THOR WAS HALF-BLACK

In the Poetic Edda, Snorri Sturluson writes
>Near the earth's centre was made that goodliest of homes and haunts that ever have been, which is called Troy, even that which we call Turkland. This abode was much more gloriously made than others, and fashioned with more skill of craftsmanship in manifold wise, both in luxury and in the wealth which was there in abundance. There were twelve kingdoms and one High King, and many sovereignties belonged to each kingdom; in the stronghold were twelve chieftains. These chieftains were in every manly part greatly above other men that have ever been in the world. One king among them was called Múnón or Mennón; and he was wedded to the daughter of the High King Priam, her who was called Tróán; they had a child named Trór, whom we call Thor.
So was this father of Thor? Turns out he was an Ethiopian (i.e., black) king
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memnon_(mythology)
>In Greek mythology, Memnon (/ˈmɛmnən/; Ancient Greek: Μέμνων) was an Ethiopian king and son of Tithonus and Eos. As a warrior he was considered to be almost Achilles' equal in skill.
>In the Prologue of Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda, Memnon is cited as the father of the Germanic God Thor.
That means Thor was half-black, half-Greek

Attached: 3243.jpg (928x523, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wwaytv3.com/2018/04/23/2-year-old-pelted-9-times-by-paintballs-in-her-nc-yard-mother-says/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prose_Edda#Prologue
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So you're saying all these pagan deities worshiped around Europe sometime after 1200 BC were just bronze age men that fought at Troy? Interesting.

Attached: 232423423423.jpg (1078x1005, 438K)

Delete this nephew

>Nephew
What did he mean by this?

kek

>tfw WE WUZ NORDZ
Feels good bros. Now I can name my son Ragnar or some shit. BASED OP dropping redpills!

>Fought at Illium

Fixed that for you. The city was named Illium.

Wasnt Odin the father of Thor?

Thor was the son of Odin in the Norse tradition, the work there was referring to something else. Also Troy was in the "Troad" and so on, so you get the idea...

Gee, I tought this was some new kike thing, but it was just confused OP...

>It's somebody else
How many Thors did Nordics have? And there can be no question that Snorri is talking about Troy (he even mentions king Priam)

Only to Nordcucks, to us Anglo-Saxons and other Germanics, Thunor was brother to Woden son to Bor.

>he has only one Thor
lol, poorfag

Snorri had to make up shit that was culturally un-related to Nordic mythology, literally and unironically connect it to Troy and argue this case just so that he could write down the stories without getting into trouble. Kind of like what priests and older women in other European cultures did, relating it all to the old testiment or something med, just in order for it to survive. They had to strip the identity and spirituality from it just so the stories could be passed on in the form of text.

Irl, the Nordics and Mycenaeans did have strong cultural ties though. We have clues of this but beyond weapons and some cultural aspects the specifics are unknown. I read some research this Italian fellow did, he unironically thought that the ancient Mycenaeans (or meds in general, I don't remember) wuz Nordic. And his work, while crazy and based on falsehood unironically made me think about how similar the cultures were, they way he broke down specific things Homer mentioned about the bronze age Meds and how culturally similar they were to the Nordics (who were mostly isolated after the Bronze Age Collapse) was really fascinating.

But it's still wrong and no, the Germanic gods were not the men who caused the fall of Troy.

>Snorri had to make up shit that was culturally un-related to Nordic mythology, literally and unironically connect it to Troy and argue this case just so that he could write down the stories without getting into trouble.
Source: my ass

THAT'S CATHOLIC EUHEMERISM
IT'S NOT OF A PAGAN SOURCE
IT'S CHRISTIAN PROPAGANDA YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Not my ass, Snorri's ass. That's where the Troy info came from at least. He was a great and interesting man imo but user... You can see this pattern all over Europe. Do you believe things like the Saxons being one of the lost tribes of Israel too? Or that Joseph and Mary were from Missouri originally? Because Snorri's Nordic-Troy story is about as accurate.

It is not Christian propaganda either. Just based Snorri getting creative so that we can hear the tales of the old gods all these years later.

>ITT we use mental gymnastics of the highest order so that everyone is a nigger

What's really interesting is that the ORAL tradition of the Iliad wouldn't have survived the translation from the Greek. Oral poetry holds together relatively unaltered because of the verse. It's not unreasonable that the various polytheistic religions of Europe have some common grounding in the Trojan war. Names gradually get changed to suit the language and the details diverge because the details are static only in the original Greek. The line between heroes and gods even blurs a bit in the Illiad.

TFW real Europeans worship a handful of motherfuckers that were so badass we took them as gods.

Memnon was from Asiatic white Aethiopia, not the modern place

>It's not a pagan source but Christian propaganda
By that standard there are no written down pagan sources

How is it mental gymnastics to note that Snorri said Thor is the son of an Ethiopian king?

A mother said she is moving out of her west Charlotte home after her 2-year-old daughter was pelted nine times last week with paintballs while standing outside.

The woman said her daughter was in the front yard while she was unloading groceries when a group of guys was shooting paintball guns at each other. She said when she went inside to drop off some items she heard her the girl crying for help.

The 2-year-old had marks all over her body after someone fired off paintballs at her.

Paintball wars have been gaining national traction since the beginning of the year and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said it has received more than 150 calls since Jan. 1 involving paintball gun complaints.

“She was screaming so bad,” the mother said. “She said, ‘Mommy help me, mommy help me.’ That killed me. When I saw her with paint all over her shirt and her pants, my heart dropped. I never thought this would happen to my baby.”

The mother said she found welts on her daughter’s chest, back, knees and legs. She told Channel 9 that a group of men was shooting each other on her property earlier last week.

“I heard one of them say that’s their way to, instead of attacking themselves with guns, they’re going to do it like that because that’s how they get the anger out of them,” the mother said.

The woman said she’s not against people using paintball guns to hash things out, but it shouldn’t jeopardize anyone else’s safety.

She filed a police report, and days later, she said her car was hit twice with paintballs.

CMPD investigated the incident and arrested 17-year-old Keon Jaquez Broughton, who is facing charges for causing a disturbance, assaulting a child and resisting an officer.

wwaytv3.com/2018/04/23/2-year-old-pelted-9-times-by-paintballs-in-her-nc-yard-mother-says/

Attached: 014VySM.jpg (720x960, 45K)

>Memnon was from Asiatic white Aethiopia, not the modern place
Eh no, pic related is how the Greeks imagined him

Attached: 33432.jpg (575x400, 39K)

THIS IS THE LAST STRAW KIKE

My ancestors will guide my blade as it finds your heart

Attached: 1517773395078.png (1920x1080, 3.87M)

It's called Euhemerism. All of this came from the Prologue of the Prose Edda, meaning that IT IS NOT apart of any myths, it's just a prologue added, and everyone acknowledges that it's "Euhemerism" which means a "presumption".

OP is a retard:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prose_Edda#Prologue
>The Prologue is the first section of four books of the Edda, and consists of an euhemerized Christian account of the origins of Nordic mythology: the Nordic gods are described as human Trojan warriors who left Troy after the fall of that city (an origin similar to the one chosen by Geoffrey of Monmouth in the 12th century to account for the ancestry of the British nation, and which parallels Virgil's Aeneid).
>The Prologue is the first section of four books of the Edda, and consists of an euhemerized Christian account of the origins of Nordic mythology:
>The Prologue...consists of an euhemerized Christian account of the origins of Nordic mythology:
>an euhemerized Christian account
OP is not talking about Norse Paganism, he's talking about Christianity.
>Euhemerism is an approach to the interpretation of mythology in which mythological accounts are presumed to have originated from real historical events or personages.
>Euhemerism is an approach to the interpretation of mythology
>in which mythological accounts are presumed to have originated from real historical events or personages.
>in which mythological accounts are presumed
>PRESUMED

Then:
>Thor, son of Odin
Now:
>Thor, son of Kangz

Thor is the Nordic name for the sumerian god Enlil, which is the semetic Ba'al, Greek Zeus, and pagan Canaanite god 'El'.

seeYou brain dead idiot.
The actual poems are the Pagan Mythology.
The prologue is an Euhemerized Christian account.
THREAD OVER

>Now:
Except that the Poetic Edda was written many centuries ago

>My ancestors
>posts pic of a Polish hussar who would probably have been a Christian

>TFW real Europeans worship a handful of motherfuckers that were so badass we took them as gods.
I'm not sure of the source but I've read that like +60% of Europe are descended from just 3 men who lived around the time of the bronze age. That's why R1b, I1 and R1a are so common in Europe aside from migration factors and shit of that nature. I'll look for a source before this thread gets deleted.

I'm aware, I just didn't want to be a dick to OP until he was a dick to me desu.

But Snorri is talking about Troy there, it's a symbolic mention. He is not talking about Thor, Odin's son, clearly.

But that is the main interpretation of the work for centuries. The Frankish kings even imprisoned people who doubted their "Trojan Lineage", even though they, as Germanics, traced their lineage back to Odin. Tracing their lineage back to Odin would be troublesome after christianization, so you have things like this.

THREAD OVER

Attached: 1523196008454.png (720x508, 627K)

If you believe that you'll believe anything. No wonder why niggers think they're otherwordly aliens that would be living in Wakanda right now if it wasn't for ypipo.

That's just how the greeks viewed ethiopians thousands of years later, but Ethiopians were half-semite, as they are even today.

>Being this desperate in making stuff up

>says the guy claiming Thor was black

Ethiopian language is semitic even today, guess how that happened. Idiot...

Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between Pagan Mythology and Christian Euhemerism

Attached: 1521069237914.jpg (1024x733, 99K)

Very good argument

A bunch. When tribes merged they also merged some stories is the explanation. Simmilar to how Zeus has slept around with many women.

>Snorri is talking about Troy (he even mentions king Priam)

Hey we are bros now. Based Greeks from Asia Minor traveled to Scandinavia for quads electrolux, jarlsbreg, danish butter cookes and nokia.

>Turns out he was an Ethiopian (i.e., black) king
Niggers can't comprehend that Ethiopia was a WHITE Greek colony in the ancient world. Blacks didn't come until later. Nice try Jamaal, but you'll always be a nigger.

Attached: 1386204411350.jpg (973x1285, 282K)

I've got news for you. Thor was not real.