Holding a conversation

Grown up 28 year old big dick wisdom advice to you kids to have a conversation:

1. Don't interrupt

2. Don't dominate

3. Force yourself to be zoned-in interested

4.Connect what they're saying to your own past experiences, convections, beliefs, etc

5. Strive to deliver your conversations in a unique way, even when not inspired to have the conversation at all - avoid a cliche tone of voice & delivery style, and have your own take on generic responses, phrases etc

6. Give an animated delivery - whether physically, or through well delivered humor

After a while this will come natural, and your life will dramatically increase - this is called charisma, and it'll help steer your life where you want it to go. It's what helps guide you through life - you lose your charisma and confidence, you lose that guiding light.

We can't always be in a good mood, but charisma will help guide you through it, like it will with anything else in life

I know having a good conversation is a foreign concept to millennials, so here it is player

Attached: 20170903_141540.jpg (3264x1836, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xvtQXtdscCfr2q31SAT7oeZKeRwBYbZk1__S2X50pvk/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=jOIiQm-k8ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

having one attribute of many increased is not maturity

Problem is, nobody’s worth talking to anymore.

Attached: 866F576D-AC99-41CD-B0C5-882C044A02E4.jpg (306x306, 31K)

Having attractive charisma is a major life saver when lacking the other attributes

If you're stuck in a rut without charisma, life becomes harder

Moving out at an earlier age helps wonders - and indeed is why each generation is getting more socially awkward

Bullshit, thats a horrible excuse to cut yourself from human contact. There are plenty of interesting, intelligent people who are totally worth having a discussion with.

Attached: 1519504980437.jpg (685x456, 48K)

when i conversate i sometimes find myself getting bored of what i am saying so i'll just stop what i'm saying mid sentence

when the other person is talking i am constantly finding myself in a daze not retaining anything they say, with a fake smile, and nodding occasionally to act interested

life's pretty hard iibh

At Walmart last night I was at the self-checkout section, and even having a good and quick conversation with the self checkout associate was enough of a confidence booster.

I needed help with something being scared, and rather than just monotone ask for help and thank them, I put the extra effort into coming up with a witty way of asking for help along with making fun of myself while giving her a smile

It's as easy as 1 2 3, 100% im telling you

And by the way, a good conversation is a quick cheat code in a sense to boost self-esteem

Idk about all of that, but I noticed that people love to talk about themselves and offer advice to other people. If you ask them about their life or personal advice and act interested, they’ll like you. And when talking to females, you should dominate the conversation and even be casually rude.

That is actually 100% true. When I have quit conversations with people... When I actually put the energy to do so, it becomes so apparent and just how many friends I could actually have if I really wanted to.

You know, this is actually a red pill for having good social skills. Having a good conversation is what red pills you and separates you from the masses

Ain't no one gonna read that wall of text nigga. Learn to get straight to the point, instead of wasting our time you queer.

As a 26 year old who's been in many different types of social circles, I can say that 1 and 2 are bullshit. People gravitate to forceful individuals, not to cucks.

i only enjoy talking to people when im drunk

Attached: 1454009920674.jpg (627x627, 60K)

>Well, feed me garlic and call me stinky!

Attached: 1361_v3_ba.jpg (270x360, 50K)

Right, and this perhaps comes from being sheltered, in a sense?

I was spoiled rotten, but my social skills were thankfully on point from all of the friends that I had, so I learned a lot from that

Same time, I moved out of the house at 26 and was spoiled rotten, so in terms of practical living on your own skills I am fucked (momentarily)

But if someone was there all of that well-adjusted socially while still being spoiled rotten and moved out of the house later... That can seriously be a legitimate detriment to that person's future

Helicopter parenting is child abuse

>Good advice for social skills
>That flag

Am I being rused?

Yeah, I have a vice in trying to give advice to people, but I have it pretty balanced out by asking questions and being interested as well

>Don't dominate
404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040404040400404040404040404004040404040404040040404040

I'm talking about in the conversation bro. If you dominate the conversation you are going to come across as an ass.

What you were thinking of is having the dominant influence in the conversation. There is a difference.

I will let the other person talk just as much as me to not dominate the conversation in that way, however the words that are coming out of my mouth are more engaging and ear opening. THAT comes from rule #5 &6

im going to need you to intellectually unpack that idea for me

Why the fuck would I want to talk to people irl? Fuck off.

Post moar, what a qt

ENTP fellows UNITE!!

Fellow introverts. Especially young ones (even the underages though you should be b& mothafukas). Keep your attention in the body language. Maybe you will not understand it. But you will see patrons. With time, when you see a set of patrons in an individual, you can start to predict them in a way that normies will be blown. Theres barely 20 types of character patrons. Learn to see them, and just go from there. Adapt your discourse. Have sources. People who dont rely on sources must be discarded. They are outside our reach.

Peace broz. ENTP is absolutely possible for all the autists who miss social contact. But be ready to fail. Thats the way of inproving.

You know, I used to be like that in the past. But nowadays I'm living as a 26 year-old NEET and I find myself having less and less to talk about, and becoming absolutely boring to others.

Even with close friends, I just can't think of anything to talk about. Something always comes up eventually, but in the past I wasn't that conscious about it.

I might be a bit depressed and trying to hide it, too.

I've learnt two things:
1) the more you hang out, and the more life you share, more stuff you have to talk about. E.g.: with coworkers, you are with them 8 hours a day, but you can almost always talk about the job, other people there, it's endless.
2) if you have nothing going on in your life (no new girls, no parties, no new jobs), you become very boring very fast.

Have a bump

Yeah:

Everyone says that older people mature quicker, and there's something to be said about that - they moved out sooner

Their social, handyman, budgeting, & scheduling skills were crafted a a lot sooner, by authentically feeling it themselves

OP are you an RN? You look like some guy that used to post on here.

OP here

Your symptoms are in line with depression, to get a hold of it, see my guide on depression here:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xvtQXtdscCfr2q31SAT7oeZKeRwBYbZk1__S2X50pvk/edit?usp=drivesdk

What fucking world are you from where you don't think people know how to hold a conversation? Or do you actually just never go outside?

about to hire tutors to help get As & Bs for my prereqs to get into Nursing - I'm more in the "about to-about to" stage

Post butthole

Ah ok I could've sworn the picture you posted was of the RN dude who posted a while ago.

Hah, but you sound like someone who only interacts with his friends.

It's being in public regularly is what reminds you on just how fluoride-stare sedated the average person really is

I'm in nursing school rn. It's painful but I'm glad I'm almost done.

I have yet to experience it to a point where it's noticeable, I'll meet the odd person here or there who is obviously a dick or not right in the head, but I wouldn't say that's a millenial problem, since I see it all age groups.

>28
>not a millennial

AIYYO
I'MMA TELL YOU GUYS HOW TO GET IN THIS LIFE AND DOMINATE YO

YO YOU GOTTA BE OUT THERE GIVE YOURSELF FULLY TO THIS LIFE.

CONNECT. LIVE. LOVE.
BE INTERESTED
BE ANIMATED. ACCELERATE YOUR LIFE

OP IS A FAGGOT

What type of work could I tolerate for the rest of my life? I don't want to stare at a computer at least all day, I want to have my body intact when I'm old, and helping and healing your community for itself

The only thing about being a teacher, because being a teacher is kind of relevant to that, is that you are forced to interact with a bunch young assholes. With older assholes in the hospital, at least you have confirmation that they're old enough to be idiots

It doesn’t matter if there’s nothing to talk about. You drive the conversation according to your agenda.
When I was 16 me and a friend of mine ate an 1/8th of shrooms and needed a blunt wrap, so we walked 4 miles to the nearest train station and took the train into town. We then walked to the convenience store near our school. I walked in and could sense and see the Korean shopkeepers negative sad energy. We talked, and got engaged in conversation, and my positive energy was infectious. She ended up selling me, an underaged kid, tobacco products with a smile on her face, waving goodbye as I walked out.
Don’t underestimate the power of charisma.

Post dic

> 1. Don't interrupt

Depends on what you're trying to achieve.

> 2. Don't dominate

Same.

> 3. Force yourself to be zoned-in interested

Bad advice in some cases.

> 4.Connect what they're saying to your own past experiences, convections, beliefs, etc

Oh god, why? What a spineless way to act. Are you trying to blend in, or to talk?

> 5. Strive to deliver your conversations in a unique way, even when not inspired to have the conversation at all - avoid a cliche tone of voice & delivery style, and have your own take on generic responses, phrases etc

Bad advice. Certain delivery styles and tones are better to achieve specific goals. If you want to gain some actual charisma, you should actually start by learning how to mimic good speakers without sounding silly.

> 6. Give an animated delivery - whether physically, or through well delivered humor

Why? Acting disinterested is way better in certain situations.

You sound incredibly pretentious. Like those PUA guys who get so invested in their little games that they start sounding like they want to fuck their interlocutor even when they're talking with dudes.

Attached: all so tiresome.jpg (266x190, 7K)

>You sound incredibly pretentious.
The mofo posted a picture of himself.

>3. Bad advice in some cases.
Wrong
>4. Oh god, why? What a spineless way to act. Are you trying to blend in, or to talk?
I would agree that doing it too much makes you come off as self-centered, but it is good to help create a relationship

Stopped reading here. tfw i failed number 3

I mean I'll just say this, every girl that I have dated - 100% every girl - was well above me

I mean, the Canadian poster earlier doesn't think it's that bad, but how else would you explain an average-looking guy like me getting above average girls? It's because the average guy doesn't have Charisma - a sense of self. Honed in on what makes them unique

When you achieve your Zen and realize what separates you from the average guy, you naturally emit a unique Vibe. In English it's called charisma

I posted a link on getting it earlier:

> Wrong
It's not wrong, it's a great way to provoke someone or to make someone annoying go away.

> I would agree that doing it too much makes you come off as self-centered, but it is good to help create a relationship

Are you trying to create a relationship with everyone you meet? You do realize that some male to male conversations are extremely combative and this kind of shit will instantly relegate you to beta status? You try pulling that shit with army people and you're absolutely done in social terms.

>It's not wrong, it's a great way to provoke someone or to make someone annoying go away.

By paying attention to someone who is complaining you will provoke them? You may have misunderstood what OP meant by number 3.

>Are you trying to create a relationship with everyone you meet? You do realize that some male to male conversations are extremely combative and this kind of shit will instantly relegate you to beta status? You try pulling that shit with army people and you're absolutely done in social terms.

Yes I want to create a type of relationship where they respect me. Even random people on the street that I speak to. Male to male conversations are only extremely combative if both people having the conversation don't understand what they're doing, and I was in the Army

>Oh god, why? What a spineless way to act. Are you trying to blend in, or to talk?

The other day I was in a deli and spotted an Iranian flag. I took that bit and personally connected it to myself, which on an instinctive level, it creates a trusting -I'm-not-your-enemy" vibe. Hunter gatherer "this guy can be in my tribe" vibe. Believe it

The last portion is just explaining the importance of not defaulting to predictable mannerisms.

I was standing in line for a long while at a health clinic the other day, and when I was finally called up I enthusiastically greeted the desk lady, as opposed to having an "ugh, finally!' Attitude.

Having a unique vibe in that sense is 100% crucial to putting you above the rest kiddo

>Are you trying to create a relationship with everyone you meet?

OP here. That's just it, when you repeat that effort into conversation it doesn't - does not - feel like it at all, it's just this naturally positive, engaging sense that comes out

Not all the time or whatever, though I easily could if I wanted to, and it wouldn't be a problem at all, like driving water

Got my haircut the other day, got two phone numbers from a businessman and a crazy talented musician

By the way, think about who's going to be at your side in terms of destitute or nearing death.

Expanding your social circle is a survive trait

>By paying attention to someone who is complaining you will provoke them?

Imagine a drunk annoying dude trying to chat with you in a bar and go from there. My friend almost started a few fights because of that. He just didn't understand that the correct response was to be brief, polite, and to project strength, not to pretend nothing's going on.

> Male to male conversations are only extremely combative if both people having the conversation don't understand what they're doing, and I was in the Army

Wait, are you trying to say that you skipped the banter and instantly became buddy-buddy with everyone by following OPs advice? I'm not buying this.

> Having a unique vibe in that sense is 100% crucial to putting you above the rest kiddo

You're trying to achieve dominance here. I actually, you did that in the OP. Why don't you practice what you preach?

> and when I was finally called up I enthusiastically greeted the desk lady, as opposed to having an "ugh, finally!' Attitude.

Yes, when you're in "neutral" mode being kind to people is a good habit to have.

You know if you think about it, it's actually very Alpha as fuck, being conversational

Imagine you are plainly dressed and you are talking to a guy that just walked out of a Mercedes S-Class while wearing Versace.

And all of that just goes out the window when your energy is more convincing than his in a conversation, which I am telling you will attract friends but also quality women

We just have lower standards here in Finland for social skills, what is considered autistic there is considered extremely outgoing and charismatic.

>Imagine a drunk annoying dude trying to chat with you in a bar and go from there.

I think there's a misunderstanding. Being zoned in with someone doesn't mean you will drag on, and in fact you should actually allow the other person to dominate conversations. It just means you focus on the conversation when you have one.

>Wait, are you trying to say that you skipped the banter and instantly became buddy-buddy with everyone by following OPs advice? I'm not buying this.

People don't banter with me until we become close to me. They respect me

It is. Understanding how to speak to people is a very important skill

This is how club swaggas are born

Nice blog post faggot.

What does this have to do with politics?

>what does interpersonal communication have to do with politics
Not. Gonna. Make. It.

>It just means you focus on the conversation when you have one.

Oh, absolutely. I'd say that's situational awareness 101. You don't have to act interested, but you should always track what the other person is saying and/or doing.

> People don't banter with me until we become close to me. They respect me

I find that hard to believe in a competitive environment. Males always banter when trying to establish some hierarchy in a male-dominated group. I guess you could cut through that by doing what you propose if you had the conversational skills of someone like Peterson, but in all honesty it's easier to respond to bullying by being a bully yourself.

There would absolutely be low divorce rates and high birth rates if only people new how to mutuallybring each other at ease. 100%

>Grown up
>28 year old

Attached: 1431220023170.png (576x864, 710K)

More pics or gtfo

How much of an autist do you have to be to give conversation advice to fucking Jow Forums. If you have to play a set of instructions in your mind to keep a conversation going maybe you should just stop talking to people and accept the fact you're an antisocial faggot.

>You don't have to act interested, but you should always track what the other person is saying and/or doing.

I personally prefer acting interested, but yeah. It is pretty basic, but people seem to not be able to do it.

> Males always banter when trying to establish some hierarchy in a male-dominated group.

Yeah they do once I get closer with them. I exercise a lot, and push myself very hard in every field of life. People tend not to banter with me until they know me more for whatever reason

In the workplace, you establish a higher ranking by being Mr Charisma

Nobody is all the time - duh

By reaching nirvana and knowing HOW to activate, you'll immediately be felt as the star in the room.

The broader point is that it'll become natural, and you won't think anything of it

Or at least I hope this is teachable, I just smoked weed and type out what I've noticed I do in conversations

Almost everything.

It's not that I need them, it's just giving advice to people who perhaps do, or just need remembering

I at least hope that those steps that I typed aren't instinctive and that they can indeed be learned.

It goes back to the old question if whether or not a sense of humor can be learned or a sense of coolness. I'm probably optimistic

fucko ff and what the fuck is that horrible spacing
couldn't read past your first line of text, sorry, buddy

That's the point though. You don't just become Mr Charisma. If you're new, people are going to fuck with you. You can either do the good guy routine as the OP suggested, or prove that you're a bigger bully and that you shouldn't be fucked with. The former is way harder, which is why most people tend to act like assholes and why most of this shit sounds incredibly mean from the outside.

Attached: Entp Q.png (500x280, 185K)

What the fuck is with the weird spacing and topic in this thread?

In all likelihood, you probably read the entire post by looking at it again as you typed that very response :O

Psych BSN here. P sweet career being able to work 3 12s in a row and get 4 days off. I couldn't work medsurg but I fucking love psych.

Good luck user!

jesus christ, go back

Just regular BSN here. Really considering working in mental health. I haven't enjoyed medsurge but I did enjoy my psych rotation.

talk is cheap

Prove you have a big dick and post it

Best thing about nursing is you can switch whenever you get bored. There's a lot of people here who switched from medsurg/ICU.

>ITT: what would probably save the kissless virgins is dismissed

>don't dominate

Fact is, most people are boring, I dominate every conversation I'm in but i know how to make it interesting. People (especially women and betas) love that since they don't know how to lead unless you give them prompts.

Most of your advice is okay, but its very generic bullshit youd find by typing *how not to be awkward* on google.
Conversing is a talent, you can either do it or you can't
There is no helping the hopeless.

Edgy

Go to hell.

>Translator's note: SHUT. IT. DOWN.

>Grown up 28 year old big dick
If still thinking about your dick you are not grown up

People have been living in inter-generational homes for thousands of years and moving out at 18 was just a brief babyboomer phenomenon

In lots of countries like southern europe and latin america people live with their parents into their 30's and people are very social

I have nothing I want to communicate, and nothing that I want to fucking hear. Even regarding "interesting" people.

I'll stick with fucking brooding myself into the grave thank you very much.

As a matter of fact, I would rather like to break your body with a bat.

What's going on Sven? Cheer up bro. I know Avicii is dead, but life goes on my friend.

Avicii was utter pisswater for plebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=jOIiQm-k8ds