Being a pirate

which country had the best pirates?

Attached: MerchantsMarauders.jpg (970x545, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpNpDM-enLw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

isreal

/thread

Definitely Sweden!
Long live Fredrik, Gottfrid and Peter!

Viking literally meant pirate.

an entire culture history and culture of Scandinavians is refereed to as viking culture after its pirates because they did little else of note.

if it was worth my time i would look for the Nordics/Niggers theft image

somalia

China/the region that is now China. I hate chinks, but they were pretty damn good at it.

This

What in Davy Jones' locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I'll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I've led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o' swag. I'll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o' pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o' monsoon that'll wipe ye off the map. You're sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o'er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o' the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I'll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o' the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn't, ye didn't, and now ye'll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I'll shit fury all over ye and ye'll drown in the depths o' it. You're fish food now.

youtube.com/watch?v=tpNpDM-enLw

here, laugh your ass off :D

they lived on the ocean dumbass no country out there

Gyarrh matey, the captain of the thread be referring to privateers under the employ of the crown plundering the ships of other flags...

Do emus count as pirates? One took me tinny at bonniedoon.

fpbp

SAGE

Viking comes from the old english word wicingas temporary camp of a army.
The Nordic liked the word when we wrote books about vikings and adopted it themselves.

Vikings is British

mfw

Attached: cndhZ5f.jpg (1000x700, 188K)

Pirates were rarely significantly loyal to any specific country. And with that regard, all pirates behaved pretty similarly across millennia and there's real way to say which one had the "best" pirates.

Pirates often saw themselves as a noble brotherhood of wicked rebels towards society. They were seen as a scourge upon civilization by those rulers of such civilizations.
They liked to vote for their own captains who held their position of popularity and command through respect, fear, and charisma.

It's quite remarkable. Piracy is as old as civilization- almost. Piracy still exists today, but it's such a small small pathetic shadow compared to what it used to be. The "golden age of piracy", which spanned the period from roughly 1650 to 1730- until eventually country-states finally amassed the naval powers to finally and truly stamp out piracy.

Well, the stereotypical Golden Age of Piracy accent "ARRRR MATEY" is, supposedly, based on the Irish accent of the time.

So, I think the English make the best pirates.

nicely done

France ofc

Attached: robert_surcouf_epic_quote_by_adricureuil-dbjbfcb.png (900x422, 153K)

Attached: 1280px-Francoislollonais.jpg (1280x1685, 1.21M)