Red pill me on the confederate flag...

Red pill me on the confederate flag. I'm from the west so I know absolutely nothing about it other than it's the side that fought for slavery.

Attached: 1518055602048.jpg (1024x645, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/puritans-vs-cavaliers/
youtube.com/watch?v=RVmgUqv8ZcE
civilwarcauses.org/aleck.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The most "confederate flag" wasn't even the flag of the confederacy at any point tho

I wanna nico-nico-lick her ass.

The war wasn't solely about slavery, but instead Northern tariffs that choked Southern commerce, particularly the tariff of 1828.

There's also no sole reason why every state joined the CSA. NC joined because Lincoln tried to force us to supply him troops so not slavery.

And most importantly, the war started because the union wouldn't recognize our legal right to secede and they kept an occupying force in another sovereign nation, which is a clear casus belli.

>fought for slavery.
They fought for state rights. Slavery was not illegal and was a right determined by the state. The abolishment of slavery was not a moral decree. It was an economic decree meant to hurt the south.

It was a battle flag.
Something many dont understand.

>Lincoln wins presidency despite not having a single vote in the south
>Lincoln sends "supplies" to fort Sumter, effectively blockading a major port
>Lincoln doesn't respect succession of southern states despite it being fully legal
>Lincoln doesn't even end slavery in the Union states
>Lincoln never sends the niggers back to africa like he promised, acts like he never said it.

Attached: 1520653322216.jpg (480x360, 16K)

It's like an old version of the rainbow flag.

The design was used on our second flag as well as blood stained banner (in addition to several battle flags), so it isn't as if Southerners made up a flag after the war.

it looks cool on the top of the general lee

People have the rebel flag in the south to honor their ancestors who fought to protect thier land and families. You have to understand that the majority of people who do the work in war arent really in it for some idealogical reason, they are simply sent out to fight.

The other thing it stands for is basically not being bootlickers

it's a flag used by racists who try to claim it's about muh hertiage. But their heritage is literally enslaving niggers so I don't know what the expect us to say. Just admit you want to enslave niggers and stop playing mind games

>fought for slavery

IT'S CALLED STATES RIGHTS, YOU YANKEE FAGGOT.

I don't blame Lincoln, if he saw America today he would have deported those niggers without a second thought.

No one with a confederate flag these days would want to enslave a nigger. More likely it's not wanting to be around any niggers.

They're closeted nigger lovers. Don't fall for the romanticized tall tales of the South.

>Lincoln: "The negro are savage and brutish. After the events in Haiti, it is a definite possibility, nay, an imminent danger that such potential genocides will happen in our own countryside. It is imperative that we expel them from our country, for the sake of our children and theirs."
>South: "No"

Attached: Spurdo_2570cf_5455675.jpg (500x513, 39K)

I blame Lincoln. He could have been less of douche and did what the brits did, and bought them out. He could have done it state by state working his way south until all the niggers were gone.

I wish Nico would bully me

well that last part didn't happen mainly because he got killed

Went to war because they didn't want to give up slavery. Lost but could have won.

It was also a battleflag. If the CSA somehow got backed by France and Great Britain in the Civil War, they would've designed their own flag, if they didn't fall in love with their former banner already

they didnt fight for fucking states rights

but it wasnt solely or even wholly about slavery either

both sides were run by demagogues who convinced their respective populaces that the other side was out to ruin every facet of their lives and would stop at nothing until the other was destroyed. that's it

It's a flag that symbolizes the south. Most people in the south simply sees it as the flag that represents southerners.

buncha fucking traitor judas
lost cause hilly billies cant fucking complete anything

come on, if it was legal you guys would totally enslave niggers down there, don't deny it

Send 'em all back to Africa

Not just states rights tho. Many Southerners started to see the north and South as entirely separate nations with different racial founding stock.

opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/puritans-vs-cavaliers/

He tried to, but the South fought to keep them. Those who sleep with animals deserve to be bitten by fleas

Yeah, a state's right to own slaves. I'm from the fuckin south and I know that.

>Lost but could have won
No way, even whith a southern victory at gettysburg the north would have won due to manpower and industrialisation, after draft the north could conscript and equipt units faster than the confederates could destroy them even in a perfect 100% efficency scenario

The war wasn't about one thing to every state. Robert E Lee didn't even join the CSA because of slavery, so saying that's the most important issue is just stupid.
The fact is that the north and South were fractured culturally enough that war was going to happen due to tariffs, slavery, or general animosity. Pinning it down to one issue is retarded

His party had total power for years afterwards, what stopped them from fulfilling Lincolns dream?

HAHAHAHA FUCK YOU RUSSIAN FAGGOT
/thread

Attached: Femmy Putin.jpg (797x614, 139K)

The south fought for state's rights. Slavery was a minor issue. Almost a non-issue.

It's a flag for losers. Every time you wave it you're conceding that your ancestors were defeated.

Obscurantism like this is retarded. I didn't say that's the only issue. But it is the *central issue*.

That's sort of like saying, "well the colonists didn't really want self governance, they just didn't like how british troops could be quartered in their homes".

Dumb cunt.

State rights encompasses much more than owning slaves.

No, they could have won if they got foreign aid. The loss at gettsyberg killed that possibility though.

thats bullshit, he never intended too in the first place.

In your analogy the slaves would be the quartered solders tho.

Read it again, Jethro.

>>war was cause of states' rights
>yeah to own slaves
Reads: war was cause of states' rights... to own slaves.
I'm sorry you're actually illiterate or descend from carpet baggers but what you said is in fact boiling it down to one issue.

> Obscurantism
>the practice of deliberately preventing the facts or full details of something from becoming known
I might not've known what that word meant, but at least I'm not using it incorrectly like a faggot

>No, they could have won if they got foreign aid
They was blocaded by the Union navy.
And even if they wouldn't only the UK somewhat was willing to support the confederacy on a small scale

>it's the side that fought for slavery.
slavery was legal in both countries

Lincoln wasn't going to regardless. This is one of the biggest misconceptions on Jow Forums that keeps getting spread. Lincoln gave up on moving blacks by the Gettysburg Address and the entire reason Booth shot Lincoln was because in Lincoln's final speech he made it clear he expected whites and blacks to work together in the south.

This is also a major factor. The ideals of the north and the ideals of the south were and to some extent even today still are completely different.

The south's only hope was for a Vietnam style situation where the north just lost morale to bother fighting anymore and there were some spots where they were close to giving up in that way. Losing Gettysburg though was the end of the north even remotely considering giving up though.

>they didnt fight for fucking states rights
They fought because pluralistic democracy is retarded and doomed to failure

Freemason psyop just like your anime girl throwing up devil horns

A John Deere performs more work and requires less maintenance.

Google Albert Pike

Google Sephardi Jews as southern elite

The South would've been heavily influenced by European Powers, desu. The French and English realized that the US was quickly transforming into a competing global player, and needed the CSA to become independent to cut them down to size. That's why Lincoln outlawed slavery, so the French and English couldn't intervene in the US Civil War, lest they be accused as hypocrites by their own countrymen

The South had superior leaders too, compared to the North. Had they stopped recklessly fighting in the frontlines like a bunch of Yahoos, getting picked off by snipers, then they could have actually had the organization to repel Union forces and actually push forward into Northern land

The south is every bit as kiked as the north

well they didn't teach you anything than. that is the battle flag of the confederate states of america. they were well within their rights to remove themselves from a body which they determined did not have their best interests in mind. and ever since then DC has made sure its kept all insurrection only coming from their direction.
so you ask what that flag is, i say its the last flag that stood up to the bullshit in DC and they still weren't given a fair shake at having their views. they were attacked, just like the authoritarian left is doing now. you'll take your freedom and like it, no matter how much restriction and lack of freedom is included in that package of said freedom.....

>Using it incorrectly

Here's an example:
>Slavery the central inciting disagreement that lead to the conflict.
>Or... in other words... the state's right to own slaves
>Occurs in the setting of other real, albeit minor contributors to succession

>someone points out slavery was the primary cause of the war
>"n-n-noo it was a bunch of stuff, like tariffs. Not just slaves"

Nigger that's obscurantism.

Just own it. It was about slavery. And in my opinion I SUPPORT the right to own niggers as slaves. Bunch of cucked faggots trying to ignore why our ancestors fought. Who's the carpet bagger here, exactly?

>nico from love live is a freemason psyop
you boomers just keep on posting more and more ridiculous shit

Attached: image (4).jpg (128x121, 7K)

>The south is every bit as kiked as the north
The south at least kept some of their culture
North might as well be a foreign country

Attached: 1418534196493 (8).jpg (1206x681, 85K)

Resembling Scotland's flag and Andrew's cross, ironically was switched from George's cross to the star embedded diagonal "x" after a jew asked that a single religion's flag not be the flag for the whole country. Definitely a symbol of whites in the south and one America shouldn't forget

Attached: 1494942496699.png (1080x720, 14K)

>only the UK somewhat was willing to support the confederacy on a small scale
The British and French were literally sharpening their bayonets to help the Confederates. That's why Lincoln issued the Gettysburg Address at such an effective manner

>Scottish flag

Yeah because SCOTTISH RITE MASONRY

>>Or... in other words... the state's right to own slaves
But Union states had the right to own slaves

yeah but do you really wanna spend your day in the hot sun driving it around, or do you want your slave to do it for you while you sit on the porch and enjoy some sweet tea with the family

>changing your flag literally because the jews didnt like it
how cucked are you southerners

Because FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM

"Freedom" from God aka Satan worship

Just like the rest of America

I figured it was because of respect for the Founding Fathers' Seperation of Church and State

It could have been the future of America if the eurocucks didn’t pussy out and not help the south. The Africans would have eventually been sent back to Africa. We wouldn’t be living in the cucked world we live in today

>Seperation of Church and State
not in the constitution

You have to read it in Mel Gibson's voice

Attached: xMZMz.gif (500x200, 656K)

Yes, although a lot of protestant Gaelics and Anglos still venerate Andrew for his crucifiction and deeds.

Attached: 102-770x1024.jpg (770x1024, 203K)

Maryland and Delaware, yes. But a central issue in Lincolns platform was a federal ban.

Its all about values my nigga

And yet men like Thomas Jefferson made it very clear the first amendment ensures the separation of church and state.

So you dont think the colonists wanted self rule, they were just mad about the quartered troops?

>But a central issue in Lincolns platform was a federal ban.
citation needed

It's all about values my nigga

It's a paraphrased expression of the 1st Amendment, coined by Thomas Jefferson

They why didnt they challenge Connecticut's law instead of writing some butthurt letter?

>Red pill me on
MODS

also its arguably even more repulsive than your current flag
picrel is the only good flag you ever had

Attached: Bonnie Blue flag.png (1280x853, 14K)

do you have a minute?
youtube.com/watch?v=RVmgUqv8ZcE

>paraphrased expression
dont do this

Attached: 785a32399bc1ef568ed67bbc5fbc953e--high-school-history-history-books.jpg (720x960, 106K)

The Confederate flag should be outlawed when it comes to anything state, federal, government related.
It is literally a flag of rebellion that was crushed by the victors, ie, the current United States.
>t. a lifelong resident of the deep south

Say what those rights were already.

Federal sure but state is fine.

>to anything state,
The men that died under that flag were loyal to their states
the feds can go fuck themselves

You dumb nigger. Lemme break the metaphor down for you.

Self-rule = slavery (the central issue)

Tariffs, north south social tensions, dissolution of the democratic party, etc = quartering troops, taxation on tea (secondary, but contributory issues)

civilwarcauses.org/aleck.htm

God damn. Ya'll can't just accept what the war was about meanwhile I do and wish the outcome were different. Look how much shittier the country is now that the fucking niggers aren't in their social station? Lincoln would be eating his shit-covered crow if he saw what "freeing the negro" would do to america today.

Stop being cucks on your southern heritage.

To leave the Union

>They chose to secede from the Union for the right to secede from the Union.

You gotta remember to breathe, boy?

>Do the people of the South really entertain fears that a Republican administration would, directly or indirectly, interfere with their slaves, or with them, about their slaves? If they do, I wish to assure you, as once a friend, and still, I hope, not an enemy, that there is no cause for such fears.

>Stop being cucks on your southern heritage.
My family is from Delaware and fought for the Union

They fought to no longer be a part of the Union

Attached: cuck.jpg (869x531, 111K)

See pic for instructions on what to do with yourself.

Attached: image.jpg (608x1070, 1.01M)

imho, might makes right.
We, the south, lost. We, the southern states, shouldn't be flying a statement of rebellion.
That being said, I really wish we had won. Lee and Stonewall Jackson are/were my heroes growing up.

Nigger slavery, the tariff, and all the other minor stuff are just a symptom of the central issue, that of federal power. Just as quartering the troops was for the colonists in their fight with crown authority. Following your own argument slavery wasn't the central issue. The power of the feds to impose their will, whatever it might be, was.

Attached: 1500203255494.jpg (350x405, 78K)

Connecticut didn't even make their own constitution until way later on and just used a slightly changed version of their British charter that had the church as a state religion. Aside from that despite Jefferson and Madison making it clear what the first amendment met their opponents fought it and kept them from enforcing it better because there was accusations of them trying to kill Christianity which is completely laughable.

>shouldn't be flying a statement of rebellion.
Why not?
The Feds won the right to keep you in the Union not to force you to like it

It's not like they woke up and said, "oh shit fuck them yanks, let's go free"

Gotta be an issue right? Something to motivate it? I bet if you try real hard you can think of something.

"There are two apparent rudiments to this war. One is Slavery and the other is State Rights. But the latter is only a cover for the former. If Slavery were out of the way there would be no trouble from State Rights.
The war, then, is for Slavery, and nothing else. It is an insane attempt to vindicate by arms the lordship which had been already asserted in debate. With mad-cap audacity it seeks to install this Barbarism as the truest Civilization. Slavery is declared to be the "corner-stone" of the new edifice."

Fuckin yank brainlet. Tryin' to tell a man who's ancestors owned slaves why his ancestors fought a war. Goddamn...

WE ARE A BAND OF BROTHERS

Attached: bonnie blue.png (691x462, 23K)

We lost but that doesn't make us any less southern. Cultural extinction doesn't happen at the point of a sword.

>Connecticut didn't even make their own constitution
Dont see what this has do to with it being illegal under the US constitution

>Madison making it clear what the first amendment
It literally says congress
How does that prevent a state from establishing a church?

all you need to know is that it was the flag of racists who supported slavery

It was actually the original proposed design for the battle flag. It was cut down to a square to save on costs and improved durability.

Attached: The First Battle Flags.jpg (1500x1000, 463K)

>Something to motivate it?
You mean the federal government imposing its will on the states?