Why aren't millenials buying cars?

I thought car was the ultimate symbol of freedom and independence.

Attached: Mercedes-Benz-E200_Kompressor_Estate_Classic-2003-1600-07.jpg (1600x1200, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wFOi_G7pVKA
youtube.com/watch?v=TppGLhC7BAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cars cost as much as a house in my area.

Doubt.

Attached: viper kyy-10.jpg (1024x768, 393K)

>buying a modern surveillance vehicle
>paying retail
Or
>parking lot full of used cars
Same cost

Why aren't millenials buying $expensive_product

>bought my stupid pigfat stupid retard 2008 VW golf back in 2009
>paid it off since then, has 145k miles on it
>done all the maintenance that needs to be done myself because fuck paying for maintenance on a "german" car
I'm driving this car into the ground, fuck you and the shekels you're hoarding, kikeberg.

Attached: 1521095009402.jpg (819x460, 50K)

Uber, Pokemon go, lives in cuckshed in the city, and think walking is enough exercise.

Pic related

Attached: image.jpg (900x900, 150K)

>I thought car was the ultimate symbol of freedom and independence.
It used to be back when you could park, camp, hitchhike, and generally trust other wayfarers across most of the USA. Nowadays having a car anywhere interesting is a serious inconvenience.

>german car
You got that right. It was probably built by Juan in Mexico.

Attached: 1524389437338.png (1200x800, 523K)

They want to be able to lock them all in place and not have too many escape

>t. communist living in rat infested death trap

I own 2.

>go into debt for a full years salary for a new car and be an enslaved good goy
>buy used truck from jose and cletus and fix things as they pop up. bonus points is most thieves can't drive stick, plus who wants to steal my mid 90s ford ranger?

but i barely leave the house and can walk to the grocery so who cares you faggot saged

Attached: stu2.jpg (506x533, 18K)

>having a car anywhere interesting is a serious inconvenience
>this triggers the low IQ flyover state mongrels

Oh wow urban cities are so great, living in 100sq ft housing cells only consuming mass media and marketed products.

Attached: agenda 21 city.jpg (600x742, 129K)

Bought old Japanese cars and ran them into the ground.

Got an old Hilux with few k's on it from an old relative. It's going to have alot more once I'm finished.

I'm not going to buy another vehicle until I have a house and maybe a child.

I've never had a loan on a car but I can get a loan on a new car for 1% mr Shekelstein those interest rates are just too good.

Attached: Forrest2.jpg (1200x627, 59K)

>but owning cars is so expensive
>spend even more money on useless things which give you nothing in return

Attached: 300coffeeface.jpg (407x465, 42K)

Is that the kind of cell they've stuffed you in to make room for Mohammad and Jamal? Personally I have a townhouse with a back garden. Built in 1902 (not too old by euro standards but good construction for USA).

>Snow Mongolians
>Owning a car

Don't you welfare reliant pricks rely on public transportation?

>I thought car was the ultimate symbol of freedom and independence.
That's what plebs think.

I have two

They usually are but this whole thing about buying and replacing them car every two years is idiotic.

how sad that you'll never know the other side of this sacred gift called life. i pray for people like you, partially because i know how much it triggers you godless droogies

>buying a depreciating asset
retard

I buy used, in cash, and put the would-be car note in a joint account until I need another one

This. I still have a car but I get nervous whenever I park it out in public. Especially since it's a Mercedes. I only feel comfortable in wealthier areas where there are newer and more expensive cars around.

Drove cross country to get back to the east coast last year. I think I literally blacked out 3 days of my life - that's how little stimulation I imagine you get from day to day. Have fun realizing this on your deathbed. Cities aren't all degeneracy btw, we have this cool thing where we build and do things relevant to the world and history.

It's a rip off that's why.
They want 35k for a pickup..

In 2009 they were 23-25k. Regular cars were about the same and compacts even less. They used to be a means of transportation with options only suckers added onto their build sheet..
Now those options are standard, they're built in and you can't get rid of them. Your car is now a fucking computer. And you'll be billed for it accordingly. Fuck that.

Ride a bike or fix a beater

I've been noticing a lot of roaties have bikes or rather have bikes than cars. one of my girlfriends said she's just going to go ride a bike everywhere she because the road intimidates her.

but yet again she is going for some shit art diploma so I doubt her ass is leasing a car anytime soon

Attached: picture-2.png (413x640, 556K)

In Puebla, specifically.

We would be able to buy cars if boomers didnt fuck us over with wages and student loans

That's actually false. It is true that there was a massive drop in purchases attributed to poor, school debt laden millenials, but that has changed. The slump was, in part, blamed on the fact that millenials grew up with tech and cars were boring in that respect.

Car companies have really turned the corner on that one and now they're loaded with cool shit, often even in base models.

I don't know that the tech was incorporated to lure millenials or if it was just a natural progression.

Attached: Pininfarina.jpg (720x481, 59K)

Cities are a den of negativity, crime, degeneracy, curruption etc..

t. cityboy, born and bred

I have 5 beater cars, idk wtf you're talking about. The used car market has never been better for a buyer.

same reason they're not buying houses or getting married or having kids till 32: broke af due to student loans

Trump sign executive order writing off all outstanding federal student loans. prob about ~750 billion

And I thank you, SpicBro. My GTI is very fun to drive. My Jetta TDI was a great car, too. If it weren't for VW getting caught with that whole emissions thing, I'd still be driving it.

Special snowflakes can't handle driving

a good latte is only $4/cup * 30 = $120/month
!= $300
nice try tho

youtube.com/watch?v=wFOi_G7pVKA
youtube.com/watch?v=TppGLhC7BAc

>Car companies have really turned the corner on that one and now they're loaded with cool shit, often even in base models.
Nah, that's all niggertech shit. I'm as big a technophile as anyone else raised on the internet, and I don't give a single fuck about any of that tech garbage. All I need is an 3.5mm jack so I can plug my phone into the car speakers.

>student loans
Hahaha, you dumbass. That is what you get for signing a loan that has no chance of being absolved except through debt AND No guarantee of employment after graduation.

That is like paying for a cup of coffee with no guarantee you will ever see the waitress again. Blame yourself and your dumb ass high school teachers for your meme degrees.

It's expensive as fuck and there's nowhere I wanna go.

Because we are poor as fuck.

If you suck at life, instead of hell you get reincarnated as a roastie's bike seat.

>in part, blamed on the fact that millenials grew up with tech and cars were boring in that respect.

Not sure if you're retarded or something much worse.. you're actually telling the truth and millenials are dumber than previously suspected.

I'LL SHOW YOU A CAR BITCH!!!

Attached: nissan-skyline-theme-it14.jpg (749x468, 152K)

>driving on the highway is the same as living

Well then i guess my one day trip through L.A. makes me an expert on cities and therefore i can attest that roaming niggers rape people every day down hollywood blvd.

Because they are stupid with money. Think because uber or lyft are cheaper in long run. Same reason they rent in stead of buying homes. In 20 years US will have another financial crisis as aging millennial s realize they own nothing and will have no where to live and no way to earn money to live. They will insist that the government help and the government will abide when all democrats are elected.

To each their own. I dig the iPhone and Android interfaces both over Bluetooth and/or USB. Having my Waze app on my car's infotainment touchscreen is great and having all of the optional displays plus my center screen on my main dashboard makes me wonder how the fuck I ever made it driving in the 80's.

I've owned 5 vehicles since I was 16.
>88 Ford Ranger $500
Had 300,000 miles on it, and the motor still ran when I sold it.
>90 Honda Accord $550
Biggest pieces of shit on 4 wheel I ever owned. Spent more time in the driveway than on the road.
>99 Chevy Blazer 4X4 $2,000
Amazing truck. Loved it until a drunk Mexican T-boned it and took the front end off of it after only 6 months of owning it.
>01 Ford Mustang GT $5000
My first NICE vehicle. Only had 32,000 miles on it when I bought it, and drove that bitch for 11 years. Put over 110,000 miles on it before the motor finally took a shit on it.
>04 Ford Ranger 4X4 Edge Model $6300
My current ride. Love it and will drive it until the wheels fall off it.

Yeah cars were sort of boring growing up but my god do I wish we could go back to those cars. Modern cars are designed to crush the spirit until you cave in and let self driving cars replace private ownership.

>Falling for the motorjew

Attached: rWHYxKv.png (1024x768, 223K)

I have nine cars and four motorcycles. I buy used cars with cash and fix any little problems. I usually sell cars for much more than I paid for them since I never need a new car on the spot and never need to sell on the spot so I can wait around for the right few or the right buyer. Sometimes I'll shop around for a specific rare vehicle for years to find the right one, likemy 5.0L v10 twin turbo diesel VW Touareg which I only paid $3,000 for when all that it needed was a ground splice repaired.

Attached: IMG_4177.jpg (3264x2448, 1.68M)

>there are slicker liberal hipsters that would rather live in a box in the city and pay more in rent to mr sheckelberg than I do for a mortgage on a house
>they'd rather pay obscenely high prices on groceries
>living in the city otherwise FOMO
>wind up shitposting in a box while I shitpost on my patio

I lived in a downtown area during college. Never again.

I have two used cars, why have dumb payment for a new one? I wouldn't have the savings I do not if I was chained to a payment for a depreciating asset.

I think he's full of shit, but personally I do notice a lack of interest in car hobbyism among my age group compared to boomers and gen xers. I only ever knew basically one guy that cared about cars and knew all the richfag car models and such. Everyone else I know is just like "meh, it's a vehicle that gets me from A to B, I don't give a fuck about anything else". You don't really see people obsessing and daydreaming over cars with car wallpapers and car calendars and whatever else like you might've seen among older generations.

Of course, that's all just my own anecdotal experience.

>makes me wonder how the fuck I ever made it driving in the 80's.
lel, I fucking knew you were some kind of boomer.

Everyone was panicking looking for anything to adjust to get millenials spending money they didn't have. Most said that it would take a multi-front sweep to make cars appealing to the then young people. I don't know if they changes worked or if millenials just got old and decided to bite the bullet and get cars.

Still, my car has all kinds of shit in it now, so I'm happy they made the auto makers (and all associated money makers) panic. :)

Attached: IMG_7182.jpg (500x625, 56K)

Cars are monoculture now. It's penalty box fit or yaris, corolla, camry, mustang, and just a crap ton of boring crossovers. Interesting cars have been bred out in favor of these future bloated self driving crossovers.

City faggots don't buy cars because they don't have to. Literally everyone else does though.

Cars are material things. You do not need them. Use your own two feet.

major part of the problem is all sorts of bullshit EPA regulations that force car manufacturers to only build the most environmentally-friendly cars possible. And that means mileage and aerodynamics above all else. So instead of having cars with some personality to them, every car is the same "generic curved bean shape" because that's the most efficient and it nets you 0.3 extra mpg

because most of them have drug charges preventing them from getting licenses, also most millenial cucks ride public transport.

Well, someone has to buy the beautiful classics currently owned by the Boomers, who are dying off.

I'm 26. I bought a new Subaru Outback 3 years ago. Going to trade it in and get a Tesla Model 3 later this year.

We out here senpai

People are moving their assembly lines to Mexico, not only because it's cheaper, but because it's a pain in the /æs/ to deal with a significant amount of workers in the US.
I remember when I visited two plants there and I was amazed of the things I saw.
Uniforms were optional (the reason was that the union thought they neglect the individuality of the workers). People wearing loose t-shirts or pants in assembly lines. People not wearing helmets because of the heat.
Race quotas: one of the plants was in the whitest county I've ever seen, yet 15% of the employees were black and from far away counties.
A critical amount of workers lacked work ethics, were lazy or too dumb, yet they were still working because of the unions.
60% or more workers were the stereotypical fat American.

That's a trait gen Y, gen X and boomers don't have. It's a trait last seen only with the "greatest generation", making things count and not blowing your money like mindless goyim.. it's a glimmer of hope.

Gen X, faggot.

We had land barges in the late 90s like a 1999 chrysler concorde that had a .29 drag coefficiency and pretty decent fuel economy for such a fuckhuge car. Cars would be more efficient if automakers didnt have to make cars so god damn loaded with safety bullshit. Its not like people were dying by the generation from cars before we got to here.

I had a Golf 4 SDi(2nd hand), drove it for 7 years until it failed again at the yearly tests. Didn't want to pay 2k+ to fix it for a year again. Sold it and bought a second hand Golf 6 1.2 gas. Less taxes same price for gas as diesel now. If even started using the bicycle to go to work. Saves me on 60€ on gas a month and on maintance. My employer even gives 0.2€/km. Checkmate government.

Attached: chernobyl.jpg (1280x960, 240K)

Do you work in the automotive industry?

People foolishly put themselves 50k in the hole for a car instead of saving that money and putting it towards a down payment on a house. Its all short term high time preference splerging. So many people are puzzled why I refuse to buy a vehicle right now. They'll be envious faggots when I buy my own land, build my own log house and have an old beater truck with zero debt.

Millennial here, have owned 10 cars in my 28 years, 3 from dealerships

The fuck is that based on, never owning a car closer to a chromosome than a poor/fag/ problem

Attached: AA70B5CC-B465-4E97-B142-CAEA80810A04.jpg (480x360, 41K)

Ownership is enthrallment to the inanimate.

I knew a guy like that. Alcoholic. Actually fell into a paint vat. They couldn't fire him because of the stranglehold the UAW has on automakers in the US. They kept paying him $40/hour to sit in the HVAC shop. He had experience with HVAC, so he had no duties. Just sat there watching TV and making good money.

Poorfag detected

>let self driving cars replace private ownership
This is an Uber lobbying ploy. There is NO REASON that self driving cars need to be in fleets, even with existing tech. We can have private ownership of self-driving cars just as safely and easily. Do not fall for the bullshit of a taxi company!

If you were driving in the 80s then that makes you borderline at best. I'm not going to split hairs here, old man. You have a completely different perception of cars compared to millennials/Z. You're from a different era.

It's middle aged people such as yourself that give a fuck about niggertech in your car. Millennials don't care about any of that garbage. People like you are the reason why "app-compatible microwaves" and shit like that are a thing.

Used cars make the best cars.

Get out of Detroit, user. The cannibal meth addicts will get you sooner or later.

This. People are slaves to their possessions, and then their cash flows.

>ultimate symbol of freedom and independence.
Things millenials don’t care about

Bought a car when I was 24, cost $38k, got $25k worth of payments to go. No regrets because I love my car and it's something I enjoy.

Majority of them are niggers we know

Can't you make like $50k/yr working part time at mcdonalds in Ausberger land?

I make $50,000 a year, and I have a 580 credit score. I've paid off thousands of dollars in debt, and my credit score has hardly gone up. I've taken out several credit cards, on of which is secured, and my credit has yet to improve.

This is why I haven't bought a car yet.

It’s real, faggot.

Modern cars all look like electric razors

>$38k on a car
Have never, and will never spend this much on a car.

It's all about pragmatism. I have a car, but I only actually bought a car when I absolutely needed one. And even then, I bought some used Accord that was barebones and all I really needed. I'll never be able to fathom the boomer mentality of paying out the ass for a "luxury car". 60k for a car? Are you fucking joking? Not even like the super-expensive cars are less prone to breaking down, because if anything it's the opposite (see: Mercedes)

Why are millenials making 30% less than baby boomers did at the same age?

They're stupid ass niggers

>Paying off debt
You do realize this resets the 7 year statute of limitations, correct?

Attached: america6.png (619x559, 167K)

I watched my parents souls perish slowly throughout the 9/11 recession. All for oil, my education entirely ruined meanwhile by Capitalist Marxists. It’s all downhill from here. Why join the plague now? I’ll stick to my shotgun camp

Credit scores are a massive scam. You MUST go into debt for it to be raised. If you check your score, your score goes down. And if someone gets mad at you for any reason, be it your landlord, your work, or a business contact, they can screw up your score and you'll get no warning it has happened unless you check it, which lowers your score.

It's basically
>How can we ensure the goyim are forced to go into debt in order to live?
>Ah yes, we'll assign an arbitrary number to their lives and forbid them from owning homes or other necessities of life unless they submit to international usury

They are talking about urbanite millenials.
The media doesn't give a fuck about anyone from the country.