John Oliver on US corporate tax. I cant see pol arguing that he is wrong, surprisingly politically neutral for him

John Oliver on US corporate tax. I cant see pol arguing that he is wrong, surprisingly politically neutral for him

youtube.com/watch?v=RKjk0ECXjiQ

Attached: oliverhbo.jpg (800x516, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/
google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/world/apple-taxes-jersey.amp.html
bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18531008
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>This video is not available

Yeah no, all he has said about Trump is proof enough that he cannot be trusted.

Seems like its same for most of commonwealth

Desu, US corporate is pretty fucked

The only fair tax is a sales tax on non essential goods.

/cryptokike/ general

But also, the only things government should provide are police, courts and border security.

Anything this anti-white British cuckold wants I am against.

Holy shit he linked to some nigger complaining about tax on her way to planned parenthood!

shut the fuck up liberal kike.

Give a quick rundown. I won't listen to this cringy Jew

Big corporations pay little to nothing in tax due to loopholes and moving around money overseas, which Trump's tax reform did nothing to stop.

Not using a VPN and or HookTube
>hooktube.com/

that fucking stossel joke... Stossel is a fucking goat.

Fast foreward to 5 minutes

Ok. Yeah, everyone knows that.

What's the best vpn in your opinion?

well it is the current year after all

Jow Forums "it was the jews" edited into an out-of-context clip.

The moment he used a social media post from a cursing black women, the segment lost all credability.

>caring about what this man thinks in 2018

I use PIA for stuff at home.
and I use NordVPN, when on the move and doing stuff for work. I work Freelance.

>defending us corporations
Fuck off and stop talking about shit you dont understand you mongolian fuck

I've been considering affiliate linking a quality vpn on hooktube to offset some cost. I know about nordvpn but which do you think could appeal to normies while still keeping their shit secure?

Without watching the video and reading the OP I had the impression he said something different to what someone could expect of a leftist cuck, but it's the same old.

There was something in those reforms about allowing companies to not pay taxes on some of their money if they brought it back to the US, to help let the US tax it in the future, so it did help somewhat.

'Loophole' is a misleading word to use here, as it just means making use of tax rules and regulations. In many cases, other countries may have lower taxes so the US can't tax a companies money if they keep it in another country. It may feel satisfying to go "well just make them pay taxes anyway", but there's no legal right in many of these instances for the US to tax money it has no access to and is not passing into it. Which means you have to create an environment where it makes practical sense for companies to bring their money in, in other words where it profits the company more to bring that money in.

Low rates broad base. It's what all the economists are saying to do.

The higher the tax the more people try to avoid.

No loophole is the correct terminology.

I don't remember exactly how it works. But they will base their company in Ireland to avoid US taxes. Then they will use a weird loopholes to skirt paying Irish taxes too.

I just looked that up and now they're using a different base country.

google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/world/apple-taxes-jersey.amp.html

>Caring about what this soy thinks, ever.

Attached: ayyy4.png (342x342, 231K)

Probably trying to switch sides

Both PIA and NORD are easy to use. You can download and install their tool to do all the work for you. Or you can setup sockets and custom setting in your network settering propterties.

Pay with Bitcoin is my advice.

He covers that in the video. Google moves the tax to Ireland, then to Jersey (island in English Channel, not New Jersey) then to Bermuda which has a zero corporate tax rate. It gas a special name, double Irish and something I've forgotten.

It was a one time bring back your money thing, but the US taxes that money brought back at very low rates, far below the tax rate of even the new bill. That isn't a long term solution, and one solution he points out wasn't even let out of committee.

>but there's no legal right in many of these instances for the US to tax money it has no access to and is not passing into it
I could fuck off to bumfuck Africa and, as a US citizen, I would still be legally obligated to file income taxes. It's actually kinds of surprising, especially given our weird corporate personhood laws, that nothing similar applies to corporations.

sounds like commie horseshit to me.

Attached: 1498183510469.jpg (261x192, 13K)

the black girl at the start is acting redpilled and asking all the right questions. john has nothing to offer but smug bullshit and zany irony.

john oliver is a satanist snake.

Attached: david-foster-wallace-386378[1].jpg (640x916, 140K)

>literally defending Israels right to take your money,jobs and healthcare

>It gas a special name, double Irish and something I've forgotten.

Double Irish with Dutch Sandwich.. Royalties are not taxed in the Netherlands (never have been) and Ireland makes it possible to move profits to offshore Irish owned companies on tax haven islands with 0 profit tax for businesses.. They take profits on royalties in NL, then move it via Ireland to an Irish owned business in Bermuda or some shit. Dutch tax system makes it possible to take all profits from subsidiary companies to the books of the parent, further streamlining the process.

I wouldnt worry about it, its a pile of shit.

The corporations form their HQ elsewhere so they're considered something like citizens of the other country.

I think you could do something similar, Jimmy Carr got flak for doing such a thing.

bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18531008

He had a trust In New Jersey (we have some lovely tax rates here in the US) being paid instead of himself, so that the money wouldn't be taxed by the Brits. In effect, the US was enjoying having these money within its borders where it could benefit us.

Yeah they despise going with much anything Trump wants.

This is why I actually fucking hate ancaps.

The most pivotal point of their ideology is that business want to be in and thrive in the free market. This isn't the case the bigger companies will get the state to create legislature to protect them and give them more power.

No corporation actually wants a monopoly.

I mean free market***

It isn't a problem that can be solved within the context of globalization, which is why the left complaining about it is retarded. They support all of the policies that make globalization possible, then they complain about the consequences.

If you believe anyone that criticizes the president can’t be trusted. You’re fucked in the head.