the best threads going imo. If politics is downstream from culture then culture is downstream from architecture something the Communists and their brutalism realized decades ago. We're learning a lot about each other by our attitutudes toward the permanence or temporary nature of our buildings. Sorry if you're mad that we're not having the 100th fuck Drumpf Putin BTFO Syria blew blew blew thread there's plenty of other ones you can be in right now.
Here's a nice question I saw in that Mars General why the obsession with domes? Why don't we ever build with domes on Earth but they assume everything will be a dome on Mars? Wouldn't a dome be more material efficient? Are builders just lazy jews?

Every single one of these complaints are bullshit

This we should have another e celeb or mutt thread instead

I can sympathize with people who live in traditional cottage homes and don't want huge places but that is literally a fucking cuck shed, that does not classify as a house, and it's sure as fuck not traditional.

Then 2 posts down is almost the exact same house with a giant driveway but it's good now because it's in Europe somewhere.

This is the shit that gets me. I couldn't justify spending several hundred thousand on a house built with fucking plaster and plywood. Maybe if the house was 30k and in the ghetto, but not in a gated community.

The designers put these tall arches and multiple car garages in the front to make the houses look more impressive than they actually are. It's all a facade. I'd rather have something understated, sturdy, and aesthetic.

If you're printing your own blocks you can build whatever you want. It's like minecraft imagine what some autistic anons couild build in their free time.

Attached: compressedearthblockhome.jpg (290x433, 22K)

>Why do Americans live in McMansions?
Because they're too stupid to build a fallout shelter with their disposable income instead.

Looks like it's built of aluminum or some kind of metal, so the snow should slide off at that angle once it gets heavy. Or at least I would think, idk I don't live there.

Fuck buying a house if I was rich I would build my own mansion 1 brick at a time. Building your own home is the whitest thing a man can do. Prove me wrong Pol.

Attached: autismbricks.jpg (797x511, 64K)

Dis.

He was right, but those are basically impossible to afford for any normal person anymore. I'd love it if people would start building affordable houses in that style again though.

Americans? No, you mean suburban old-money American white liberals and wealthy American rappers.

Yeah, I bet these houses, the wooden ones go for about a grand or so, specially because of the author tax.