Catholic General - /cg/

God bless you, Jow Forums. Come and discuss our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

>Overbin
pastebin.com/NVcvpAEP
Containing all further pastebin links.

>The Basics of Christianity,
pastebin.com/H06aCfNe
This one I highly recommend to people wanting to relearn the faith, learn of Catholicism, or simply learn Christianity better.

>The Papacy and Church Authority
pastebin.com/Gq0Rf4TL

>The Communion and Intercession of Saints
pastebin.com/ATQnpVfe

>Sacred Tradition and its Connection to Scripture
pastebin.com/LnCungNW

>The Problem of Evil and the Problem of Hell
pastebin.com/ZU01sygz

>Galileo, Giodano Bruno, and Wycliffe
pastebin.com/TXRv3hHG

>Why Mary is called "Queen of Heaven".
pastebin.com/n7Enk9aP

>The "Whore of Babylon"
pastebin.com/dQGrKhZu

>The Origin of the Hail Mary
pastebin.com/7ibTzYiD

>Scripture on Christian Unity
pastebin.com/ZFhcHLTC

>For the Community: Tales of Love
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

>For the Community: The Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK

Attached: 1512341616102.jpg (1000x1489, 526K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies
youtube.com/watch?v=1XgGL_T1qG4
youtube.com/watch?v=1drtim65OA0
youtu.be/wd7R67yydcY
youtu.be/YCSeo-P-P_E
youtu.be/sqwV9l-U8ds
youtu.be/dBc0pE4f50g
youtu.be/WCX50GiR6QU
jesusneverexisted.com/
catholiceducation.org/en/faith-and-character/faith-and-character/mother-teresas-long-dark-night.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KfGZ2VgXuRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies

Attached: luther.jpg (600x645, 69K)

(((Luther)))

Attached: 1-10.jpg (647x800, 119K)

Post your favourite hymns anons.
I've found some new beautiful ones recently.

>youtube.com/watch?v=1XgGL_T1qG4
>youtube.com/watch?v=1drtim65OA0

Your god does not exist
Your priest is a liar
Your religion is a scam
And you were the mark

Attached: ricky.jpg (530x530, 34K)

Attached: 129712912971.jpg (564x960, 74K)

How are my fellow christian brothers doing on this beautiful evening?

Attached: GirlKissesVirginMary.jpg (1000x750, 49K)

Attached: 1524434902694.jpg (480x480, 37K)

I am well, thank you. Thinking of making some life changes soon, please pray for me. How are you?

Praying for you user.
What type of changes?
Doing good mate, thanks

Planning after I graduate to take a year out and begin another degree the following year. I realised my current degree isn't the sector I want to work in.

Also thanks for the prayers :)

Hello my christian brothers , God has blessed us with another day. May the peace of Christ be upon you, guys I've got a funny feeling we are in the final hour. Like really, really close Anyone else

People have been thinking that since 33AD. I hope it comes soon, because I want this world to end, but on the other hand the longer it is the more people who have a chance to know Christ.

Retards have been saying this for 2000 years. You're a slow learner, champ.

I'll discuss your Lord if you'll tell me does this have a place in your Christian society...
youtu.be/wd7R67yydcY

Eastern Orthodox is the only true path to God. Catholics are nigger-tier sheep for pedos.

Yeah I'm a realistic man and realize that countless times the end was here, but what do you think about God showing a person things

You're a towel, but seriously if someone you knew and respected said to you they were getting visions what would you say

Attached: 1518321119950.png (1212x1564, 1.68M)

>I realised my current degree isn't the sector I want to work in
Been there mate.. it sucks. Best of luck to your new path :)

>guys I've got a funny feeling we are in the final hour.
Of what?
Christ's return?
Judgement day?

>"I've got a funny feeling we are in the final hour. Like really, really close"
>keep saying this until the day you die
For real though, what makes you think this?

As long as it doesn't try to destroy the church.

Please, someone pray for me, I feel sometimes that I cannot with the pressure of this world, the wicked and evil people are very larger in number. I am sedevacantist and even is more difficult.

Have a bump, brother.

Attached: maria_4.jpg (1600x1200, 262K)

Luther did nothing wrong, Catholics are Jew lovers.

Attached: 51uvAH4vFTL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 48K)

I am not feeling good about our church I worry I may fall into despair and it's never good when I do

A towel? That's odd. I would presume they were doing drugs or were mentally unwell.

Thanks lad. Looking to go into computer science and hopefully ending up in game development, makes me happier than what I currently study!
user the Church has been through worse and it still stands. We are going through a trying time, but the Church was here long before you were born and it will be here long after you are dead.

Reminder that the Roman Catholic church is the Whore of Babylon, a pagan abomination and global facilitator for most of the evils of humanity.

They were "Globalism" before the term was invented.

It must be sad having no one who cares about you in your life, user. I just want to let you know I am praying for you.

Please refrain from stating facts. It scares the godtards.

Attached: Aileen Yulik.jpg (384x288, 15K)

youtu.be/YCSeo-P-P_E
youtu.be/sqwV9l-U8ds

These are Russian Orthodox and sounds pretty nice too.

youtu.be/dBc0pE4f50g
youtu.be/WCX50GiR6QU

To sum up the recent weeks of my life:
>genuinely interested in Christianity after living 20 years as an atheist (and some other reasons)
>first time I ever prayed I asked the lord to help me resist certain urges that have held me back, like lazyness and especially the urge to masturbate which I literally could not stop doing since I was ~14
>I haven't had the urge to masturbate in 2 weeks, am excercising and now reading the bible

I was saved by Christianity.

God bless you, user. Just know that times may get tough and you may relapse, but pick yourself up and get back on the path. Christ loves you.
Have you been to a mass yet? I would highly recommend going this Sunday :)

He didn't exist. What do you want to discuss next?

jesusneverexisted.com/

No I have not, but yes I'm going to try. If not this Sunday, then hopefully the next.

Dispute Christ's divinity if you wish, but to deny that Jesus actually lived is incredibly intellectually dishonest

Bump

Sorry for the late reply, been doing university work.
That is good to hear. Just don't partake in the Eucharist :)
Thanks! They're beautiful

Attached: 1503631123889.png (475x395, 308K)

Give me arguments for and against racemixing please, based on the bible ofcourse.
This question plagues me for months already.
Didnt jesus once say something like those that believe in him are of one race?
In the old testament you have stories about people getting speared in the gutt for marrying a women from one province away.

Don't take part in the Eucharist? Why is that?

I'm assuming from your post that you are not in a state of grace through going to confession. Catholicism believes in the True Presence and thus takes the Eucharist very severely. You cannot take it if you have any unconfessed mortal sins.
>1 Cor 11:27 Therefore whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord.

Oh I see, thank you. How would I go about confessing? Like do I ask a priest when I show up or...?

There are usually confession times posted on the parish website.
Have you been baptised? If so, was it in the Catholic church? I believe you need to be a part of the Church before going to confession, I'm not sure. If you contact the local church and ask for a meeting with the priest they will be more than happy to meet with you and talk about how you can get things started.

I have never been part of a Church or baptized, no. But I'll contact my local Church ASAP. Thank you for helping me.

Oh then I think you can't go to confession yet :(
There is a class called RCIA, Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults, which prepares you for coming into the Church. I would recommend you try to attend that.
God bless you, user. Keep up the good fight.

I'm doing pretty good desu. Past few months I've developed very spiritually and have been discerning a religious vocation. Literally haven't told anyone I know though. Everyone I know would either tease or be disappointed because they expect me to marry. Praying for all in this thread.
Contact a nearby Catholic church and get in touch with the pastor, they'll be more than glad to assist you on your journey. Like
said, you have to take the RCIA to prepare joining the church. How it works for those born into the faith is as follow
>baptism (usually when born)
>communion (usually happens when you are roughly 10, allows you to consume Eucharist)
>confirmation (makes you an adult in the church)
I'll be praying for you.

Attached: 1512963073239.png (684x940, 32K)

Death to Yahweh and yeshuah

Attached: 1564987494.jpg (500x679, 110K)

Repent

Attached: 1513303599647.png (980x742, 266K)

Attached: 1513297376265.jpg (587x814, 72K)

Curious about your background, user, because I can tell it's always you starting these threads. Are you of British or Irish descent or is your family from a Catholic country?

70+ days of no fapping here senpai. It's all possible through prayer and a healthy fear of hell.

Both as for my descent. From a nominally Catholic family, but always believed in God. Got back into the faith properly a few years back.

Likewise, although my father had a lukewarm conversion to Catholicism.

I had a renewal of faith last year. It's been an incredibly powerful calling back to the Church. Going to regular Confession has helped me get over a lot of bad habits. It's disturbing to see how attached we get to sin but it is also amazing to see how quickly we let go of some sins.

JUST fyi, when you receive your first baptism, I believe all of your previous sins are totally forgiven. You might even receive a plenary indulgence, which means you not have to suffer purgatory. Read into it.

What I meant is that you would not have to suffer through purgatory if you never committed a sin again. Plenary indulgences are fairly easy to gain. Usually you confess, receive the Eucharist, and perform a certain deed, such as read the Bible for 30 minutes.

explain to me why catholicism is more important than any other christianity, even before catholicism.

can you make an argument other than "peter is the rock?"

really eager to hear this.

Have a bump, user. God bless.

Attached: IMG_0076.jpg (1519x1799, 3.72M)

Because the Eucharist as consecrated at Catholic Mass is the really present body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ. When you take communion, you are literally (NOT figuratively, but LITERALLY) eating His flesh and blood, as he instructed His followers to do.

Do you realize you are worshiping a mythical character? Even if Jesus was a real man do you realize you are worshiping a lying dead kike?

Attached: Myths.jpg (718x720, 55K)

I believe that St Joseph and his powerful intercession will play a large role in the coming years.
It is now accepted as fact that there is a crisis of masculinity in the west. Young men deprived of strong, male figures in their lives spend all their energy trying to figure out how to be men. They chase after false ideas of masculinity that minimize responsibility and burdens, and maximize hedonism and a sense of ego.

St Joseph is the foster father of God. And just like how Mary is the perfect mother, St Joseph was the perfect father. And the perfect father is the perfect man. Since all men are called to be fathers. Even if not all men are called to produce and raise offspring, they are called to be fathers to their community, to the downtrodden, to everyone they meet, and to themselves. To embody humility, chastity, patience and other fatherly attributes. To silently take on the burdens of others and sacrifice.

The power of St Joseph's intercession has been attested to in numerous private revelations. It can't be ignored. Any man who is struggling to find an identity, or with the fartherly attributes they are called to embody should turn to St Joseph.

St Joseph, most chaste spouse of the virgin Mary and terror of demons, pray for us.

Attached: 4262457252315.jpg (600x440, 70K)

Jesus? more like dead kike on a stick! haha

Attached: o39731132312.gif (371x209, 2.72M)

How the hell can I get rid of my inner turmoil? I want to resign myself to God but I can't seem to stop feeling anxious and irritable and despondent about everything

Attached: tumblr_p5doq91VZ61uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (1280x844, 201K)

I know that actually reading the scripture isn't too common among Catholics, but has anyone noticed how many times in Acts, the apostles get persecuted by Jews? Literally only once when they spread the Gospel, specifically in Corinth, is it the Greeks who get rowdy and want to evict them, but even then one of the Greeks talks them all down. Notice how many times in the KJV when it talks about vileness, wrongdoing, twisting of the word, etc it says "especially among those of the circumcision". Why would the book of Acts specifically call out that every time spreaders of the Gospel get persecuted, reported to worldly authorities, jailed, stoned, attacked, etc it's always by the Jews? And even the book of Acts points out that even when Greeks persecuted the Gospel Christ, it was for money/livelihood and tribalism/nationalism, whereas among the Jews it isn't for any "material" reason that can be excused or at least understood, they just hold a hatred for all good things.

2bh the Holy Bible would be rejected by the world today as hate speech. Imagine if the KJV came out in 2018, it would get blacklisted immediately, if anyone would even publish it. Gotta reject the worldly and live in his Word.

Attached: 1522725292922.jpg (1000x3000, 544K)

WOW OMG I CHRITIANITY R E K T IM VOTING FOR BERNIE SANDERS NOW GUYS HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SIR FOR SUCH AN ENLIGHTENING POST, AND LET ME ASK YOU SOMETHING. DO YOU WATCH RICK AND MORTY? THATS THE ONLY WAY I CAN IMAGINE SOMEONE AS ENLIGHTENED AS YOU TO EXIST IS IF YOU WATCH SUCH A R̶E̶D̶D̶I̶T̶ GOD TIER SHOW!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1519358743028.jpg (509x625, 31K)

Have you tried praying?

bump

Attached: 1518382655856.jpg (1179x1536, 1.56M)

Great post. I saved it to remember St. Joseph as the ultimate saintly model.

The Rosary is a powerful cure for anxiety. Ask St. Mary and she will petition her Son. Turn to her as you would a person and you will have an incredibly powerful experience. Read about the promises she gives to those who pray the rosary.

Catholics btfo here since hussite times. You cucks and heretics are easy to kill.

Attached: 4568786.jpg (750x988, 152K)

Read Mother Teresa and St John of the Cross' works on spiritual desolation and the dark night of the soul

I want Catholicism.

It can be yours. RCIA classes usually start in August.

How do I convert, I was baptized as an infant, do I need anything else ?

Ask your local parish about RCIA classes. If you were baptised as an infant, that's fine. It's also fine if you weren't. You'll attend free classes until next Easter, when you'll be confirmed and receive your first communion.

At least a good confession.
Some people are reluctant, but besides having your sins forgiven, you also get a better grasp of who you are.
(When we are doing our imaginary biopic we usually skip the embarassing parts, so you get only half the picture.)

Dont listen to this idiot jesus is in spirit not in the flesh , catholics are the same as the pharisees 2000 years ago

>It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

>9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. 12If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Reminder that the Catholic church is heretical.

Then you want the true orthodox catholic church, not RCC Trinity-denying heretics.

do you mean teresa of avilla?

>heretical
it would make the selection of books in the bible also heretical.
when you guys will ever learn?

I once shoved a crucifix up my ass just before Lent so I could have the strength of Jesus propping me up for the next 40 days.

Attached: shrekblue.png (1120x1120, 2.81M)

No, Mother Teresa
>catholiceducation.org/en/faith-and-character/faith-and-character/mother-teresas-long-dark-night.html

If a pedophile has a selection of The Berenstain Bears books does that make children's literature pedophiliac?

Attached: 11224264_1528235110829006_8372114894212124682_n.jpg (720x317, 48K)

touching read user. thank you

Why are you using 2 verses talking about 2 different things?

Enjoy a great talk about the new religion of scientism

youtube.com/watch?v=KfGZ2VgXuRo

Attached: globus.jpg (353x450, 39K)

I work weekends and can never seem to get to confession. It's eating me up. I haven't been in almost two years and before that it was about 15. My tabernacle is black as soot, sure as I'm typing this.

Can't you schedule a confession time privately with a priest?

They are one and the same but papist are not born of the spirit you would not see it , keep eating that jewish guy

>4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Hail enkadu

Jesus was born of the Spirit and He's telling people to be baptized so they can be too, what's the problem?

Imagine having this reddit tier understanding of religion and somehow feeling smug about it.

Lol that is not even about baptism ....this is how papist read the bible everyone

Orthodox Saint Athanasius, whose theology is rejected by the RCC, helped form the biblical canon