California secession movement cleared to begin collecting signatures

>Those in favor of secession have to meet an October deadline to collect 365,880 signatures from registered voters in order to put the measure on the ballot.

>California Secretary of State Alex Padilla (D) announced the ballot proposal's approval, which would ask the state's voters in 2020 if they want to discuss declaring independence from the U.S. If the initiative passes, that vote would take place May 4, 2021.

You think they will do it?
Will you move out of Cali if they do?
Will Commies win and put Nukes in California?

Attached: la-mfleischer-1485543145-snap-photo.jpg (750x422, 27K)

The 3 State Solution will be voted on this year. California will vote to breakup into three new states. The actual process will take about 5 - 7 years to form the new states and divide up the public debts, form new provisional governments, and work out other kinks.

California will not secede because:

1. Strategically valuable to the US (access to Pacific Ocean, naval military bases, farmland, and tech sectors)

2. The US would claim eminent domain over any technology or business it deems vital to US interests (aerospace, communications, defense tech, etc) -- so yeah... a lot of tech jobs would NOT be staying in California if secession goes through and they would be forcibly transferred out of the "country" of California and back to the US

3. The US would control California's access to fresh water -- nearly all sourced from out of the state - and use that as leverage for concessions

4. California does not have the electrical production capacity and would be forced to buy it from the US -- they have closed the majority of their "polluting" energy sources and nuclear plants

5. California oil refining capability is insufficient to meet its needs and would have to import gasoline and diesel

6. The US Army & Marine Corps would withdraw leaving California with 23,000 state National Guard soldiers. The US could require massive concessions for California to pay for the equipment left behind.

7. The US Navy & Coast Guard would withdraw leaving California without any naval force to defend itself and its MASSIVE coastline. The capital investment in ships and training replacements would bankrupt California.

California would have one helluva uphill battle and it is not all roses. "M-muh economy... m-muh technology sector... m-muh..." EMINENT DOMAIN BITCHES!

California seccessionist BTFO.

>October deadline to collect 365,880 signatures
Nigga you'd get that from a day aggressively canvasing and pre-emtpively advertising in San Fran.

or they will play teh CUBA card and demand shit from USA and if they dont approve, Cali can look for help from less USA friendly countries.

SOURCE NIGGER

>or they will play teh CUBA card and demand shit from USA and if they dont approve, Cali can look for help from less USA friendly countries.

Three big obstacles to that --

1. Fresh water
2. Electricity
3. Gasoline and Diesel

California's neighbors would be the United States to the East and North, Mexico to the South and the Pacific Ocean to the West.

The majority of California's fresh water comes from outside the state borders and if they become a country it will be sourced internationally.

California currently is a net importer of electricity to meet its needs and that needed electrical generating capacity would come from the United States not Mexico.

The Mexicans would make a killing off of selling oil, gasoline, and diesel to California but I'm sure the US could just wave NAFTA around as a big old club to discourage that.

Yeah California is in a pickle.

What do you think would happen to the border states like Arizona etc

you are playing under the idea that USA will be soo sour about the separation that will cut off all those means to California. (they likely will)

if Cali split off they will have about 4 years to figure out electricity replacement, Water will be private deals with Colorado in exchange for better prices on the food, which California producess the most in USA (save meat)

Gasoline Diesel, we go back to Eitehr USA helps em, or Cali ask for help for less countries less friendly to USA.

>What do you think would happen to the border states like Arizona etc

They would absorb a lot of industry and people leaving California and would benefit. Arizona would gain another port of entry along I-8 for international traffic coming in from California and the same would be true for the other border states.

>if Cali split off they will have about 4 years to figure out electricity replacement

I'm sure it will work out for them. The environmentalist lobby in California has only shot down 99.9% of the new electrical power plants that have come up as needed to cover California power needs. The greens will literally argue that Gaia is more important than electricity and it will take 10 - 15 years for them to build anything... if they do.

>Water will be private deals with Colorado in exchange for better prices on the food

United States Constitution Article I Section 8 Clause 3 "Commerce Clause" -- Congress has the power:

>To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

So yeah Colorado... no private treaties or deals. Sorry. Federalism.

>Gasoline Diesel, we go back to Eitehr USA helps em, or Cali ask for help for less countries less friendly to USA.

California is already a net importer of gasoline and diesel and look at the prices when it is coming from far away places like... Arizona and Texas... not Arab petro states or Russia. Again the environmentalists/greens have really fucked California in infrastructure and they will fight against building evil nasty polluting refineries in the country of California. I would say gasoline would go up to $7 or $9 a gallon if secession occurred (European level prices).

Double checked, and you explained that very well. Here is a sincere thank you. Now more than ever, I want California to secede. I would love to see all the underprivileged minorities, sjw cucks, and for christ sake everyone of the LGBTTQQIAAP and anyone that's supports their fucking movement. I honestly do not give a fuck who you fuck, as long as it's not cheese pizza, it's your life. But I am over the fucking, shove it down my throat, propaganda, indoctrination bullshit. I hope they all move their and rocket man blows them into oblivion. Anyway, thanks again.

>CA secedes
>No more federal army
>no more Federal military budget
>all businesses leaves to keep US federal tax rate
>no water=no crops= no economy to support mexicans we no longer "need" to pick said crops
>no bill of rights
>secession makes the govt illegitimate in the eyes of CA's right half
>Governor has no army to secure power
>utterly at the mercy of the populace he has been trying to disarm
My God it wouldn't last a week, it has my vote

>>all businesses leaves to keep US federal tax rate
implying California will not lure em becoming a tax heaven

>implying CA isn't currently buttfucking any business stupid enough to stay here for the weather and this entire "secession" doesn't boil down to a collective "DORNALD GLUUMPH!"

Please secede.
t.Texas

Attached: cal-1518613254876.jpg (534x1024, 84K)

Smells like martial law already, please God I beg of you to wipe them all so we can start from zero

Attached: das_soldaten.gif (659x609, 2.49M)

Because the people who are currently in charge of California the state will be in charge of California the country... and they have made rational business friendly decisions up to this point.

Riiiiiight......

you literally posted nothing relevant

Look out it’s the tel aviv shill poster

Could this be possible? And what would it mean for national politics?

>California secedes
>the big one hits leveling every major city
>Haiti 2.0

I think the definition of a federation (as opposed to a confederacy) is that member states are not allowed to secede. Am I incorrect?

>Could this be possible? And what would it mean for national politics?

California currently has 53 representatives (39 Democrats, and 14 Republicans) in Congress and 2 US Senators (2 Democrats). California seceding would remove 39 Democrats from the House and 14 Republicans. It would also remove both Democratic senators. The balance of power would tip sharply in the Republicans favor.

However, prior to California secession a motion would be brought up in Congress to admit either Puerto Rico or Washington, DC into the union to replace California. The PR option would gain 2 Democrat congressmen and 2 Democrat senators. The DC option would gain 1 Democrat congressman and 2 Democrat senators.

The balance of power between Democrats and Republicans would be heavily tilted back in the Republicans favor but that would also depend on the net migration of US citizens to California and vice versa. I still think the Republicans would come out on top.

>I think the definition of a federation (as opposed to a confederacy) is that member states are not allowed to secede. Am I incorrect?

Technically the US Civil War permanently solved that -- no state has a right to secede from the Union. However, that does not mean that Congress cannot propose to amend the Constitution and the states agree to allow secession. It could happen... but its uphill.

sadly, it would take so long all the freaks would leave before it happens.
what should have happened would be sudden, decisive action including a strong presence along all of calufprnias borders.
but of course that didn't happen.

On the plus side alot of leftists and other freaks would flock to California to experience their make believe every one get along Utopia.

It will end up being a bloodbath as those factions turn on each other but... I'm willing to take that risk.

3 words:
Avocado toast tariff

This is like Quebec here in Canada, they’ll be told to shut up and sit down

good riddance

>Double checked
you're not lying. California as it is now needs to come to an end

No state can negotiate water export with a foreign entity, only federal government can.

Ironically the people who will fight against California secession the most will be the Democrats.

They do not want to lose the 39 Democrat held House seats. The Electoral College would also tilt heavily back in Republican favor if California seceded and took its 55 reliable votes for Democrats with it.

>sign a petition to hold a vote on whether or not to hold a vote on whether we'll secede or not

>vote is May 2021
>everyone will vote leave if Trump wins and stay if he loses
>a vote for Trump will effectively be a vote to kick California out of the country

Attached: 1479023100614.jpg (2048x1536, 437K)

it wont happen yall remember what happened when south wanted secession same will happen now

No one's going to war to keep fucking California.

Research Tim Draper and his family. Big into biotech and genmodding, a definite technocrat one worlder.

This plan is basically just to give California more power by giving it more senators. Notice how it doesn't break upon political lines, essentially you have the states of San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego. It's w farce piggybacking the state of Jefferson idea.