Can I pray the rosary if I'm not Catholic...

Can I pray the rosary if I'm not Catholic? I'm reading through the Bible alone and I'm at the point where I consider myself a Christian, but I don't have a denomination. I'd like to some day become a Catholic, but I can't right now. I'm considering ordering a rosary off Amazon for 10-30 dollars and looking up the prayers and doing them every night until I memorize them. My current prayers are scatter brained and I think pretty bad.

Attached: 7450006.jpg (2000x2000, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_meditation
youtube.com/watch?v=mJgDfUIoyNE
youtube.com/watch?v=5e5oPIHnHQs
youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_prayer_beads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes you can. There are even some Lutherans and Anglicans who use them.

Yes you can. And make sure you pray the mysteries of the Rosary as well, they're an excellent way to reinforce what you're reading in the Gospels.

Search “prayers of vain repetition.”

Absolutely.

t. Catholic

Attached: maria_4.jpg (1600x1200, 262K)

Don't pray to Mary.

Pray to God.

Our Father is the only prayer you need. Praying to Mary is idolatry.

Attached: d621592a894d729a38793ce4df1b8bf4a10dd97ba774b88accff005ffff769ab.jpg (1845x2331, 1.28M)

This

Let’s start a bible study group. I’m doing the same thing you are. My family was Catholic up until my parents who were both baptized, but agnostic secularists. Now I’m wanting to come back to the church, but I have my apprehensions mostly due to the current pope being a communist faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_meditation

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Matthew 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Yes you can.
Talk to you mother. She'll listen.

Attached: 1499701637108.jpg (1280x960, 168K)

>tfw no virgin qt to read the bible with

youtube.com/watch?v=mJgDfUIoyNE

Don’t join the Jewtherans. Catholicism is the only true religion.

The Catholic Church is an eternal institution. The sands of time have whisked away many bad Popes. Consider the fact that in the 3rd century, every major figurehead in Christianity supported the heresy of Arianism... not choosing the One True Church over a single man seems pretty silly if you ask me

If you use a rosary but you’re not Catholic, it’ll zap you unconscious, and you’ll begin to have homosexual thoughts.
Don’t risk it.
t. Went to private Catholic school

most of the Rosary comes directly from the Bible... and if you're against saying the Apostle's Creed, I'm not sure you can even qualify as a Christian

can confirm. am anglican and do pray rosary

I finally went back too. They took me back even after 20 years of excessive degeneracy. I feel the same about the pope but don't let that stop you man. You'll be happy you went back.
And Don't listen to these schizophrenic fucking Protestants here. They're just mad their mass in a mess hall cuz "duur idoltry"

That's right, the Our Father is Satanism.

You can pray whatever you want.
Pretty much the only "Catholic" thing that non-Catholics are not allowed to participate in is Communion.

Though I do wonder how you know you want to be Catholic. You didn't mention going to Masses or anything like that.
I'm Catholic, but I wouldn't want you to join a religion without being pretty sure about what you're doing.
I'd recommend at least going to a few services for Catholic, Orthodox, and one or two Protestant denominations before deciding.

And like mentioned, make sure you're meditating on the mysteries.
That's the most beneficial aspect of the Rosary.

>21st century
>idiots still BELIEVE in "god"

Attached: 1435997661710.jpg (258x317, 17K)

Don't subscribe to a sect, just try to live by the word of Jesus as well as you can my dude.

Personal sacraments are acceptable.
Recitations are fine and prayer beads are just mnemonic tool, You could associate other prayers with the beads, or not use them for every prayer, only regular ones.

Are you doing any supplementary reading/study to support the Bible? The Catechism process goes beyond the Bible. Remember that the Church existed first and that the Bible was compiled after the apostles had been spreading the word for many years. The idea was that Christianity should be taught personally. If you aren't up for visiting a church yet I recommend Fulton Sheen: youtube.com/watch?v=5e5oPIHnHQs

honoring isn't worshipping. You guys made Liberty into a monolith and have it watch one of your biggest cities. You guys carve the faces of your heads of state into mountains and coinage.

the rosary doesn't come from the bible, its vain repetitions. Over 50 prayers for what? And the bible tells you how to pray in the very following verses that I quoted from. This is the "Our father" prayer that is complete from the bible not like the incomplete one the catholic church teaches. Matthew 6:9-13

dumb anime poster

Rosary isn't worshiping Mary, it is seeing the life of Jesus through her eyes and asking for her aid through the lord

here's your (you), now please stop talking about something that you are not educated on.

Attached: ChristIsWatchingYou.png (1000x674, 691K)

yes lets listen to the guy who just went back "after 20 years of excessive degeneracy" and not the "schizophrenic protestants" im sure you'd know what you're talking about.

>Can I pray the rosary if I'm not Catholic?
Why would you do that?

Attached: 25348628_1547755018645323_7751921081547651922_n.jpg (753x321, 34K)

It's not vain if you get something out of it.

Don't worry about the Pope, he's there for a reason, even if you don't understand it.

There's some irony in Prots incessantly screeching about "vain repetitions".

there's no argument in your reply, and I do know what i'm talking about, thank you. Weak catholics.

Yes you can. Praying rosary is praying and meditating on the gospels.

Yes you can. Praying the rosary is better than meditation.

the rosary is vain repetitions, why would you pray over 50 repetitive prayers most of which are the same to Mary?

youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY

>Swede
>Lecturing someone on Faith
>Kek

>vain repetitions
This was referring to pagans who would whip themselves into a frenzy by chanting the same thing over and over in increasing volume and intensity.

>who would whip themselves into a frenzy by chanting the same thing over and over in increasing volume and intensity.
we sure knew how to have fun back then.

Neo-pagans still do this. They call it raising the cone of power.

So do kek worshippers since that's what they are

If kek has a true cult, which I doubt, it is the most pathetic form of "spiritual but not religious" I've ever seen.

it just says not to use vain repetitions. I saw my grandmother praying the rosary, its vain repetition. She says it fast, and as soon as she ends a prayer she starts another (generally the same) like a robot. It is vain repetition, not what God wants from us when we pray. Praying twice the same prayer at most is really demanding. The bible says you can repeat twice, more is evil.

Of course you can. Nothing wrong in accepting Christianity.

It's not even a chrisian thing.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_prayer_beads

>The bible says you can repeat twice, more is evil.
Where in the hell do you get this? "Thou shalt only repeat a prayer to me or an exhortation for one of the members of haven to pray for you twice. Anything more is from Satan!"
Praying the rosary is praying the gospels and asking Mary to pray for you.

The prayers repeat so illiterate peasants can memorize a small number of prayers and be able to participate.
The number of prayers is to give you time to meditate on the mysteries on the Gospel while praying.

Your dipshit grandma is not the universal ambassador for the rosary.
Even if you understood what you were seeing correctly (which I doubt), her praying the Rosary incorrectly doesn't change the nature of the correct method.

>Praying twice the same prayer at most is really demanding.
>twice
>really demanding
Are you stupid, or just lazy?

What's the right denomination and how do you know that? Because a Jew says so?

The Rosary is also called the Angelic Psalter, a reference to the fact monastics would pray the entire Book of Psalms. The full traditional Rosary has 150 Hail Marys. There are 150 Psalms. Beads don't have to be used when praying the Rosary; you can very well use your hands, keep track in your head, write what one you are on, or count with pebbles. Your meme arguement is stupid.

The rosary had a pre existing form of praying 150 psalms. The rosary given to Dominic was to combat the Cathar/Albigensian heresy, was the new testament form, the gospels.
150 prayers, 15 gospel meditations.
It was shortened by John Paul 2 to 50 prayers.
That is why it is called the angelic psalter because the old was the psalms.

This guy knows.

I VOTE ALL RELIGIOUS THREADS SHOULD BE MOVED TO /X/ OR Jow Forums

Good thing Jow Forums isn't a democracy, but instead a corrupt incompetent autocracy.

Fuck off

Attached: gun-jesus.jpg (598x423, 224K)

Its America lad, you can do anything you want.

Catholics generally shy away from conversations about the "right" denomination.
After Europe was set on fire for hundreds of years we've decided to just quietly let everyone else be wrong.

But, if you really insist on having that conversation, the starting point is Apostolic Succession.
So Catholics or Orthodox, or a few other small churches, like the Assyrians.
After that it's a bunch of dry theological discussions.

This.
All theological issues have been answered ad infinitum.

Catholic Church is the most legitimate Orthodox Church for anyone in western europe. Both from Scripture
>Insert Peter Rock quote
And from it's legitimate legacy from the apostles through the desert father's etc. Etc

You can draw a through-line from Jesus to the current Pope

Few Christian Church's can claim as such

Attached: Petrus_Christus_-_Portrait_of_a_Young_Woman_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (1280x1669, 505K)

Yes, just another reminder that Protestants would always side with Muslims over Catholics, like the Battle of Lepanto. And every major repulsion of Muslim advancement in Europe was thanks to Catholics, like the reconquista and the Siege of Vienna.

Protestants basically acted the way Jow Forumstards think the Jews act.

Praying is so fucking gay.

Can I get some specific?
I'm genuinely interested

>I'm at the point where I consider myself a Christian, but I don't have a denomination
Good. Your life is given to Christ, not a doctrine.

Attached: Death Defeated.jpg (500x333, 34K)

Why not try going to a nondenominational church that teaches the Word of God?

NO, FUCK OFF.

T. /X/

The Catholic Church is Christ's church. Everyone outside of it, is in the wrong, including the Orthodox. Jesus said, the Father and I are one, and he also told the parable of the prodigal son. This means unity is important and respect for authority is important. Therefore everyone that rejects the authority and leadership of the Catholic Church, is rebellious, and outside the Christ's only church.

Attached: - (9).jpg (800x1112, 152K)

>Implying religion isn't more important than politics

Attached: Christ clearing the Temple.jpg (643x768, 158K)

>Cathocuck starting to realize that it is Prussia's revenge brewing here in the united states, and not some desu vulture wet dream

Attached: 1524149003697.gif (267x200, 29K)

Reminder that Protestants are a bunch of dumb gullible idiots. They basically converted to Zionism when one sneaky Jew wrote the Schofield bible and convinced them all that Jews are gods chosen people

You can start by reading about the Siege of Malta. No Protestants participated in such an important battle. And then read about the Battle of Lepanto.

Here only ethnics wear it in their neck.

Everybody, in case you were wondering.

This is how delusional Catholics are.

What is the word of God?
That term only opens amibuity and inaccuracy

In america catholics never wear the rosery

Google Turco-Calvinism
"Better a Turk than a papist"

Attached: download.jpg (313x161, 11K)

This.

Sorry that was a typo. What I meant is go to a church that teaches the Bible, chapter by chapter.

Bud, Prussia's been dead for quite some time now. And the majority of German-Americans didn't even come from Prussia. Basically the only thing America inherited from them was Prussian drilling for military training. And considering the land Prussia used to sit on is occupied by Russia and Poland. I'd say they were complete fucking failure. but sure, tell me how they're going to revolt.

You can recite mantras if you not Buddhist. HHDL gave initiation for couple of most popular mantras for everyone. Like basicaly who the fuck will stop you, inshallah?

I was under the assumption is was very disrespectful to wear rosary beads. I remember as kids my brothers and I would wear them like a necklace and my grandmother/mother told us to take them off.

Hence why you see idiot rappers doing this.

No church does that during service. And no non-denominational does that. Protestants and Orthodox do not even use the same bible

The only time I see people in America wearing the Rosary, their either cholo gangbangers (the rosary is a mexican gang symbol unfortunately) or religious who wear the rope ones at their waist, which is completely fine. In fact, wearing the Rosary in some parts of the US could actually get you shot if i people think you're a rival gang member by accident.

False. Would happily side with a papist over a Muslim. Would support any Christian who reveres Christ as the Messiah over a random heathen/Jew/atheist.

Don't fall for the Protestant meme. We're not all cucked Episcopalians and lesbo Lutherans.

Christian-based nation when?

t. Midwest Protestant

Also cultural, non practicing Mexicans do this as a fashion statement.
I think it's blasphemous

Depends. If you are legitimately faithful and heartfelt in faith, I do not believe it is disrespectful. But to use it as a fashion statement, or to brag is a sin. Children do not understand the mysteries or Christ, and so should never wear the rosery.

Rappers are most likely ignorant of the rosery's meaning

Attached: tenor.gif (220x193, 47K)

>Christian-based nation when?
Considering christianity is heresy of judaism, you allready have one - Israel.

In america very few people are real catholics

Literally every country was Christian-based in europe until Anglo/Anglo-American Prots and French Atheists decided to divide Church and State.

Do y'all think that christianity has lost something in trying to reconcile some of the tougher subjects of the OT with modernity? It seems like a losing battle to try and explain god's wraith and justice to people when it's culturally acceptable to have parades around who you sleep with.

I understand it's important to stay relevant but at what point is it conciliation and watering down of truth? I've struggled with some of the scarier and darker aspects of the bible and I guess I would consider myself a lapsed catholic but I just feel hopeless. Considering going to an orthodox mass or something idk.

I went to a non-denominational church once (friends invited me) while I was in middle of nowhere PA and honestly the pastor there spoke more about the theology and had more of a cohesive message than most of the homilies I've heard that just feebly attempt to tie christ to some vague topic du-jour. Previous to this experience I had a very poor opinion of most proddy (especially methodist) churches. It does seem like there are kernels of truth in some of these churches, but I'm just too afraid to commit to any one or explore my options because I'm afraid i'll choose wrong and go to hell.

Thanks for the blog post

Attached: 29694689_660179924152691_20199757911759659_n.jpg (540x960, 23K)

I've seen ghetto latinos with it in their neck. They are catholic for sure, even with their fucking Santa Muerte.

Im really trying to understand it but it I admit it bothers me that they rarely mention God and always pray directly to saints and Mary instead. Isnt asking saints for intervention and giving offerings literal worship? GF is hardcore catholic and Im trying to better myself and get rid of rage and hate but I keep thinking about this

no where in the bible does it talk about praying to a necklace. just pray to jesus, as the bible commands. only follow what's in the bible

>Literally every country was Christian-based in europe until Anglo/Anglo-American Prots and French Atheists

Not really true and I'm a christian. The celts and britons practiced forms of woodland paganism, greece/rome was pagan, gauls/mdoern day germans were pagan. They only became christian after Constantine converted and his empire began to expand.

>choosing to pray to a jew on a stick
I hope you realize he initially didnt came to save us all but the hebrew instead, that should make you understand all you need to know about the "savior" of christianity.

Ask the pastor, weekly services are just there to tick boxes for people who are trying to keep up appearances. Any church worth the name will have bible study groups, divided by age/gender, and those will probably have a teaching cycle of about a year where you move through specific passages that have important lessons for the people in that group. The best way is to go t two or more churches of different doctrines. The goal is not to bite the dogma bait but learn to read the bible and discover the messages God is trying to tell you through his words. The same part of the bible will reveal different parts of God plan to different members of the flock. One can not have a meaningful relationship with the lord without listening to his voice. peace be with you user

>Santa Muerte.
literally voo doo

Praying the rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet is good for you.

Of course europe wouldn't be christian before missionaries arrived. But none of those were nation states... at best they were tribes and confederations. And they were uncivilized.

It’s the church that I go to. We would start at one of the books of the Bible and the pastor would deliver a sermon at the first chapter of the book. Every Sunday, he will preach on the next chapter until we finish the whole book and then move on to the next book. A journey to the Bible.