Jordan Peterson

Why are young white men viewing Jordan Peterson as a father figure?

Attached: Peterson Blade Runner.png (720x480, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RhdEbOzcN1U
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzNEE2Esbc
youtube.com/watch?v=P78Zd8265_k
youtube.com/watch?v=s90NUW4RSJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they're pathetic faggots who look for anyone they can waste money on, just like video game streamers

He gives basic common sense advice that their useless Boomer fathers should have given them in the first place.
Peterson is still a worthless Boomer though.

No their boomer fathers did give them the same advice, they just were too into pokemon and MTV to listen

they're not

He does actually give good advice. Getting men take responsibility of their lives.

probably because their real fathers spend all their time sucking kike dick for shekels

Cuz leftism hasn't anything to offer us.

t. brainlet

t. soyboy who needs a leaf to tell him to make his bed

Because many young western men were raised in an arreligious hoursehold, where the moral advice was given in a subjective and passive manner.

Peterson may be giving much basic bitch advice but,

He is connecting it to a worldview, a worldview that is religious and therefore universal, at least inassofar as it appears.
For young men he is connecting how their individual actions influence the body politic, in a practical and instrumental manner.

Their actions now manner in a grand religious manner and layer with others.

Western men have not been told in a cohesive manner in a long, long while.

Attached: Petrus_Christus_-_Portrait_of_a_Young_Woman_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (1280x1669, 505K)

because he knows how to talk to libs

youtu.be/RhdEbOzcN1U

because single mothers are still a thing

They aren't. That whole father figure thing is a meme. He's an interesting male figure that other young men are trying to emulate.

He's a leftist.

probably because he's one of the few boomers worth a fucking dime (literally, to his patreon supporters, lol). boomer parenting is either something like "be yourself, user" or this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzNEE2Esbc

i'd say peterson is a brilliant clinical psychologist and great at articulating pro-classical liberalism points, but ofc Jow Forumstards don't like any words with the letters "lib" on them, even if classical liberalism is what allowed them to have any fucking thing in the first place.

Because their moms were worthless roasties who kicked out their equally worthless biodads.

/thread

Fine. Want to know? I can only speak for myself.
My own father is an alcoholic - friendly and hard working but never really tried to be a father - he had his heart broken by my mother (when they separated), which took me a while to figure out. But ultimately he was shaken by that and the fact his own father was abusive that his archetypal father instincts were destabilized - i understand this now.

But before i came to understand that, without a father figure in my childhood, teenhood and young-adulthood, i first took advantage of it, then built one inside myself.
The issue, of course, is that i was a child, not a father, so the father i constructed was overly tyrannical and i fell into a deep depression due to not living up to my inflated and brutal standards (for myself).

After wasting my life for years, fantasizing about suicide etc, i realized i wasn't going to do it - my weak excuses that nihilism and hedonism that arose from the depression brought on by failing to meet my own expectations fell short of reality, and i was crushed by its gravity into realizing i needed more.
Following the whole SJW toxic trend as a side interest after GamerGate led me to the popular video by Peterson reasonably explaining why he isn't going to play into the game of the SJW speech-police, and his arguments for doing so stood-out from the others, so i looked into him more.

Then i started watching his lectures.
And slowly his interviews.
Then i started reading about the things he spoke. The philosophy, the psychology, the existential threat of extreme left/right thinking and its destabilizing effect on our world.
I was already out of my depression at this point, but i had been before. This time, however, it felt like i was walking on water, unable to drown - i felt like i had a light inside me. The darkness that drowned me before is now the solid ground i walk on, and it feels good. Because i'm starting to understand.

Not much, but enough.

he did more research on nazis then /pol.

found in his lecture that nazis did not want to win the war.

insted they focused on killing jews and gypsys.

why not make them produce value and send extra soldiers to fight.

So a father figure?

because boomers weren't good parents.

areligious, fatherless, and obsessed with pop culture instead of real culture.

Because gen x'ers were the first generation of soyboys and cucks. Their dads were all at war.

Attached: image.jpg (996x1024, 97K)

Because they grew up without a father, or with an absentee father, or with a manchild father who did not prepare them for the world.

That's not "watching frasier and drinking in his bathroom for 18 years"

>complain about the pussification of white men
>complain when someone tries to stop that

bump

people that feel down because of reading too much /pol should watch hia videos it puts your life in perapective much more then any redpill i seen here

i feel (You), bud

Yes. And he reach the analytical athiests on their own terms

yeah because Jow Forums is too busy complaining about Jews to actually consider praising someone trying to bring about some sort of positive change in the planet. it's either full-on Kike Destroyer 2000 or nothing.

Because they’ve got no one else. This degenerate culture breeds you into being docile and constantly dependent on others. Peterson arrives then eloquently btfo the SJWs who have been carefully “deconstructing” the only things that makes you happy in your pathetic life. Then tells you to sort your shit out in a persuasive way like you’ve always known you should. Peterson isn’t the cure but he’s a step in the right direction. Despite the anti white stuff, I find it especially repugnant when I see a white man feeling sorry for himself. Once you see yourself as a victim then it’s game over, you’re trapped forever.

Attached: 1385300C-BE9B-4795-B001-7A646A040A0B.gif (368x349, 2.53M)

Because he's representing a milquetoast entry-level redpill. Not a problem, so long as they find next-level redpills and not fall into this individualism garbage that he's obsessing over.

Good stuff, my dad never really cared is all, just worked and worked and worked. I had longer conversations with friends fathers than my own, at least he stayed around. The rest of my story is the same as yours. There are shills here that want to push you extremely far right to make some of the truth found here seem stupid by association, and also I fear to really get a far right vs far left fight going as war really is profit for our leaders, they don't care about us in the end it's just a facade.

>No their boomer fathers did give them the same advice, they just were too into pokemon and MTV to listen
back to Q larping boomer swine

Lots of people, of all races, men and women, don't have adequate father figures. They need dads. There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you can eventually 'kill' them and follow your own path.

He was unironically chosen by angels to be the messenger to save the male western population that is deserving.

Because they don't know God the Father.

Attached: image.gif (761x1143, 221K)

Right and pol is to deep in the larp to know sense when they see it

What redpill would you mean by that? Most of the people I've seen criticizing him don't really have a knowledge or understanding of his messages.

You have no clue how right you may be

Attached: jbp_secrets.jpg (792x363, 245K)

I find millenial woes's content to be much more sustantiated in terms of ethics and morality. His vision harkens back to an age that respects the good things in a man and teaches the value of caring and connecting with your kin.

Peterson, however, is in a very self-indulgent individualist ideology that, if you are to take it to its foundations, is completely vacuous and it only represents shitty boomer talk most of us have heard many times already.

>Why are young white men viewing Jordan Peterson as a father figure?
because peterson knows a fool and his money are soon parted so he markets himself in a way that fills a void in men left by our failing culture

Attached: 1460350513132.png (1022x731, 643K)

Essentialism - that there are things which are intrinsic to humans and vary along both individual and group lines. His talks on IQ and personality traits are how someone who isn't (yet) a race realist can start thinking

>Why are young white men viewing Jordan Peterson as a father figure?

Because white men are useless faggots and now that we are going towards true equality, they are panicking now that they can't shoot people and steal their wealth.

I am Indian and I grew up in Canada. I got bullied and made fun of by whites because they had numbers on me. Fought like 4-6 white guys at a time growing up. Now that I am older and have an education, 0 of the white people I knew have a fucking house and like 1-2 went to college or university.

White people rely on advantage like numbers and weaponry, once you equalize the playing field, they need people like Jordan Peterson to tell them to stop shitting their beds.

Have fun growing old and bitter, losers.

Attached: TheEternalIndian.png (447x749, 64K)

Except all of his lectures and videos are free on youtube

Attached: 1508768300811.jpg (820x753, 103K)

T. Got bullied at school, fucking pussy.

Attached: 995E0607-147C-42E0-947A-E9951ACF87FC.jpg (236x228, 25K)

>Fought like 4-6 white guys at a time growing up. Now that I am older and have an education, 0 of the white people I knew have a fucking house and like 1-2 went to college or university.
Lay off the listerine chief fucks his cousin

Attached: 1503372186866.jpg (475x356, 63K)

Because of the destruction of the family unit and a lack of good role models

They have daddy issues and everything he says is news to them.

>he doesnt know patreon exists
Back to plebbit retard

Attached: reddits favorite philosopher.png (1366x768, 458K)

Why are there always 1postbythidID ops who ask questions that are meant to cause division among the userbase instead of allowing open and honest dialogues?

some oc

Attached: peterson.png (1333x750, 2.09M)

That's a thing that seems obvious to anyone in its basic form. Without knowing much about real psychometrics, watching his lectures on personality brought me information that isn't really talked about in race-realism, most of it about IQ, and vague talk of the west being the best.

I agree that he is overly individualistic, and really doesn't go beyond that, but that seems logical from his experience as a personal psychologist, and talking about groups seems much harder to me, and I haven't seen any real good advice about them.

>t. fatherless soyboy commie

I’m ashamed of what we’be become. Hopefully Peterson can set people on the right path, he has all the pieces but you have to put the cabinet together yourself, you know. I expect so much better.

Attached: 09F6454F-78AC-4DF0-98E3-0A6514EFBE9E.jpg (600x739, 205K)

raised by single mothers

BTW, his whole worldview is literally:
> Nature, Society and the Individual
So there is certainly a blind-spot there.

Probably because they didn't have one.

t. projecting fag

Well, about groups, how would you like to approach them? Do you mean in terms of race realism (population statistics, genes, heritability) or ethics and morality?

Because in a way, Peterson does something very similar to the alt-right in that he exposes you to real facts, talks about social ills but instead of group morality, he goes into rabid individualism.

My dad died when I was a kid and my mom is a huge lefty fedora. Thank God for Peterson and strong male role models like him.

He won't "set anyone right."
He preaches valid and demonstrable self-improvement tricks but then veers off into boomer individualism that lead to "what we've become."

dad walked out in my formative years, mom is an addict. peterson is helping me get my shit together, idk not really a father figure but it helps with insight into some of the things i was never taught or explained

>I know you are but what am I
the sorry state of lefty subhumans. Sad.

I haven't seen anything that deep from the race realist angle. I appreciate J.F. Gariepy's stance, but it seems to boil down to irreconcilable differences between races, Whites-GTOW.

I'm interested in group morality and ethics, what would you suggest looking at?

Attached: suspected.png (721x910, 501K)

He crosses his legs like a woman. Not a big fan.

Attached: Android feel.jpg (500x375, 23K)

IQ is racist!

This is why peterson's answer to the JQ is particularly brilliant.

patreon is free too

>>Tariq is a leading activist and representative of the African American community
I’m starting to think blacks aren’t as smart as whites, guys. How do I get these racist thoughts to go away.

Attached: A83B7766-2522-4096-9C9D-EE5BEDD3FB25.png (500x561, 356K)

Why are so many Jow Forums threads punching to the right? Let people listen to whoever they want as long as it's not outright leftism.

>Whites going their own way
It's an inevitability of racial demographics in the US. For those guys it's too far gone to turn back the clock to the 1800s.
As for group ethics and morality, I can't stress this enough - try Millenial Woes. His content may be rough around the edges visually but his thoughts are incredibly well-constructed and delves into the subject from a not so materialistic standpoint, unlike most of the other alt-righters. You'll have a hard time finding the videos so just youtube search for something like group identity, that should be enough to get you started. Also, his Depression in a Civilisation video is pretty well-made.

You previously mentioned stuff peterson said about the west being great. There's a more physical, genetic explanation to that, and you can check out the Alt Hype's video on it, youtube.com/watch?v=P78Zd8265_k
Have fun.

Jow Forums is a leftist board now

Also Thomas Sowell is a race realist guys. Big respect to him.

Because many of us never had a father figure growing up thanks to feminism destroying males. I like Jordan Peterson a lot even though I don't always agree with him. All the BS shilling against him on here means he's doing something right.

He's not right. Not even a cuckservative. And this whole "don't punch right" thing is cute and all but bad ideology needs to be culled from the spotlight.

Tariq is just jealous because JBP totally aped his schtick

youtube.com/watch?v=s90NUW4RSJU

Because their fathers are cucks with little in the way of accomplishment or purpose. Peterson’s ability to deliver compelling and interesting lectures/speeches about things we’ve abandoned which were once celebrated by society does a lot to fill the empty, meaningless void created by modern culture. I grew up around people who were religious, conservative, principled, etc. but none of them could articulate the why or the how behind the values and practices they adhered to. Not once can I remember any family member explaining effectively why any of their traditions and beliefs were critical to optimizing ones life.

Peterson does that and it’s exciting to discover new interpretations and meaning in things like scripture, philosophy, etc. Then it fizzles out a bit because the redpilll demands independent thought and self-reliance which means not idolizing Leafs who praise minirities fir exercising in-group preference while admonishing white people for any hint of the same behavior.

Basically, if he’s a father figure to anyone, their father’s probably trash and they haven’t figured out how to stop relying on external sources for validation and feelings of self-worth.

Roll Tide.

Attached: F216871B-B88D-4B32-BC4D-D05803D163F5.jpg (1242x1036, 766K)

I'm genx brah

> bad ideology needs to be culled from the spotlight.
You say that as if we don't already have countless enemies. Whenever I see threads talking shit about our own guys I can't help but be skeptic of their motives.

>Haha but he is only an enemy of the left guys, he should also be an enemy of the Jews and blacks and arabs and mexicans and also if he doesn't praise Hitler he's a cuck :^) how are we doing fellow nazis

>punished Peterson. A man denied his clean room

>You say that as if we don't already have countless enemies.
Precisely why we need to present our very best.
And also, he's not "our guy". He's an individualist. He doesn't see "our guys" or "their guys".

>Haha but he is only an enemy of the left guys, he should also be an enemy of the Jews and blacks and arabs and mexicans and also if he doesn't praise Hitler he's a cuck :^) how are we doing fellow nazis
This is pure autism. I didn't even mention him cucking out on the JQ and race realism. Just recognize that he is not aligned with any right-wing ideology.

I think he has some interesting things to say. You don't have to agree with what he says but it can get you thinking about things you hadn't considered before. Maybe not, some people seem to hate him.

Blood is thicker than water, but similar minds transcend both.

Yes, i can't blame my father, but like you i still want more. Wisdom, guidance, help.
We had to find it elsewhere.

And no, they don't care. You're right.
They're slaves to their chimpish unconscious thirsts. What feels good now, today. The scream and fling their pre-shat ideological filth around. The stench of their storage of course off-putting anyone with their nose as open as their eyes, as they offer it to their unconscious demon gods, their utopic fantasies.

Our west is sick, like a patient with multiple personality syndrome. Splitting painfully in two. The right is tempting; their blood-call makes sense to the body, but the body is an animal. The left is promising but its howl is pure abstraction, which is too chaotic without gravity to bind it.
My sustaining hope is that these... poor cretins... they are so low and hungry for meaning, suckling at the teat of monsters, that any around them with the will to slap their soft faces away from this stupor is all that's needed to snap most out of their ideological possession.

Unconsciousness was no disease in the past, but we hubristic humans have inadvertently constructed these massive societies in which unconsciousness is toxic - it is a hellgate from which terrible chthonic forces bleed forth and manage to grasp technologies and weapons far beyond that which any man or woman could wield before. The nightmares Lovecraft articulated in part, that live in all of us.

>falling for the ideology meme

>Precisely why we need to present our very best.
Such as?

Cutting down peterson doesn't magically create figureheads.
We will know we have found our best when he eclipses peterson by his own merit, not by character assasination of jp

because old white men with a lot of money are paying people to make threads like this.

Attached: My prez.jpg (400x400, 28K)

Alt-Hype, MW.
Or if you want one who is already sort of known, Jared Taylor.
>We will know we have found our best when he eclipses peterson by his own merit, not by character assasination of jp
I'm not engaging in character assassination. What I'm saying about him is exactly what HE would say about HIMSELF.
And if you believe that media exposure is in any way meritocratic, you're deeply deluded. They will only showcase him and tie him to "evul raciss nazis" by guilt of association.

>Just recognize that he is not aligned with any right-wing ideology.
Oh great, look where we are, now we have to prove who's the true scotsman. Yeah dude he's in favor of free market and personal responsibility but somehow he's not right-wing because he doesn't meet your personal criteria.

tpbp

>And if you believe that media exposure is in any way meritocratic, you're deeply deluded
So you're saying that the guy you will support has no chance of getting media support?

So you are arguing that the right wing should have zero representation in the media? And that that would be superior to having an imperfect supporter like JBP? Or maybe you would prefer having media clowns like richard spencer?

Whatever you say about peterson, it's undeniable that he is arguing in favor of conservative values.

Attached: JP.jpg (585x777, 147K)

Because too many young men have cucked or no father figure. They need someone. Back in the day it would be their coach, or a cool teacher, not enough kids participate in sports now, and there has been a huge drop off in male teachers. Young men are surrounded 24 hours a day by stupid fucking women, and fag soyboys, and we wonder why T counts and sperm counts are plummeting. There are few options for a father figure these days, especially when women are going out of their way to make it as hard as possible to be a father in a family. I don't think Peterson is a good option, but he's better than nothing I suppose. What do I know, I've always had a dad.

>no true scotsman
Just ask him. He won't align with us because he doesn't share our ideas.
"free market" and "personal responsibilities" are platitudes that literally even leftists will support on the surface.

>So you're saying that the guy you will support has no chance of getting media support?
Not exactly what I mean.
The point is that caring what the mainstream media will showcase is worthless. They will only espouse their leftie friends and cuckservatives they have on a tight leash.
We are the most successful on the internet where people can actually check out others' positions without being propagandized.
To Peterson's credit, he's good in that he advocates for free speech. That's all, his ideology is not right-wing, he never endorsed the right in any way.

That's quite the video...

>[Whites going their own way is] an inevitability of racial demographics in the US.
I can see that a physical splitting of society might be necessary but that's a hard pill to swallow, which relates to JP outlining how life can be hard-edged even at the individual level.

A lot of the advantages that Alt. Hypothesis points out seem to be mostly implicit aspects of society, including eugenics by capital punishment, it kinda seems hard to create a modern society that would be as well structured, and it isn't clear if it would as good for the present moment (as it might be for the future, as the past societies have been for their future descendants).

All-around hard stuff, makes me a bit insecure about my Yugoslav heritage.

Wow my bad for assuming you had any idea of what you're talking about, you're either a dumbass or a shill. Good luck on your quest of taking down JBP and conveniently ignoring the millions of lefties out there.

>Why is Jordan Peterson setting himself up as someone whose book you should buy if you're one of the many disenfranchised young men out there with enough disposable income?

I think he's putting out a lot of common sense but let's just be clear here

>ANYONE SELF PROMOTING IS DOING IT SOLELY FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR OWN GAIN

Got it?

Attached: 177_2038763868.jpg (1988x3008, 1.25M)

I hate Jordan Peterson, or should I say PeterSTEIN. How can he expect me to clean my room and get my life in order when the JEWS (his best friends) continue to run things and convince everybody that I'm crazy!

>To Peterson's credit, he's good in that he advocates for free speech. That's all, his ideology is not right-wing, he never endorsed the right in any way.

That's where you're wrong. He does lend support to many conservative ideas. He argues against allowing immigration from shithole countries. He says that the left should not call the idea of borders and boundaries racist. He says if a person's country is shit, it makes sense to think that those people might also be shit (paraphrase).