Aren't the Swiss supposed to be a neutral country?

Why would they buy Trump's F-35? Why not e.g. the Swedish Gripen which is a neutral fighter ... or just build their own fighter jets? I assume the Swiss have the manufacturing capabilities and they sure have the money to build fighter jets, if Sweden can do it.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 9.06.41 PM.png (1246x1206, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenia_Aermacchi_M-346_Master
youtu.be/LciiZ0IWyyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hey, someones gotta get rich off Lockheed

It's probably cheaper to buy American fighter jets than to manufacture their own.

>It's probably cheaper to buy American fighter jets than to manufacture their own.
The Swiss are way rich. They can afford to build their own fighters. Jesus, even the Caliphate of Swedistan can afford a fighter jet program and Sweden is way poorer than Switzerland.

Definitely cheaper than the monstrosity which is the EuroFighter

Why do they even buy jets when their pilots have breakfast break every time they are supposed to intercept planes?

Sweden has a huge integrated defense industry.

>Aren't the Swiss supposed to be a neutral country?
Neutrality is a luxury afforded by geography and armaments.

They'r coming for you Krauts! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

>or just build their own fighter jets?
Yeah, if only it were so easy.

Because all your Swede and EU jets suck Hanz.

That's why they need an army.
In case of WWIII, they'll just attack everyone.

Switzerland and Sweden is actually the same country.

Attached: swiss_viking.webm (832x624, 1.35M)

>even the Caliphate of Swedistan can afford a fighter jet program and Sweden is way poorer than Switzerland.
yeah no. The GDP is not that different. The Swiss are like 15% richer than the Swedes.

switzerland doesn't have enough flat surface for regular take off/landing jets and thus has to resort to harriers and f-36s

I just read this as well, why would they do this and what are they planning? Considering this and the recent militarisation of Poland its beginning to look like a national security concern for Germany, Germany needs answers for this, if none are provided within 24 hours they should invade both

BASED

It's so the kids can dream to be a pilot.

I've always wondered why Russiaboos shill so hard that the F-35 is garbage and a "flying bathtub" as they call it yet all these countries are buying it and no one cares about their shitty Sukhois. Is it literally just information warfare?

wait
I thought the mountain jews were smart
how did they fall for this
were they outjewed?

The Gripen is a fighter for poor countries with shitty runways. It is good for what it is. It is an F-16 competitor.

The F35 is the only capable 5th gen fighter you can buy. Even if it wasn't stealth, its sensors and communications are far better than any other fighter.

You can only stay neutral if you can fuck up anyone foolish enough to invade you

Attached: hidden-swiss-bunkers-5[6].jpg (800x533, 93K)

So what? We still need a military capable of defending the country.

Attached: 2B34B077-3B12-47F8-903A-3C7CB55B3B7B.jpg (1024x904, 111K)

No European country should buy US weapons ever. It only shoes how much America's bitch we want to be.

>neutral country
They were buying 109s during WW2. No reason they can't defend themselves if it becomes necessary.

Don't worry, Switzerland's neutrality is like 100 so world tension should be at 100 for them to invade anyone.

>implying you have a choice

>Lets buy those exceedingly skyrocketing jets bc neutral!!!!

the best way to be neutral is to not get fucked with.

being a pacifist and hoping for the best is retarded

I suppose we have as much choice as you have choice to be Israel's warmachine.

They probably need something with VTOL for their navy.

Russians are good at building cheap effective weapons that are a good value for the money. They really are decent.

If you want the best though, buy American, but goddamn if it won't cost you.

>inb4 shitty devolved discussion about small arms AK AR debates
>no one actually gives a goddamn what a grunt carries into battle

What you just said sounds like a lack of logic

>Germany needs answers for this, if none are provided within 24 hours they should invade both
There is also Finland which seems to be a problem. I cut that time down to 16 hours for them as they are so close to Sweden and Russia.

Attached: 1524486955391.jpg (1219x1218, 256K)

>I assume the Swiss have the manufacturing capabilities
you assume very wrong

>So what? We still need a military capable of defending the country.
Does buying American fighter jets with a software off-switch not make you a tad bit... let's say "not freaking neutral"?

Belgium, just stick to making beer and shut the fuck up you goddamn culturally confused clusterfuck of a country with a piss stained flag

>trumps f35

Because trump invented the entire program. Here is a possibility. Your favorite jet plane is a meme and the US make the better jet plane.

Germans are obviously suffering intellectually thanking to refugee and African Muslim diaspora.

That hurts, user.

If they're rich, than why not buy it from someone else?

I just find it kind of humorous when Russiaboos talk about how their jets are so maneuverable and link the same video of their Sukhois doing fancy upside down tricks at an air show, and they think of that as a military advantage. It's like saying our infantry is better because a few of our soldiers can do gymnastics.

>>I assume the Swiss have the manufacturing capabilities
>you assume very wrong
They have Pilatus and RUAG, I am sure the Swiss can build an awesome fighter jet if they wanted to.

Attached: 5565.jpg (900x596, 246K)

> why buy a windows computer just make your own operating system or use TempleOS

Why buy your own when you can import and save the R&D costs? Besides this doesn't mean they have to side with NATO anyway it's just profitable to America because now Russia thinks of Switzerland more as an enemy and this may force them to side with NATO

I give you the embodiment of every Russiaboo argument

Attached: spetznatz.jpg (600x400, 187K)

neutral doesn't mean demilitarized

They are neutral, not retarded.

>responding to niggers
Th-thanks, Hans.

>they can build turboprop trainers therefore they can build supersonic fighters that can rival what's currently on the market
Were you born this way or did you become retarded by accident?

It's a demonstration of secret USSR weapon, that turns earth upside down (including cameraman in this case), while spetznaz guy, who is not turned upside down, attacks confused enemy with an axe.

>> why buy a windows computer just make your own operating system or use TempleOS
Exactly. Windows is shit. If you are smart, you use your own Unix based system for your military - you DON'T use anything Microschrott created.

we had this thread yesterday.

buy Rafales , the only logical and non-jewed choice.

If an obscure Italian company can build a jet fighter, the Swiss can too.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenia_Aermacchi_M-346_Master

Attached: Alenia_Aermacchi_T-346A_Master_MM55155_61-04_formazione_legend_(22064642876).jpg (1680x1120, 673K)

because it's the best tool for the job?

There's a huge scale involved that you're not taking into account. GDP per capita isn't the deal- GDP is. This is why China can afford some nice things now, despite the fact that they're overwhelmingly peasants.

Greatest ally

Attached: 1396113452198 - Copy - Copy.jpg (928x1869, 555K)

And yet the mutts are the bitches of your non country, they use your weapons

That's a trainer my man.

youtu.be/LciiZ0IWyyk

Swiss af

Attached: Screenshot_20180408-075407.png (1440x2560, 173K)

go ahed and suggest me a vendor to take care of maintaining that """unix based system""" you fucking commie GPL faggot

>That's a trainer my man.
But it can be armed and it is a jet. And it is from an obscure Italian company.

The Swiss can do that too.

NO NO NO NO NO PLEAAAAAASSEEE NOOOOO

>leonardo is obscure
>based on an existing design
>a trainer is a fighter

It depends on what their needs are.
The Gripen as good as it is, is physically tiny compared to the F-35 or Typhoon (seriously its small as fuck)
And I just don't think they could carry that much gold in one....
What?! Whens the last time the swiss went to fucking war?

Attached: 1521754127721.jpg (680x510, 29K)

le 99.7%

>unix is linux
Fucking kill yourself

anything can be armed , buy a mig-29 , same shit that would be taken down by anything from few kilometers of distance.

see how the Iraqi airforce got completely dominated in few days by the US.

>But it can be armed and it is a jet.
In the same sense that a VW Golf is a car like a Porsche GT3 RS is a car. We're talking two totally different levels of capability here.

>aermacchi
>obscure
what the fuck are you smoking?They literally made some of our best airplanes

Alenia isn't obscure and that isn't jet fighter. Even though they could build one, but developing one is expensive, it's cheaper to buy from allies

check what I quoted but I think you might be new here, that's these weird numbers

Swiss neutrality just means we do not involve ourselves in armed conflict between other states.

Ironically, most of the big US companies will, HP have their own unix division and OS. (HP-UX)

>it's cheaper to buy from allies
But the whole point of Switzerland is that they may not have allies as they are strictly neutral... hence the threat title. They are supposed to build those fighter jets themselves or buy from Sweden, which is also neutral.

yeah , that and the fact that nobody would attack you because everyone possess a bank account in Swiss.

You mentioned the GPL when talking about Unix so it's obvious you got confused somewhere
You might want to check on obscure companies called IBM and Oracle as well

>Swiss neutrality just means we do not involve ourselves in armed conflict between other states.
So guess what the F-35 will do to you. Guess what. If ISIS starts its Swiss caliphate and you want to bomb them, guess who will knock at your door telling you to "let them in for ground support" ... and who will stay in your country with its military bases?

If I were rich I would be willing to buy fighter planes from a country like USA just to paint my damn flag on them.

no. Being neutral mean that you can buy from whoever you want. Take for example Finland, they got MiG-21s before Warsaw Pact countries because soviets didn't want them get to close to West

>Finland
>neutral
pick one

For example former Finnish Prime Minister, Matti Vanhanen, on 5 July 2006, stated that Finland was no longer neutral;

"Mr Pflüger described Finland as neutral. I must correct him on that: Finland is a member of the EU. We were at one time a politically neutral country, during the time of the Iron Curtain. Now we are a member of the Union, part of this community of values, which has a common policy and, moreover, a common foreign policy."[33]

hurr durr okay then not Microsoft but HP, everything better than extending your own TempleOS which was the whole point of my argument
the """unix based""" was arbitrary AF as this includes (((MacOS))) as well, suspected the fag I replied to was regularly shoving a firefox up his ass masturbating to old videos of RMS

>me a vendor to take care of maintaining that """unix based system"""
How about Oracle (i.e. Solaris OS) IBM (AIX) and HP (HP-UX) or IRIX (SGI) idiot. Yeah no major vendor support at all. Also if you want to get technical OSX (Apple) is Unix, (not Linux) as well

Because the Swedish one is so shit even the Russian ones seem like space age tech compared to them.

The Swiss will buy up what they need from both the Americans and the Ruskies, reverse engineer it and shit out their own production line when a suitable conflict errupts.

I meant Finland in Cold War

Why are you telling me this

dude, this is the whole point, that's why buying something big and established that follows standards ("""unix""" the same as windows in that case) over fucking making your own TempleOS

but Finland is still neutral on paper, like Sweden and Austria. Only Bosnia is really neutral country in Europe, but that is really shit. They are only neutral because they cannot reach an agreement on anything

this

>"""unix""" the same as windows
what? Are you serious there? Do you know what Unix actually is and why I mentioned it?

We agree on that, but this german guy doesn't sound bright enough to understand basic shit

actually the new gen gripens are better the some of our shitty jets, almost everything we have malfunctions along with being way too old, f35 is dog shit garbage with electric wiring problems, along with other problems. The chinks probably have better tech then us in the fighter jet field.

>Why are you telling me this
Sensitive mouse I guess, you got clicked as I was reading your reply, sorry eh

It's an operating system from the 70s

>germanosphere countries fighting each other
Why

If you're neutral and someone invades you, what do?

Swiss haven't had this issue because they have an outrageous amount of armed citizens and live in very rough terrain, invading them would be absolute hell which is why no one does it.

Why did they buy the bf109 from you guys back in the late 30s? Answer your own questions.

I think you must be 18 to browse this website

>It's an operating system from the 70s
Nope.

Attached: 1920px-Unix_history-simple.svg.png (1920x1330, 268K)

i don't think the chinks have anything better than the US , they are stealing every tech since at least 1952 and they suck at making it good or work.
even the new carrier they launched yesterday has a fucking ramp and is inferior to the Anglo carrier.
the J-20 "looks" nice but that doesn't mean it's good , they never test them in combat anyway.