What does Jow Forums think about national parks and public lands in general?

>be me

>national park ranger
>loves job
>loves having Trump as my boss (praise kek)
>loves our land but not am not a enviromentalist nutjob
>works with tons of libs and fags

Curious what y'all think.

Ask me anything and I will not lie.

Attached: america_the_beautiful.jpg (2048x1365, 848K)

Other urls found in this thread:

perc.org/category/public-lands/
perc.org/2018/03/14/national-parks-underfunded-overhauling-fees-will-help/
perc.org/2018/04/17/deferred-maintenance-and-operational-needs-of-the-national-park-service/
perc.org/2016/02/16/breaking-the-backlog-2/
kpbs.org/news/2011/may/13/calif-proposes-close-70-state-parks-2/
perc.org/2015/09/08/franchising-parks/
usajobs.gov/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you have to put up with lots of illegals and homeless asswipes living in the park and leaving shit all over the place?

I love the idea of the national park system and think it should be expanded

No thankfully, although my location does get tons of mexicans and pajeets.

Mexicans are the worst in the campground and it's hilarious to watch all the lib rangers try to dance around the fact that they throw trash everywhere.

How difficult is it to get a job as a Park Ranger? American citizen, graduated college, no criminal record, full time employment for the past 20 years.
Do you get to pick which park/s you work in? Which state? What are the compensation and benefits like? What are your typical hours? Vacation time?

Can you tell us what park, or even just the general part of the country you're stationed in?

National Parks are the most beautiful parts of this country, I hope to hike them all one day. Was looking into working in the NPS if med school didn't pan out. Would you recommend it?

I grew up in one of the most libtard counties of the most libtard states, but people meant well. (It's almost like non-city libs are usually tolerable)

Would love to but just saying that I'm a ranger and that I have an opinion might be a technically a violation of The Hatch Act.

So....call me Ranger user for now.

Attached: ranger_pol.jpg (2268x4032, 2.19M)

It's actually pretty easy to get a job with the NPS, but just don't expect to get anything other than seasonal work for the first couple of years.

It took me nearly 8 years of working seasonally before I got a permanent position and even with my degree.

The benefits are actually...and I'm not going to lie...fantastic. Healthcare, pension, and the TSP which is like a 401k. But the pay is shit. I'm making roughly $16 per/hr.

You definitely get to pick the park you apply to but don't expect to always get the one you want off the bat. Usually you apply everywhere and just hope to end up at a good one.

Fair enough. I love the national park system and wish it would be funded way more than it is. Whites deserve pristine natural environments to enjoy protected from Jew developers. It's a shame you can't slay any muds that taint the white man's sacred earth with their goblin critter feets.

You lads don't get paid very well though. Better to go the 1811 track I think. Start off as a 7/9 with ICE and work your way up to a 13. Pretty sure rangers never get anywhere close to that.

Thanks for the reply. By seasonal work you mean spring + summer? I'm a Califaggot so so winters are relatively mild excepting the Sierra Nevadas.

Indeed. I feel more American that most Americans. I truly have an intimate love for this country that few have the opportunity to gain.

In terms of visitation, our visitors are primarily white. The high muky-muks are always bitching about the "lack of muh-diversity" in our visitors.

What the fuck kind of American writes their dates like that?

You spy!

You might be right. A good buddy of mine went to Border Patrol for more action and the better pay.

I'm currently a GS-5, but will be 6 next year.

Haha. Yeah no man, I fucked it up while I was writing it and had that same thought.

Thats a nice fort magazine or shipyard, NOT!
I'll build a house there, if I feel like it.

i wouldnt want to end up like the UK where nearly all of its natural habitats are gone. it would be nice if we can keep these parks intact and not encroach any further into nature.

we shouldnlt look to those dumbfucks in South America as an example as they bulldoze the Amazon.

Jesus. How do you even afford internet for Jow Forums? :(

Do you ever get groids who yell things like "OH LAWDY DAT A SNAKE" or "OH LAWDY DAT A BEAR"? Do they ever ask for free gibs because they ancestors was slaves and sheeeit? Like "NIGGA LEMME HAVE DAT TREE FO REPARASHUNS"

I think the national parks are a national treasure and a great idea both for conservation and recreation.

Question: are national parks best off being national? Our state park system is excellently managed and maintained, so I wonder if federal leadership is the best

Funny story about the Brits.

One day I had a couple of them looking for camping so I suggested some BLM land outside the park. Encouraged them to use the map carefully and when asked why I told them otherwise they'd end up shot by some homesteaders. They couldn't believe me since apparently in the UK you can just walk through private property by law. I assured them that would get them filled with holes around here.

why do you work with libs and faggs? Do they actually do something?

do you poach and/or tip off poachers?

You want to be evaluated against libs and fags. That's why being a federal employee is so great. If you do ANYTHING correctly/on time, you'll be one of the top performers.

Plow everything with bulldozers, this planet needs to be covered completely with concrete by 2250 and turned in to a huge factory.

Some states do a great job, some don't. Take OK and CO.

CO state parks are all entirely self funded, beautifully and efficiently managed.

OK (from what I've heard from guys I know) is a complete shit show with rampant nepotism. So...meh.

It's a tough call, and even though the NPS has issues (believe me they do) I still think we do a pretty damn good job of keeping shit together.

do you guys think youre becoming increasingly territorial with the increase in population/tourists?

do you approve of increasing development in the parks to draw more tourists and revenue?

A couple of the fags are pretty good in the education dept. and thankfully they don't go off about how they love to fuck boys or whatever.

The libs are irritating as shit. It's like they just think everyone has the same opinion. I just laugh inside while they freak out about every news item on Trump.

No, fren :(

Attached: Hitler2.png (356x220, 175K)

Don't really see the point in poaching. There's TONS of land other than the park for good hunting. I have mountains nearby that the Forrest Service runs with Turkey, Deer, Goats, Duck, Geese, you name it. Parks are so small in comparison and you run the risk of shooting a hiker on accident.

you're doing the lord's work sir

keep it up. fuck the hippy libs but whatever

>If you do ANYTHING correctly/on time, you'll be one of the top performers.
Fucking kek. I'm training to join as a sheriff trainee, so it is good to know.
I've met plenty of libs (CA user here), but they always get their mind fucked when I tell them that Mexico was Fascist for 40 years, it's also my way for redpilling spics

Attached: commiefornia.jpg (2000x1333, 460K)

Honest answer. A little bit yes. We are in full blow panic mode with the exponential growth we're experiencing and honestly I have not fucking idea how to handle it all.

We're understaffed (below 1980s hiring levels currently) with a maintenance backlog in the hundreds of billions of dollars. Parks entrance fees help a bit, but not as much as you'd think.

Shit is expensive: search and rescue crews and gear, thousands of miles of roads, snow plows, vehicles, entrance staff, etc.

Attached: image_preview.jpg (400x266, 27K)

I'm jealous.
Must be nice to be able to breathe nice clean air every day.

Thanks man. Seriously feels good to hear that.

CA is beautiful, but indeed fucked royally. I don't think I'd ever want to live there as beautiful as some of the parks are.

Are you familiar with the Property and Environmental Research Center (PERC)? They have done a lot of work on finding ways to give park managers more local control to help solve the maintenance backlog.

perc.org/category/public-lands/
>perc.org/category/public-lands/

Attached: based PERC.png (2400x1600, 2.99M)

Thank you for your service

Have you been to Yosemite?

Another CA user, yea. It's kinda sad we gave up such beautiful land to the degenerates that rule this state now.

You guys do a great job in general. I've done some back country hikes and always was given proper, honest, blunt advice and generally pleasant demeanor.

Don't ruin your system like Canada did the other year by letting in literally everyone for free for an entire year. It ruins it for literally everyone but those exploiting the gibs/Chinks.

I like the parks. I don't like how rei, patagonia, and all these other faggot outdoor rec places try to turn every last piece of land 5 miles off interstate highways into the untouchable backyards of cunt drips from the city.

The buttfucks at keen footwear were trying hardtops do that out in the malheur canyonlands in Oregon; get it approved as a monument so no one could touch it. Once upon a time logging and ranching provided a good living for people in that area, but every year they sink further into poverty no thanks to a state and federal government that could care less. Its the same in every rural town in Oregon.

I look forward to the day services in this state are so cut down that the highways become lawless and murdering and kidnapping those better off passing through becomes a good revenue getter in lieu of jobs.....

But anyway, yeah, the parks are an overall good thing

Sell it all to the highest bidder.

What do you think about raising park entry fees and giving local park managers more freedom to raise and spend funds? I think they tried to do that but the libs started complaining and they rolled the proposed increase back to a level where it won't really solve the problem.

perc.org/2018/03/14/national-parks-underfunded-overhauling-fees-will-help/

perc.org/2018/04/17/deferred-maintenance-and-operational-needs-of-the-national-park-service/

perc.org/2016/02/16/breaking-the-backlog-2/

Attached: Appropriations-to-National-Park-Maintenance-e1524172100481.png (1311x863, 74K)

Politicians keep creating new parks but won't adequately maintain the ones we have

Attached: Park-United-and-Deferred-Maintenance-e1524172153387.png (677x489, 48K)

gtfo ancap we don't need your bullshit here

Yep. Spent quite a few weeks worth of backpacking there. Absolutely one of my favorite place in the US. Out there in the quiet you can forget how screwed up everything is.

That park actually inspired me to become a ranger.

Fuck REI and the "glamping" industry in general.

So why is Yogi hanging around with chid Boo Boo?

No, but I'll look into it. Part of my goal is to be a sort of inside guy and try to fix things in a more rational manner. There's just too much touchy feeley bullshit atm.

Indeed, but we'll take it back

I think they are good.

Attached: 1507324949065.jpg (2000x1595, 3.01M)

Attached: ....jpg (300x300, 20K)

Jesus yes. I had a guy I worked with that used to joke that they'd eventually make a "Big Fucking Giant Ball of Yarn National Park" if they could.

They just love attaching their name to something that sounds noble...Fuckers.

Fuck, forgot pic

Attached: looking down yosemite valley california (2).jpg (6725x4469, 3.8M)

yup. Keep up the good work.

Attached: NPS Deferred Maintenance Backlog_0.png (805x1545, 75K)

Wow. I thought it was worse. 12 Billion doesn't seem so bad in relation.

>the absolute state of national parks

>mfw Donald Trump leaves state parks up to the states
>budget problems solved

Attached: 1524776793435.jpg (411x467, 44K)

Right? What could go wrong?

kpbs.org/news/2011/may/13/calif-proposes-close-70-state-parks-2/

making good first impressions about our gun culture i see

wew the redpill of that post tho
Seems like privatizing will be the only solution

Attached: AnCappy.jpg (545x400, 81K)

I understand how some people hate it but the back of my 20acre property is the 922,000 acres of mountains and old growth forest. So to all anti park fags, I don't give a shit. I love it.

Euros in general are very nice, but pathetically ignorant and shockingly cucked. I was pretty tired that day otherwise I'd maybe offered to take them out shooting after work.

I just realised why she's so fucked looking, her neck is 4 feet long

>fucked looking
fuck off, leave ded waifu alone

Attached: IMG_3560.gif (360x360, 2.55M)

you could just franchise them :D

perc.org/2015/09/08/franchising-parks/

Attached: cr-canyon.jpg (640x428, 272K)

We need to go back to old school national parks. Grand Canyon is turning into Disney Land. As for public land, the BLM can eat a bag of rotten dicks.

Seems like a pretty comfy and awesome gig. Except if there’s not enough chicks around. Would be nice to get paid to be in nature all day.

I generally enjoy them, however, the massive crowds do sometimes cheapen or even ruin the experience. most asians and especially beaners should be banned from visiting, the latter seem to treat everything like an amusement park. absolutely no reverence for nature or respect of the commons. I don't even know why they visit. the euro tourists are usually fine though...the vast majority are french in my experience, curious as to why. also, maintenance levels in nat'l parks are pretty piss poor. in my experience state parks are much cleaner, better functioning, and are far more enjoyable to camp at.

Attached: national-parks-and-lakes-40605831-1484062788-ImageGalleryLightboxLarge.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

are you guys as worthless as the Forest Service?
t. Oregon

BLM really depends on where you are. Some units are run well and treat the public with the respect they deserve. Others...total petty dick-tatters.

Oh I do alright in the pussy dept. Average about 5 cute gals a year generally speaking, and I'm pretty damn picky.

And yes, to the "save the white race" crowd: Look I get some where I can and summer is like an endless co-ed summer camp...it's amazing.

Really though I would prefer to raise a family and start taking my sons backpacking and hunting. A man can dream if nothing else these days.

Glad to see some love our beautiful country on this board. One of the best things about America is the land and our park system. That's probably my biggest gripe with trump is, at least as portrayed in the media, the way he has handled the EPA. I also sort of wish the natives one the fight over the keystone pipeline, even if just for symbolic reasons. It seems like the jews always find a way to make more shekels. If we can slow down immigration and stabilize population growth, an occasional pipleline won't kill us. The damage from the fracking were going to get if we do another jew war in Iran, which is looking likely, will be far worse than keystone or the one they finally got up in anwar that they hid in the tax bill.

Keep America Great!

Attached: VCW_D_Yosemite_Hero_20140503_Yosemite_hero_1280x642_1.jpg (1280x640, 79K)

Some of us are total shitbirds, but most, and even the libs and fags, are respectful of the public. I've never had co-workers that work so hard for so little with so little. I'm honestly amazed at the some of the shit we pull off with our resources. In a sense, I take pride from that fact: keeping us poor (in govt budget terms) has made us strong and healthy as an organization. Someone always has a solution when shit hits the fan and there's some person's life hanging in the balance.

Forrest Service...dear good those guys are pathetic and I can even say that having a father that briefly was a FS ranger in college. Can't blame them too much though, they usually have much more are to manage, whereas parks are relatively smaller.

So what's the most hidden gym, underrated park/wilderness area?

That question is one that I'm always hesistant to answer for the reason a lot of guys here are saying.

Once a special gem is "on the map" it becomes overrun by morons trying to take Instagram pictures.

But that said:

Our historical sites. Revolutionary War Battlefields, Civil War BFs, homes of famous men like John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington, old Minuteman Missile sites, NASA launch pads, etc.

The American public is so grotesquely unaware of their great heritage and history it makes my blood boil. Even going to a 1/10th of the historical sites managed by the NPS would make most people immediately decide we should revolt and reform our govt back to it's limits first set out in the Constitution.

Ignorance of your past is a sin.

Attached: virginia-yorktown-battlefield-P.jpg (1038x539, 561K)

>Have you always worked in the same park or region? If not, have you had to work in vastly different climates/ecosystems?
>Are you in the dessert, mountains, plains, or innawoods?
>Do you carry a weapon? If it's not a 10mm, why isn't it?
>If you could work in any park (or climate/ecosystem) which would it be?
>Do you rent or own property? Is your residence in the middle of nowhere, or in/near town/city?

I'm in MO, and I visit local/state/fed parks at least three times a week. We do a great job here, as well as in Arkansas. Also, fuck off we're full.

What is glamping? I always thought of rei as a benign corporation, just making decent outdoors gear. Are they doing something Jewish?

National Parks are the single greatest thing we have ever done as a country. If we're not preserving places like Yosemite for future generations then what the fuck is the point of civilization?
Also natural Parks are one of the few places that whites can go where almost no minorities will bother them

Attached: whyareourparkssowhite.png (678x844, 693K)

>kpbs.org/news/2011/may/13/calif-proposes-close-70-state-parks-2/

I don't see right wing oriented states letting parks close in favor of budgeting for homeless shanty towns in cities.

>right wing oriented states
you let me know when and where.
t. MO

"Also, fuck off we're full."

Wow, you really are a parkie aren't you now? HAHA.

I've worked in coastal areas, mountains, deserts, snow, rain, shine, etc. Just about everything. Sorry though, I don't want to give away too much. Being a Fed and having certain opinions can be a bitch.

I'm not commissioned, so no pew pew unfortunately although with the crazy shit going on these days I keep my person 9mm in my car glovebox.

If I could work anywhere? Tough choice, but possibly Alaska. I need to get a detail up there and give it shot before I decide.

Glamping is this stupid pathetic thing hipsters and rich liberals do where they "go outdoors" but with "style." Essentially, they take the whole idea of being in the wilderness and throw it out to be comfortable with ridiculously expensive equipment they use once. I fucking hate REI hipsters. These are the kind of people who end up getting their worthless asses saved after thinking some cool gear would have them all safe in the outdoors.

Attached: EN-008b-Glamping.jpg (630x408, 62K)

Those people are half the reason to own firearms.

If things ever do turn to shit, can you imagine the hordes of worthless hipsters trying to steal food and supplies to stay alive. For every 1 person with some survival skills, there's about 100,000 of them.

>Wow, you really are a parkie aren't you now?
Ha, I am not. Keep doing a good job, we need more like you. What are they doing to recruit? Are they trying to (((diversify))), and does it reflect in recruitment?

You ain't kiddin. One night I got pretty drunk with some of the LEOs in the park. While we were laughing and shooting the shit we started talking about societal collapse. In my stupor I dragged out my Level IV chest plate carrier and my AR which they all immediately got a hard on for.

>Holy shit Ranger user! Those are some awesome toys! That stuff is way better than the crap they issue us!

I didn't have the heart to tell them that was the whole point.

Yeah, although I'm not sure how they go about it because most interviews for work happen over the phone. Funny thing is, my name sounds Hispanic (we're actually south-western euro originally). When I showed up on my first day I was told

>"Oh, you're not quite what we expected...

Hey, man if you've got the passion and you're posting on Jow Forums then I'd encourage you to sign up.

usajobs.gov/

I love natural parks. I'm also not a nutty treehugger. I just like canoeing, hiking, camping n sheeeit.

I'm a huge /out/ nut, grew up in rural America and all that.

I fucking love having protected lands, it's a great idea. We should maybe have more

I'm heading out to Theodore roosevelt national park soon for some camping. Really stoked to see it, I love bandlands

Envy life dude.

Attached: 013.jpg (657x527, 49K)

The corporations want to clearcut, mine, and drill
that land, and they won't rest until it is all clearcut,
mined, and drilled. This is the future.

Conservationism is the rational man's version of environmentalism. Your literally doing gods work in one of the only truly deserving sections of government besides the military and border security.

>public lands
That's all of Finland excluding courtyards and military sites. National parks are overrated, the best nature can be experienced outside those, plus there are less people.

Quetico Provincial Park and Superior National Forest. Cape this post. Gold flashes on the horizon. North of last week's oil refinery explosion. Cap this post.

If you saw someone trying to start a wildfire or event that would otherwise completely destroy the land and you KNEW that there would be 0 chance of you getting caught, would you let nature claim him?
Yes I'm being serious.