Is this right, though?

So the Fresno State professor who spoke ill of the very recently deceased Barbara Bush will not face discipline from her employer (Fresno State University). The University president started that while the professors comments were ugly, they are "protected free speech under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution" and this won't be disciplined.
Questions: I understood the 1st amendment to protect one's speech from censorship/punishment from the FEDERAL govt. So does a University, which is state funded but may receive federal grants, have a responsibility to protect free speech? Was their decision to protect the professor in line with the 1st amendment?

Attached: randa-jarrar-fresno-state-english-professor.jpg (780x439, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2018/04/24/fresno-state-professor-who-bashed-barbara-bush-wont-be-disciplined.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Barbara Bush is a satanic cunt and I spit on her grave. Freedom of speech is of utmost importance. THOUGHT POLICE FUCK OFF.

Source: foxnews.com/us/2018/04/24/fresno-state-professor-who-bashed-barbara-bush-wont-be-disciplined.html

No it's fine. The problem is, if she had said fuck Obama she'd be fired. Luckily the fat cunt will have her legs cut off, then kidney failure due to her obesity.

I don't think people should be fired for things they think out of work. That said, how the hell do we end up with professors like this? That is what needs to be addressed. She's a fucking loonball, nothing she says is intelligent, so how does she get a job as a professor, they're supposed to be smart, aren't they?

Take the emotion out of it, basedboy. Does a non federal entity have obligation to protect freedom of speech? Private organizations limit that shit and punish people for it all the time. So why not now?

free speech means everything.

Attached: barbara bush jeb book.png (950x1119, 1.08M)

yes

If a company wants to exist in the United States they need to adhere to the guidelines setup in teh constitution.

And yet if you called Obama a bigger, you'd be publicly crucified and fired in an instant

dumb phone poster

Barbara was a disgusting ghoul. Im surprised anyone had anything nice to say about her. Im not a liberal, I hate faggots and basketball americans, but Barb was trash. Evil trash.

Who is that goblina goddess ?

Who is that wondrous warthog ?

Didn't even love Jeb.

These people shouldn't be professors in the first place, freedom of speech aside, these people are mentally retarded and shouldn't be teaching anyone anything

Who is that bulging eyed beauty ?

Yeah, but it happens all the time. Remember the PR exec that made an AIDS joke before flying to Africa and when she landed there found out she was fired for it? The nurse fired from an Indiana hospital for talking bad about white people on Twitter also fired. Is it only things that are popular to hate that are protected?
This is true and helps illustrate how this is an issue.

Commies aren't actually people, therefore Constitutional rights don't apply to her.

she's a nice little goblina slut who hates the white patriarchy but still finds herself on a Friday evening with a white dick in her mouth. I would let her slob on my knob while Sarah Huckabee Sanders watched and took notes, chewing on the end of her pencil

Yeah, but you cant love the unlovable.

What?! That's crazy. My mom loves me. Dad told me she did.

Attached: 1512163189058.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

I think it may ultimately come down to how the big money donators feel about this. If they close the check book due to her actions the University WILL fix the issue. Money rules above all in the so called Ivory Tower.

Also reminds me of the Melissa Click incident at University of Missouri a few years ago. The uni disciplined her by firing her because 1) she's didn't have tenure, and 2) the state Congress and funders acted immediately when the school began wavering on discipline.

its obviously a double standard in this case because if they were talking shit about someone on their side they would get shunned.
but as much as we want to make them live up to their own standards, we cannot sink to their level, freedom of speech is too important to play games with and restrict

good catch, ducking phoneposters are the worst

poor guy

Attached: jeb instant classic.gif (480x279, 2.47M)

I love how there's all this bush love all of a sudden. She was an evil cunt who knew about her husbands evil shit and let her evil son do his evil shit. Fuck all of them.

There's no Bush love, you yokel. As others have noted this is a double standard we are witnessing. If someone in a similar work position had said said something negative about Hillary or Obama would they receive the same protections? I don't think so. It's not about the popular hate du jour but about where personal accountability brings and the 1st amendment begins in American society.

oh fuck, OP is actually reading the thread and being reasonable...
i didnt sign up for this
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
HITLER DID NOTHING WRONG
GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW.

jk thanks for making one of probably 5 threads in the whole catalog where OP is actually interested in discussing the topic.
where do you think the first amendment starts and ends?

ill give you a hint
only one of the things i said shouldnt be protected and not because of the protected status of the (((group))) mentioned.

saying bad words is fine, saying morally reprehensible shit it fine, saying violent things (ONLY when speaking in front of a large crowd that could actually immediately act upon that sentiment) should be considered """"hate speech""""
if you get up in front of a group and say "hey lets go out right now and lynch some niggers" that wouldnt be protected.
you can AND SHOULD say everything else, and often.
and trust me I would love a race war to jump off but i understand if you are caught actually inciting violence (not just saying things people dont like) but actually threatening to carry out violent acts, then it is not protected under the law.
any objections?

I really loathe the term hate speech. How about inciting violence?

(15 minutes later)
aww fuck... OP already left
i stuck up for you, faggot

Thanks user. Honestly, I have no idea where the 1st starts and ends. Assuming speech doesn't endanger lives (shouting Fire! in a crowded theater, e.g.) why can some non federal organizations fire people for unpopular speech while others protect it? The isn't a single definition for what's protected. Maybe it's only because she has tenure (thread pic) the she's protected but what does that mean for 1st amendment rights for everyone else who isn't a tenured faculty in the US? Should a plumber, cab driver, Google programmer, or physician have less free speech protection simply because they aren't tenured somewhere?

wew lad jumped the gun calling you a faggot

I get that and endangering others via speech probably wouldn't be protected anywhere in the US. But some speech does seem more protected than others; is that a function of what's popular out is it because of the organization? E.g., a university?

we should have never closed the looney bins

yes thats what i meant, inciting violence, but actual imminent violence

we are really talking about the left having a double standard when it comes to the first amendment.
no, no one should be fired for shit they spew online or IRL in their personal lives. if you say dumb shit while representing your company, then they have a right to fire you. but im so fucking tired of this twitter hate mob "get people fired for what they do/think in their freetime" shit. its fucking disgusting.
EVERYONE is racist in some way and thats not a bad thing. all these faggots are racist against whites but have convinced themselves that it doesnt count (even when they themselves are white. well, they are mostly jewish but they consider themselves white for all intents and purposes, when it suits them really lol)

>yes thats what i meant, inciting violence, but actual imminent violence
Exactly, like when Michael Brown's uncle or whoever it was started yelling "Burn this motherfucker down" and the niggers obliged him.

Agreed. And it's concerning that those Twitter mobs have such an impact on anyone who dares have a different opinion than they. Maybe 1st amendment rights only truly extend to those who are considered "marginalized" and therefore likely to sue or those too powerful to punish.

This

No. If she had said Hitler was right, she would be gone the same day

it would be nice to see the left get a taste of their own medicine and get them all fired for say "lol white people are dying off and thats a good thing" but in the end it'll still just be used against """us"""" to continue the trend of making everyone unemployed for saying some sort of "antisemetic dogwhistle" on twitter or for attending a rally for free speech that gets reported as an ebil nazi uprising by the fake news media

yes, exactly. when you say something in front of a mob or crowd, with the express intent of having the people you are speaking to carry out those actions, a "call to arms" if you will, that is the only type of speech that should be illegal.
talking about groups you dont like is not illegal and it shouldnt be either. the leftist faggots talk about hating whitey all they want, but if it escalates to "lets go out and lynch the oppresors" then its time to start cracking skulls

Did they show the video of her asking people to hijack planes and throw grenades into peoples homes.

And that's part of the issue - only approved speech is protected.
Correct. George Ciccerone-Maher, professor at Drexel U, made a Twitter Christmas wish for white genocide and the University protected him. If he wished for a Jewish or black genocide would they still have protected him?

of course they wouldnt. but they should. the problem is the moralfagging and blatant political bias on behalf of universities and businesses. even if the tables were turned and it was right wing people in charge of university shitcanning people for saying "diversity is our strength" or whatever dumb gay shit they normally talk about, it would still be wrong.
calling people out of racism/sexism like its the biggest moral prerogative in the world is so fucking gay and needs to be stopped. but unfortunately it wont be. its just going to keep getting worse and im honestly not sure what should be done about it, or even what CAN be done about it.

>im honestly not sure what should be done about it, or even what CAN be done about it

Yep, right there with you. I don't think anything can be done about it. Maybe it's just PC bullshit that has to run its course but I think it's much more than that now. I believe there will be "hate speech" laws codified at the state level someday that will somehow supercede the 1st amendment because muh feelings.

im sad to say i agree. its only going to get worse, they have the entire establishment on their side. even most of the republican politicians will cower to them in the hopes of not being perceived as racist.
if only we could do something about it. ironically of course, cia niggers.
an actual first step we could take is that we need to stop apologizing when they demand we do it. i wish we could just say "yeah i dont like black people. i will still treat them the same as other people, but inside my heart i fucking hate them and thats okay. you feel that way about white people and you feel no shame for it, why should i feel bad about it?"
we would need to convene some kind of racist convention and all agree that apologizing is over. it'll never happen though and someday ill end up in federal prison for even suggesting it in this post. it seems inevitable at this point.

Hour crap hoe do people get tricked so easily on this time and time again. Protection of free speech mean that cannot be charged as a crime and go to jail. You are protected from the judgement of a jury. YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED FROM THE JUDGEMENT OF SOCIETY. If you say something offensive you have every right. People also have every right to ostracize you and boycott you. Additionally the school said she was an embarrassment, not to mention that she is costing them the loss of donor money. This is more than enough reason to fire her. Any business can fire for those reasons. "We feel your conduct is unbecoming and detrimental to our image. You are fired". Happens all the time. Free speech is irrelevant here. Stop letting people trap you into a free speech argument.

Tenure was a mistake.

yah she is a degenerate shit but she has the right... if you shut her up then you have to shut everyone up.. she's an ugly, fat , unpleasant trud of a person and she has to go to bed with that fact every night knowing when she wakes up she'll be the same hideous hambeast everyone gags at when they see her no matter how nice they pretend to be... she will probably die early of the beetus or cancer.. or get beaten by some cola she may eventually burn who's into ugly fat chicks.

For her no doubt. But they probabley granted it to shut her up or out of fear

>YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED FROM THE JUDGEMENT OF SOCIETY.
this is the gay sentiment that needs to stop.
i think we need to stop giving so much creedence to our emotions and stop getting people fired for shit they say that you dont like. just dont personally hang out or associate with them, thats all you need to do. dont attend their parties, dont go to the movies with them, just stop trying to ruin their lives over saying "the holocaust never happened" or anything really.

maybe they hate niggers, so what, they still have a family they need to feed and shouldnt be stopped from doing that because you dont like what they have to say. literally just stop paying attention to them instead of feeling the need to actively persecute them. the outrage mobs are not a right and they need to stop.

ok im glad more people showed up. im going to bed now. it was nice carrying this thread with you for a couple hours there, OP, it was basically just the two of us.
ill just leave one little pic related (but totally unrelated) and fuck off now. night Jow Forums

Attached: ungrateful niggers.jpg (1294x494, 175K)

You fucktwat. This lady is costing the school millions in donor money. MY FEELINGS tell me to fire any idiot causing that much of a loss to a business. Again free speech is irrelevant here. If you are man enough to step up and say what you believe then be man enough to face the consequences you pathetic abysmal snowflake

i already said good night

but quickly, you're using """"snowflake"""" wrong. it was never supposed to mean "fragile". its making fun of faggots who have lists of insane shit to describe themselves on their twatter/tumblr/tinder profiles and whatnot.

"pansexual, genderqueer, nonbinary, transman, foxkin" in an attempt to seem interesting despite basing their entire identity on a bunch of buzzwords. get it, "special snowflake", "im special because all of these things instead of just another cog in the jew machine like everybody else". so you need to fuck off back to normalfagbook or whatever gay commie rock you crawled out from under and spread the word, every time you use the word incorrectly, you are EMBARASSING YOURSELF in front of everyone.

also real quick since im clearly not going to bed yet, people need to stop pulling money from a company because of something ONE employee said. if the corporate account tweets "fuck kikes, the holocaust never happened lol" then sure, pull your money. but one person who just happens to work for a company and has views you dont like, you're being a little bit of a bitch (but id imagine thats pretty normal for you) and you're also likely a woman who cant help but be a slave to your emotions 24/7 and i feel really bad for you because that is a terrible way to live and so i hope you get raped so you have actual trauma to feel emotional about instead of always looking for something to cry about and get other people to cry about with you so you dont feel like such a worthless cunt (which you are)

love ya xoxo
good night for real now

Attached: trans vote.jpg (720x543, 56K)