Discuss

Well Jow Forums....

Attached: Discuss.jpg (3200x2149, 2.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jonmcnaughton.com/interactive/the-forgotten-man
google.com/search?q=how many men have served as American President?&oq=how many men have served as American President?&aqs=chrome..69i57.7161j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I own this and it's signed by the artist

This piece of shit "art" is something my university's "Constitutionalist" club would come up. It's dorm room-ishly cartoonish.

Attached: babycop.jpg (640x619, 229K)

niggers will be niggers

Swap Teddy and Reagan

Oh, and Lincoln was no champion of constitutional limits. Even in Spielberg's film there's a scene where Lewis's Lincoln describes creating powers because he "felt he needed them."

Here's a dirty little secret of constitutional law for anyone interested. Congress is empowered to do nearly anything it wants. When the court hears a challenge to the constitutionality of a law, the onus is on the challenger. Laws passed are presumed to be constitutional. The executive is afforded enormous latitude in the carrying out of laws or the clarification of laws, particularly on matters of foreign policy or national security.

The Constitution empowers our government to...govern.

I like it. Not subtle at all, very clear on the message. Would commission/10.

Attached: LIBERTY.png (900x710, 512K)

What's the painting called?
"Lolbertarians meet reality."?

To be honest, some of the artist's depiction of Presidents leave me confused as to WHO they are exactly. Mainly some of the ones in the back.

And this is coming from a guy who knows basically everything about out 44 Presidents (and I am not counting Grover Cleveland twice).

I can't tell if the guy between Richard Nixon and George Bush Sr. is supposed to be Gerald Ford (most likely), or Calvin Coolidge (who I otherwise can't find, as he should also be more to the left part of the painting).

And is that supposed to be Harry Truman behind John F. Kennedy to the left, or is he to the right of Johnson? Why isn't he given a more prominent role?

Does anyone have a link to the guide, since this is frustrating me as to who some of these men are, due to either the less prominent ones being pushed all the way to the back, or having no real discernible facial features.

There are only 43 presidents, one is missing. I can't tell who's missing, thought it was Coolidge but he's behind FDR.

I got them all except for the one guy between Nixon and Ford. Ike wasn't as detailed or perhaps caricatured as he could have been.

But Coolidge's ideology doesn't align with FDR's. At all.

Why is he placed in that part of the painting, if that's him?

Attached: Trump growing.jpg (1500x1007, 1.45M)

Coolidge is behind FDR. Hoover is between Nixon and Ford, and Truman is between Nixon and LBJ.

One president is missing or am I just counting wrong?

LBJ creeping behind Kennedy is cracking me up.

Is that Will Forte on the left with the dog leash?

Also, he included William Henry Harrison behind George Washington.

He only served for a month.

I really would like a guide to the painting.

Attached: NIXON.png (62x89, 15K)

why the fuck is he planting a tree in the sidewalk what a retard

Is Trump stepping on the snake head because he's Jesus or because he's supposed to be an authoritarian? Or is the snake Obama? Is Obama the anti-christ?

I don't get it.

Attached: shutitdown.png (175x182, 78K)

Wait, Is that Coolidge or Hoover? In my opinion it looks like Hoover is between Clinton and FDR. The guy between Nixon and ford must be Coolidge, although not a very good likeness, but I can't find coolidge anywhere else.

WHAT ARE THOOOOOOSE

I'm guessing the artist's Presidential placement has to do with their constitutionality, though I can't really tell. I don't know why Teddy's on the far right with the likes of FDR and Wilson *shivers*, while Johnson and JQA are on the side of Lincoln.
I'll make a shoop with the names, give me a few.

What's not to get?

Its basically James Madison angry at Obama for trampling over the Constitution (which Madison drafted), while each President (except for one apparently) is more or less given a space as to where they stand on the issue.

It's hardly subtle.

>the only decent presidents post 1900 were reagan and kennedy
how true is this?

fuggin trump

Attached: ljhjh.jpg (480x360, 10K)

jonmcnaughton.com/interactive/the-forgotten-man

Found a guide, on McNaughton's website.

Im writing in Anti-masonic party 2020

Is that 18th century Ron Paul trying to get Obama to step off the constitution?

I think all the Presidents are there. I count 43, which with Cleveland being an ambitious mofo, makes 44 administrations. Trump is 45.

>google.com/search?q=how many men have served as American President?&oq=how many men have served as American President?&aqs=chrome..69i57.7161j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This, but put them both on the right side.

I guess it's the ancient representation of evil as a snake but in context with America threading on snakes can be misinterpreted.

Here's everyone I could identify

Attached: 1524269669552.jpg (3200x2149, 2.32M)

I like how you couldn't identify the black guy

I've grilled and eaten a pork chop. You've had your "few." What do you have for us.

Attached: you-gonna-get-raped.jpg (384x494, 51K)

>Take me in, tender woman. Take me in, for heaven's sake. Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake...

See We all know who that fucker is.

I wish I didn't

I disagree. I think the guy between FDR and Clinton is Hoover. And the guy between Ike and JFK is Harding. But I still think the guy between Nixon and Ford is a poor caricature of Coolidge. Oh, and I think you mixed up Garfield and Harrison 2. The guy to the left of Polk is Harrison 1. And lastly, the guy between Ford and Bush Sr. is Taylor.

Same

Attached: 1522324445809.jpg (500x485, 36K)

And he should have been in prison by lying about his real father

Attached: Frank_Marshall_Davis.jpg (284x351, 17K)

I see it now with Hoover.
I disagree with your Coolidge and Harding: the chin is not sharp enough for Harding. Coolidge had a very sharp, pronounced chin.
I thought the same too with Garfield and H2, but Garfield has very pronounced cheeks, H2 doesn't. Also Garfield's beard is longer.
Harrison 1 I agree, didn't look like him but I see it now.

So that means the guy between Nixon and Ford has to be Harding.
Updated pic.

Attached: 1524269669553.jpg (3200x2149, 2.32M)

you could have asked faggot

Attached: 1361841683552.jpg (1319x885, 229K)

Agree to disagree on the Harrison-Garfield thing. I think I'm right on that one based on the beard lengths. Now that I look harder, I think you're right about the Coolidge-Harding thing, though. But Harding is especially bad. And the more I look at Coolidge, the more he looks like McKinley.

hamilton was right

I just compared the two together with their portraits side by side and you're right, my mistake.

Attached: 125465168465.jpg (946x600, 197K)

I love to imagine the beatdown that Lincoln would give Obama...

Final pic with all corrections.

Attached: 1524269669554.jpg (3200x2149, 2.32M)

I really liked his message in this one.

Attached: 90CB4F68-A886-4768-94CE-7329C7206473.jpg (2048x1382, 772K)

Attached: 1524269669552.jpg (3200x2149, 2.44M)

You missed the nigger

FDR should be on the bench next to the guy

Who is the artist(s)?

How bout this one pol?

Attached: John-Steuart-Curry-Tragic-Prelude.jpg (1754x950, 507K)

You are the ugliest nidgget I have ever seen.

Nearly. Kennedy doesn't belong at all. He was incompetent and his presidency was a posthumous invention by his shanty-Irish family. His father was the last Kennedy to have a job.
Eisenhower and Coolidge were both decent. Clinton would have been bad if America let him. Reagan was the only President who left the world better than he found it by his own doing.

Yeah, I read this back when it was new. Anyone who wants to sperg over this should read it. It was kek-worthy even during the Tea Party era but the artist's statement is not without its strong points.

Oh boy, (((Spielberg))) sure is a trusty source. And you are right, your Congress can do whatever it wants, but you have the largest armed volunteer army in the world if it comes to that. So don't be so glum.

Look at him, creepy as fuck stare.

Gross are they like look brother and sister.

Why isn't Trump shown standing on the Constitution?

Attached: 1523520013341.jpg (633x500, 83K)

They all look the same, man

i dont get it, also cringe
lol wow that really special

>Lincoln
>respecting the constitution

Attached: doubt.jpg (600x909, 30K)

This is the only version worth looking at.

redpilled artwork thread?

Attached: Manifest Destiny.jpg (474x352, 32K)

Hanoi bombing intensifies

Reeks of cuckservative.

Attached: 1519927605376m.jpg (1024x768, 130K)

Perhaps?

Attached: lgsgqdo.jpg (1858x2299, 827K)

Not fucking true at all. Mckinley made the U.S become the world power it is today, Teddy got rid of the corrupt monopolies, Coolidge was Trump before Trump, Eisenhower made it so we have freeways, Reagan had a big impact on ending the Cold War.

Poor Robert Redford sitting on a bench

>teddy got rid of the corrupt monopolies
No he didn't, those were called "trusts" and they still exist today

Not fucking true at all. Mckinley was responsible for helping the U.S become the world superpower it is today, Teddy BTFO corrupt monopolies, Coolidge was Trump before Trump, and Eisenhower made it so we have freeways.

Know that feel. A great painting. Plus, the artist is Mormon so yay!

Attached: 1466828903740.gif (255x170, 677K)

Wtf is Jefferson reading?

Atlas shrugged

I really like that Lincoln.

They staged this picture, right?
Some american has to tell me why this picture is so famous. Do you guys actually remember the battle for Iwo Jima seeing this image, or is it the thing of 5 soldiers raising a flag eventhough realistically speaking this should only require two people tops?

I’m going to print and frame this.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1457463384886.jpg (574x500, 42K)

Sweet

The constitution's greatest flaw is the dependency upon the citizens to enforce it. The saying "you only have the rights you're willing to fight for" is correct, but the creators were very good with words and keeping things simple. America completely morphed in the early 20th century with FDR, but what could anyone in government do? The supreme court was going to be destroyed if they didn't play by FDR's rules, he won the election 4 times and republicans were useless(just as they are today). Believe it or not, congress isn't empowered to do anything, there's a section directing them to specific tasks, it's just that their authority expanded tremendously under rulings in the 1930s and no one has really stopped them. The people do have a lot of power though, it's arguable that while there are three branches of government, there are 3 ways the people supersede them: grand juries above prosecutors, referendums above legislators and petit juries above judges. All 3 of these should dominate the 3 branches of government, yet the people have allowed the federal courts to supersede their constitutional referendum power and declare constitutional amendments "unconstitutional". Then you have grand juries which are a complete farce, only government prosecutors can bring cases and it's all in secret- a citizen can't bring a claim. And finally petit juries which still wield their full weight are prevented from understanding their authority in the court room. Judges will even ask potential jurors individually if they'll leave matters of the law to the judge and simply decide the facts. Juries have authority over both through nullification.

It's OJ.