Electoral college is fai-

>electoral college is fai-

Attached: 4B37910A-D40C-468A-9FD5-7015DC877292.jpg (750x605, 98K)

>wahh my large city with half the population can't control the rest of the country

>OP will post something good this ti-

The city has more people, faggot. A diverse city should have more voting power than some backwards redneck trailer park shithole.

Counties aren’t federal electoral districts.

Fail.

Brevard County is NOT larger than Orange in population. And Greenville County SC is not larger than whatever county Columbia is ni.

If that was the case then why don't we have a democracy instead of a Constitutional Republic?

This is why the electoral college exists. And if that fail, it's why we have the Second Amendment.

That's the way it was designed, the system is working as intended.

Attached: This isn't a democracy.jpg (520x468, 31K)

Hahaha city cucks BTFO! Calm down city cucks the rat next door can hear you raging in your 400 Sq foot cage !!!

life isnt fair faggot

Who told you that life is fair?

Kill yourself nigger. Everyone in the large cities need to be gassed. Sage.

No, electoral college is not there to protect sparsely populated areas. It is there to protect smaller states, it's a tradeoff between purely proportional and purely statewise elections. It was probably the only way to get more than 2 states to agree on something.

It's really not why it exists. Please see

You can always move to a country with a direct democracy if you don't like it

Democracy and republic aren't mutually exclusive. Please don't do the idiotic defense "we're not a democracy HAHAHA".

overlay this with the 2016 election results by county and there's only one conclusion that can be reached:

European man was never meant to live in population anywhere near that dense.

>You can always move to a country with a direct democracy if you don't like it
That's not how government should work. Government should work for us, we should not change what we do, where we live so that we have more power in the government.

If you ditch the electoral college then you take away any incentive for smaller states to actually stay in the union, since NY and Cali would be able to run the country all on their own. You can read all about this issue in The Federalist Papers, a 200 year old document that explains the reasoning for the entire system in detail. But you wont do that because you are a brainlet.

How do you reach that conclusion, can you please share your trail of thought?

No Suburbs are the majority of America and growing and favored Trump by 15%. Move aside urbanite scum. Fuck Appalachia too but other rural items are the best of America truly. Falling death rates, some of the highest birth rates, great work ethic, compete with Asians and Jews, btfo Hispanics

something something direct democracy doesnt work

>what do you mean smoking crack on welfare isn't a good thing

the USA is not a motherfucking direct democracy. It's a Democratic republic. This is literally the only thing that keeps subhumans from breeding their way into power.

Unfair when you’re losing and working perfectly when you’re winning.

*representative federal republic

Exactly.

But the thing is, that's no longer true. People don't feel dedicated to their states that much anymore. I mean symbolically yes, but they all accept that they're US citizens. Leaving the union would also be catastrophic for them. So I don't see why they would leave. They wouldn't want electoral college to be removed though, which they can effectively block.

>Please don't do the idiotic defense
Is this how you debate people by trying to frame them into a narrative? If we held an election on abortion would you be for democracy then? Are you for democracy when a state opposes gay marriage?

Cool, it's almost as if the United States was designed as a confederation of many independent political entities who don't get to bully others into a political hegemony and control their politics because they have more people

Because saying "we're not a democracy because we have electoral college" is factually wrong.

If you have some kind of representation and elections you are a democracy

Why would most states continue to be in the republic?

yeah that, fuck im drunk

Nigger

So you're only for a democracy when it suits you then. Try being a free thinker.

There are lots of benefits. There's obvious economic benefits. Also if made to choose between keeping the electoral college and leaving the union any individual state would remain in the Union.

>the densely clustered city faggots can't terrorize the less densely populated rural population
Seems to be working as intended, direct democracy is a joke that leads to tyranny and the founding fathers knew that.

Even the orange states have a single red county that has most of the power

Alright now explain this, if California decided the election every time, then why would the other 49 states choose to remain in the republic?

Why are states won the game way?

OP is trash and faggot

Attached: Americans vs trash.jpg (1008x1200, 152K)

>Also if made to choose between keeping the electoral college and leaving the union any individual state would remain in the Union.
Prove it.

I didn't get your point. I'm saying it is stupid to say "we're not a democracy because we have electoral college" because it is factually wrong. The definitions of those words don't match the meaning you're trying to convey. And being incoherent is one of the symptoms of being an idiot.

>((((((((((((((largest counties))))))))))))))))))

>why aren't states won the sane way?

>The city has more people, faggot.
Wrong. Suburbs do, and they vote Republican

No one was stopping Hilary from campaigning in Wisconsin.

Also, most of those orange counties are losing population, lol.

this.
it certainly is more "fair" than a system that doesn't take into account geographic representation.
the only reason America still exists as one singular entity is because of the breadcrumbs given to middle america.
mob rule is not rule at all.

>Wyoming, we're getting rid of the elecoral college, you either need to accept it or you are out of the union.
So people of Wyoming have two options, either lose all economic benefits of being part of USA or accept that their voice will be more proportional. Also people wouldn't stay in Wyoming if that ever happened, only landowners would remain in the state.

I can't prove it, it's a social construct, not math.

>tfw I live in the red zone
Send nukes

Attached: 1505147395834.jpg (768x768, 93K)

isn't it true that the USA's electorates don't even have to vote for the candidate the people voted for them to vote for, unless that state specifically has a law that says they need to?

>economic benefits
Some people value freedom over shekels you dirty jew

It's true for some states, it's not for others. Regardless the electors are still getting their authority from the people's government (states say that they can vote either way and if the people in the states say that they can't then they can't). So it's still a democracy.

Relax

Attached: 1514079096024.jpg (735x591, 83K)

Most don't unfortunately. Like if you were to leave the union your state would suddenly become Jow Forums utopia, an agrarian society. But they would be much poorer.

Nobody wants new York and California running the country

>But they would be much poorer.
I dont really care
As long as I can feed my family what else to I need?

>diverse city

Lol. "Diverse" in skin, not in thought.

Instead Florida is ruling our country. Great achievement.

I agree It would be difficult for states to justify leaving the union at first, but as subsequent generations grew up in states that had less and less power in the federation the urge to split off and become self sufficient would grow until its appeal overwhelmed practical considerations. No one states likes to be ruled over for very long.

Florida does get more electoral votes than any other state

Even should the electoral college change, elections are still run in winner takes all single member districts.
Even if one of these highly populated districts is split 49% to 51%, the winner takes all and 49% of the votes in that district are wasted.

You can't complain about uneven representation in the electoral college while ignoring the impact of single member districts.
That would be ludicrous and misrepresentative propaganda.

Attached: I8yYHA4.png (625x626, 55K)

>my candidate didn't win the election because they dont know how their own electoral system works.

>better change the electoral system to remedy that

Fucking idiot

b

Attached: 2016 Pres. Elect, largest counties removed (1).png (1600x1300, 88K)

I'm assuming you meant that "Florida does not get more..."

The problem is because electoral college is not proportional Florida, Ohio and other couple of states are just about the only places you need to campaign. There's no difference between winning by 50.0001% and 99.999%, so in a way because we have electoral college Florida is ruling us. At least that's the point I was trying to makee.

>A diverse city should have more voting power than some backwards redneck trailer park shithole.

I can't wait till the day you faggots try this and we torch our fields. You think we need you half as much as you need us?

I know this is bait, but cities already run themselves like despotic feifs. No need to export that mentality to the rest of America. Enjoy your containment zone.

That is only because they are swing states
If we had a direct democracy politicians would only have to appeal to swing voters

Pluralistic democracy is a retarded idea and doomed to collapse

If they feel that the election results don't represent how the president should be chosen, it's reasonable to ask for a change. After all that's what democracy is about.

Founding fathers thought that no states would agree to proportional voting in presidental election in a time where people thought they were citizens of their respective states. Today more people think that they're just US citizens so it's completely reasonable to feel frustrated over the election results because some US citizens have more voting power than others.

>auckland votes national
>labour wins

You can do something that allows proportional representation.

It would probably go along the naritive that the more populated states collapse because they lose mineral wealth, oil, food and military manpower. The less populated ones would survive but luxuries would probably cost more

>If they feel that the election results don't represent how the president should be chosen

Well thats how I felt about Obama because I think only white male land owners should vote

>People don't feel dedicated to their states that much anymore
This is by design. Just like there's been so much effort into destroying multigenerational homes, traditional families, and Christian values.

They only "won" because of the coalitions of NZF and greens.

Why did NZ pol shill for NZF anyways?

>the more populated states collapse because they lose mineral wealth, oil, food and military manpower.
There's some simple thing called global trade.

>People don't feel dedicated to their states that much anymore
It shit, Yankee

We have that now in Congress
What good is it
There is no reason for a permanent minority to stay in a democracy

But Obama was chosen in a way that favors the Republican party. Going even further than this would alienate a lot more voters than it currently does.

*eat

Fuck

Not really. The forefathers didn’t live in a time when cities had big industries like they do now. Cities were much smaller and rural was more populated per whole population in their time.

Do people really not understand why this system is actually ingenious or are they just deliberately misrepresenting it because their candidate didn't win?

I agree with my president. It's time to get rid of it.

Attached: Screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-9.57.16-AM-1hozcfu.png (609x290, 51K)

>There is no reason for a permanent minority to stay in a democracy
That's how you get Russian or Turkish system. I don't want this kind of system in US. I need at least 1 other option in case the current one sucks.

they would've won auckland if it weren't for the greens.

>But Obama was chosen in a way that favors the Republican party.
Not over a system where only white male landowners can vote

>If they feel that the election results don't represent how the president should be chosen, it's reasonable to ask for a chang
Not when they find the results unacceptable simply because they didn't win. If you cared about equal representation, you would be clamoring for the removal of single member districts, not just the electoral college.
> Today more people think that they're just US citizens so it's completely reasonable to feel frustrated over the election results because some US citizens have more voting power than others.
People choose where they live in the country largely based on the extent to which they find local laws and administration to be favorable.
It's natural for people in individual states to continue to desire representation that they find fair.
You can see this quality quite obviously by the sheer number of people who say fuck californians, texans, west coasters, east coasters, flyover states, city cunts, and the like.
Federalism has been a continued debate throughout U.S. history, the civil war didn't magic the issue into the ether and make everyone in the country the same.

Why would smaller states and countries not secede or refuse to operate in the system if they were not represented? Congrats, now your cities are woth no food and nobody willing to work on infrastructure, your society is dead.

This. We'd turn into France where Paris controls the entire country and everyone else is screwed.

Maybe you retarded city folk better run a candidate for president who the suburban and rural geniuses will vote for next time.

>Look Mom, I dug up the tweet again

The latter

What I'm trying to say is the system where only white landowners can vote is a system that people would dislike even more than our current system. So I don't see it going in that direction.

>But Obama was chosen in a way that favors the Republican party.
It favors the republicans on occasion and the democrats on occasion. That's why neither of them are seriously suggesting reform, because actual reform would decrease the influence of the parties in selecting candidates and running elections substantially.

>Not when they find the results unacceptable simply because they didn't win. If you cared about equal representation, you would be clamoring for the removal of single member districts, not just the electoral college.
I am.

Rest of your comments were too long, I didn't read.

>Trump's words don't matter when i don't like it

Attached: 1500063026003.jpg (1228x1739, 724K)

I really do believe that there would be zero bellyaching about the EC system if Hillary had won. And I mean absolutely none.

>the democrats on occasion.
I don't think there has ever been a democrat president who lost the popular vote. Is there?

democracy sucks we nrx now