Bible thread

Hello fellow Christians, non-believers & heretics. In this thread let us speak of the teachings of the Bible, Old Testament & new.

I started reading the Bible last week & it’s very inspiring to me in becoming a better person.

Attached: B0B86ADC-D6EA-4DF0-8936-463777A0A29C.jpg (4032x3024, 2.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/ebreicredentiingesu/Home/hyksos-are-jews
archive.is/0Uvdr
archive.org/details/1610A.d.DouayOldTestament1582A.d.RheimsNewTestament_176
youtu.be/y42zNa5KfrA
streamable.com/k8wkt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really am starting too question my beliefs now

start here, it's where I did:
>Actual Exodus story
sites.google.com/site/ebreicredentiingesu/Home/hyksos-are-jews
archive.is/0Uvdr

i am having trouble with the "turn the other cheek" of the new testament.

Is this the correct translation? How did people rationalize this in the past? it is suicidal, because your enemies will just take advantage of your kindness.

Any opinion of the apocalypse book?
Is it a real end of things or a revelation?

It is suicidal, but if you trust in god & believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins, then where would you go after your death?
Heaven.

When you are confronted with people that displease you you endure and turn the other cheek.

It is not to be understood as suicidal.
It is to be understood as in if a girl slaps you, you are so alpha you turn the other cheak because chick slaps don't hurt.

As a Brazilian whore/songer once put it:

"Tapinha não dói!"
"A slap (in the ass) doesn't hurt!"

Also: Bump.

WTF dude!? How is it suicidal? It is a display of strenght.

Never in that passage is suicide or severe body harm mentioned.
It is said as in "don't be afraid of be slapped / attacked sometimes" way.

Attached: 1516981541127.jpg (1500x2057, 893K)

Fuck off kike

Attached: 1524506368829.jpg (903x640, 63K)

You do read the 1582 A.D. version of the Rheims New Testament, don't you?
archive.org/details/1610A.d.DouayOldTestament1582A.d.RheimsNewTestament_176

Attached: the-holy-gospel-of-jesus-according-to-matthew.png (802x959, 154K)

Which part? The part where it says you can beat your slave so long as they don’t die right away? Or the part where (((god))) uses Job as a poker chip against the Devil then proceeds to lecture Job about how awesome (((god))) is? Or was it the inspirational part where (((god))) tortures a newborn for seven days before killing it to punish his parents for adultery?

>Holy book written by people

The Bible was divinely inspired by The Holy Spirit, user

That's fucking stupid. She should be slapped back. Even in the bible, it is recognized that women are below men, so a female putting her hands on a man in the first place is blasphemy.

>blasphemy
I don't think that word means what you think it means

youtu.be/y42zNa5KfrA

streamable.com/k8wkt

Attached: I hate this world.jpg (2000x1983, 1.58M)

OP confirmed New Age heretic; Yeshua HaMeschiach do smite the tares already

>The Bible was divinely inspired by The Holy Spirit
[Citation Needed]

Death to Hebrew cult

don't know how this one missed my filter. w/e, sage.

It's evident if you read it and understand its teachings

Turn the other cheek refers to forgiveness and long-suffering, it does not involve forgoing just violence; as we can see when Jesus tells his disciples to buy swords, as well as when Jesus drives the money changers from the temple.

>It's evident if you read it and understand its teachings
A book telling you its assertions are true?

Thomas Aquinas on Turning the Other Cheek
"Holy Scripture must be understood in the light of what Christ and the saints have actually practiced. Christ did not offer His other cheek, nor Paul either. Thus to interpret the injunction of the Sermon on the Mount literally is to misunderstand it. This injunction signifies rather the readiness of the soul to bear, if it be necessary, such things and worse, without bitterness against the attacker. This readiness our Lord showed, when He gave up His body to be crucified. That response of the Lord was useful, therefore, for our instruction." (In John 18, lect. 4, 2)

Joseph Pieper comments: "The readiness to meet the supreme test by dying in patient endurance so that the good may be realized does not exclude the willingness to fight and to attack. Indeed, it is from this readiness that the springs of action in the Christian receive that detachment and freedom which, in the last analysis, are denied to every sort of tense and strained activism." —The Four Cardinal Virtues (Notre Dame Press, 1966), 133.

How do you know that a math book contains the truth?