Anyone else hate it when people use the word "Y'ALL"?

Attached: f388aa225e5458d704318c6be3262fc0.jpg (550x842, 43K)

What's with all ya'll autists gettin so upset bout a person's grammar? It ain't like math. It can evolve.

>yfw you ironically said yall with a redneck accent to make fun of the the poorfag tradecuck sons but started unironically saying it afterwards

y'all equals southern white trash.

no

Just the opposite. It's a badly needed word.

Why do all y'all keep hating on southerners?

Can't stand southern twang, but y'all is a damn useful word -- fills a hole in the English language

>y'all
I don't see the problem with it. A second-person pronoun for addressing multiple people is useful, and most languages have one.

Absolutely. Fun fact, most languages that have one use the singular as an informal version, and use the plural as both the plural (obviously) and a formal singular. In English, we used to have "thou" (2nd person/singular/informal) and "you" (2nd person/plural/formal). We eventually dropped "thou," and "yall" fills in the missing additional pronoun while inverting the informal/formal versions. Absolutely nothing wrong with "yall."

I hate it when a tumbltard uses it to deliberately not use the word "guys" and expects everyone else to do the same. I knew an SJW in real life that did that, and shes a leaf so hearing her say y'all was really annoying and jarring.

y'all'dv best get a move on.

Oh, bless your heart.

Attached: 1524611805616s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Attached: farmsuggestion-yalldvefldve-be-sledgehammer-you-all-would-have-if-i-8679187.png (500x566, 45K)

Makes me vomit desu.
"Y'all" is mostly used by niggers anyway so I always thought it was a shit word that should never be used.

Y'all sounds better than you's.

How else can you have a second person plural in English?

Anyone else hate California faggots?

(Y’alled)

Yes. That's right. So y'all can't just fuck right off.

Attached: heynow.png (596x351, 11K)

I still say bro. It hasn't been ironic in a long time

you will never understand the teaching of the Y'all nor the spirit of the Yeehaw

this fuck all y'all

There is nothing wrong with contractions. That being said, simply saying "you all" does not hurt anyone either.

yeah, but I say "youse" so its a bit hypocritical of me

u & r

y'all'st've'd got mad

Well first you have to be a northerner, and probably a sodomite, and if you put down Southerners enough eventually the people in which you are referring will understand that you are speaking about them. Takes a while, but you get used to it. Eventually you just start voting Democrat and smiling while your city turns into a heep of garbage and watermelon rinds

For the last time, the correct english second person plural is y’ins.

Attached: soyit.gif (800x600, 144K)

Y'all is a contraction of You all.

DId I really have to just explain that?

fuck all y'all yanks

Anyone else hate apostrophes?

HOW THE HELL'RE Y'ALL DOIN'

just noticed the prozac pill for the first time. nice

Writing it out like that makes it seem so much worse then it really is. When you speak those things out loud, they are easy to understand.

No.

It is a necessary word.

English speakers got rid of "thou" which was the word used when you meant to speak to a singular 2nd person.

"You" was meant to be for multiple 2nd persons. By using "You" for singular and multiples you all, or y'all, FUCKED UP THE LANGUAGE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Southerners just decided to fix it. Like we do...

Attached: 1336092532340.jpg (500x340, 38K)

I've seen worst than "y'all" being used: yew.

I thought plural 2nd person was "ye"

Ya'll'd've

Y'all y'ins you'ins
all fine

y'all millenials with your minimun of once per post "LITERALLY" have me sharpening my kitana

No. I used y'all a lot of time.

>kitana
kek

>there is a definite need for a plural AND singular second person pronoun

Y'all is vastly preferable to y'unz.

No.
Because I'm not a yankcuck like you.

Attached: sb 02b.png (370x358, 142K)

If you legitimately have a problem with people saying "y'all" you're a bitch.

I do

Northeast is simple. 1 is You and 2+ is You guys

Y'all is singular retard

This is correct.

It is conspicuously absent in a language with the largest vocabulary of all time by a huge margin. Ill bet the Jews are responsible somehow.

In all seriousness though, 'You' is still plural in some contexts (e.g. "all of you"). But normally it sounds weird and off to use it that way. Maybe after the day of the Rope we can all bring back using thee and thine.

I read that as "You guyths"
Like the faggot lisp.
They're yankees, so it fits.

Attached: 1509864109118.jpg (250x250, 6K)

You're leaving out a lot.

Thou/thee/thy/thine were dropped for you/you/your/yours as society gradually became more formal and collectivist and more focused on being polite. The former came to be used only when spoken in affectionate or domestic language between individuals who had strong, personal bonds.

Honestly, English needs something along the lines of "ihr" as the Germans have for plural second person.

If there exists a distinct first and third person plural, not having a distinct second person plural is borderline barbaric.

Y'all'd've been better off just ignoring this thread

So you couldn't think of something to talk about, so you just attack your betters.

this is a /thread yall

Y'all equals you all

If I ever come to power in this country, I will execute anyone that utters that stupid fucking word. And Jews.

Y'all have got the ID, homo

Jow Forums should adopt 2nd person singular and plurals
>user
>Y'user
well maybe y'user sounds a bit hebee

>You's
That's"You'se", user. The contracted "you whose"
If you intend to criticize grammar, at least use proper grammar

blacks brought it up from the south to the midwest in the 60s and it's now part of the average vocab

Y'all don't slip fall'n break ya hoof nowen thewet backyard

I hate it when people spell it y'all, the apple way

I don't mind Y'all very much.
I am highly triggered by mines. As in:
"Is this your hat?"
"No mines is blue"

Y'all need to pay attention to this

It's a white country word that blacks appropriated

Forgot the pic, located in Florence Kentucky

Attached: 636039538641215206-CINBer-03-10-2016-FRK-1-A005--2016-03-08-IMG-CINBrd-12-18-2012-En-1-1-2EDMB1TG-L7 (540x405, 24K)