Dear athiests of Jow Forums: Where do your morals/ethics from?

Dear athiests of Jow Forums: Where do your morals/ethics from?

Attached: harris.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GcJxRqTs5nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not my dad, that's for sure!

Attached: butnogunslol.png (665x669, 395K)

>inb4 you don't need blah blah blah to believe that blah blah blah

I don't need ethics you fucking moron, I just shitpost on 4chinz all day

Why has no solid physical proof for God's existence surfaced yet even though he's been answering prayers and performing miracles for 2000 years? The Bible says God will move mountains on your behalf if you have even a mustard seed's worth of faith. Does your God only answer those prayers which don't leave behind any evidence for people to look at? Lol.

my parents taught me some stuff, my instincts motivate me, other stuff I've developed later to deal with more complicated moral questions

Oh you meant, "how do I KNOW, beyond any doubt, that murder is WRONG?!?!"

I don't, what a pointless question. I don't want to be murdered. I don't want to see anybody murdered. I have a gun to prevent myself and my loved ones from being murdered, and I also have my voice to convince my fellow humans not to kill each other. That's all. Nothing metaphysical involved, just intelligent primate social dynamics

Christianity.

Basically 'muh feels'.

Attached: real humean bean.jpg (461x567, 218K)

The innate need for, and recognition of, human solidarity. You could call that ethics if you wish; I think I would.

The fact that most moralistic teachings (don't kill, steal, rape eg) can be found in practically all religions and societies somewhat deflates the notion that any one is divinely revealed morality.

Do you think I could pull off an outfit like that today?

That hat is looking fresh

Also did people forget that humans have existed much longer than religion? Did they think we had no conception that murdering your neighbor causes problems? Morality is much older than religion, by thousands of years

It's hard for normal people to flex like Gravy Dave desu.

>not this shit again
Same place as everyone: a combination of your experience and education.
Christians like to pretend they take their morals from the bible but they always filter it despite considering it sacred. How do they filter the bible? by using their own morals which exist beyond a book.

From my parents?

And with that I welcome you to the X Christianity-bait thread. Please lean back and enjoy yourself in this comfy thread.

Attached: 1522419897038.png (500x501, 80K)

Morals is just a social construct. They change each generation, sometimes even more than once. What was moral in the 50's, beating niggers for example, is now immoral.

Being a slave to morals is a blue pill, each country and culture holds different moral values. The true way is to embrace the universe and the moral of utter chaos.

from Ben Stiller

>The Bible says God will move mountains on your behalf if you have even a mustard seed's worth of faith.

Are you unable to see that it's hyperbole? A mountain won't literally be moved, just like there's no such thing as faith measured by the size of mustard seeds.

Let's say I ask god to provide me with an opportunity. Then an opportunity arises. Is there any way at all that I can present that as evidence to you? No. What you want is god to preform a supernatural feat on earth that many people can be witness of, have zero alternative explanation, be recorded visually, and be scientifically tested.

The desire to generally avoid winning stupid prizes by playing stupid games.

Attached: warred.jpg (1920x1920, 3.8M)

>being this autistic
good lord

Current society norms.

Christianity
Common sense

evolution

Same place as everyone gets their morals/ethics from: Reason.

>b-but I get mine from god

No, you got them from a bunch of primitive Middle Eastern Jews who wrote down fables and parables using their reason to do so. Call me a euphoric fedora tipper, but I'm right,, and you know it.

If this is going to be a "score points for muh laymen-ego" thread then it is a waste of time. How theists meet their burden of justification isn't typically compelling to atheists, and how atheists meet their burden of justification typically isn't compelling to theists. So oneupmanship here is just gay and played out.

From where I stand it seems to me that morality doesn't actually exist out there in the universe but is an emergent property of evolutionary programs. I think the universe is amoral, while morality itself comes down to intuitions/feelings which are rationalized post-hoc.

The complex moral systems we come up with, justify, and expect others to abide by tend to have logical weakpoints (which the adherents obviously explain away, whether theist or atheist) exactly because we are talking about constructed systems.

That said, I'm perfectly happy for people to adopt moral systems that help them to rationalize and abide by the moral intuitions that appear to be harmonious with the kind of society I want to live in. Even if moral nihilism is true, as it appears to be from where I stand, I don't believe most have the will-to-power to appropriately deal with this. So I'm not going to countersignal say Christian morality as long as they aren't being absolute cunts.

This.

There is not a single argument that needs to be made besides this one unless you're too stupid to understand it

Culture, education, empathy, reason. The same place the people who invented Christianity and other religions got their's from.

Atheists and other fools:

You do not live in a universe that has no God, and that has no God given Laws.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you steal your morals from the Law God gave to humanity to show humanity how fallen and depraved it is.

You, atheists and fools alike, know that you are fallen and depraved, and therefore resent the Laws you cannot keep. And then you go one more foolish step and deny the very God who laid out those Laws.

You, atheists and fools, have no objective basis for morality, and do not understand what morality is.

You are all in for a very rude awakening.

From my brain. I'll take my common sense, reasoning and basic decency over anyone's book of jewish fairy tales, every time. Was that suppose to be a hard question? It wasn’t.

Humans had laws and ethics before whatever religion you have chosen to worship was first created by some desert tribes

your common sense derives itself from societies values which comes from Christianity

Parents and general empathy.

yeah they did and they all failed.

we have a successful society because we picked the laws that came from Christianity

>God given Laws.
>Law God
>the Laws

You completely failed to name one, faggot. Besides reddit spacing.

>objective basis for morality

“Objective”, my ass. Stop pretending to be “objective”. You aren’t. No one is more subjective than you thiests.

Typical christian hypocrite: The Bible is the inviolate word of god when I agree with it. The Bible is just a jewish allegory when I don't agree with it.

Things that help are good.

Things that harm are bad.

Everything else is somewhere in between.

Why wouldn't god do something like that. Then everybody would believe. What's the drawback

>muh free will

That's not how free will works. If your wife cheats on you, is she respecting your "free will" to hide it from you so you aren't "forced" to divorce her?

No it doesn't. I do not "turn the other cheek" or follow the retarded Golden Rule. Christian morals are so horrible that even christians don't follow them. Jow Forums christians don't even believe in the Old Testament. How fucked up is that?

>Dear athiests of Jow Forums: Where do your morals/ethics from?

They come from human trial and error in finding modes of behaviour that promote the furtherance of harmony and prosperity of the individuals.

The talking monkeys that have survived and thrived over the last 3 million years were the monkeys capable of learning complex social behaviours. These behaviours would later become memes, norms and taboos once we acquired language and the brains enough to scientifically describe the phenomenon.

OR we could just say that a magic man in the sky made it so because reasons.

That being said, there may well be a creator, but pointing at effective modes of human interaction neither proves or disproves the existence of a creator.

Aethiests are narccisist brainlets.

You can't NOT have a religion. You cannot NOT operate on unprovable assumptions, regardless of your ontology of probability; you have faith in your eyesight to present you an accurate representation upon which to base the next 5 seconds of motor skill decisions while driving, no?

Nature's way. God's plan. What is the difference between those two phrases? Randomness cannot exist in an environment where information is never lost or gained; the word itself implies *your ignorance*, not the "correct" ontological structure or interpretive pattern, which is dependant on the will with respect to goals and utility of the perceived.

Attached: Screenshot_20180415-214223.jpg (1079x799, 555K)

>no God

>no God given Laws

Yes you're seeing a pattern here.

>Whether you want to admit it or not, you steal your morals from the Law God gave to humanity to show humanity how fallen and depraved it is.

Strangely with all our different Gods we came up with similar rules. It's because some very wise men realized they had to tell complete fucking idiots how to be good from an intellectual perspective.

All of these rules came from observed cause and effect. That's how they determined "God's will" to begin with or they would have no fucking clue at all. Do you think all those stories in the bible are just for show? Not every religion has a prophet but they mostly have similar rules.

Books

From being raised properly, education and common sense.
Believing in any sort of biblical god figure is just plain retardation. Like believing in homeopathy or ghosts or any other made up shit, based on lack of knowledge.

Attached: 1523816316417.png (500x303, 67K)

I watched an episode of law and order. There's no reason i could have just learned right and wrong by watching the California niggers in school and just did the opposite.

>he doesn't know socotra came from the aden stargate

Stargate is such a silly way to describe it.

From the intelligence.

>You can't NOT have a religion.
The absolute state of christcucks. My mere existence causes a feedback loop.

Dear theists of Jow Forums : where does your God come from?

Attached: 1510861216551s.jpg (125x124, 3K)

I get mine from the data mine. How about you, Mr 1 Post ID?

Interactions with others. Reading and other artistic mediums that try and convey a decent point. I might not agree with everything but thats how you do.

Cuck

Attached: povetry_rebranded-the_ugly_face_of_overpopulation.png (276x256, 25K)

My morals come from my instincts. My ethics come from books, the same as most theists. I just don't have a book I consider to be so important I do what it says without critical examination.

I am not a christcuck, but you are a fool

They say that people forget his miracles.

If I was God I would make damn sure people knew who I was. If you don't like me what ever I am fucking God. You become wicked and do stupid shit? Well I can just sit back and watch. Thats all he does. He just watches. The faith to move mountains only gives you the will to crumble it yourself.

Pretty much this.

Too many brainlets in here to realise that.

Claiming that you need god for your ethics makes no sense as per the Euthyphro dilemma, which nobody has been able to avoid.

I think a little and decide what I should do.

The same place where yours come from: your own considerations. Also stop posting that piece of shit kike. YOU are guys bowing down to a Jew, not us.

Attached: Christianity.jpg (2504x1670, 668K)

>cuckeeism

Precisely.

Imagine the tribes of Israel looting, raping and killing without a care in the world, reaching Mount Sinai and being told: "we've got some new ideas now guys".

Oh no, it's retarded!

Attached: Evangelicals.webm (574x382, 1.24M)

>Dear athiests of Jow Forums: Where do your morals/ethics from?

Dear Christians of Jow Forums, where's yours?

Attached: Religon (15).jpg (2493x1001, 246K)

>Iceland
I am of disappoint. Go back to the gods of your ancestors and stop bowing down before a kick on a stick. Fucking shameful display! Unless you are an immigrant of course, then you have to go back.

Anything other than "I don't know" is foolish. Otherwise you're claiming to have information none of us can truly be certain we have. That is the actual scientific answer at this point. Any deviation from this is a presumption and a potential falsehood.

>the vatican religion is christian
Are you even American?

Brainlets are slaves of silly moral intuitions, without being able to discern the ones that make sense to follow and the ones that are just an arbitrary judgement coming from natural selection that makes no sense to follow.

As long as no harm is being done, there is nothing "wrong"/"bad" with:

-bestiality
-cannibalism
-incest

There is just a feeling in your tummy that you cannot actually justify. Moral dumbfouding.

Hell is for ever!

Pride in my Nation and people.

the real question is why do Christians need promise of divine reward in order to be good people?

Biological compulsions rationalized. Just like yours.

Hell is for ever!

Wow learn how to spell Atheist you typical uneducated Godfag.

I was raised properly? I dont need a shitty book thats been translated and rewritten numerous times to tell be to treat others like you want to be treated.
Inb4 "but were animals living in a concrete jungle"
Yeah you could fuck over jimmy, but you could also use him later in life.

TED Talk: Moral behavior in animals by Frans de Waal.
youtube.com/watch?v=GcJxRqTs5nk

Morality does exist and scientists are studying it in the lab. This seventeen minute video tells us more about morality than all the holy books, all the religious leaders, all the philosophers and all of the so called "theologists" in the world, combined.

Hell is for ever!

Hell is for ever!

What are your epistomological parameters which separate beliefs and knowledge? How can you claim to know what the contents of another's knowledge consists of?

You realize that if you accept this as true you also have to accept that all people who pray for reasonable things and don't get them are faithless, right?

The muslim think YOU are the one going to hell, and he feels these fee fees in his heart as much as you.

I Fucking Love Reddit

This is what retards actually believe

The US prison population is

Arguably in one sense the reason we have evolved to have moral intuitions against bestiality, cannibalism, and incest are because they are potential vectors of harm.

Every cuckeeist is a coward because he believes that when he closes his eyes for the last time, then that's the end of him. And every coward is a loser, a cuc'k; hence cuckeeist.

Hell is for ever!

from my surroundings
which means my family (first and most important), friends and internet

Unironically this. The progressives and lefties today are the biggest Christians, they simply have no idea.

If you have an objective basis for those statements, I'd love to hear it.

oof

Hell is for ever!

chemicals in my brain as a survival adaptation, you disingenuous cock-sicle

Still not from any sort of god.

Like slavery?

>muh dik

Sure, and today we should judge these actions whether they ACTUALLY bring harm.

If they do, then we can say they are bad things (but not because of the acts themselves).
If they don't, then there is no problem.

People were moral before Christianity.
wat nou

Beliefs are highly disputable. Knowledge is not disputed without evidence that can be shared between all people. Hence you cannot honestly call it knowledge if you cannot prove it. That is the nature of personal experiences of a so called "divine" nature, the evidence cannot be shared between all people.

stupid bait thread

Except the fact that other religions that predate christianity contain very similar moral teachings.

They are a reflection of natural selection. Whether you think moral nihilism follows from that (I don't), it's up to you.

From Cthulu

Attached: cthulu is moral.jpg (1063x752, 118K)

Thanks for your input, ISIS. Fucking cancer

Attached: NIETZSCHED.jpg (524x400, 25K)

Your personal morals don't matter, what matters is that you get punished for crime in your religious wars and staling politics. Words don't matter, deeds do. What also isn't important is people knowing what you done good. Either do good or don't, just don't pretend to be a saint.

Bro, don't doubt a lefty's complete and total ignorance of anything not purely left-wing. Their knowledge of history, culture, society, religion, philosophy, and much more is absolutely pathetic, coming solely from propaganda. It's how they can remain a lefty to begin with.