7 billion + population

>7 billion + population
>running out of freshwater
Is the Earth poised for another great extinction event?

Attached: earth chan.png (1664x1665, 2.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-mJXI0eAuwM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
youtube.com/watch?v=cazVrq9v1mE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

We'll just invade the Leafs. They have massive amounts of freshwater.

>>running out of freshwater

Attached: 1401650076820.jpg (384x395, 19K)

Not aware we can filter saltwater

who would win
7 billion people
or
Some pissed CO2 bois

>Is the Earth poised for another great extinction event?

of course not. we can continue expanding the human population forever on a finite planet.

technology will find a way.

>Not aware we can filter saltwater

filter it? then you'd have clean salty water.

Meanwhile Eucucks are crying over a "population decrease" in Euro-zone.

No, you'd have a lot of water, and a lot of salt.

He's talking about extracting the salt obviously.
It's not enough for everyone, but we certainly wont go extinct

lol this.

>mfw largest fresh water reserves

No, just a culling event.
Extinction won't happen.

We need more white Europeans and less niggers.

Yeah! We're running out of freshwater!

Attached: dayofthegrillpatience.png (973x768, 1.36M)

Yes, this is actually a thing. China is expected to run out of potable water in less than 20 years.

That's very expensive to do.

WHO is the answer. They (((WHO))) will release the doomsday virus.

There are enough resources to provide /comfy/ standard of live to 12 billions of people.
People, not low-iq shitskins or niggers.

Yes. Can't wait. It's either a nuclear war that will cut our numbers, or a new plague that won't be stopped by antibiotics.

This won't happen. Look at the tech Israel has. They live in a desert, but don't import any.

Nah. Antarctica has more fresh clean pure water than we could ever consume.

We could build an entire industry around supplying it. Sure, it would end up expensive but hey, it's there. It's available. We're never running out of fresh water lad.

Yes that reminds me. All this means gentlemen is we'll be looping our poop. Houston already drinks Dallas' toilet water, and it's only going to get far more frisky in terms of just how much drugged out pee water we recyle. It's fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1268273290880.png (645x4889, 400K)

No, we will mostly salty water from seas and oceans. But yes, poop water too.

We can only make flammable clouds that produce toxic water.

Attached: 1523560235120.jpg (600x600, 95K)

Keep telling yourself that. Desalination remains less practical than deshitpissination.

>Look at the tech Israel has
you mean desalinators, tech tha every oceangoing vessel ba used for the last 40 years?
much hi tech, so advance
fuck off

>capitalized leafs

Attached: wojak_blush.png (400x364, 33K)

just go to the kitchen and turn on the tap
instant free water

Fuck the chinks. But sadly they have all the fresh water from Tibetan plateau. They have already constructed 4 dams to divert water to mainland. Poos are mad because of it. It has already been predicted that next big wars will be fought for the control of water. I can see it happening soon.

You need shitload of electricy/steam to desalination.
Since Westerners are too dumb and too cucks for nuclear power, and oil reserves are coming to an end, I doubt that this will be a mass phenomenon

Attached: Shevchenko BN350.jpg (490x339, 48K)

We'll still invade you, maplecreature, and there's nothing you or your army of gooks fags and poos can do about it.

he means distill, smart ass.

youtu.be/-mJXI0eAuwM

Wouldn't worry to much about it

it's perfect, we'll all drink salty alcohol

he probably meant reverse osmosis desalination, fuckwit. its more efficient than distillation

this is why liberals,niggers and kikes want to grab your guns from you.

they want all the water for themselves to grow them niggers more watermelons.

We'll try, Burger-kun

Attached: dayofthegrill0.png (954x720, 914K)

Burning leaves smell SO good

you'd love that, wouldn't you, you dole bludger.

>hear a british speaking accented person

>instinctively know thayre full of NULLSHIT!

tell me, am I a child of evolutionary darwinism? A next step of gentile evolution?

>as good as a grilling burger

Attached: dayofgrill.png (700x525, 232K)

I'm about to head to What-A-Burger RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Want me to get you anything?

Attached: 1512705924460m.jpg (1024x779, 124K)

cannibal monster

Attached: dayofthecannibalism.png (1652x1080, 1.07M)

Is it really that hard to take the salt out of ocean water?

No, he means reverse osmosis.
Desalination through evaporation takes a shitton of energy. You have to put in all that latent heat. You'd have to build some huge heat exchangers to even get a bit of that back. Reverse osmosis is just a pump and a membrane.

You're not making any sense leaf, and your /ck/ meme is bad!

Attached: CsxKGa9XYAE6_3j.png (650x366, 422K)

>He's talking about extracting the salt obviously.

Yah thats so easy to do, doesnt take lots of energy or anything.

u no liek my oc grill maymays?

Attached: dayofthegrill3.png (796x440, 566K)

I thought Nepalbros loved China? Literally a puppet of India but China sent most aid after the earthquake.

I liked a couple of them friend.

>Desalination through evaporation takes a shitton of energy. You have to put in all that latent heat. You'd have to build some huge heat exchangers to even get a bit of that back. Reverse osmosis is just a pump and a membrane.

sorry but desalination takes energy. there's no magic way to do it.

thats the laws of nature.

No

>senpai has noticed me

Attached: wojak_blush3.jpg (216x233, 6K)

Man FUCK nature, I'm thirsty.

I guess not, but why do that when you can get unlimited supply of freshwater straight from Himalayas. Also they have huge population so I guess it will be relatively hard for them to do that financially. And poos poo in streets and shower once a year so they wont have lots of water demand anyway.
They both are looking after their own national interest. We have a very balanced foreign policy on them. Sure, some politician can lean towards one of them but we know what they want. We basically both of them to survive.

you need a hybrid method involving cheap desalination processes and a mass acclimation of people to salty liquids. Good news is Israeli stem scientists are researching baby foreskin cloning.

Life is expensive

Why can’t we just kill all the subhumans before that happens?

South America, Africa, Asia. Just kill everyone from those shitholes and you’re back on track as a species

China's working on a de desertification technology. More greenery = more rain. Saudi Arabia allegedly has developed a way to stimulate rain.

sort of. you need to filter the saline water down to at least one mike, then pass it at high pressure across a membrane. depending on the surface area of the membrane the feed pressure varies. in order to produce a reasonable amount of freshwater to desired spec( potable is generally 600-900ppm dissolved solids, but around 200-300 is ok) you either need high pressure, good filters, high membrane surface area, high flowrate or any combination of the above.

>then you'd have clean salty water.
I think he means filtering out the salt compounds to convert to fresh water.

Yeah for the 3rd world, us in the west will be fine.

Cloud seeding has existed for some time now. Geo-engineering is a burgeoning industry

>sorry but desalination takes energy. there's no magic way to do it.
Of course, mixing two things increases entropy, but we're mostly talking about technical stuff here. You could make these two processes with about the same energy efficiency but it's much much easier to do with a pump and a membrane that keeps the salt ions back.
Building heat processes without energy losses is a complete son of a bitch. You'll always find some heat leaking out.

Nuclear powered water treatment plants for sea water?

Why don't we just let the niggers, spics, poos, slimes and chinks die out?

Why? All you have to do is desalinize the oceans. Dozens of countries already do. There's plenty of freshwater.
Exactly

It's your fault, bongistani.
Instead of thinking about the future and have deal with subhumans, you believed that you will rule the Earth forever, and used them for personal gain and foreign policy

Attached: 1524376061674.jpg (1200x790, 136K)

because occams razor doesnt apply to government funding. sad

Also
>More greenery = more rain
wat. The flora doesn't increase humidity, you just need to keep up the climate control

RO doesn't take a lot of energy or anything.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
>3 kWh/m^3
Wow it fucking nothing, even at our sky high prices that'd be €1, we're already paying much more now for "cheap" groundwater

In USSR, this technology was developed in the 60's.

Attached: Shevchenko_B N350.gif (488x371, 148K)

precipitation, rather. not humidity

>>running out of freshwater

this meme. water falls from the sky on a regular basis. stop living in deserts and maybe you won't have a problem with water.

we can only hope, but it won't be over water. I'm hoping for a combination of ebola and war

>China's working on a de desertification technology. More greenery = more rain. Saudi Arabia allegedly has developed a way to stimulate rain.

i heard about China's plans yes, sounded interesting. regreening the desert starting with hardy plants then trees i think it was.

>this meme. water falls from the sky on a regular basis. stop living in deserts and maybe you won't have a problem with water.

well yes you will because there still isnt enough

>stop living in deserts
Refugees are trying to do exactly that.

checked, but can y'all tell me how plants make rain

i will rape a female leaf within my lifetime and receive a medal from trump for it

I'm not keen on rain dynamics, but greenery soaks up rain when it does rain. In arid areas, all that water evaporates back up and gets carted off to different regions. I believe the benefits are there in growing more greenery.

rapeugees are coming for NEETbux not water

It's already under way but not because of anything to do with freshwater. It is because the Earth witnessed something unprecedented in the history of life on this planet: the appearance of the first (as ecologists are calling it) global superpredator. An organism that hugely eclipses anything recognized in the geologic record and even feeds on large populations of other adult apex predators.

As a result, the current episode of extinction is unique in that it is selective against large-bodied animals, which raises the possibility of unprecedented effects on the Earth system (biodiversity, biogeochemical cycles, etc.) that could very well cascade into an event that rivals the extinction of dinosaurs 66 million years ago.

Attached: ced.png (983x798, 704K)

>not enough water
lives in UK where it rains all the time
wtf how do you not have enough water in the uk wtf are you doing britbong

>Great Extinction
No, not the litteral definition, because that means, in a scientific dictionnary:
>95% of all species on the planet go extinct.

Then, if you talk about human population, then yes, at 10 billion we should start to receed.

This has to to with educating niggers.
(Other countries could learn from US btw, we are not multicultural, and mostly hate it, in france. Republicanism / Civic Nationalism is the norm here, even tho we lefties)

Niggerd need to be told to make 2 nigglets per woman. Contraception = good.
Aids + too many kids = bad.

But that also comes with hospital and medecine so that children don't die by the thousands at birth, and after.

So it's a slow process.
But doesn't mean that we are going towards WW3 just because of population/ressources.
People fight over resources with money, not fists or guns although on a state level, they do fight for some control over who gets to tax them ressources.

The Rich VS poor uprise could happen, but as the middme class rises and has nothing to complain about, everything will stay nice and calm.

Cataclysms and world wars are bad for business. Even if manufacturers can sell more weapons, they wouldn't risk a war that would destroy their factories, because weapons factories are primary targets.

Attached: 1515688474454.png (559x427, 189K)

Shouldn't have reproduced there so excessively in the first place

A leaf should know about this already.

>checked, but can y'all tell me how plants make rain

i dont know if they are really trying to make rain, just green the desert and stop it speading

>lives in UK where it rains all the time
>wtf how do you not have enough water in the uk wtf are you doing britbong

because there's 65 million cunts here now

youtube.com/watch?v=cazVrq9v1mE

This isn't where I originally got the information from. But it's somewhat related. I'll see if I can find the video I was thinking of.

probably wind up with a canadian trapper

Attached: 1508384195600.jpg (500x430, 36K)

>How do trees make rain?
Growing trees take water from the soil and release it into the atmosphere.

I'm not keen on rain dynamic either but starting a forest with cloud seeding doesn't seem like a self-sustaining process.

*coughs* move to northern canada so you will actually have water in the future..

nigga just invade Scotland and Wales.

Easy to extract water just from condensation, 8" pvc pipes run down underground to avg temp level with a method to collect at bottom, build a box with a fan at the top to force flow. All the water you need. Boosh

and poor you without a rain OR cunt licence

says the depressed pessimistic German stereotype, stfu hanz , go make a painting

Attached: 1524612709395.jpg (538x482, 64K)

Cloud seeding: The expensive business of rain in the desert
Cloud seeding - the science of altering clouds to make rain, has been going on in the United Arab Emirates for more than 10 years.

But in recent years the number of flights has been increasing - last year more than 200 missions took place at a cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The hope is that by increasing rainfall, cloud seeding can help to replenish the country's diminishing water supplies. But is it a cost effective way of doing it?
Wiki has a bunch of different examples, but this is the one I've heard most about. Probably just sensationalism, though