Fish

Did YOU see Avengers?
How does this make sense?
I grew up as one of the few kids in Jr. High that actually liked Marvel comics, and apparently now Star Wars/Marvel have broken records held since the 90's.
Is there some huge upsurge in movie tickets sales in recent years?
Or are they just crazy expensive?
Or does Disney own so much of the movie industry now, they never have any competition?

How are these movies so popular, when everyone I talked to had no interest in seeing it?
>Yeah, Marvel. Meh.

Attached: fishy.png (814x408, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XKhL_F-s97g
youtu.be/vwrmz2OQPZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

idk i just use moviepass. i see all the movies i want and it only costs me 10/month

its because everyone thinks they're unique and being into these things makes them a "nerd" which is whats "in" and (((they))) know it, and exploit the shit out of the retarded faggot masses. theyll make much more of merchandise over the next god-knows how many years. manchild epidemic

I don't remember that many people like this shit in the 90's, it was few and far between.
Now it seems like everyone pretends to love this shit. I actually remember half these story lines when they came out, and they just butcher the shit out of them

In all honestly, that stupid "I'll show you my penis" Hillary Clinton ad from all those celebs killed the whole thing for me.

I like they sneak Canada into those domestic numbers

its kind of the same way the music industry works. the majority of people in the world really have no depth and need to basically be told how to think, what to watch, what to listen to, and what they're supposed to pretend to be. i used to not want to give in to such a cynical view, but the masses really are that stupid and impressionable. people really need to be told how to live. and invariably, in the end, they think its all of their own volition

This. I believe being a “nerd” is unironically becoming the new cool thing. It’s why I believe Dungeons & Dragons has also had s recent upsurge.

It's weird, because everyone knows they don't even play it. They'll just buy the boxes, put it on their shelf for their basedface youtube videos and never touch it again.

Being hyped about dumb shit is more popular than the dumb shit itself. Vidya is the worst example. They hype the shit out of it, everyone buys it, plays it for a week, and they are off hyping the next vidya.
People just piss money away on every game that comes out, even if they are all buggy shitty games.

>new
It's been like that for over a fucking decade Copernicus

Pisses me off since i used to get bullied and beaten up for liking comics.

They buy blocks of their own tickets.

Basically, Hollywood has shifted from a model where they mass produce movies, into one where the concentrate all their money and advertising into a single blockbuster.

Hollywood is basically dying out in terms of holding the attention of a mass audience, it's now become more like a cultural event where people all travel to the movies once or twice a year to see the big-budget capeshit special

This is an industry in it's death throes

>Makes a Venom movie without Spider-Man, ignores that Venom got it's powers from Spider-Man in the first place.
>No one notices.

this

My local theater is a ghost town until the next Marvel film comes out. 90% of movies are rehashed shit. The reason there are so many cape movies now is because Hollyweird is completely out of ideas and comics are a well of stories.

it first became sort of "hipster fringe" which is still total faggotry but now it's spread so much that your entire suburban upper middle class family from parents to infants are wearing captain america shirts and onesies. and lets not get into how the image of wearing a punisher shirt has turned into something completely new

I may be wrong about this but did that sort of start with Avatar? My buddy and I went to see it just for shits when it came out and that was the first time we saw a packed crowd of liberals nodding their heads in approval at what amounted to an endless string of virtue signaling. As I recall, this was the height of Obama fever. Now, we have people waking up to the JQ in masses and it does seem like ((Hollywood)) is in its death throes. Maybe it has to do with the boomers finally aging into irrelevance? What a fucking time to be alive.

A fucking decade newfag.

Attached: download.jpg (272x185, 17K)

Escapism.

I read about this years ago, they've been planning this as a strategy for a while

Instead of mass producing lots of mid-budget and low-budget movies, they concentrate everything into a few super high budget movies.
The problem is, if just one of those movies flops, you could be totally fucked

Damn I did not know there is a venom movie coming out with Tom Hardy until I read your comment.

>if just one of those movies flops, you could be totally fucked

Episode IX Star Wars, screencap this

calm the sperg you fag hole

what really happened to heath ledger

I download movies and watch them free.
Fuck those Disney Kikes.

He won an Oscar for the best death scene ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=XKhL_F-s97g

They're all so cheap and fake. All the green screen effects from this decade will look like crap in 20 years

It's because everything's shit and this clusterfuck of a movie is somehow kind of awesome. Even total garbage tlj had a huge opening.

Technically several marvel movies have set the opening weekend record just because tickets cost 20bucks now. Avengers 1 and the iron man sequels, which suck. They're just doing gay adjustments to act like NO THIS IS THE RECORD SETTER.

This one's gonna be fucking huge. It's big name, highly anticipated, and it's honestly top tier out of their 19fucking movies.

I hope there's some great memes in Venom

good. if you legit actually care enough about star wars to see it opening weekend or not matinee then you should probably pic related

Attached: railgunpepe.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

Sounds like they're basically trying to force the ticket sales they used to see back in the 90's and previous decades. For a while I read where we'd soon be moving to a market where big movies would basically go straight to streaming. Now it seems like they try to create half ass cultural phenomena out of shitty cartoon movies (CGI) with actors doing stuff around animated shit. I haven't been to the movies in a couple of years and I feel OK about it.

Would be funny if a large aspect of hollywood was money laundering

youtu.be/vwrmz2OQPZ8

Is this the pinnacle of being a bugman

Original Trilogy for me only. George wounded me with the video game quality prequels and Disney killed me with the Mary Sue Skywalker saga.

That ones gonna be so sad. They already gave away Spider-Man so they're doing a hail Mary Fan4stik play. They should be fired for considering it. It's like they're trying to pump and dump a developed Tom Hardy character because it'll get more money than just the rights from Disney. That's never happened. So unless it somehow tops deadpool, they're just shitting all over Venom fans for another decade.

Star Wars, or rather Disney Wars doesn't follow the original Canon, it's how (((they))) modified it with so many political views and jabs it's more so a fucking propaganda machine than anything else. It's not a Space Opera, it's a cut and paste sci-fi "GUYS ITS CURRENT YEAR!" movie.

They made it into a feminists, stronk womyn lovefest with pink haired "resistance" commanders, and the white evil guys always getting killed. A rundown?

>There we're no hispanics especially asians or arabs in the Star Wars Universe
>Galactic Empire was extremely racists, not in the terms of color, but I mean literal race and ye color. Most if not all the Empire was White, bar a few notable Chiss or alien mercenaries
>The Galactic Empire didn't "brainwash" you into joining, you ran through Basic Training either on core Imperial planets much like any Military here today
>The "mind control" aspect of waking up to the evil around you is just a tactic (((they))) use to think the left is some sort of neo-resistance against evil, the Empire never used mind control on it's ranks, thats pointless.
>Palpatine was actually right, the Republic was going to destroy itself, and he was preparing for Vong to attack (taking nearly 300 years to reach the core planets)
>Lucas wanted the Empire to also be something viewers could understand, now it's just a convenient plot enemy or advancement.

ALSO THE FUCKING DEATH STAR DOESN'T FIRE SLOWLY OR ONLY DESTROY PART OF A PLANET. ALSO FUCK ROGUE ONE THE FEMENIST PIECE OF SHIT, KYLE MOTHERFUCKING KATARN GOT THOSE PLANS AND DESTROYED THE DARK TROOPER PROJECT ALL IN ONE FELL SWOOP.

>inb4 basedboy, my vet Grandpa got me into Star Wars when I was 9, took me to see a re-run of episode 4 and 5 back to back, it also got me into firearms and history heavily, which lead to Indiana Jones, which lead to me just outright buying firearms and becoming a living meme prepper

Fuck this gay world, took Star Wars from me..

Yes hello autism.

No shit sherlock.

Why do you think movies like shark nado get 3 sequels.

Hollywood is full of very, very dirty money.

Someone should Eric & Dylan the fuck out of a punisher tee

Orig was great. Prequel was good because I grew up with them. This new shit? what in the flying fuck disney. Same with the marvel bullshit. Its all so manufactured and its easy to see (((they))'re not taking any risks when making a movie anymore. Its all been calculated. A deep moment here, comedic relief here, huge crescendo here, climax accompanied by swells of strings, etc

Guardians are the only Marvel flicks I liked. Wrote and directed by a midwest Catholic boy and not a kike. Doc Strange was ok considering it was a the cape version of Matrix/Inception.

people still go to theaters?

Attached: Cosby.png (519x551, 277K)

Only when I'm invited and I don't have to pay.

still... last time I went it was just a bunch of faggots eating and playing with their cell phones.

Attached: I_O_No.gif (400x400, 1.4M)

It's usually my brother and nephew inviting me to a cape movie. I don't always go. Maybe once or twice a year. Did go to see Infinity War. Thanos did nothing wrong.

I've seen it twice. First time because out of all the shit hollyjew likes shitting out, capeshit are the only ones that are at least entertaining. Second time was literally just watch normies reacting to what was happening on the screen. Debating whether or not to see it a third time in IMAX.

>I've seen it twice.
me too, once at the theater and again at home

>2018
>Capeshit still a thing
What the fuck

Based SLUH

I read the OP image as "Avengers: Infinity War Sex Bot Office Record." Am I spending too much time here looking at weeb shit?

I count the days until they release "The Wall Street Theory" with cool and quirky traders, and all the söyboys get the fuck out of nerd culture to enter business schools, followed by the WomeninTek who become WomeninFinance instead.

There was a disappointing lack of Nebula bondage.

Attached: 420428d9ea6819f14818f50daa671390.jpg (500x650, 62K)

>Thanos did nothing wrong.
cool reddit meme

Attached: ColinKapernick.jpg (400x620, 60K)

Hollywood pumps out nothing but shit so these movies have no competition

Theater attendance is doing worse and worse as time goes on but since these films have no competition, everyone who goes to the movies are seeing these

Mark my words, there will be a huge scandal when the tricks these kikes use to claim "record breaking box offices" are exposed. Black Panther was particularly brazen. This is why lolbertarians and radical centrists are dumb for spewing muh free market.

>sets box office record
Remember how this was true for the new Ghostbusters, or for The Last Jedi? Remember how it dropped off steeply after the first weekend? And how both films failed to make the money that was expected of them? Ghostbusters didn't even return the investment in the movie, and after The Last Jedi didn't even run for four weeks in many theaters, I bet Disney cursed themselves for investing over 4 billion into a company run by female SJWs.

Fuck Disney. They are turbo kike poison.

They used to be quality and fun entertainment. I keep asking myself what was their last movie that deserved to be called Disney, and I think it might have been Robin Hood, around 1973 or so. Saw it on TV once and it was pretty good.

People want heroes. They wish someone would do the right thing.

I haven't gone to see a pedowood movie in years. Don't give those degenerate kikes any money

Heads up, it's supposedly changing so you'll only be able to watch a movie once.

JEWS LAUNDER MONEY THROUGH MOVIE THREATRES

>How are these movies so popular,
They are popular because the people that love them have money and they can afford to take their family to enjoy it.

>Be me
>Have money
>Take myself and two others
>buy popcorn and drinks
>Still have money
>Go with friends
>buy more popcorn and drinks

Though I haven't been to the movies to watch other shit besides the super hero crap. I go to the dollar movies to see the other shit like Pacific Rim or go with family that is desperate for their bullcrap.

merchandising control - if they release everything into streaming, they won't know which toys to preproduce to sell...

I want to see it, but only because of Dr.Strange.

Attached: 9155714_f520.jpg (520x401, 47K)

>get all the infinity stones
>erase all jews but leave 1 so he can suffer

>I want to see it, but only because of Dr.Strange.
Only thing I hate is that they treat magic more like if you play some video game instead of just sticking with how its presented in the comics.

Any more and it might as well take a hint from Japan and its anime.

No, I don't watch trash movies.

And online gaming loot boxes.

Attached: 1514822730226.gif (460x258, 2.19M)

you idiot, he will rebuild the jewish race, even stronger and more chosen than before

it's possible that they lie about box office numbers, as in, the sales figures are artificially inflated by using various jewtricks. these box office sales per movie are not independently audited by some reputable accounting firm, right? so how do you know they are 100% accurate. take black panther for example. that movie apparently took in over $1 billion in ticket sales worldwide. that's extremely hard to believe, in my opinion. and it's not just because i'm racist. i also don't believe the recent avengers film could make so much in so little amount of time.

they can pump the numbers up to create fake hype. the jews are known to do this. the idea that they can directly control perception to shape reality is a core part of their belief.

my way of dealing with this is: who cares? some jews claim to have made $1 Billion on some faggot movie. that doesn't really affect me, whether it's true or false. and neither should you care about it.

also, keep this capeshit-tier crap in /tv/...unless you have an interesting political interpretation. box office is basically all they talk about.

Ok here is your (You)
Now please stop

I love d&d when I played 3.5 back with my friends in highschool about 6 years ago and it was a bunch of fun. I wish that people here weren’t as closed minded about it’s fun if you don’t take yourself so seriously but also don’t get gay about it

Its simple, the movies aren't being seen much so they are just lying to give the impression of movies having the cultural penetration they once had.

Its real quite rare to hear anyone talk about a movie now - even the niggers and spics I work with don't watch them much.

Have you been to a showing recently? The few I've been to recently have been mostly empty.

Also keep in mind, with video tech being what it is, it really doesnt cost much to produce these movies anymore.

It's very possible. Just look at Rotten Tomatoes. The critics' score there is always inflated. Critics get perks for writing good reviews, so they do it even if a movie is just meh or outright stinks. And the viewer's score is fake. You can see that very clearly with the reviews of The Last Jedi. True fans were pissed off and rated it as low as possible. Guess what, Rotten Tomatoes just disregards those reviews and only counts those with a high enough score. I mean the bad reviews are still there for everyone to read, the low points just don't enter into the calculation of the Popcorn Score or whatever it's called.

It's easy to do such shenannigans with finances to impress people who don't know about the business. So a movie cost 250 million and made a billion back? Guess what, of that billion 60% goes to the theatres, and they spend 150 million on marketing and advertising. So even though it initially sounds like they earned 400% of their investment, the film just barely broke even. I.e. did not make enough to pay back the bank loans plus interest.

I saw it cause my gf and I wanted to go out but it was raining sunday, therefore we went to the movies. It was alright, nothing surprising. We laughed openly at Dinkleberry, they knew what they were doing making him all big and swoll. He looked so sausaged and stiff, fucking midget