Why Americans don't use Metric System?

Why Americans don't use the Metric System?

Why do they use retarded Pounds and Gallons, Feet, Inches, Fahrenheit etc. which makes no standard sense?

Attached: imperial_vs__metric_by_nekit1234007-d5p0ou5.png (1097x1029, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gIWDVuHDpq0
us-metric.org/origin-of-the-metric-system/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nobody knows, not even myself, el goblino

americans do use it in science

They still long for the embrace of the imperial brittain. They are a colony after all.

Like this user said we do use it in science, but all of a sudden converting to metric for every day use would cause problems.
There are stories where civil engineers switch to metric when building roads and bridges and they end up not being exact in the tiniest of measures which cause problems.

Cuz mayonnaise yt want niggas to struggle.

It is also difficult to have things injection molded properly for a good price in the United States using metric due to it not being prevalent.

Because fuck your jew system

Attached: jewshit.jpg (926x875, 161K)

Fuck it. Everyone else use the SI (international system).

Meters, Kelvin, kilograms.... Even in music.
Learn to say DoReMiFaSolLaSiDo you fuckin gringos.

Attached: 1520267388395-x.jpg (500x519, 85K)

Because it bothers the rest of the world for some reason

Why Indians don't use toilets?

>amerigoys
>talking about jewish influence
tip top jej

youtube.com/watch?v=gIWDVuHDpq0

Yeah, like in your country.

Also, source? Yeah, in Chile here we were very retarded (the south bridge,actually made by foreign company), but all of our anti quake builds are made in metric system.

How it feels a quake there, user? We have 6.0 ritcher with 1 mercalli very often. Metric wins.

Why Poland is such a compulsive toilet scrubber?

Why doesn’t the rest of the world use our systems of measurement?
They already steal everything else from us.

imperial system makes it easier for the average man to take measurements in the real world

A foot is a human foot
a yard is a step
an inch is a finger segment
a cup is a cup
a teaspoon is a teaspoon
....etc

taking measurements in the real world is very easy with imperial system.
The advantage of the metric system is it makes calculations easier on paper

Attached: units of measure.jpg (543x4640, 978K)

>USA
>"We are America"
>b-but not South America
>USA always attentional and busy brainwashing cultures

What else I am missing? Oh, your FUCKIN UNITS BOY STOP BEING SO AMERICAN ONLY

/thread

It keeps yer noggin joggin

Attached: 1524868836082.jpg (480x480, 35K)

We are going out of our way to convince your sort to use them. Sadly, to no avail.

>American education

But it's redundant, feet are of different sizes, so you won't get precise length anyway, same for steps.

no it's not precise, but the average man doesn't need to be precise. For example, judging whether your car will fit into your front yard, you can just pace it out. Or roughly how much string you need, or roughly how long something will take

Kitchen measurements don't have to be super precise either, just a rough approximation is all you need

Because you can't tell me what to do.

Hahaha, top kek.

But we can do the same with meters. I know how much is 1 meter or 2 just from looking at something, even though I lack proper reference

Because FUCK THE CROWN thats why

Year, month, day is the best system.

It isnt their fault at all. If your country's system education is fucked up, it is because the laws and norms of it were made by engineers/economists/whatever-*mad-men who think education is money.

Like in my country. And no, im not leftie you fuckin morons. Im tired being 8 hours in school repeatin again and again to prepare my anus for the "PSU", the final test of the last grade to enter the over-priced university and stuff (also see the depression rates, 1/5 , etc)

Yeah, revolucion pinguina 2006. In this area im with you gringos. Education has a bad system.

but why would you use a meter when you could pace it out with your feet?

A meter is just a yard anyway, they designed the metric system so the two would be a close as possible

if you wanted you could have deca-feet, and kilo-feet, or centi-feet.....etc. But why would you want this?
The metric system makes some calculations on paper a bit simpler, but taking measurments in the real world is harder. Because their system is not scaled to the human body

Day/month/year. I need to see which day is it first, not the fuckin month. For that i have my hands (and math, add 7 and is the same day)

Attached: 450px-Month_-_Knuckles_(en).svg.png (450x220, 25K)

This is why we come here boys!
Have a (You)

such a good post

Attached: 1522276045249.jpg (720x720, 69K)

because when other nations are nuked, our ways will be only way. and as such the only remaining survivors will be scientifically retarded.

Attached: 1505785879394.jpg (251x245, 9K)

>implying eternally exploited and browned Germoney has room to talk

The serious answer is that imperial is better for creating square and circular tracts of farmland, something the u.s. has more of than anyone else.

There's already rods, chains, and furloughs, they fell out of use.

What the fuck are you even talking about generic Texas.

As for Fahrenheit, I heard he was a free mason and that's why things "unfreeze" at 33 degrees

Today is April 30th, 2018
In other words, Month/day/year
It's how normal people talk

We use it for things like going to the moon and building the world's largest naval force.

Kek. Always gets me.

But Ancient Greeks made that metric system up...

Severely retarded?

Attached: 1492683092410.jpg (590x578, 38K)

Fahrenheit makes much more sense for the real world (keep celsius and kelvin for science class) for this reason:
>0*F is pretty cold, need a coat and hat. 0*C is cold but not horrible. 100*F is hot, but tolerable, drink plenty of water. 100*C is you're dead.

>It's how normal people talk
Segondnya dvadtsat' vos'moye aprelya dve tisyachee vosemnadtsatogo goda
This is how normal people talk.

Plus we have 9 degrees for your 5. Celsius only makes more sense if you're a drop of water, Fahrenheit is for humans.

Because us Americans are fucking stupid.

Just look at our Dorito in Chief for proof.

That makes no sense, retard. it's because of people like you that America has such a bad reputation.

And yet my foot is exactly one foot.

Masonic origins.

With load or without? After physical excercises or before? At morning or at evening? Left or right?

This but unironically

fasteners

Most people don't have a 12 inch foot. That'd mean size 14 shoes would be a lot more common...

See how retarded Imperial is?

The rest of the world can formally adopt English first.
Then we'll talk metric.

>Why Americans don't use the Metric System?
For the same reason the rest of the world doesn't fully implement the metric system: making every unit of measurement divisible by ten isn't necessarily better.
I'm still waiting for the rest of the world to implement a metric calendar.

nice bait hahahahah goddamn

Why does this thread keep getting posted? No one in the U.S. cares. It hasn't been a serious political issue in over 35 years. Congress never talks about, the presidential debates never mention it (could you even imagine Trump and Clinton discussing the metric system?), and it's nowhere to be found on any poll of issues about which Americans care the most.

Let it go. Metric had its chance in the 1970s and failed miserably. There is more support today for re-discussing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than metric shit.

>1 year = 10 months
>1 month = 10 weeks
>1 week = 10 days
>1 day = 10 hours
>1 hour = 10 minutes
>1 minute = 10 seconds
Hahahaha, I can easily calculate how many seconds in a kiloday! Americans BTFO!

Because-
fucked up system for a fucked up mind

We didn't.
The French just used a Greek word.
>us-metric.org/origin-of-the-metric-system/

Pound, gallons, feet, inches, etc. only seem retarded to those ignorant of the history of Western civilization. They're not complicated to anyone with half a brain, and they make good practical sense when doing real work. Metric was designed for those who count with fingers and toes.

It Actually translates to "Countable".

>Fahrenheit
I will explain why this was better.
>Be Dr. Fahrenheit
>Need thermometer to do my science.
>Shit, every thermometer gives slightly different reading.
>Rulers to mark arbitrary degrees of mercy expansion are slightly off.
>I know!
>Put unmarked thermometer in ice water and mark it at 32.
>Measure my body temperature, mark at at 96 (was changed to 98.6 later).
>Difference of 64, a factor of 2.
>Evenly divide it by 2, down to 1 unit.
Now anyone, anywhere in the world, can easily make a standardize thermometer.
Your welcome faggots.

Attached: Fahrenheit_small.jpg (166x227, 11K)

Not entirely sure if this is an ironic comment or if the poster is actually that stupid.

+
or measurable.
>Based on translation.

You can precisely divide a length in half.
How would you, with out any standardized modern rulers, create a precise Celsius thermometer?

Im retarded. Says the guy who needs everything made simple.

Yeah, it's weird, isn't it?

>Imperial is for retards
>Why don't you use metric? It's so simple! My pea brain can't remember numbers unless they're divisible by ten

i say 1st of may

POO
IN
LOO

it used to be any persons foot and varied from person to person. at some point it got standardized to the kings foot size

Sure is summer in here

Take it to int or bant this is not pol related at all.

Attached: Da Rules.png (607x788, 446K)

i bet you kiwis also say "bicarbonate of soda" and "15 minutes after..."
i worked with an NZ chef and everyone snickered at the way he said tomah-to instead of our usa hick version of tomayto.

OP just accept that people use whatever system is most convenient and familiar to them. we measure shit using inches and foots, and square foots. one lb. (and fractions in ounces) makes more sense to me than kilos and grams.

Because they are Ameri.......................................................Muts?

sage BTW

The Imperial System is a Christian system based on actual phenomenon and objects in the world. The Metric System is an Athiest System based on no absolute reference, and uses ridiculously large or small quantities to describe simple things, 6 feet tall is more understable than 182.88 cm for instance.

They are idiots. Same thing with their damn clock.

DO NOT SAGE THIS THREAD YOU FUCK
WEIGHTS AND MEASUREMENTS ARE RELEVANT TO POLITICALLY INCORRECT!!! RAWWRRR

menorah has 7 candles bruh

Imperial is used by the U.S. and in partial use in Canada and Britain. It's the system of the white man.

Metric is the system of Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and China. It's the non-whites' system.

Yeeeeeeeee

Attached: 1524660947093.jpg (1440x1080, 170K)

We don't use the Revolutionary calendar either, and it was created at the same time and with the same arbitrariness.

We refer to our country as America because we're the only country in the America's that has America in the official name. Why is this so hard to understand?