KONY 2012

Was this the biggest virtue signalling exercise that has ever taken place? Remember how passionate everyone was for...about a week...until the guy started jacking off in the street, and everyone lost interest.

FYI - They stopped a year ago.

Attached: kony-2012-480x345.jpg (1024x736, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xN0CIrd39Bs&app=desktop
youtu.be/p3L3c1v4efE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Allegedly it was a US State Department driven PsyOp to generate public support for a new "Forever War" in Africa.

Interesting...but why stop in that case?

The meme spread like wildfire but not support for a war against armies of child soldiers in order to "liberate" those child soldiers.

So they shut it down and destroyed the credibility of their stooge via Jackin'it in San Diego.

Allegedly.

Attached: kony.jpg (652x7453, 573K)

Interesting. This whole thing always gave me the creeps, what did they drug him with?

Bump for precursor to today's status quo.

Total pay op. I think it all was a exercise

Proud to have been the only one who saw through this shit even though I was a blue pilled fag at that time. This just proves that most people are a bunch of easily brainwashed subhumans.

Back when Zuccbook was actually relevant

Yes, I remember the virtue signalling. Was this the prologue to modern day online slacktivism?

Obama got super pissed when some soyboy decided that he wanted to take matters into his own hands and become a White Space Christ for Africa.

youtube.com/watch?v=xN0CIrd39Bs&app=desktop

Attached: 6EF4BED1-86B5-4276-A25F-2B6E4C2A317D.png (2208x1242, 3.41M)

I might be totally disconnected from the world because I missed out on the whole Kony 2012 thing. Might be cause I lived in Moldavia at the time and the only person in the village with an internet connection was the town rapist and I was reluctant to borrow his computer. The keys were sticky

bless ye user, the video above is a good 30 second summary

Oldfag here.
I was around for the Kony OP.
Ask me anything.

It was a very annoying time to be alive. Suddenly everyone became an SJW overnight before SJWs were even really a thing. It was very odd, and I never got involved as something didn't quite seem right about it.

I remember there was a lot of talk that the organisation behind it were trying to pull some kind of scam and pocket a load of money too.

It was weird af, it literally appeared overnight and they were selling out their shitty merch the next day, the vid missed the mark (it was some lifetime tier bullshit that only appeals to boomers) the guy had his psychotic break. I'm guessing laced coke. Made me paranoid af

I'm sure there were little things here and there, but as far as the online shit goes, this is really the first one I remember that was BIG. It's just so odd how it disappeared as quickly as it came up.

This is a good thing to remind people of every time they get on the "Syria chemical attack" "Holocaust" bandwagons.

I know some dumb broad that got a little nigglett tattoo'd on her shoulder a couple years before this kony crap when it was called invisible children.

A great way to both raise awareness and ruin your body. I'm sure she doesn't regret it.

>The Pentagon reported last week that it was scaling back its decade long mission to hunt Joseph Kony of the Ugandan Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA).

Kony’s fighting force has dwindled to around 100 soldiers operating in small groups in the borderlands of South Sudan, Congo and Central African Republic.

A Trump administration spokesman was quoted in the New York Times saying that the “LRA has never attacked U.S. interests, why do we care… I hear that even the Ugandans are looking to stop searching for him, since they no longer view him as a threat so why do we?”

Interesting

This was in September 2017 btw

> $780 million in American taxpayer resources were in turn wasted.
Same article

Fucking hell that's outrageous. No wonder Americans hate taxes.

At the time it was going down I saw it as a distraction from the Occupy wall st movement and still do . Turn all the people focusing on the banks running the goverment to some war lord in the jungle .
I think it was a scrapped beta test for everything thats happend since BLM Slut Walk Fair Pay Tranny shit . the ruling class was threatened so they needed to create protest movements that were no threat to them .
t. occufag

Attached: kendall-jenner-pepsi-ad-1491402522.png (768x384, 439K)

Bump

Funny you should say this user. One of my mates from uni told me a while back almost exactly this, and he said he looked on google for some SJW search terms, and they all coincidentally started popping up at the time of the Occupy movements.

I've been saying all along that this shit has nothing to do with identity as such, it's more money and class. They're all too wrapped up in their victimhood to acknowledge this now anyway.

it was a scam

interesting other people noticed that was going on at the same time that I was . it all started to become clear to me when that Travon martin stuff started up that was the beginning of the race based devide strategy and its gone on ever since . the fact that so few people can see this gives me little hope for effecting any real change .
its the same with the alt right a completely controled identity group

Attached: jenner3-16ae74e7e70b6b5bc30dbd329dc3e1941d9ecabd-s900-c85.png (775x581, 472K)

Raised more than $30 mil. They pulled a pretty good scam I guess.

I can certainly see it with the left. They can't stop talking about race, sexuality, gender etc., anything that divides people - as far as the 'alt-right' go though - I don't really even know who this term means, as it seems like something of a blanket term applied to anyone who speaks against the 'progressives'.

I'm barely right wing, but I've been called alt-right - and Neo-Nazis have always been there, so why are they getting an edgy new name?

Occupy came SO fucking close to burning the house down. Yahoo email service (at the time largest provider in us) literally censored all emails containing references to the protest when it first started a la chinese government style - before people caught on and called them out and they said it was a coincidental technical glitch. Mayors from major cities met in several conferences to discuss how to shut down the protests and share tips. In cali there was a dude who got shot in the head and put into a coma and nearly died by a police smoke grenade on camera, and people trying to provide medical aid were also shot at with smoke and beanbags. Shit got really fcking crazy that week and to this day i feel that if the guy died it would have galvanized the movement into a full scale uprising.

Definitely was the birth of the SJW movement. They failed to ignore the protest, they failed to shut it down by calling the protestors dumb hippies who "dont even know why theyre protesting" (kek, pic related), they failed to push violence and discredit the protests (undercover cops were caught red handed in teams of 3 inciting riots). They succeeded by coopting the occupy movement by making it about literally everything and anything but wallstreet. People began protesting for every pet issue, it lost steam, before whithering and dying. I was there in zuccotti square, i saw first hand how they used the movements democratic "no leaders, everyone has a voice" idealism to bring the whole thing crashing down.

We were so fucking close Jow Forums. So fucking close. We lost that battle but you bet your fucking ass the war fights on.

Attached: IMG_4113.jpg (400x448, 148K)

>so why are they getting an edgy new name
so all the young white people had a group to line up behind .
this shit has worked out so well I dont see somthing like Occupy wall st ever happening again .

Because everyone thought it was a funny meme instead of taking it seriously like the government wanted them too. So they closed it, now they'll use South Africa as the new warground to start new weapons sales in Africa.

Divide and conquer. OWS must have been so fucking scary for the deepstate because for the first time perhaps ever they were witnessing the left and right put aside their politics and polarization to join forces to organize and protest literally by the hundreds of thousands. It was fucking beautiful while it lasted. Of course in the end the deepstate found a way to fracture the combined spearhead into dozens of harmless confused thrusts - but that protest proved to me in my heart that america is awake, even if pop culture and the media show otherwise.

>We lost that battle but you bet your fucking ass the war fights on

Does it though? I've barely heard a peep about banks since this SJW shit started, or even the '1%' everyone kept going on about (I feel like it's more like the 0.001%).

The only thing I ever hear that is anywhere near this the same kind of thing is literally stormfags on Jow Forums going on about 'kike bankers', which will obviously never go anywhere, as who is going to listen to Nazis when they seemingly blame Jews for anything and everything.

It's sad really, as it was actually a cause that lots of people could have come together to fight, but it has seemingly fallen by the wayside while people argue about whether traps are gay or not.

Occupy almost worked because of the '08 financial crisis. People got fucked hard while big money made off like thieves and nobody was having that shit. The only way we will see another protest movement of its caliber is of we suffer another large scale recession/depression. I can only hope we remember the lessons from occupy just as well as the deepstate does.

if I didn't consider myself "red pilled" at the time, but totally didn't give a shit about kids in Africa and ignored it, was I bluepilled or red pilled?

Attached: image.jpg (639x539, 64K)

brother it was the same at Occupy Bay st in Toronto . the best part about what was happening was the cops like in NY were dropping people off fresh out of jail .
that was part of why people got real disillusioned real fast.

I honestly think Kony was the end of any real form of resistance against the state occupys biggest problem in retrospect was the idea to physically occupy a place it let the goverment implant every type of riffraff into the protesters

the basic message of it is still 100% on point the banks do run the goverment there is no debating that fact .

Trump became president despite litetally every single facet and factor being rigged against him. The corporate candidate clinton lost not because trump was better, but becausd people are sick of money corrupting our country and selling us all out to the so called elites.

To me that is proof that anti-banker/corporate sentiment still lives.

Leftists are literal lemmings, it's amazing how fast that shit went viral and how fast it died out when the leftist kike media stopped pushing it.

Do you remember the "Kony kit" they sold with shirts and stickers in a plastic box?

Yeah but prior to SJW shift in the left they used to be much more anti-bank. Now they don't seem to care about anything other than race and gender issues. I don't see the average leftist ever hardly mention anything else unless it's to contradict Trump. The only issues they feel strongly about outside of Trump is race/gender.This is true at least to the ones I meet in real life.

Remember this meme bullshit?

Attached: 123.jpg (1200x738, 239K)

Unfortunately. I even found an 'unboxing' video. Is there anything people won't make a fucking unboxing video about?

youtu.be/p3L3c1v4efE

I see the physical protest of occupy being why it nearly worked. It put the people, unified as one from all sides of the political spectrum for perhaps the first time ever in our country, against the bankers. Every act to shut the protests down with police action resulted in clashes and civilian casualties which enraged the protestors further and gave it more traction. I said it already but if that one protestor in cali died from the injuries he took from that police grenade to the head - he would have become a martyr. The movement had no leader by design, but a martyr (if i recall correctly he was also a former marine) would have given the movement a figure to fight for. Seeing the police literally kill a protestor to defend corporate interests would have been the tipping point where people would recognize the situation was in effect a life or death scenario where we are all fighting for our lives and the future of our nation.

Next time its attempted, it must have a leader, or a way of ensuring the movement remains strictly on topic. They won not by fighting the movement, but by corrupting it.

people are so fractured now though along the identity based groups that have been created for them . thats the scary thing about 2018 Occupy really must of scared the fuck out of the power structure . look how hard they have pushed every type of division since 2011 .

even here on pol you can see the lemming mentality of the Ebix based Trump supporters the genius of the ruling class convincing a bunch of poor white people that an bankrupt former ny billionaire gives a fuck about them

Attached: 1495463990154s.jpg (249x244, 6K)

The Tea Party was easily coopted by the neocons, and that's why it lasted.
OWS was too big to coopt. So it was wrecked.

Let this be a lesson to both sides that "protesting" and "activism" are obsolete measures that only worked for boomers in the 1960s (who would later go boogey woogey dance and vote in the deep state ).

Rattling our chains only lets the tyrants know we are in them.

Meme warfare, culture jamming, and street art are asymmetric means of warfare that are only just beginning. Trump was only just the beginning (and not the solution, BTW - the office of president is not that powerful).

To war...

?

All the SJW shit was buzzing around colleges for years now, way before OWS. OWS was just one of the first times they were heard in Public.

No, when he started getting naked is when I started getting interested

kek I was a freshman in highschool and supported this for a couple of days until I realized I was bamboozled.
I even made a speed art to "support" it on Youtube that got stolen by 3 other channels

tee hee you'll never catch me

Attached: 1493321526930.gif (128x103, 15K)

Pay attention to the game

Attached: 67E1F516-8307-4AED-859C-A2870057EC56.jpg (1936x1936, 341K)

The left always was the natural home of "pet issues" like that. Anti-banker sentiment i feel was shared equally between left and right - just both sides saw differently how to solve the issue. I think many leftists disillusioned with what happened to the movement ended up getting swept into the ron paul movement. Shit, i was somewhat of a left leaning person back in that time until i too began my support of ron paul.

Another issue is today there is very little moderation. There is only extremism being promoted - this is by design to hyperpolarize the people into opposing camps to fight eachother rather than te bankers. Occupy proved that the extemists on both sides, despite getting the most attention, were the minority. The majority were left or right leaning but more moderate rather than hardliners who wouldnt even shake hands with the other side.

Polarization is how they keep us down. We need to recognize that despite leftists being wrong (in pols opinion) we still need them to win the war. Otherwise we wage war against the leftists instead while the bankers pull the strings on both sides.

kek wow. I had a feeling that dumb meme was being pushed to cover up something but I didn't have any guesses. Whenever something becomes that popular overnight with zero organic growth it's probably an intentional, top-down initiative

>I see the physical protest of occupy being why it nearly worked
as do just the physically Occupying a place for a long period of time gave them their chance to install infiltrators . next time yes we need some kind of leader so the thing does not lose focus like it did in 2011 possibly have flash mobs but in the 10s of thousands no encampments that will fill up with prison over flow and homeless people . I agree people would of gone postal if did die but it was already subverted at that point I fear.

Attached: ob-occupy-wall-street-3.jpg (950x657, 159K)

This. I personally think protest is needed. But you are 100000% correct about "assymetrical warfare" being the key to winning the war. Memes literally stopped clinton from becoming president and ending the fucking world. MEMES. Made by autists in their moms basement, memes were able to defeat every tool in the deepstates practically infinire arsenal.

There will be a day when protest will be needed. But we must be ready. We must use the assymetrical warefare (memes, etc) to help us achieve more support. I believe we already reached critical mass in the sense that too many of us are aware of whats going on. We just need to hasten the process so we can see that shift happen in our lifetimes.

The French flag overlay on fb

Exactly, it’s never the “what” but the “why” you should ask.

fuck the state of the Tea Party even neo cons call themselves part of it now .

sad Occupy never got people in congress but they would of been bought off all the same

Redpill me on Kony 2012

During the 2016 election, whenever politics would come up irl, I'd always tell people I was for Kony 2016 because he got robbed in 2012. It always elicited either a laugh or confusion.

Kony 2012 was a psyop because Jews wanted to steal oil in Uganda or something like that

>The town rapist
Trying to bring back this meme again eh

It was a psyop, but it wasn't actually meant to generate public support, only as a test run for shit like Dead Syria Kid.

Attached: syriankid.jpg (640x427, 261K)

Republicans are always bought off.
Democrats are always for ((rent))

what about the progressive stacking? and im curious because when OWS had a strong leadership in place (white men) with a cohesive message it seemed lie it would really turn into a thing, but like you said they started protesting anything and everything and it ran out of steam really quick

Also the #BringBackOurGirls regarding thr Chibok girls kidnapped by Boko Haram campaign failed despite being huge.

Any others?

I knew it was dumb back then already because I bothered to keep up with african news even as a teenager in highschool back in 2008 and 2009, when he was ALREADY near the end of his relevance, so when the whole circlejerk began in 2012 where this shit was dredged up like it was breaking news I just had to roll my eyes.
Just another case where some serious bullshit happening is part and parcel in Africa and no one cares until it hits the news for whatever reason and you get a week where white people pretend to be all concerned.

Nah nigga they actually needed troops in Uganda for oil. A Geologist probs found something nice and then they needed an excuse to shoot the place up and make sure chinks and ruskies didn't get their paws on whatever mineral deposit/oil they found

He was just a narcissist in a manic state with delusions of grandeur. His meme got huge but still ineffective so given his psychological makeup he was destined to have a breakdown.

And the Tea Party DID actually get people into congress - in a slaughter of the DNC even....

and..... what did they do?

Betray us. That's what they did. That's how it works. That which they can't coopt, they destroy.
It's happening right now.

OWS never had any leadership by design, and for good reason. They wanted the movement to be entirely democratic because that is one of the ideals our nation was founded upon. More importantly, having no leader meant the deepstate could not find ways to discredit and shame the leader to harm the group as a whole. For example, they could paint the leader, an individual, with any negative number of traits (hes a pedo, he hates jews, he likes men, etc etc etc) and equate that picture with the picture of the movement as a whole ("how could you follow a man like THAT!?!"). With no leadership, the deepstate couldnt do this. The protest was made up from people from all walks of life - how could they paint effectively all of america this way without people immedietly regonizing their lies and further pissing the population off?

However, as we learned and were not prepared for - a leaderless movement can fall prey to outside forces pushing and steering it elsewhere. OSW expected the deepstate to fight back with violence (police action) and the deepstate did - this gave OSW more power. The deepstate learned however to simply allow the protests to occur and to pull the police back, while inserting their agents to fracture the movement.

For example in zuccotti park a major theme was "stop stop-and-frisk". A very valid thing to protest - how could you say no to protesting the government shitting on our due process? Not only did they inject "pet issues" into the movement to fracture it, they made sure many of those issues were actually quite valid to protest and agreeable. By the time we caught on it was too late. The deepstate quite literally outmemed OWS using the media to paint them as a ragtag group that was protesting for the sake of protesting rather than protesting fucking WALLSTREET LIKE THE NAME FUCKING SAID. Brilliant move by the deepstate and a lesson we must remember next time - stay the course, focus on the objective.

here you go so you promise to vote with us user ............

its almost impossible to get a person into any position of power that can not be bought off its the same story all over the western world . and the ones that cant have a stroke cancer or car crash

Attached: o-MONEY-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 479K)

> never forget

I remember this well, I knew that it would completely change the public opinion on refugees. The point I kept making to people was simply "What have you been thinking was happening?" - obviously kids had been dying, but this one image seemed to make it 'real' - people are just fucking retarded.

ok so can you address the progressive stacking though

White and gold forever