What's the deal with guns and the USA? Do kids get taught about them before they are 18...

What's the deal with guns and the USA? Do kids get taught about them before they are 18? I'm 24 and all for guns to be legal but I know for a fact if I could of brought a gun when I was 18 I definitely would of and I also know that if I had access to my own gun between being 18 and now I would of without a doubt committed a crime with it, grabbed it and shot someone in a rage or at least waved it about at someone. But then I also know I wouldn't of gotten in the same situations and arguments and fights down the town if I knew everyone else had a gun.

If guns in England were legal I think street crime like muggings and assault would drop dramatically unless you're part of a gang or something but crimes like armed robbery or people trying to get a high score would increase 10 fold, I literally carry pic related as my "keys" so I can't get in trouble but can also whip the tramps down the shops if they try anything

Attached: 20180418_202928.jpg (3264x1836, 1.94M)

Depends on where you're from. I'm from New York (and have pretty anti-gun parents) so the only time I've ever fired a gun was at my cousin's house in Texas.

Attached: menzo-brazier.png (470x370, 194K)

This is correct

Attached: Happy-Texas-Independence-Day-2017.jpg (864x432, 31K)

So your parents make your life decisions for you? Grow the fuck up and buy yourself a gun

Do you have to learn how to use it before you get one like getting a driving licence? Or are kids taught about them in schools? I know a few lads who went full alcoholic when they turned 18 because we were never taught about it at all, once you turn 18 you can just instantly buy as much booze as you want any time of the day and unless you have someone who cares about you nothing is gonna stop you

Completely depends on region desu. I'm from Idaho/Montana and have been hunting with my dad since I was a kid. I got my hunting license when I was age 11 or 12.

>Do you have to learn how to use it before you get one like getting a driving licence?
Nah, but you should
>Or are kids taught about them in schools?
Should, used to be that way, not anymore

I thought it would of been taught like a sport is taught, even if it's with fake guns at first

learn the word "have", you stupid fucking faggot

>Do kids get taught about them before they are 18?
Ones with responsible parents.
> I would of without a doubt committed a crime with it, grabbed it and shot someone in a rage or at least waved it about at someone
You just sound dangerously unstable. Has nothing to do with guns.

Lel no. Maybe at some exclusive private schools, but for the vast majority, no. Especially since education is full of kikes these days

You have to take a several weeks' long huntings / weapons course in order to get a hunting license in most states, but you can just straight up buy guns if you don't plan to hunt once you're an adult.

I'm 18, also I can't even be fucked to get my driver's license.

Stop saying "would of" it's "would have". And no, you can walk down the street to your local gun store and buy any gun you want without ever holding one in your hand before, assuming you're not legally prohibited to.

I have two bows, I enjoy the quiet zen of archery. Guns are VERY loud in real life. I can't imagine Britian would let you have a bow though since they ID you for teaspoons.

Attached: loisenceball.gif (633x600, 176K)

Not unstable mate, if guns were legal over night there would definitely be a spike in violent crime. If they never got banned and people were taught about them then I think crime would be a lot lower and when I say I would of used a gun if I had one I'm almost sure I wouldn't of even got in to those situations in the first place if everyone had a gun

>Guns are VERY loud in real lif
You're supposed to use hearing protection dummy

got my first firearm at 12, practiced with it regularly in the woods behind my grandparents house, lots of skeet shooting too. most my friends started handling and knowing how to use guns around the same time.

What if only white people were allowed them though?

Attached: blacksrape.jpg (960x682, 44K)

I started shooting when I was 6. I bought my first gun at 18, and my first handgun at 21, promptly got a CCW, and now own a lot of them. Last purchase was an AK47.

You would have done that stupid shit you mentioned because you are an unstable britbong, likely due to being stuck on that tiny island with that tiny gene pool for so long.

burger related because burgerpost

Attached: c8i9i6psqcby.jpg (1512x2016, 352K)

I know, it's still loud as fuck.

How does the army deal with it then? Or those fucking shit skins blasting aks in Syria?

They go deaf

I'm not saying it's too loud to use or something numbnuts, I've shot multiple guns, I just prefer bows.

Attached: contempt.jpg (600x420, 44K)

Then how do they use a radio or follow orders, I honestly want to know why its so important for ear plugs at a range but not a battlefield, obviously I have no idea how loud a gun is and I've always wondered this

Gun, especially automatic guns, fire incredibly faster than you realize, you cannot speak while in full auto, or I doubt someone could hear you. They fire more in bursts, and do talking stuff between. I'm not sure tho desu.

As others have said, it depends a lot on location and parenting. As for me, I fired my first (well supervised) shot when I was 7. By the time I was 13, I'd built my own rifle. If you grow up in a semi-rural area like I did, they're really just part of life. Now, in my case, I kinda got in deeper than most people that I know, but especially in my family (long line of soldiers and gunsmiths) they are really a quite mundane facet of existence. The fact that my first board was Jow Forums while I was still underageb& probably didn't do me any favors.

Attached: 1509730297289.jpg (452x680, 129K)

You know in the movies how they're always screaming into the radio? Basically that.
More specialized forces doing indoor fighting might carry 300 blkout with suppressors which helps some.

sucks to not have the right to self defense. at 24 i had been shooting for 16 years and was well on my way to a well rounded firearms collection. i live in a permitless carry state, but have a permit anyway (I can carry concealed in 36 of 50 states with my permit).
like anything else which poses potential harm or danger, if a responsible adult introduces firearms to a reasonably mature child (yes, this could be children as young as 5) and follows proper firearms SOP and etiquette, then there will be no issue. should anything go wrong, tragically or otherwise, chances are the present adult fucked up. every year millions of kids ages 5 and up interact with firearms with no negative consequences.
>at least you have "easier" access to silencers

Attached: G19-O9k.jpg (3012x4016, 3.52M)

>obviously I have no idea how loud a gun is
It's actually kinda hard to describe since nothing else in normal life is close

I once put a firework in a wheelie bin and that went off pretty loud, probably the only thing that instantly hurt my ears

>wheelie bin
A what

>Do kids get taught about them before they are 18?

Parents often show kids their guns and take them to a gun range and let them fire them.

It's forbidden fruit. Show your kids guns and let them fire them - they get knocked on their asses, learn that their noisy and dangerous, and leave them alone. If you don't their curiosity will get the better of them and they figure out how to fire them by themselves, with disastrous results.

Attached: b (40).jpg (396x389, 20K)

Where the Brits bin those dangerous bicycle wheels obviously!

Attached: UKbetterfuture.jpg (1024x945, 177K)

This

Attached: 71nmoCGR7aL._SL1500_.jpg (1095x1500, 101K)

You got a license for those keyrings?

Kek, I should have guessed I suppose

You know your England is down the tubes already when you realize they don't even speak English anymore.
Ya foocked en the ed, mayte.

correct.

Fuck the keyring man this psycho has a wheeliebin!

We have 3 of them each, one for normal rubbish, one for recycling and one for garden waste

>But then I also know I wouldn't of gotten in the same situations and arguments and fights down the town if I knew everyone else had a gun.
Aye, therein lies the rub, mate.

MY GOD CALL THE QUEENS GUARD

That's very ecologically responsible tho gj. Maybe compost if you have a yard and a garden. Really helps my tomatoes.

oi dat dare be a wheelie bin. Oi stick me undun dinnas an' smelly bags init. Oi fill up cah wit brumbrum juice airy third a moon on the twelf bong.

I started shooting when I was 5 or 6, it depends on your household. Firearms have been a big part of my family since we moved here post-WWII. Firearms, Hunting, Fishing, backpacking, even martial arts has been a recent addition to my family's traditions (my generation). Almost as if we're a nazi sleeper cell :P

>I know a few lads who went full alcoholic when they turned 18 because we were never taught about it at all, once you turn 18 you can just instantly buy as much booze as you want any time of the day and unless you have someone who cares about you nothing is gonna stop you

This is one of the huge issues in America. Drinking age is 21 and voting age is 18. Alcohol is all too easy for a 16+ year old to acquire and becomes forbidden fruit that they do not learn to do in moderation.

>crimes like armed robbery or people trying to get a high score would increase 10 fold

When all else is controlled for, including firearm laws, violent crime rates across all Western countries are roughly equal. Essentially, criminals always have easy access to firearms and people that will commit violence or violent crimes will do so regardless of laws. Firearms are too easy to make or smuggle; they are, all things considered, relatively simple machines. Look how knife crime replaced handguns with no deviation in the homicide rate. It's relatively just as easy to kill with a knife, cricketbat or hammer as it is with a handgun. As for terrorism or psychopaths, there are ample alternatives available to them such as the trucks of peace and explosives so restrictive firearm laws are worthless.

If I had to guess, the real reason mass shootings are so (relatively) common in America is the American media essentially glorifies them. Take high speed car chases in California: they become something of a phenomenon in the 90s as local channels would always cut to hours long car chases on the news because they received huge ratings boosts when they did and these type of crimes skyrocketed. Then they passed rules forbidding these car chases from being advertised and glorified in the media and all of a sudden the rate at which dangerous high speed chases occurred plummeted.

It's "would have" you disgusting pea brained ignoramus. Not "would of". Why am I giving an English lesson to someone with the union jack beside their posts? Fuck. I'm glad you didn't have access to firearms in your cuckold country for the sole reason that you're likely too much of a doofus to wield it properly as you freely admit.

"I'm too stupid to own firearms" the post.

Attached: 1511405099334.gif (240x180, 2M)

>Alcohol is all too easy for a 16+ year old to acquire and becomes forbidden fruit that they do not learn to do in moderation.
This. I was getting blacked-out drunk since I was 13. It was easier to get pot than booze too.

>bong assuming everything needs a loicense
Pottery

>could of
>would of
>wouldn't of

Attached: 1507408558370.png (408x450, 34K)

I could shoot a rifle and drive a tractor before I could tie my own shoes.
'Murica, by gawd.

This
This

Started learning at about 4, dad taught us if we ever saw one, get an adult and dont touch it. We had a big toy crate, and he put an old deaxtivated revolver in it, when we looked in there and saw it we went to an adult immediately happened a few more times until I was 6, when I got my first bolt action .22. By then, we had sat inwith my dad whenever he went to the range at night to test out his night vision scopes, and at 7 fired my first 12 gauge. Also got my first dirtbike at 5. All about respecting the tool, the purpose, the technique. ALWAYS go through your checklist, ALWAYS leave the bolt open, and ALWAYS ASSUME THE GUN IS LOADED AND CHAMBERED.

if you stoped saying 'would of' and change it to 'would have' i might consider treating you seriously you fucken nigger.

Bullets not only explode but they also break the sound barrier, so imagine a Sonic boom with your trash can experiment

>i would commit a crime
Not others' fault if you're a retard. And from that pic you surely are.

Attached: england3.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

kids are generally brought up with bb guns from the age they can hold one and learn all the rules from a bb gun and their dad. by the time an american kid as access to a real firearm they are pretty well trained in firearms safety and discipline.

Brother shot a kimber .45 with no muffs on, he still hears a faint ringing every once and awhile.

Is that not normal?

OH SHIEEET LOOKS AT ALL DEY WYT PUSSIES

If you shoot with no muffs, you're gonna have a bad time

Hi Parkland fag behind a proxy. I see you got the qurans we mailed you and baked 30 anti gun threads today. Nice raid attempt.

Got my first shotgun at 16, probably first shot a gun at 12, taught my little brother to shoot when he was 10, my sister just shot a gun for the first time at Christmas, she is also 10.

Somes chools have shooting teams, but its getting rarer and rarer. In the midwest and west, you kind of just grow up knowing about them.

Mine was only 2 days, but we did have live fire at the end of it

>if I had access to my own gun between being 18 and now I would of without a doubt committed a crime with it, grabbed it and shot someone in a rage or at least waved it about at someone.

Then you know you shouldn't be owning guns.
Fortunately, the majority of the white population isn't as retarded, and can be trusted with guns.
I had my first gun at 16, 15 years later I own about 30 guns and I never threatened anyone with one, nor did the thought ever crossed my mind.

If I need to use one for self-defense, I would, but I would never even think about attacking someone at random with one, or even without a gun for that matter.

I suggest you get yourself checked for your anger issues.

I was suspicious

Its normal if you know ASL.

I learned gun safety at around 10-12 when I started shooting. My father bought me a .410 but my arms were to short so we had to saw off the stock almost to a pistol grip.

ive seen 3 year olds at the range hitting paper at 50 yards

That picture needs to be smaller or the text needs to be made blurrier. No one is going to notice the gif and inquire why its a gif. They'll read the text from the thumbnail and keep going.

I got my first gun when I was 12 but shot both rifles and shotguns from 9. My son gets t his first rifle and shotgun at 9.

My daddy gave me a youth length .410 singleshotgun when I was five. He taught me gun safety and didn't let me be alone with it until I was like 9 or 10. He said don't point it at people even if it's unloaded.
Then at eighteen he said if you point it at a person you better he ready to take a life because as soon as you pull it out you might lose yours. You won't know how it feels until it's you behind the barrel.

Dude, most people don't just pack heat all the time. In most states to do that , you need a liscence.

Also that sounds pretty nuts. DId you go and stab someone when you were angry at them? That being said, I have had a frind (a paranoid Texan roommate pull a gun on my friend when he thought he was robbing our apartment)

>expecting a brit to know english

Meant shooting anything less than 556 without ears

Pretty much every vet has hearing loss in their dominant side's ear

>guns are very loud
I only wear ear protection because my range has a metal overhang that reflects all the sound back to you.

you're probably a nigger then. 99% of folks who are armed around here don't have violent compulsions like that.

Now if you ever do get a gun please kys

lol wut nigger in PA we just have to pay

>most people dont just pack heat all the time
but man, oh man is it nice to be walking around with 3lbs of steel on your hip

you say that but I'm pretty sure if you actually bought a gun you would have much more respect for it and have better control of your violent impulses...unless...are you..a nigger?

Hell no, pistols tend to be louder since it tends to go off closer to you.

>he didn't get a SIG 550 to keep at home and train with for his 15 birthday from the state

I'm glad I didn't grow up in a shithole.

Havent done it, I could (i'm from Ks, no liscence required) so I would'nt know

Kansasfag here as well.

>could of brought
>could of
>brought
>would of
>would of
>hitting someone with a keychain
Yeah dude you're a fucking moron, I'm surprised you can read. 10/10 you got me if troll, I genuinely believe you are this ignorant. Kids who are taught corrently learn very early on guns get you the most deep-shit grounded forever spanking you could possibly imagine. All your toys, right in the trash, first time you touch a gun without permission. At age 6 or 7 maybe, you can go shooting little .22 rifles, and the adult gradually moves them up to larger guns as they get older. You learn the rules of gun safety, and the adult can make the kid recite the rules before every time they handle a gun. The thing to do is make sure the kid knows they can actually go shooting real guns, all they have to do is ask first, and there are instant nuclear-grade consequences if they even touch a gun without asking. In most cases, shooting the gun will teach a person respect for what the machine does.

That said, some people shouldn't be around guns though. Some people get fucking weird around guns. Some people are too emotional. Guns are seductive, they fit in your hand really well in most cases and they feel good to hold. Pair that with bad ideas, and a lack of discipline from growing up around them and you're going to have a bad time.

tldr: lots of British people shouldn't have guns, you sound like one of them

Attached: pix291777725.jpg (319x425, 37K)

noguns detected

>SIG 550
GIB SIG FUNS

Air rifle for christmas at 10. Shot my first deer with a slug at 13.

you're an idiot.

They're awesome although they're kinda heavy compared to other rifles.

Pretty sad you don't get the real deal and just some meh tier "licensed copy" in the states.

>I wouldn't of
kill yourself

I mean we can buy SIG guns, just not all the same ones you guys get.

OP you are an embarrassment to your flag. Does mum know you're on here this late?

shot my first gun (.22 lr rifle) at 9 years old on my grandparent's farm in missouri. most boys and girls that don't live in cities are taught about basic firearm usage and safety at a young age in the US. my parents/grandparents weren't even huge gun advocates or fans. its just treated as a skill like swimming or anything else. part of the gun education is learning that if you use it to harm another person outside of life or death self defense, you WILL spend the rest of your life in a cage. not always true, but all the adults around me explained it like that.

Attached: 1452131640152876876.jpg (764x599, 78K)

I grew up in the country, was taught to shoot at age 6, most gun owners in the US are taught as kids how to properly handle firearms

>but I know for a fact if I could of brought a gun when I was 18 I definitely would of and I also know that if I had access to my own gun between being 18 and now I would of without a doubt committed a crime with it

Did you commit a crime with another weapon? No? Sounds like you're full of shit then.

got my first gun, a red rider bb gun, for christmas when i was 5. my dad hid it just like in the movie A Christmas Story (which played ALL DAY on TNT back then)

already knew how to shoot it because my father had placed me in cub scouts where I was trained with a very similar bb gun.

i was so excited I wanted to bring my gun to class for show and tell so my parents contacted my teacher to ask for permission. my dad brought my gun in that week and I got ot show it off and shoot a few cans in the playground to demonstrate.

....and then I got my first 'real gun', a 22, a few years later when I was 8.

and no, this is not 50 years ago, i was born in the mid 80s, this happened in the 90s where lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan US city.

Attached: gunslaff.jpg (1936x1461, 281K)