- watery off grid -

Listen up you job and house robots ....

I have some money - its all I have saved - do I buy a boat as per pic and live on the water as the master of my own destiny - Or do I keep playing the tedious soul destroying game ?

Im a single (widowed) mid aged fuck

Attached: take a chance.jpg (900x598, 704K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/south-coast-36/211829
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ONE POST BY THIS ID. CAN REDDIT NIGGERS FUCK OFF???

Buy the boat user, I have a feeling you'll need to flee that shithole sooner than you think

been posting for years - you stupid cunt

Nice boat.

Looked into boat houses myself, what you save in property tax is multiplied by maintanence costs and the inevitable catastrophic event.

>has 'no go' cities
>calls England a shithole
pottery

Attached: delightful.jpg (736x574, 119K)

Fuck that shit boat, get a proper sail boat. Anything 38ft or better, 44ft is the most useful. Used you can get them anywhere from 80k to 200k, a new 44ft leopard cat will run you roughly 400k new.

lurk moar

Its good if you have permanent mooring, if not, well ...

most people feel joy only twice with a boat, the day they buy it and the day they sell it.
Unless you have some kind of exclusive boat lifestyle in mind go rent one and find out how it feels first.

Are you planning on exploring the waterways user? I've considered the same thing, but think it would be lonely without someone to share the experience with.
Sorry for your loss btw.

you can't put a sail boat on a canal though can you now

a narrowboat != a proper boat
can be had for 10-20k, they are for canals.

Lotta fees, need a permanent mooring or have to "continously cruise" like a fucking hobbo. Council tax is still a thing. Boat saftet certificate every three years I think. Get's you out of rent but you have to shit in a glorified plastic bucket. 7.5 toner avoids lot of this and can do 56 mph.

i gotcha, same advice applies.
Go rent for a month and see how it feels. if you love the concept then get one

Why stay there if you're widowed? A proper cat and you can sail the globe, it's a good lifestyle for a single man, putter around the caribbean if you can work remotely.

Why float around those nasty canals when you can go chase tail in the south? Those canal boats are only 30k? That's not bad desu

I don't think OP can afford to 'potter about the caribbean', I think he wants to buy a barge & park it on a canal.

>7.5 toner avoids lot of this and can do 56 mph.
horse box?

>nasty canals
Bruh, the waterways of England are truly beautiful.
Barrier to entry much lower as other user says.

It's not really that expensive if one can absorb the initial cost of the boat. I bought a used Tartan in 2000 as a chef, worked the resorts for the busy season and spent the other 6 months island hoping pussy until I met my wife. It's not as expensive as people think unless one wants the showy boat life.

Meh. There are thousands of semi-derlict sail boats around you can get for less than 10K. A man with big balls, and nothing to lose, has a fair chance of making it to the Caribbean with fair winds and enough meth.

Huh, I need to come check that out then. Do they do rentals for burgers?

Gyptians OUT!

New Zealand stop this it's not funny.

Better get your floating licence sorted mate. It does seem like a very comfy life style but I think winter would be cold as fuck if you don't have a wood burner. Also maybe get a little doggo

>sailing across the world on a derelict boat fuelled by meth
I doubt this is what OP had in mind

OI YA CHEEKY CUNT! AF U GOT A LOICENSE FO THAT GREENTEXT?

Can't really flee anywhere on a canal barge mate.. You can also be outpaced at a light jog

Crossing the Atlantic takes balls, but going north and riding the coast to the US and then down isn't a bad trip solo, if you're going to cross better to do it with a group.

But then you have to learn how to sail. It's something I've wanted/want to do, but seems like not a poor mans hobby.

I'm sure they do yeah, but it's not island hopping in the Carib lol. Lots of comfy pubs and stuff on the navigations, and stunning English countryside.

Horse box attracts attention. White 7.5 has up to 10m2 of space, 20m3, and is effectively invisible.Park any industrial estate anywhere. Roof is almost always clear fibre glass so no need for windows. Needs 5 weekly inspections thou, so thats a pain. Also not great in confined spaces. I've got an LDV Convoy luton with walk through cab. Love it, work one month in four and spend the rest shitposting and playing EU4. Ride the Tiger senpai.

Also right of use for waterways. Hard to get a spot anywhere for residential unless you own frontage, and even then you're probably going to dredge.

Sounds like a great adventure though.

What would Francis Drake do? He'd be right up in that shit.

sounds like the dream, bruv.
dont need a license either.
You can get around the mooring charges by moving the boat ever 3 weeks.

That’s beautiful. Where is that?

That's a pretty shallow creek. Looks sketchy.

Not sure on the cost on your side of the pond to be honest, been a while but I don't think I paid much for the sailing training, I was 21 at the time and very poor. Maintaining a smaller sailing boat isn't that expensive, new sails are most the expense. Hope whatever you choose you enjoy user

The concept of canal barges is going over every Colonial's head.

>lol nigga just buy a 40ft yacht and live in the Caribbean

aint no "no go" cities in america
shitholes, yeah, but not a no go
especially if you're packing

this.
better to buy a house somewhere you can afford

Oh stop it, it's not that extravagant of a thing to do, I forget how poor bongs can be.
yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-monohulls/south-coast-36/211829

Got any pics mate? Sounds good.
So you need to take an extension to your driving license I assume, and then 5 weekly inspections? Is it costly?

Bend over and I'll show you, faggot

Winter is hell on a boat.

>aint no "no go" cities
>are not no no go
the absolute state of American English

Staying at the gf's tonight and cant be bothered to go outside. If you passed your licence pre96 you've got LGV 3 on it automatically. Otherwise you may as well do class 2 (C). Five week checks are like £40 if you go the right place. Really thought, you dont need more than a Luton. I mean what do you wanna take with you?

Live in a van instead

I've been watching Great Canal Journeys and you should absolutely do this if able to. I certainly would.

>truly beautiful
Free rats for food and the great thing is that you can collect all the trolleys and return them to the supermarkets for the £1 deposit coin. As we have free health care for all the vaccinations you will need it really is truly sustainable living!

Have fun in Groidtroit or ESL then.

Issue for getting a yacht is also the need for a decent sized crew. In the UK, South Coast at least is that it is saturated with yachts and not enough competent crew members.

Attached: disgust.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Yeah OP can show off his crystal collection to Krusty rig sluts at Boomtown

>has 'no go' cities
Name one, britshit. While you're scrambling to come up with something, I'll just politely remind you that Europe (of which you're still a part (lol)) has entire no go countries.

Getting gas by the ATL airport pumps more adrenaline than gas.

What are motors?
> I bought a used Tartan in 2000 as a chef
tongbumps
One of these days I need to hit the seas. My original mentor is doing that nowadays and we get together around twice a year for drinks.
Hell he got me to jump into culinary school and the biz.
I've let him into several of my kitchens and taken his input on things over the course of 15 years.

might be a worthy venture OP. Get a sailboat though with a decent sized cabin.
Solar panels are pretty cheap as well and can supply you with enough power for a lot ofyour normal bullshit electronics.
One of my buddies dads has one with a big ass cabin that's practically the size of an RV inside. Same appliances and space inside. Fridge, stove, never used his shitter on the boat.
Personally I could live in it pretty comfy but I've also lived in an RV and been comfy.
It would probably take some minimalist type living.
If your motor blows you're pretty well fucked in a barge.

Can you please stop posting this first in every single fucking thread?

Attached: 11_113_01.jpg (270x270, 9K)

Crew, are you high? We're talking a 38-44ft sailing boat, you can solo barefoot one easily. I never had a crew becasue I'm poor.

It's a good cycle of work desu, 6 months I made what most do in a year and the resorts normally will offer a dock slip as part of your package, if not they are normally pretty cheap. Was a couple times I had some boat issues and had to work 9 months out of the year but it's worth it if single.

The Cotswolds
How about three? Detroit, Baltimore, Flint.

An assured thing.

Attached: Screenshot_69.png (1895x439, 161K)