Whatever happened to the peace and free love of the hippies?

Whatever happened to the peace and free love of the hippies?
Why is the modern left so hateful compared to the doobie smokers?

Attached: hippies.jpg (425x305, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann
nytimes.com/1976/08/05/archives/cia-considered-big-lsd-purchase-agency-data-disclose-1953-idea-to.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>posts a photo of boomers in their youth

I dunno, what happened user?

Attached: dumbass.gif (250x250, 1.22M)

gib me dem programs an forgib mah debts you cabitalis big.

They became part of the machine, and damn good at it too.

Heroin

doobie smokers were always hateful. They just masked it by pretending their giving into lust and pleasure was a sign of goodness. They were fighting a war just as we are, but they weren't honest about it.

they were never peaceful, they were always shitbag degenerates, its just media whitewashing that waxes nostalgic for the past that makes hippies seem enticing.

>Whatever happened to the peace and free love of the hippies?

It collapsed under the weight of its own drug addiction, venereal diseases and single mother pregnancies.

“We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled that 60's. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.”

Read Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas.

Attached: 1508861864106.jpg (700x700, 121K)

the movement was subverted by (((communists)))

More like the whole hippie movement was created by (((them)), do you, perhaps, know the origins of one of the most used drug by hippies called LSD? It was created by the CIA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann

Leftists were drugged out white tards with a fetish for minorities in the 60s. Now leftists are mostly minorities with some pet whites sprinkled in. Of course they're more violent and irrational now that they're browner as a group.

Attached: 1464893117869.jpg (418x355, 37K)

Person on the right is a liberal, not a leftist.

Hippies were also (((their))) project. Project known as (((environmentalism))) and (((new age)))

They got jobs, mostly in education and government, and instituted all their beliefs into society. Then society predictably turned to the biggest shitpile in history. If there are hippies left I assume they're either alcoholics or just hiding out of embarrassment.

What we were sold in the 1960's was a window into what an all white libertarian society might be, but the window just kept opening and opening and it hasn't stopped and now we have to resurrect hitler to balance the force.

oooo good! well played

I don't know what you are implying but the company Hofmann worked for (Sandoz Laboratories) was in constant communicationnwith what came to benknow as the CIA even before its creation, so far as to sell more than 500 million doses of CIA a few years after Hofmann accidentally syntethized LSD. Understanding how the CIA operates it is understandable to conclude that this and many such other companies were beng funded by american tax money under the "black projects" budget.

Look up for more information on this Sandoz laboratories, you won't thinkmof LSD the same.
nytimes.com/1976/08/05/archives/cia-considered-big-lsd-purchase-agency-data-disclose-1953-idea-to.html

And also, the LSD was used in more than 10,000 patients under the disguise of "treatment" and 20-30 years laters we found out project MK Ultra, and Monarch had been using LSD for experimenting.

It was unsustainable. Your utopia of just “dropping out” and getting high to experience the radiance of love from the Universe and disdain for materialism cannot exist without a monthly check from mom and dad...

I know, i was there.

I hate Thompson, but it is still a decent explanation.

If you're not larping, then give us some stories.

>It was created by the CIA.

If I give you 1million $ to make me a car, I made the car, because I gave you the funds to make it. What the fuck