Is google killing our imagination and critical thinking skills?

Is google killing our imagination and critical thinking skills?

Attached: EDE3B660-4EE0-4F19-8D8E-F46C195F29F6.jpg (2480x1240, 179K)

I can't imagine how they could be.

Yes, SYSTEMATICALLY.

Attached: 1503254274455.jpg (1500x750, 235K)

Yes, but then again when hasn't increased technology? Fuck, I don't think I've memorized a new phone number since 1996.

who is this white male?

No?

Eric Schmidt

I use google for quick research into topics based on my own theories. Jow Forums is a much bigger problem for me.

>Turn off computer
>Go outside
Wooooooooooooooooooooow, so hard

no, public education killed those a long time ago. gotta go, time for holocaust class.

Yes, clearly they are. Having an easy answer always at hand is not a good thing. In the past you'd have to put forth effort into coming up with the answer, by figuring it out with research or socializing, and in the process you'd learn more than just what you originally were out for. This could also give a sense of satisfaction after arriving at the answer. Having a quick answer can be nice at times, but the journey to the answer often can lead to greater social and intellectual growth. Everyone becomes accustomed to just searching for something instead of having a conversation to arrive at answers. Google is sucking the soul out of our society.

Yes
On that note using calculators all the time will make you slower at math.

This

It's killing my ability to find anything of value on the web. All I keep getting are sites that paid to be in my face.

It’s definitely made tech support lazier and caused critical thinking skills to recede since you can usually google the answer and find a forum discussion or something on the matter vs having to figure it out yourself.

Attached: DC6E3A1B-87AD-4979-BC37-0B3F80701E07.gif (333x251, 2M)

Nigga just Bing it like lmao.

Yes if you're a retard and only google faceook or youtube.
No if you know how to use google and find info.

Is it just me or do all the search engines keep pointing to the same crap? There's millions of websites out there made by anyone with a computer, so why do I keep finding myself looking at the same shit?

I Googled it. The answer is no.

>Is google killing our imagination and critical thinking skills?
Huh?

I remember people here telling me about other search engines, and if you search for specific stuff like "American family" you'll get some agenda-pushing images with black-only families. Same with inventors. This happened with other search engines no matter what, which begged the question as to why even use them anyway if they're all just gonna borrow the same search techniques or tech from Google anyway.

Cell phones are destroying us