Why did you fall for the college meme Jow Forums?

>npr.org/sections/ed/2018/04/25/605092520/high-paying-trade-jobs-sit-empty-while-high-school-grads-line-up-for-university

>Morgan, who is 20, is already working on a job site when he isn't at the Pacific Northwest Ironworkers shop. He gets benefits, including a pension, from employers at the job sites where he is training. And he is earning $28.36 an hour, or more than $50,000 a year, which is almost certain to steadily increase.

As for his friends from high school, "they're still in college," he said with a wry grin. "Someday maybe they'll make as much as me."

Why havnt you stopped what your doing and get into a trade now you loser beta males!

Attached: iron.jpg (1600x1066, 261K)

i didn't, data miner

I didn’t, I went straight into the plumbing trade after high school, bought and paid off my first truck by 20, bought a house two years ago at 22

Also, I’d like to say office workers are bitches

Going to college isn't a meme. Going to college for shit degrees in something like "Gender Studies" and "Communications" is a meme.

Attached: 1522274911302.jpg (645x671, 81K)

Til you realise being in a trade is the most soul-sucking bullshit. I was a machinist for 5+ years, in the trade even longer. It sucked.

You left out the part where you deal with assholes all day, you work like a dog, 6 days a week, 10 hours a day and you can lose everything just as easily if your employer decides to be a shill.

Don't get me wrong there's some sweet gigs out there, but it isn't easy and you will likely have NO time for yourself. You will work until you're dead. For a lot of people, this isn't ideal.

Because of women. It's sad but it's true. Women don't like people who do manual work. And men want to drown in pussy so they want "clean" desk job. If you leave women's opinion behind you will go far ahead in life. That's the truth, whether its in job, education or life. Women are niggers of the world. And yes, those trade jobs are the best one to have. It is manly, pays are higher and are self sustainable.

>he does manual labour
OH NO NO NO NO NO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MOVE THOSE FEET FOR ME PLUMBER

Attached: 1505754856976.png (713x611, 26K)

have fun killing your body to make half as much as I do

Spoken like a nigger whose never worked a trade a day in his life

basically

t. buttmad bitchboy
Scared of a little work?

>not running your own business
you deserve the abuse retard
drop that nazi flag, Hitler would be very disappointed in you.

cuz you can just start up your own business with the ease you imply, fucking retard

not sure which country are you from by in my country government buys you tools and equipments you need to start your own trade business or give heavy subsidies in them for the starters.

Nah I'd rather use my mind to make money then slaving away with a bunch of blue collar scum

I was accepted to the university I wanted to attend, went to the community college nearby instead for 2 years. Tuition was 1/10th the cost at the community college. When I completed 2 years (AA degree) it gave me the ability to transfer all credits over to the university I wanted to attend and guaranteed acceptance because they were both in the state university system. I then finished my final two years of school. I worked the entire time as did my fiancee (now wife) and I paid for school as I attended it, did not take student loans. I got my degree for like 45% off the cost of everyone who went to the university right off the bat, and I think the transition from high school to community college while working was a better maturation experience then living on a university campus in a college town.

I currently make a six figure salary as a project manager for a software development company. My degree didn't teach me much I couldn't have figured out on my own, but the stupid piece of paper was the entrance key and I managed to luckily start out in a good company where I could prove myself quickly. College as they tell you to do it is indeed a meme, but there are ways around that.

I'll be done my teaching degree in two years, and I'm bilingual. gonna spend my days in comfy trackpants as gym teacher

Attached: 79D13813-E1B8-472E-8143-9D7D828566C8-1240-000001B1BDD51DC2.jpg (1930x3000, 936K)

>For a lot of people, this isn't ideal.
Why? Only the strongest should survive, right? :^)

Manual labor sucks, but office jobs make you soft and lame.

Attached: F2749380-8ECA-42E0-9086-B9271227C568.png (644x800, 15K)

>Tfw college is free and you can get a STEM degree without paying a single cent while burgers become debt slaves over worthless degrees like Art

enjoy your sleepless nights and stress

fuck no, in the US you gotta take out a loan 3-4x the cost of you mortgage and you're basically gambling at that point unless if you really know what you're doing, plus it depends on what trade you're doing. If you're in tool & die like I was, the industry could crash again and you will lose everything. It's better to just work for someone.

I want to make 100,000 a year by the age of 30 so I can build a house in the wild and retire.

>Make $30 an hour busting your ass in dangerous work conditions
>Will lose your job if you break a leg, an arm, injure yourself, etc.
>Have to retire at old age because your old frail body can't handle it
versus
>Make $50 an hour sitting at a desk all day
>Get pity doughnuts and coffee if I break a leg and come into work
>Can literally work until I get alzheimer's or something else seriously debilitating
I think I'll stick with getting my degree.

Attached: 1524697398620.png (388x400, 258K)

That’s right fellow goy, go find yourself a trade job and leave all those nasty stem degrees for Asians and Jews

Attached: F642662F-2346-4BFD-AA4E-08EDB8FF29A7.jpg (514x585, 170K)

Yeah, because working like an actual nigger is survival of the fittest.. there's a reason a lot of these dudes are drug addicts and alcoholics. Like someone said, you're better off working in an office for 2x the pay and 100% less work.

>gotta take out a loan 3-4x the cost of a mortgage
This is a meme. If your loans don't size up to a small fraction of a mortgage, you're doing it wrong.

t. graduated with

>this cuck has never worked an alpha sales job

I worked on wall street for 2 years it was everything but soft and lame.

Well I guess jews won't let an average Joe to rise to their level that easily. I understand why you picked up that nazi flag now. But still, if you make steady money from it you can still be rich when you are 35 and save a lot for future for your kids or you can retire early and travel the world.

It depends on what you make of it, I work in IT, and you have to really develop a hard shell if you want to survive. Most of my day is spent telling stupid people that they're fucking wrong.

Going to college for anything in the social sciences that doesn't have solid scientific background is a meme. If your bachelor doesn't include a decent amount of math and statistics and you're in any social or humanities department, then it is shit.

It's not that hard to bounce back from, just learn a trade and learn it well.

The problem with college fucks is that they don't want to get their hands dirty and get a cushy job.

Is money your god? It's not my god. I'm content to make less if it means doing something meaningful. To me, carrying the torch of Western civilization via education is meaningful. Being hired muscle is not. And you have to take into consideration that the world being built today isn't being built for you. Do you think Bezos will shed a single tear for his former employees as the robots inevitably replace them? Doubtful.

Here in Italy without a high paying college job (engineering, medicine...) you're pretty much dead
Living a normal life with a high school diploma is almost science fiction. Even schools that teach "trades" in some parts of italy are hopeless lmao

Perhaps, but it's easy to run through your cheque. With a mortgage, a family, bills (car, phone, utilities) and other expenses, it's gonna take awhile. You can live a semi-comfortable life for sure, but you won't be rich by a long shot. With inflation in consideration, you're not making out the same as grandpa did back in the day.

I agree 100%. Learn something you're passionate about, trades are dead ends boys. If you're in STEM and learning some actually meaningful shit, you're solid in this anons books.

Stem

>Most of my day is spent telling stupid people that they're fucking wrong.
Gibs me dat job

Remember to bend with your knees :^)

>someday they'll make as much as me

These threads are always full of tradies who despite their claims of making big bucks always seem salty like this guy

>50,000
>a lot of money

Hahahahaha

>LITTERALLY WILL GET dvt AND DIABETTIES
AND AND HEART CONDITION
learn to alpha, you cuck beta
oh, and all the female HR , hahaha

I'm training to be a cop. Stay out of trouble, nerds.

lets be real, your average 'tradie' is gonna make 30-35 bucks an hour and thats after years of experience. With the life sucking hours you put in, and in todays economy that's gonna get you dick shit. If you live on ur own you can live pretty well, but to pretend you're accomplishing anywhere near somebody who has a higher education is just lying to yourself

I already have a J ticket(red seal) in Welding and I'm currently duel ticketing as an apprentice as a landscape horticulturist.

OBSESSED

What about Stem?

1. there is simply too much information we must know to possible teach it in a classroom.
2. computers and the internet allow people to remember an infinite amount of information, and learn how to do an infinite number of tasks, or learn an infinite number of skills. Learning a skill is a google search away.

Our entire economy is propped up by loans from bluepilled dipshits and wars for the petrodollar

Attached: 1524534754010.png (275x266, 76K)

In my country, university is free, you get in only through strict exams, my school did not have the slightest hint of SJW bullshit and it helped me get a very good job with very good social standing and without getting into debt.
That's why.

Because I'm one of the maybe 40% of current college students that actually belongs there. Thank god I graduate in a month though, it's been fucking awful. Can't wait to finally be done with school. Got a job lined up and everything.

Got a buddy who went the trade route, he's doing great. Much better than the people I know who went to college without knowing why they were there.

I got paid to attend college, it was just a part time job on top of the full time job I already had. I can't say I learned all that much except for how my 30-something hot blonde algebra teacher's ass smelled.
Kind of musty.

Attached: 1524756326474.gif (480x366, 1.26M)

lol listen to this softboy

>demoshit

What's your angle here, commie?

Attached: surface plates.jpg (3072x1728, 1.27M)

twice that and you could buy a Mazak horizontal that a skilled operator could earn a million with in a few years.

It's more than twice what my sister is making with a "media studies" degree.

No one is claiming welding will make you rich, but it is definitely a smarter move than spending four years of time and tuition on a worthless degree.

you can. Just start a sole proprietorship and it's done.

My family is rich so who cares

>It's better to just work for someone.
spoken like a true cuck

I did
Over 170,000 in loans and the treasury department wants me to pay it back all at once
Never got my degree and the ones that did struggle
It could be worse the homeless only live about 5 years then die off
30% percent population in 2008
That means there is not enough people to fight a war
Or
Recover from a rescission
That mean us government is going to put the laws and tax on trade people slowing the economy then a backdoor draft to fight a world war
Is the USA like the Nazi whit Jewish top generals ?

I didn't. I'm a self taught controls engineer and electrical engineer.
Went and learned Proficy, RA, Ignition and Siemens Apogee. I can literally cherry pick jobs all over the country, but I've never had go more than a 1-hour-drive to stay busy.

I make my own hours (until deployment day) and I get to watch monstrous machinery like 40MPG pumps roar into life with my control code coursing through its' mechanical veins.

Chances are if you live on the East coast or anywhere east of Illinois really, I've had a hand in the control processes for your drinking water.

Lol when Flint, MI had me put in a proposal but turned me down because I cost too much. Bet they wish they had chosen differently.

I wouldn't like to have a surgery performed from a doctor that only knows how to google.
School is supposed to develop a core of knowledge and abilities.
Many students repeat this internet mantra, or why do I need to learn math if I have a cellphone. And this mantra hasn't been properly dissected to separate the lies from truths.

What about hospitality industry program? Culinary? Worthless too?

I made 60k out of college and I make 132k a year now. I get to the office around 10-11 and go home around 5 everyday. I can also take days off whenever I want. That’s better than being a manual labor slave.

It's dangerous, hard, exhausting and nobody respects those kind of jobs. Meanwhile, you spend a few years in college and then earn 3 times as much doing jack shit.

Construction management master race reporting in. The downside is there is a small amount of HR nonsense. The last company I worked for had 'sensitivity training' but none of the foreman/superintendents took it seriously.

>I worked on wall street for 2 years it was everything but soft and lame.
Yeah, getting all those QE bucks thrown at you must have been hard.

I thought people neglecting that kind of jobs was a good thing because the scarcity rises wages up.

>lame
I don't think you understand the irony of your use of this word here

how do I get into this?
I did building controls (lighting) and know some programming, rails, react.

Are any of those part of a social sciences department?
Many colleges degrees shouldn't be so. The tuition is a scam in most cases.

>The last company I worked for had 'sensitivity training' but none of the foreman/superintendents took it seriously.
One of the best things about working in a trade job with men, a lot less bullshit and 'sensitivity training' just means a few hours of rest and some giggles.

And the fact that you learn to do shit yourself and learn a lot of other tradies that can do stuff for you at buddy prices in return for you doing stuff for them.

And not working in an office where 17 women all have their period synchronized to go of at the same time.

>implying liberal arts degrees can get jobs that pay $50k
My ex did poli-sci and had to get a master's in order to get one of the best jobs in her class but still only made $45k salary lmao

$50,000 a year is a decent income for the average amerilard? how the mighty have fallen

>whole thread larping about making 100k a year
>the national average is 40k
This is the most pathetic thread I have seen in a while.

She sounds dreamy

No, but the electives typically are. The course I'm in is mostly management, accounting, hotel operations, tourism geography, stuff like that.

>his dad didn’t hire him for the family business
plebs

I actually had that idea.
I saw how many short "Courses" on trades and technical jobs there were to study. Told many friends that couldn't get in college to do those, none listened tho.
Then here I am, 5 years later, could not finish 1st year of any career I started, had suicidal attempts in 2015.
Hopefully I got to now this shithole and got straight for the first time in my life.
Currently waiting for one of those courses to start, gonna finish and get a job. Then pay for more courses and in other areas.
Maybe then I will complete College.

Attached: 1485111666273.jpg (717x960, 70K)

>I did building controls (lighting) and know some programming, rails, react.
You're halfway there.
Getting into the industry is usually pure chance or knowing someone. Go for the smaller controls jobs, like for example I started with wastewater systems by doing remote pump/wetwell stations. They usually consisted of one pump, one redundant pump, a control panel and some kind of radio comm back to the main plant. I basically wrote code that triggered the pump when the LOE sensor tripped.

These kinds of "small potatoes" jobs will let you get established in the field as someone who knows what they're doing. Before I knew it I was doing controls for natural gas generators which pull from the digestion sub-process.

Getting in with a public entity/municipality is tough, because they have very large budgets and are always launching several new projects every year so every controls engineer wants a shot at milking that engorged tax-funded teet.

Multi-platform fluency is important too. The big names are Rockwell, GE (Proficy), Siemens, Wonderware and Ignition. Those are the ones I'd get familiar with.

I dropped out of post secondary after three years into getting a degree in Education. Ever bothering with university is one of, if not the biggest regret of my life. Post secondary institutions are nothing more than businesses. They have no interest in anything but making as much money as possible, they don't believe in you and have no literally zero interest in your future unless it's profitable for them.

I'm now an equipment operator with a large construction firm here in Canada. I made as much as I would have teaching after a decade in my first year. I've got friends drowning in debt struggling to make ends meet. They work their office jobs tied to computer screens doing work that is hardly related to their degrees.

Unhappy and unfulfilled would be perfect descriptors of their lives. If you've ever had doubt about living a blue collar life just remember you've likely been misled. Shadow a journeyman or grab a labourers helper job and see what you're missing out on.

Work smarter not harder

All the unions in my area (west TX) closed their books to new apprentices. the local IBEW doesnt want or need any more new apprentices ( they have a waitlist now). They also control hiring and jobsites for the nearby tri state area of NM, west TX, and I think either parts of OK or AZ.

But hey at least everyone else besides me is successful.

>Shadow a journeyman or grab a labourers helper job and see what you're missing out on.
I would if I could. My friend who is a paid apprentice is unironically telling me to do an unpaid "pre-apprenticeship" where i do all the work and get no pay but i get "experience" after doing 2-3 years of free unpaid labor.

>the entire meaning of life is making lots of money so you can be comfortable
career threads on Jow Forums are pure cancer

My favorite are the "haha fuck you i made it and you didnt why cant you just be exactly like me brah" posters

Having a different view point is wrong now?

If i was not in cs I would go to trades.

I still sometimes feel sorry I planned the civil engineering but I am rly bad at drawing.

Work on building site seems so much fun, its dynamic and manly.

>going to spend the rest of his life trying to instill fitness into Pablo and Jose, while barely making enough to eat

>Why havnt you stopped what your doing and get into a trade now
Two reasons:

1. I don't want to work nearly as much as craftsmen do. Why should I work 45-50 hrs a week when I can earn the same money in 35 hours as an engineer?

2. the high-paying trade jobs (welders, oilrig mechanics) have almost no application to life, while those that do (carpenters, blacksmith) are payed very little. On the other hand, I have both the abilities and the legal qualification (at least in germany) to do virtually everything on my car and everything other than the water and electricity meters on a house due to being a engineer (Dipl. Ing. MV, not sure if the same is true for the bachelors), which with current prices would save me around 200k on an average house.

Also, here in germany, having a Dr. or Dipl.Ing. in your ID during a police control is about as useful as being white in the US. Even if they check every other car for drugs and weapons (which they often do around here due to antifa activities), I can pass through with no trouble.

That's probably not the route I'd suggest, your friend is a bit of an idiot. Unless a company or ticket holder is willing to take you as an apprentice don't bother.

Where I live getting a helpers job is as easy as going to the shops in town and talking to whoever is in charge. They hire almost anyone with the ambition to not e-mail or text a resume with generic cover letter like a sòybòy.

They fear being automated out of a job

You didnt see my other post where I said I live in west Texas. There's no "helper jobs" available with the surplus of apprentices and illegals. It might sound like I'm making excuses but that's just the situation in my area. I've had people on Jow Forums unironically suggest I should work for illegal-tier wages (or for free) and just live out of my car.

I fell for the college meme, kind of. Its all paid for with the GI bill, so I am getting paid to go to college, but somedays I wish I just went with a trade. A nice trade that won't fuck up my back in 10 years would be nice, but I'll be fine once I graduate in one semester.

>Medical-related degrees are a meme because they aren't have the maths and stats.

>Doctors learn pharmacology reading Plato.

>Wow scared of al ittle hard work, cuck? Yeah, my back is on fire all the time and I have a debilitating opiate addiction, but I am doing MANLY shit, I am out in the elements building the infrastructure of this great nation, while you basedboy cucks toil away on your computers in your offices!

Funny you should bring that up. One of my aforementioned friends spends his days writing computer code; code that is slowly making his colleagues redundant.

Blue and white collar alike are susceptible to automation. Unfortunately user, your shit does stink. Sorry you were led to believe otherwise.