How are you holding up Jow Forums

How are you holding up Jow Forums? How is your mental outlook going? Hows your life going in this asinine backwards world?

General discussion thread

>tfw 4 months after graduation and no job
>had to pay way through college and put 60k in debt
>no luck breaking into investment banking, finance, consulting, asset management, valuation
>tradwife/10 gf is starting to get worried, 2/3 panic attacks a week
>LGBTBBQQWERTY snowflakes in communication studies are getting high paying jobs at (((buzzfeed))) and (((amazon)))

>it was my privilege

How are you doing tonight?

Attached: 1504296764234.jpg (550x825, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wd7R67yydcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At least you live in the US(and have a qt), it could be worse.

Every day I dream about death. My life is in shambles. I have no friends. Im drunk every day and all I do is sit at home alone day in and day out. Its getting to the point where every breath I take is agony. I just wish I had the balls to pull the trigger and finally end it all.

To live is to suffer

I forget who said it, but there is a saying "suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret"

find the small things and build on them. friends at the end of the day arent the most important thing. you are.

Negoiated a decent raise at work and passed all my stainless TIG tests, also found out I owe $6000 less on my truck than I thought I did. Everything is pretty fucking swell.

true, i could, and you could live in mauritania...doesnt take away from the journey ive trod through

Oh shit you have student debt? If there was only some way politically you could do something about that, retard.

nice man
>owe $6000 less on truck
Was this negotiation with lender or was your math off?

Nigger faggot cocksucker

>senior in high school
>shit grades because depression
>won't go to good undergrad
might kill myself

Nah I would just keep overpaying the minimum amount out of fear of not paying the bill fully and I guess it all added up over the past couple years.

Highschool is absolutely worthless. Have you thought of picking up a trade? Or just get your GED / Community college? It's easy to transfer to real college after.

>tfw 4 months after graduation and no job

Four months isn't long. Keep looking.

>had to pay way through college and put 60k in debt

Welcome to higher education in the U.S. Hopefully you also got a Pell, scholarships, etc.

>no luck breaking into investment banking, finance, consulting, asset management, valuation

You can't discount the whole market on the failure of your couple of dozen applications or whatever. Move? Companies of all sizes need finance folks. Sounds like you may have taken the "I wanna pump up my cocaine numbers" pill like it was still the '80s or early '00s or something.

>tradwife/10 gf is starting to get worried, 2/3 panic attacks a week

Is she working? If she's not taking care of kids, she should be helping financially while you figure out your shit.

>LGBTBBQQWERTY snowflakes in communication studies are getting high paying jobs at (((buzzfeed))) and (((amazon)))

You could work at Amazon, too. They need finance people. And it'll pay you a shitton. Maybe suck it up and apply, and move if you need to.

Love, sex, pain, confusion and suffering

High school isn't worth as much as you think. If you go to college, do the first two years in a community college, and kick major ass. Straight As, if you can. That'll be cheaper, plus prove you can bust ass in college. That'll get you in most anywhere.

attend a reputable CC near you, ace your classes, and get yourself into a top 50 program. pick up self learning online of whatever you want.
I knew a couple of people who did this and got into stanford and university michigan business schools

I'd estimate my GPA to be a 3.1. I will probably go to an easy undergrad then transfer up so I can go to a good law school. It's not super bad, but I just needed to vent somewhere. Thanks for taking the time to respond though, dixie user. God bless.

You traded your wife for 10 girlfriends?

My sanity is wavering

This

At least you feel something.

That sounds like a really good idea. Glad to know I have an actual way out of this mess I've created for myself. Thanks for the advice anons.

Fuck your GPA nigger, it doesn't matter as much as they tell you it does. Only if you plan on jumping straight in to a top school or something.

These guys understand. You can get dirt cheap classes (sometimes available for tax write-off) that will cover your basics. You can save yourself tens of thousands of dollars in debt. Or just find out if you're made of the stuff to do it without going into debt slavery.

How so? Started to believe in meme magic or something?

You could say that..

I currently have a folder of over 360 pdfs of tailored resumes brother. Ive also spent about about 400 hours networking my ass off.
>only 12 interviews,
>5 final rounds
>2 of the positions i recieved offers only to have the positions rescinded because of new budget/organizational overhalls
>both of those I had been recruited for since november
>3 final round rejections

Honestly you guys have calmed me down a lot, thanks for the help.
High Schools along the west coast have become super fucking competitive for some reason. They encourage a culture of getting into the best undergrad possible and that if you don't you're fucked for life.

>tfw intrusive thoughts
>tfw hardly able to focus on drawings any more before getting mentally exhausted
>can slowly feel myself growing less sentient and more impulsive as isolation takes its toll on my brain

Attached: 99395F0A-DFEE-4528-966B-B29A6D2D83EA.jpg (780x1114, 290K)

california?

Then something's seriously wrong with something. Either your grades sucked, you're applying for jobs which are too senior, or something.

Network. Find some finance dude and take him out for a couple of drinks, then pick his brain clean. Tell him you want work and ask if he knows anyone. Sometimes (actually, often) it's "who you know", not "what you know".

Do your best for the rest of the time you're there. A community college must accept you; they're all open enrollment, basically. So just go get your basics out of the way and do well on them. Take an honors class or something, and/or do a bit of extra stuff. If you do that well for a couple of years, you'll be fine anywhere.

I have absolutely zero motivation. Setback after setback has taught me I'm going nowhere. And I've tried everything possible. But no matter what I've gained or what I've done it's always, without fail, taken away or ruined.

I'm done.

I'm a university student who has been fighting internet addiction. I've started exercising more, setting schedules, and going out more, and it's going okay. However I still find myself thirsting for the cheap stimulation that I used to get from news, message boards, chat, etc. In addition, I don't know have to meaningfully rest and relax now that I've limited surfing the net to mostly weekends. After getting redpilled, I realized that the internet is nothing but a toxic waste of time keeping me from my true potential, but it has been part of my life for such a long time that I've been stumbling in the dark to try to replace it.

What are some hobbies and habits that could help me combat my internet addiction? Will these pangs ever go away?

Attached: learninghowtolearn.jpg (720x2277, 661K)

Buddha says the same thing that life is filled with suffering. Read up on the 4 noble truths as they teach about the cessation of suffering as well.

North California, yep

right on man, southern california here
you are actually in a golden zone because both of the people i knew who did CC to Stanford/michigan did it in california

Start reading. Dip into fiction if you have to.

Thanks bro, I'm glad knowing I have a way out of this. You anons really helped me out tonight. God bless.

Put in naturalization app recently. Was depressed for awhile after getting associates at my CC that led to nothing. Also my CAD cert gets literally no use without internships or experience. Started to work out and looking forward to losing 40 lbs, already down 15. Started copying old master drawings and lately thinking about oil painting. Still can't bring myself to care about meeting people so I just stay in my room.

27 yr kv

like i said, i have been networking
grades arent cum laude, but they arent sub 2.5 or anything like that
brief background
>investment experience at university fund, increased portfolio value by 113%, >family office/bookkeeping/project analyst position for 4 years to pay some bills,
>worked at a start up for a year running operations, personally raised 200k in angel investments before VC takeover

The only things I can think of is either HR people (who im not connecting through contacts) simply look at my background and misjudge that I have too much experience and ding me, or that Im having an extreme case of bad luck

every single non-hr person, including contacts that got me interviews, said my background was more than solid

Dude, your problem isn't that the internet is addicting, it sure as fuck isn't, that's that OUTSIDE life has literally been destroyed. There is no real reason to go out anymore. There used to be community get-togethers, and neighbors, and family outings, and parks and playgrounds, and all kinds of shit people could do together.

That's all gone now.

The internet isn't addicting. It's just the only alternative.

I got offered consulting work at big 4 after 2 years in the memiest business degree you can imagine. If you didn’t find work it’s because you didn’t work hard enough.
t. Millennial who wasted his 20’s but still made it in the end

That's only somewhat true. You have to work a harder to find alternatives but that's not a big deal in most cases. Also has nothing to do with the thought process that gets you addicted to the internet in the first place. Who gets addicted to football?

I'm just trying to show myself that there's a lot of alternatives that I probably haven't thought of. Also I think I've lost the art of just resting and walking around, observing without judging. Maybe that might help reduce the pang for cheap novelty.

You're not entirely wrong. But, honestly, those alternatives used to be the absolute standard, not something you had to hunt down and pay for.

>when I grow up I want to be a consultant

Attached: 1512783778525.png (485x443, 25K)

Quiting alcohol would be a good first step user, remember suicide is never the answer. I'm sure you can lead a fulfilling life if you take improving your situation in small easy steps, find something you enjoy or that challenges you.

>spent last five years locked up
>been a NEET all my life
>NEETbux no longer an option
>PO getting on me about employment
>no real work history
>criminal background
>small town and businesses closing
>want to work but can't get hired
I need a reset.

>big 4
>not MBB

If your going to talk shit like a cunt back it up. Also im not in or interested in audit

Family and god brother, its all we have in this world. Look to them for comfort when all else has gone to shit.

I keep asking God to cut my breathing off in the night so I can die peacefully but it still isn't working. I've asked him a few times now over the course of the last month. Any tips or tricks? Should I sleep with a noose around my neck so it's easier?

I will NEVER, EVER be a wageslave

If you are white move here please, we have low skill jobs coming out the wazoo, get in quick before all the migrants snatch them up.

>Have well paying job
>Married to a redpilled wife
>Buying my first house
>No Kids
>Planning travel in the summer
>Eating a balanced as fuck diet
>Working out 5 times a week.

I'm depressed.

Attached: 13846219.jpg (317x372, 16K)

Don't worry Chad.
I come from the land down under.

>we have low skill jobs
good one

Minus the drunk everyday part, that's me.

My mental outlook is pretty good. I’m going to start getting on the internet in 1 hr blocks and break them up with exercise until I re train my body to fall back into normalcy

>Went to University
>Failed and dropped out (Study hard guys, it's your own fault if you fuck up)
>I was studying Anthropology so it was a blessing in disguise, if I stuck it out I probably have become a become a minor noble amongst the cucks at best.
>Went to Nursing school
>Failed dropped out, (don't work in a female dominated environment maleanons, it sucks) Met future wife there, so not all bad
>Picked a shit job which involved alot of manual labour but has plenty of room to climb to the top
>Have a decent paying job now
>Married, buying a house soon, and then children
>Will launch my own business on the side soon, hopefully going to make my first million in 5-10 years

Attached: 1519102748311.png (682x450, 427K)

Being able to buy a house in New Zealand is a luxury as well. Good luck to you bro.

anthropology sounds very good as an academic field, what was your experience with it?
>alot of manual labour but has plenty of room to climb to the top
what industry m8

Yep, sure is. I'm doing better than alot of my countrymen, and I think I'll get a decent house for around 300k. I'm not in a big city obviously and if I was I'd be FUCKED like the rest of you poor bastards

RIP

But seriously housing is fucked up, and I really feel for you guys. Pricing an entire generation out of their 3 bedrooms and 1/4 acre? Fucking disgusting.

had horrible grades in high school, started 1st year Econ major and got a 4.0 GPA. based on GPA I'm now transferring to a top tier uni's CS program. feels good

Beekeeping M8
>anthropology sounds very good as an academic field, what was your experience with it?
When I showed up to lectures I loved it. But you need to be realistic with what you want do with your degree, do you want to be an Anthropologist working in the field? or an Archaeologist? If you do you have loads of competition and if you want to get chosen over them you need you'll need beat them AND be at the right place at the right time.

If that's what you want then go for it mate, I wish you best. If you get 99% of the way you'll still be able go to /his/ and obliterate them, but you can't eat that.

Not possible. I can't even leave the county without special permission, much less the country. At least three more years of this shit and thousands in restitution. I actually enjoyed most of my time in prison and always had a job in there. Now I'm a nobody going nowhere, and things aren't improving. Not sure how long I'll survive like this.

I want to publicly self-immolate and then stab myself through the neck to counter good Samaritans. It seems like the only way to prove a point.

nice man! keep it up

>What are some hobbies and habits that could help me combat my internet addiction?
Change the environment, have your computer in a place you'd rather not be. Give yourself a schedule and endure the pain. Everytime you go to a site, remind yourself and get back to what you were doing berfore. Keep doing that and you'll be good, each time you successfully redirect it's building the muscle of not being shit.
>Will these pangs ever go away?
You can only ask that question while you're still fucking up. If you get good it won't matter. Remind yourself that this isn't what you want.

Attached: 1510765196666.jpg (800x556, 91K)

Ive just bought a house. But theres a twist.

In Ukraine.

holding off uni to work my ass off to try and build a career in art. Everything is so hopeless though, seems like hard work don’t matter as much as luck and connections. Meanwhile have a toxic family. On the bright side ive forrced myself off the jewpills for depression for a year now and still holding on though it does get hard now and then

>moved to flag related from leafland
>working blue collar, might be applying at the docks to work with ships at $30 an hour
>paying down about $3k of debt
>nice girlfriend, great wife attributes
>starting workout regimen, got a friend and a membership
>no sign of my depression/lack of motivation, except of days off where I'm a bit lazy
I feel pretty happy, I just need to really start learning the language. Anything else healthy I can get back into my routine? Reading some good literature would be nice

Attached: 1481048889054.png (1701x904, 1.28M)

I plan to kill Jews and steal their shekels. I also plan to rise to the top of the power vacuum. The future is bright.

I watch this 5 min vid every morning to get me pumped for the day, bloody works too...
youtu.be/wd7R67yydcY