Do you think there will ever be a nostalgia for our times? People looking back, missing how cool it was in the 10's?

Do you think there will ever be a nostalgia for our times? People looking back, missing how cool it was in the 10's?

Attached: lay-it-down.jpg (253x360, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E49U7A2de4I
youtu.be/6eUWOfCBnac
stefangagne.com/spatulacity/
stefangagne.com/spatulacity/button.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=PbQY4CKqziY
youtube.com/watch?v=oKHi-Dg_7QM
youtube.com/watch?v=I1CP1751wJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, its been all shit in regards to culture, the 90s was the last somewhat decent decade. Every decade before had value 2000 and on just pure Jewish garbage without attempt to even conceal it.

do people have nostalgia for the 1910s, 20s, 30s and 40s?

no of course not, nobody wants to remember the war years.

How? decades used to be totally distinctive, people will be nostalgic just for personal reasons

I think there is nostalgia for certain aspects of those times. Music, culture, etc. Jow Forums is obsessed with nostalgia for the late 30's early 40's.

maybe Jow Forumstards will, everyone else will remember what they were told to

The next 10 years will appear a 1000 years more advanced then the last 10.

I'll miss the 2016 election

People will miss cheap oil and easy access to food greatly

What is cool or memorable these days?
Phones?
The 80s nostalgia is for clothes and music and youth cults.
Today you just get chavs listening to adult nursery rhymes.

There may be some for e-celebs...
I'm sure some miss Jared Milton.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 7K)

It is beginning to accelerate. Hopefully they cure cancer soon

memes

Depends if things get better or worse.
The "roaring twenties" were well-remembered supposedly.
They might be seen as just an interim period of decadence between tragic periods by many though.

No because the music sucks now. Music defined all the nostalgic times. What, are they going to start listening to Ed Sheeran again in 2038? Doubtful, and if they do, I hope I'm dead by then.

Proles won't be allowed to remember they ever had those things, the rest will still have them.

>The 80s nostalgia is for clothes and music and youth cults.
The last time when white guys were heralded as cool.

Attached: index.jpg (920x584, 99K)

Doubtful.
>also, thread theme:
youtu.be/E49U7A2de4I

Attached: thinn_qt_7.jpg (811x811, 186K)

>Proles

I hate the tone of leftypol

>/leftypol/
>trashing communism

Attached: 1503388858145.jpg (456x337, 120K)

Does China still hate you guys, you and your traditional characters?

blissfully ignorant normies will, if only for the sake of the mainstream pop culture media they liked. nicki minaj songs, marvel movies, big bang theory, etc. maybe a few internet ppl for certain styles of meme. there doesnt seem to be all that much which stands out about this decade to me in terms of what is iconic or definitively 10's, but often times its only in hindsight that we define that kinda thing and reflect on how things were "better" as they get "worse".

No, this is a horrible era, anything past 2000 is horrible.

Attached: twoheadedgirl.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

I doubt it, people are getting more retarded

What about heroes? 80's action heroes are missed. Who are our heroes now? Trump?

Christ, no.

Well said.

>just for personal reasons
That's for the few alive right now that aren't totally miserable.

People who were waist deep in the maymay will look back on this decade fondly. For everyone else this is a throwaway decade.

Au contraire mon ami. They want to feel our warm embrace once again. youtu.be/6eUWOfCBnac

Attached: 1522741170501.jpg (640x640, 106K)

yikes

>you think there will ever be a nostalgia for our times? People looking back, missing how cool it was in the 10's?

There is nostalgia for the early 00s so everything is possible. If it keeps getting worse we are going to look back with longing even to the 10s

>for the early 00s
The only thing I miss is Windows XP. I would say the club music, but that too went sour after 2000.

I will miss the times when sites like Jow Forums were accessible

no. the cut off is the 90s. everything after that is down hill for the west. any one born after that is screwed and probably will suffer from a range of mental disorders caused by being raised in a dysfunctional environment due to economic factors and possibly prion diseases that made it to the consumers thanks to... economic factors preventing recalls

Yeah, I remember getting stuck in the tar-pit called Jow Forums and wasting several years of my life finding appropriate memes.
Good times.

I've been here since 2011. I could have had a PhD by now. Fuck all of you.

Yes, of course, the last days when internet usage was still strange and interesting. I have nostalgia for this sort of thing:
stefangagne.com/spatulacity/
stefangagne.com/spatulacity/button.htm

Attached: button.gif (320x200, 13K)

Yes. It always happens, regardless how irrational.

He meant the other part of the world.

From us? Australia IS the other part of the world.

We always lived in degenerate times, now it's time for the great awakening. Join the movement and spread the message.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbQY4CKqziY

youtube.com/watch?v=oKHi-Dg_7QM

Attached: 980x.jpg (980x661, 149K)

Attached: stefan.jpg (384x256, 17K)

Probably not. No one remembers or cares about 1900-1920 really, other than WW1. It is interesting though, that from 1920-2000 every decade had unique character. Then again, 2005-2020 might be remembered as the beginning of certain things, like social media.

Avengers

Literally nobody wants to go back to the 1990's. Worst decade ever.

I'm getting the "no" feeling.

No. The 80's and 90's are universally regarded as special years in terms of music, vidya, TV, fashion and even state of mind. Whereas the only people who will be nostalgic of the 2010's will be the ones who grew up during that time (kinda like how former CoD kids are now making nostalgia threads about CoD games, it makes me uncomfortable).

Attached: giphy - copie.gif (274x350, 1.98M)

yes.
because it gets worse most of the time
so every past decade, century, millenium, will be missed

Why are you throwing in the 80's with the 90's?

Idiot.

I miss Malcolm in the Middle, playing Metal Gear 1 and 2 and watching Smallville. But mostly because it was my childhood

It may happen, but it won't be deserved so much.

Plenty of people yearn for the pre smartphone era

back when jackass and skateboarding was popular and people went out in public without fear of being false flag terrorist attacked by the cia/mossad.

Cold war booming economy decent music vs. peaceful consumerist emo or pop shit. The 50's were quite different than the 60's. The only two decades you could really throw together are the 70's and 80's. 1981 and 1998 are like comparing 2001 and 2018 imo.

>CoD games
Cash On Delivery?

no things obviously get better and better which is why people tolerate more encroachments upon the individual. Only in hindsight and ignorance does anyone look back with longing, even your golden age in the 50s were unbeleivably shit by today's standards.

You can compare suicide rates. They were lowest in the 1950's and 1920's. Both had baby booms. It's safe to say they were more satisfied with life.

Mind you 1950's in the UK were nothing like the 1950's in North America. Same with 1920's. You came out of both wars broke.

>no things obviously get better and better which is why people tolerate more encroachments upon the individual
>the presence of an intrusive police state is evidence of things getting better and better

G E N I U S

Yes. Proof: the age of the people that defend Star Wars Ep. 1-3

I am a geneticist working in a cancer center... don't hold your breath. Cure for metastatic cancer is literally nowhere in sight. Certainty wont be in our lifetime.

Agreed. For starters, the years prior to WW1 were among the most optimistic in human history.

"Above all there was optimism, 'a robust conviction that we were on the right track; that man was a teachable animal who would work out his salvation if given his chance'."

2000s before 2007:
9/11
Bush Wars
early 2000s teen music
Harry Potter
LotR
The Matrix
pre-marvel studios superheroes
Pixar
Playstation 2

2000s after 2007:
Economic recession
internet becomes mainstream
birth of memes
social media
smartphones
Wii
Big Bang Theory

2010s:
Liberalism reaches insanity levels
Refugee crisis
Trump
Brexit

But we'll probably never have anything like the 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's again, fashion, tv and music are getting more and more homogenous, unlike in those 5 decades where it was all very distinct

The 10's haven't aged well and we haven't even left them yet. Memes made sense when they were an imageboard and forum culture thing, they were a good way to post in jokes and shit, but now that every normie faggot spouts the latest dead horse it's just fucking pathetic.

Movies will be made about how awesome 2015 was for sure.

Attached: JUcg3EL.jpg (600x461, 64K)

>The only two decades you could really throw together are the 70's and 80's.
You weren't around in the 80's were you.

>But we'll probably never have anything like the 50's 60's 70's 80's and 90's again, fashion, tv and music are getting more and more homogenous, unlike in those 5 decades where it was all very distinct
There are no "subcultures" anymore. The Internet has blended everything into one global "post-culture". This is one long continuous "decade" that will last forever.

We've compiled a list of 2010-2018 Marvels of scientific invention:

Tablet

Best time to be Canadian was in the decade preceding WWI.

Roaring 20s is actually a popular period for films and fashion

I think 2007 marks the point where we entered into the dystopian future, you know the future they talked about in the movies. The 20th century was the present, before it was the past, and we are currently in the future

Al Capone, prohibition.... crappy memories but inspired great stories.

I liked the 90's, there were a lot of small to medium alternative bands touring that you could see for under $15 dollars.

Albert Collins, the Cramps, Royal Trux were all touring.

90's was when white hate and ridicule gained momentum. There were still cities that were almost entirely white. Remember that? Maybe the nostalgia for this decade will be seeing any white people at all.

2008, it's when the LHC was first turned on

It already exists. It's nano machines synthesized from your own living tissue that are injected back into your body and guided to the location of the cancer by radio waves.
We've been able to do this since the 60s.

Wew lad. Imagine the entirety of europe being 85% brown in 2070. And then looking back on this time with nostalgia.

Attached: 1523044240313.jpg (500x360, 151K)

agreed, nothing worth a shit past 2000 except people being enslaved by FB and instagram and massive nigger music brainwashing plus Kardashian swine

CoD=fish from atlantic?

Care of Daddy?

I miss feeling hopeful around '05. And enjoying vidya, and having friends.

Basically meme culture became mainstream. Little kids will be nostalgic for YouTube shows like jack septiguy and sundee like millennials were for icarly shows.

Cadre of dumbasses

Hahaha. The 70’s and 80’s lumped together. That’s funny. If anything the early and mid 70’s was the peak of the late 60’s flower power. While mid late 50’s to 65 was peak America. 80’s was distinctly different as was the 90’s. Early 2000’s had an “internet culture” and reality tv fetish but the 2010’s will all be remembered for iPhone, Facebook, Instagram and meme culture.

The people of the 80's had an intense hatred for the 70's, particularly for disco and bell-bottoms.
youtube.com/watch?v=I1CP1751wJA

yeah a small group, there are people dumb enough to miss the 70's, there will be dummies missing our time too. Them and meme war vets of course.

Attached: 1485833456205.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Not too much nostalgia for the Great Depression out there.

Personally I hated Disco and the faggoty 80's.

Now I sort of feel a bit of nostalgia for the dis..

Oh wait, NO FUCK THAT.

>I miss feeling hopeful
>period

People will always feel nostalgic about their childhood years but in terms of distinct decades to look back on whistfully, that shit is over. The internet fucked everything up royally and then smart phones sealed the deal ensuring that we will forever spiral downward into a loop of inescapable retardation. I thank God I grew up in the 80s and early 90s before the internet really took off.

Attached: 0344AAF1-CD52-4556-968F-4C2051861474.jpg (957x621, 71K)

Actually American media glamorized the depression endlessly.

Attached: E965A89D-199F-4A5D-9965-FE57A1243797.png (1280x717, 494K)

Yes, people who were young and pretty in the 10s will be nostalgic. People who were kids in the 10s will be nostalgic, because life was safe and care-free and mom and dad and grandma and grandpa were still alive.

Once the 10s are over and in the past, it will always be a harmless decade for you. Nothing in the 90s can kill or cripple me now, because nothing in the 90s ever did, so there is no more risk from the 90s. Everything from then is a known factor, just a harmless page in a yearbook.

Can I just go back to the time before nigger culture took over and liberals infested everything?

>posts photo from the 80s
are you retarded, leaf?
>nostalgia for the 10s
nope, most of you will be dead from drug overdoses or suicide

It was fun wasn't it? Twitter was fun.

i already have nostalgia for the 00s. media and culture was still decent halfway into them and after that when everyone got on the internet you were popular or at least cool if you weren't an utter pleb and could social engineer myspace. now every fag and nigger and their nan is spouting shit memes. im an old man not getting the endless 70IQ memes and the only cyber i could have would be with 30 year old hags

Pop Music always sucks when you're in it. It only gets good when the new current pop gets worse.

Roaring 20s nostalgia has become a cliche. 30s-40s is a bit more niche, but there's definitely nostalgia for it (particularly among the Dieselpunks and Fedora-tippers).

1910s nostalgia though, nobody really indulges in it, and it's hard to find material with respect to consumption. It's a shame really.

Yep, people it's fairly predictable.

20s nostalgia is well known you fucking retard

Bullshit. Late 2000s music like Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, was released 10 years ago and is still equally shit today as it was back then and nobody cares for it anymore. 80s and 90s pop music is still being played and even have entire radio stations dedicated to them and will probably be around for as long as music is popular or until civilization as we know collapses